Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: shalimar123, eye_of_tiger, suzisco, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello Rishirahul ji,

Can we move ahead in this Chapter of Arudha.I am really looking forward for knowing more about this.

Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:44 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hello Rishirahul ji,

Can we move ahead in this Chapter of Arudha.I am really looking forward for knowing more about this.

Regards,
Raman
Namashkaar Ramanji,

We will certainly continue this somewhat later. The Arudha is a difficult concept and let us/the students make some time to breathe it in.

vivek & RishiRahul
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun May 02, 2010 8:18 am

Namaskaar Rishi ji and Vivek ji

I was rereading the lesson. A doubt arose relating to a very fundamental understanding of sathya and maaya. Request you to clarify.

To my mind, there appears to be three (not two) distinct possibilities in relation to an event/result and its perception.

1. The true event/result (Sathya)
2. Perception of the native about the event/result
3. Percpetion of the event/result by others (maaya)

The lesson associated 1st with lagna and 3rd with aroodha. What about 2nd?

For e.g, a native has done his doctorate in a subject from a good university (sathya) but is not happy since he is eyeing a few doctorates (native's perception). People around him perceive him to be highly educated and knowledeable (Aroodha).

Also, I have seen experienced astrologers guessing lagna of native from physical features and behavioural traits. Will this not actually determine the Aroodha rather than lagna?

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Our answers below.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Rishi ji and Vivek ji

I was rereading the lesson. A doubt arose relating to a very fundamental understanding of sathya and maaya. Request you to clarify.

To my mind, there appears to be three (not two) distinct possibilities in relation to an event/result and its perception.

Maybe Graha Aaroodha. But we are still not very sure.
For e.g, a native has done his doctorate in a subject from a good university (sathya) but is not happy since he is eyeing a few doctorates (native's perception). People around him perceive him to be highly educated and knowledeable (Aroodha).

Also, I have seen experienced astrologers guessing lagna of native from physical features and behavioural traits. Will this not actually determine the Aroodha rather than lagna?
See the underlined words. There are many techniques for this and who knows what hey really use?
CRS
Rishirahul and vivek.

Certain

Post by Certain » Thu May 19, 2011 1:02 am

CRS
Shouldnt second correspond to chandra lagna.
SG

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 am

Certain wrote:

vivek & RishiRahul=From the lagna

vivek & RishiRahul=from moon.  Moon is the karaka for Arudha Lagna.

vivek & RishiRahul=From Arudha Lagna

vivek & RishiRahul=Your query is not clear.

vivek & RishiRahul=both are important in different ways. Apply the 'true looks' and how others would 'perceive' that look.

CRS
Shouldnt second correspond to chandra lagna.
SG

Namashkaar Certainji,

In addition to the above, this is to add that more deeper than usual concepts are attained by other Arudhas beyond the scope of our present lessons in this topic.

Thus answering this in depth now would only mislead/be unclear.

For now,

vivek and RishiRahul
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

pranavg

Upapada

Post by pranavg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:39 am

Namaskar all,

I was wondering why Arudha of 12th house (UL) is considered for marriage and spouse related information?
Why 12th house?

And is UL seen from Rashi chart or Navamsa for spouse and marriage related matter?
I believe it should be Navamsa but then what significance does UL in Rashi chart holds?

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

Rohiniranjan

Re: Upapada

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 am

pranavg wrote:Namaskar all,

I was wondering why Arudha of 12th house (UL) is considered for marriage and spouse related information?
Why 12th house?

And is UL seen from Rashi chart or Navamsa for spouse and marriage related matter?
I believe it should be Navamsa but then what significance does UL in Rashi chart holds?

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
According to a few Astros, it has to do with one aspect of the 12th house which deals with one component of marriage, or at least traditionally had been the case. It used to be loss of celibacy (brahmacharya) and also shayan-sajja sukh. Others treat the term more literally as indicating 'pleasant sleep'.

In modern times such concepts and norms have changed drastically and some may consider irrelevant. Other than traditional (orthodox) societies, marriage itself has changed in its description, roles and responsibilities so it must have a deeper implication intended by the ancient proponents of astrology.

With the (12th or 2nd?) diversity of opinions regarding what constitutes upapda, discussed recently, there arises yet another interesting angle (also raised a few days ago).

Perhaps there is a way out...? Collect some charts of couples known to you and do a retrospective study to see if their ULs make sense in terms of describing the partner, the marriage, etc. Ultimately, if you are going to use astrology practically you will have to get used to doing that in much of astrology, as opposed to having blind faith in what people wrote or said.

I hope I am not sounding too heretical? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
Dimensions

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”