PREPARATION AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY LESSON 1

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Late Joinee

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:15 am

VikramShenoy210 wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
VikramShenoy210 wrote:Vivek and Rishi Rahulji
Pranaaam!

I am also a late starter in this forum, but better than never :). First of all a BIG thank you for both of you for organising this kind of platform, which is not only gives an opportunity to learn this great art of prediction, but also gives us an opportunity to spread among those who are inclined towards it.
No coming to the questions, I feel

What is the goal or aim of your life?

To reach supreme lord, Lord Krishna. However, there are some temporoy goals in life, which are very mundane and do not count much. The foremost goal is to get out of this cycle of births and deaths.

What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?

I always wished to read my own chart and also help others in thier difficulties in life.  

What are your experience with Astrology and Astrologers?

Generally very good. But I dont want to pesture any of them anymore. And this is the reason why i want to learn it myself.

What are the Vedas?

Om tad visno param padam. The vedas have a single aim that is to reach the lotus feet of Lord Visnu, all the beutiful, all merciful, all intelligent and the one without a second.

Thank you and may that peace rest in all living and nonliving creatures

Vikram

Namashkaar VikramShenoy210ji,

We wish your Learning of Jyotish will be Purposeful.  Your replies  betray much Respect, Healthy optimism, and a strong Purpose.

You need to find it better.

Good luck,

vivek and RishiRahul

Dear Vivek and RisiRahul ji,

I dont know where I offended you, however I do apologise if incase I have heart you in anyways. Please forgive me if incase I have hurt in anyways.

Thank you

Vikram

Namashkaar VikramShenoy210 ji,

Where did you find the reasons for us getting offended?  We are not offended at all!

The word 'betray' here means..' to reveal' or 'shows'.

Maybe you did not understand the 'term'.

We always wish our learners well.

vivek and RishiRahul
Last edited by RishiRahul on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VikramShenoy210

Re: Late Joinee

Post by VikramShenoy210 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:33 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
VikramShenoy210 wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
VikramShenoy210 wrote:Vivek and Rishi Rahulji
Pranaaam!

I am also a late starter in this forum, but better than never :). First of all a BIG thank you for both of you for organising this kind of platform, which is not only gives an opportunity to learn this great art of prediction, but also gives us an opportunity to spread among those who are inclined towards it.
No coming to the questions, I feel

What is the goal or aim of your life?

To reach supreme lord, Lord Krishna. However, there are some temporoy goals in life, which are very mundane and do not count much. The foremost goal is to get out of this cycle of births and deaths.

What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?

I always wished to read my own chart and also help others in thier difficulties in life.  

What are your experience with Astrology and Astrologers?

Generally very good. But I dont want to pesture any of them anymore. And this is the reason why i want to learn it myself.

What are the Vedas?

Om tad visno param padam. The vedas have a single aim that is to reach the lotus feet of Lord Visnu, all the beutiful, all merciful, all intelligent and the one without a second.

Thank you and may that peace rest in all living and nonliving creatures

Vikram

Namashkaar VikramShenoy210ji,

We wish your Learning of Jyotish will be Purposeful.  Your replies  betray much Respect, Healthy optimism, and a strong Purpose.

You need to find it better.

Good luck,

vivek and RishiRahul

Dear Vivek and RisiRahul ji,

I dont know where I offended you, however I do apologise if incase I have heart you in anyways. Please forgive me if incase I have hurt in anyways.

Thank you

Vikram

Namashkaar VikramShenoy210 ji,

Where did you find the reasons for us getting offended?  We are not offended at all!

The word 'betray' here means..' to reveal' or 'shows'.

Maybe you did not understand the 'term'.

We always wish our learners well.

vivek and RishiRahul
Guruji,

Thank you for clarifications. Yes I got that word wrong.

Regards,

Vikram

kush

Late Joinee

Post by kush » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 am

Hello Vivek and Rishi Rahulji,

I too like some of the people listed above am a late beginner. I am extremely grateful to you both for providing such a platform for absolute beginners like me to learn astrology. I hope I will be able to catch-up with the rest of the learners on the forum and be able to contribute to the discussions in a healthy manner.

Coming to the questions asked:

1. What is the goal or aim of your life?
Leading a happy life would be my aim as would that of any one else. But more than anything else, I want to really be at peace with myself. I've been through success and failure, ups and downs like any one else.; but peace has always been lacking in my life. That's something i hope to find by the time my time comes.

2. What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?
The idea that planets so far away from us can influence us on earth is really mind-boggling. I, personally, have always been fascinated by the lengthy numerical charts that horoscopes have though i've never been able to interpret them. Finally, once i've learned enough astrology, I would like to help out people having a hard time. And though i realize that i might not be able to completely root out the problem, I certainly would like to offer solutions so that a person can get out of the tough time without much loss.

3. What are your experience with Astrology and Astrologers?
Well, it's been mixed. Though for the most part what they've told has been correct. But one time they went horribly wrong when i asked about my job. I had an inkling of sorts that i was gonna lose it, asked an astrologer, she said i wouldn't. But within 10 days of that prediction i was handed my notice to leave.

4. What are the Vedas?
Ancient Hindu scriptures that contain all the wisdom there is. I don't know much about them but I believe they contain the eternal truth and offer a path to reach the all-powerful, knowing, being we term God or call by various other names. If memory serves me right, the vedas describe an "adi, anant" being. We humans however gave him shape.

pksnrl

Post by pksnrl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm

I had gone though each postings in first 3 pages of this preparation, then I felt I should put MY answers duly.

Q1: What is the goal or aim of your life?

Many years has passed, without bothering to know the meaning of goal or aim. I have been like one flowing in the river called life. Sometimes, I do try to swim to one way or away from one. It would have been great, if I could tell you my goal or aim. I would surely like to gather them or garnish them through your esteemed venture on Jyotish. Let light shine on my path and make my journey ever more happier. I would certainly like to make many.. many people happy in my life time. If, I can make one person happy a day, my day is fulfilled. I would certainly would like to learn everyday. Anything.... of everything. Not that - 'knowledge is power' (which is also true); but to quench my thirst. and I am very thirsty.

Q2: What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?

If I leave this question unanswered here, still you have already understood why I am here. In my mind and soul, I have Jyotish in Guru's Sthan. I should be able to systematically learn jyotish here. Gone are the days, when I would be jumping around websites and ebooks. Western astrology had always been alien to me. Perhaps can appreciate later, once, I have enough knowledge in Jyotish. Skimmed through other streams too, could not find enough conviction to identify with.    

Q3: What are your experience with Astrology and Astrologers?

I have grown among Astrology books and Astrologers. Never immersed in it, so to say. From now onwards, I hope to get enlightened....... with your blessings.

Q4: What are the Vedas?

Four Vedas - Rig, Yajur, Atharva and Saam. Beyond the names, I have no further education. May be some in the form of Panchatantra or grandmothers stories. Thank you for reminding of my roots. I have to learn. Just assure me that I would not get lost in complexities.

With Warm Regards.

Pankaj
Pankaj Saikia

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 am

pksnrl wrote:I had gone though each postings in first 3 pages of this preparation, then I felt I should put MY answers duly.

Many years has passed, without bothering to know the meaning of goal or aim. I have been like one flowing in the river called life. Sometimes, I do try to swim to one way or away from one. It would have been great, if I could tell you my goal or aim. I would surely like to gather them or garnish them through your esteemed venture on Jyotish. Let light shine on my path and make my journey ever more happier. I would certainly like to make many.. many people happy in my life time. If, I can make one person happy a day, my day is fulfilled. I would certainly would like to learn everyday. Anything.... of everything. Not that - 'knowledge is power' (which is also true); but to quench my thirst. and I am very thirsty.

Q2: What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?

If I leave this question unanswered here, still you have already understood why I am here. In my mind and soul, I have Jyotish in Guru's Sthan. I should be able to systematically learn jyotish here. Gone are the days, when I would be jumping around websites and ebooks. Western astrology had always been alien to me. Perhaps can appreciate later, once, I have enough knowledge in Jyotish. Skimmed through other streams too, could not find enough conviction to identify with.    

I have grown among Astrology books and Astrologers. Never immersed in it, so to say. From now onwards, I hope to get enlightened....... with your blessings.

Four Vedas - Rig, Yajur, Atharva and Saam. Beyond the names, I have no further education. May be some in the form of Panchatantra or grandmothers stories. Thank you for reminding of my roots. I have to learn. Just assure me that I would not get lost in complexities.

With Warm Regards.

Pankaj

Namashkaar pksnrlji,

Good answers!!

Do keep up your ideals,

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

tulanandi

Responses

Post by tulanandi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am

Here are my responses:

To be at peace my myself, my decisions and my lack of control over others views/decisions

To be able to help others and myself in self understanding

Self taught and read

Means to achieve true knowledge

vivekvshetty

Re: Responses

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:20 am

Namaskaar Tulanandi ji,
Wow! that was one hurried answer. We would have liked it if you could expand it a bit more.
RishiRahul and vivek.
tulanandi wrote:Here are my responses:

To be at peace my myself, my decisions and my lack of control over others views/decisions

Self taught and read

tulanandi

Post by tulanandi » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:00 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Tulanandi ji,
Wow! that was one hurried answer. We would have liked it if you could expand it a bit more.
RishiRahul and vivek.

Self taught and read

Hi Vivek ji,

This is how I typically write and reply. However, with the teachers feedback...now I will soon post a more thought out response...please five me some time.

tulanandi

Post by tulanandi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:26 pm

tulanandi wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Tulanandi ji,
RishiRahul and vivek.

Self taught and read

Hi Vivek ji,

This is how I typically write and reply. However, with the teachers feedback...now I will soon post a more thought out response...please five me some time.
Here are my revised responses:

Here are my responses:

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"...rights of a human being.

There are two questions here: 1) By what virtue does a person earn this right? 2) What is the relevance of this statement in finding the aim of one's life?

I will try to answer the first one. Quite simply, by being alive and by being human a person attains the right to "pursuing happiness". If he does it or not is not a question of choice. If he does it consciously or does it unconsciously is more like it. Needless to say it is done by all that are alive and human.

Coming to the second question. The truth is that nobody will know the aim of their life until their end. It all depends on how much a person is able to achieve in their lifetime. In those last few days/hours/minutes, it is not the thought of the aim but rather the achievement that will hold a person's thoughts. With this, aim will become secondary and achievement will become primary. Eventually, all that has been achieved will become the aim.

But achieve what? holds a different answer for everyone. All that we as humans know is that what brings us happiness is an achievement. However, its not only materially rich people or kind hearted people who feel a sense of achievement but also the paupers and scoundrels. This is because they understand that in the limits of what they have done with their lives and the actions of the people around them, they find a way of justifying their achievement. Unfortunately this happiness will dawn upon us only when our lives are spent. Its quite ironic actually. A person spends his/her life pursuing this happiness but achieves it only when that life is spent. What a wonderful life we would lead if we were to stumble upon this happiness earlier than that. It would be like nirvana, the first step to which would be acceptance...of ourselves and our surroundings...which comes only when we are nearing death. What a wonder it would be to find this acceptance and peace before that.

Hence, to be at peace my myself, my decisions and my lack of control over others views/decisions is my aim in life.

Socrates said that True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. However, this does not mean that we can't pursue true knowledge. The first step of this is to understand oneself. Why we are what we are? Why we behave the way we behave? Why are there some things which happen to us and not to others (and vice versa)?

Nothing...absolutely nothing in this world can give us these answers. However, theres no harm in some calculated speculating. The pursuit of knowledge is ingrained in human nature...whether achievement is in sight or not is a different question.

Hence, to be able to help others and myself in self understanding is my lkey reason behind learning astrology.

Why Jyotish? is a question I can't answer but let me try. It could be the socio-cultural influence. Also, for some reason, I have not found other astrology modes as interesting/attracting. But I think the key behind this is solving the enigma of...My God! How can us paltry human beings understand things we are not supposed to understand? :-)

My house has seen a number of astrologer visits. I won't say that my family is staunch believers..for the simple reason that at some point or the other...astrologers end up contradicting each other. However, my grandfather always used to say to me....if a person sees rain outside...they don't go out without an umbrella...thinking Oh! its just fate that its raining on the same day when I have to go out and now I have to bear it....we protect ourselves with an umbrella. Astrology is one such umbrella.

I don't know. I remember reading/hearing this in school that the word Veda means tools for achievement of true knowledge. However, I can't vouch for school. They have been inaccurate more than once (I remember a temp science teacher for our class telling us that 100 suns put together would make up Jupiter's equator; I remember some students blindly noting it down; I also remember raising my hand and contradicting the teacher ...as we were told that sun was the largest body in our solar system....and then I also remember being laughted at by classmates for questioning the all-knowledgeable:-) teacher and pulled down to sit)

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”