can you train yourself to remember your dreams?

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

can you train yourself to remember your dreams?

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 am

I seem to be dreaming quite a bit nowadays but dont remember any of them. Can you train your mind to remember your dreams?

does dreaming and not dreaming have any significance??

Swetha

Celestial

Re: can you train yourself to remember your dreams?

Post by Celestial » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 pm

swetha wrote:I seem to be dreaming quite a bit nowadays but dont remember any of them. Can you train your mind to remember your dreams?

does dreaming and not dreaming have any significance??

Swetha
Very warm greetings, Swetha! Actually, when we are in the dream state we leave our physical body and enter into the spirit world with our spiritual body. We are connected by the silver cord to bring us back to our physical body once we conclude our short journeys each night.

The reason many people do not remember their dreams is due to the fact that we are in another dimension at the time we are experiencing our dreams. As such, when we return to this dimension and wake up we are mostly unable to remember where we've been or what we've done. This is common with many people as the brain does not normally retain that which is foreign to its properties.

One way to train your mind to remember your dreams is to say a few affirmative words just before you retire at night. Those words can be things like 'I will remember what I dream of tonight.' Or 'As I wake up I will be able to have full memory of my dreams.' Repeating this several times before going to sleep seems to have a positive effect on retaining what you dream of.

Another way is immediately upon awakening, when your dreams or part of them are still fresh in your memory, have a Dream Journal by your bedside and write down everything you can remember about your dream. That way you can capture most of what you have experienced during the dream state. Some people even keep a "lighted pen" next to their bed and can awaken to write down their dreams in the middle of the night. That may be the exception rather than the rule but do what is best for you!

As to whether dreaming or not dreaming has any significance, I don't believe there is an actual significant factor involved most times. When you dream, you leave your body and can go into the spirit world most times but at other times you can also be reflecting some part of your life that you are concerned about or that revisits you when you are calm and collected during your nocturnal rest. It usually contains a message for you. Therefore, what you can see or remember about your dreams often casts a reflection on something that is pertinent for you to know about. Having that dream interpreted, if you cannot do it for yourself, is the other part that completes the dream experience. Also, when people dream in color, that is an indication they have a degree of psychic vision.

Thank you for your excellent questions, Swetha! Have a truly wonderful day with bright sunshine and much happiness!
With God's blessings of Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love,
Celestial

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your wonderful reply :) makes me fall in love with everything on this forum when I get to to understand such simple yet mind opening facts :) And you made it sound so simple!

Celestial

Post by Celestial » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm

swetha wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your wonderful reply :) makes me fall in love with everything on this forum when I get to to understand such simple yet mind opening facts :) And you made it sound so simple!

Thank you for YOUR wonderful reply, dear Swetha! Actually, it is a simple thing to do once one knows about and understands the basics of what needs to be done. The next thing to do is to Apply It!

Thanks again, dear, and have a beautiful day with love and life singing in the air all over for you!
With God's blessings of Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love,
Celestial

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Dreams are a reflection of your emotional state and the symbols designed to help resolve these emotional issues.  The symbols are not expressed the same as a psychic symbol, but always to do with your own emotional state.

That is why the dreamer is the best interpreter, but can use guidance on the symbols to show the path of the dream back to conscious state.

Not all dreams are about the wandering spirit.  The mind has many facets, some yet to be explored.  What the mind thinks does not mean the body has to follow.

The mind also protects our ego and natural balance - sometimes dreams are to be enjoyed and not necessarily interpreted to our own emotional state.  Concentration on the conscious state is more important than remembering dreams that may have no real significance to how we live our life, at all.

God bless, J

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 pm

For a time, I was exploring dreams a lot. I got a lot of books on the subject, and kept a journal beside my bed for whenever I could wake up and remember my dreams. When I did this I definitely was remembering dreams a lot more often. But I discovered a few things. Because of the way our sleep cycles work, you are most likely to remember your dreams if you sleep in. Each cycle of sleep becomes longer and longer in each interval the longer you sleep. So the longer you sleep, the longer your dream cycles will become. They will also blend more with your more awake cycles, so that you may be more likely to wake directly out of a dream and remember it vividly. Also, unfortunately, the more sleeping problems or emotional problems we may have, the more likely we are to wake up frequently in the night, and more likely to wake out of a dream, and thus remember it more clearly.

Some people never remember their dreams, or they say they simply don't dream. Chances are, they are getting a wonderful night's sleep each night!

I also discovered that I will remember my dreams in cycles of days or weeks, and then for like two months I won't be able to remember any. But when I get back into intending to recall my dreams and back into keeping a journal of them beside my bed, the dreams are more vivid and may last more nights that usual. Still, I've never been one to be able to remember my dreams every single night for longer than a short period. I know some people can remember them every night though. So partly it might just depend on you!

southernrain55

Post by southernrain55 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 pm

I do the same caithiggs. I have noticed that certain times, I remember most all of my dreams...or atleast bits and pieces of them. Then long periods will go by where I can't remember any or have the feeling that I didn't dream at all!

I used to be able to remember most all my dreams. I could also "control" my dreams. It was as if I could pause the 'movie' and rewrite the script. If in the middle of my dream something was unpleasant to me I could hear myself say "No, that's not right. I don't like that" and then it would change! I can no longer do that, I have always wondered why.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”