PREPARATION AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY LESSON 1

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

PREPARATION AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY LESSON 1

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Our thanks to all the members for evincing keen interest in the course.
The course is free and we hope it will help everyone interested.

The begining date for the classes is a few days away, but for a start i would highly recommend the following stotra ( ode . praise , eulogium , a hymn of praise) called the Chaksusmati vidya.
This will promote in developing foresight. This is a preparation before starting the course.
Let us clarify that this is not a compulsory thing and if one is not comfortable doing it due to their belief system then it is better not done.

For those who cant read Sanskrit we have a link for you to download the mp3 of this. If one is not able to pronounce properly (it will surely come with practice) just hear it for as many times as possible.

the link:
http://vi1.org/mantras/kalpasutra/CMVid ... 0Vidya.mp3

our warm welcome to everyone on this forum.
Happy learning.
vivek
Last edited by vivekvshetty on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pittuchen

Post by Pittuchen » Tue May 29, 2007 1:18 am

Hi Vivek,

Namaskar. Thanks for the Stotra.  The link that you provided for the mp3 audio requires a user name and password for access. While I do read Devnagiri script (I haven't studied Sanskrit), it would be useful for me to hear the correct pronunciation. Thanks.

Pittuchen

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 29, 2007 3:47 pm

Pittuchen wrote:Hi Vivek,

Namaskar. Thanks for the Stotra.  The link that you provided for the mp3 audio requires a user name and password for access. While I do read Devnagiri script (I haven't studied Sanskrit), it would be useful for me to hear the correct pronunciation. Thanks.

Pittuchen
Hi! Pittuchen,
I some how forgot (Ketu with Moon in 12th house)that you have to mail here:seva@vi1.org
with a request for the username and pw
after which you will receive it from them in the reply.
It is the wish of Guruji Srila Amritananda, whose kindess is expressed in the form of the audio of Chakshusmati vidya.

We will try to upload an audio of the same from other source (hopefully soon).

Thank you for asking clarification.

vivek

Pittuchen

Post by Pittuchen » Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 am

Vivek-ji,

Thank you very much for the info. I have sent an e-mail for the username and PW.

Best regards

Pittuchen

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Vedic Astrlogy lesson - First lesson

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 31, 2007 9:22 am

Krishna pingaakshaya hum.
                       Shri Gurubhyo namah.
Namaskaar Learners.
We have decided to start the classes in Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) for all those - who want to learn this wonderful medium to understand life a little better, to be of help to others in their period of darkness and to be able to light a small lamp of hope and aspirations in their heart. This indeed is the aim of Jyotish.
To show the Jyoti (Lamp) of Isha (God) glowing on the path towards ‘THE GOAL OF ALL LIFE’ is the purpose behind this venture.

Let us be clear on one issue. We are also Students like you, could be a bit more advanced that’s all.
A high school student can always teach alphabets to kindergarten children, that doesn’t make him a master. The same is the situation here. Our aim is to make your learning process as simple as possible and because we are all students we can empathize with each other.
The format will be simple. Lessons will be posted once a week/fortnight and then that lesson can be discussed, doubts cleared, misconceptions and misunderstanding erased.
Stress will be on the basics with the question ‘why?’ always leading us. It will be very broad based (which some may feel unessential) and we will try to show the uses of each of the principles for prediction purpose.
We hope that at the end of it all we would have learnt the language required to understand and discuss Jyotish not only amongst ourselves but also in front of any distinguished forum of Jyotish and not be found wanting.
Also to be able to gauge and judge a horoscope correctly and be able to foretell the future trends as well as the past errors of the person who has come to us for guidance and show him a way out of the present predicament and instill hope.
For us personally it will be the satisfaction of having guided a person towards better understanding and learning something more of this game plan called ‘LIFE’ and in the process gain better understanding of the world and ourselves.
Jyotish instills in us discipline and devotion, if we are able to accept them; this requiring effort from our side. There are certain codes to be followed. Some adjustment in our lifestyle for the better will come automatically.
So let us embark on this journey into Jyotish and   try to become a representative of Sun on this planet, a Jyotishi.
Jyotish is a Vedanga (Limbs of the Vedas) and amongst the limbs it is the Eyes of the Veda purusha (Vedas personified). This shows its importance in understanding and deciphering the Vedas.
At the feet of the ever merciful and ever forgiving my Lord.
Jay Jagannath.

If possible try to answer any or all of the following:
Q1: What is the goal or aim of your life?
Q2: What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?
Q3: What are your experience with Astrology and Astrologers?
Q4: What are the Vedas?

VivekShetty and RishiRahul

Pravin Kumar

Astrology Classes

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:43 am

Rahulji and Vivekji,

I wish to learn Astrology as this will help me reconfirm what I read in Palms and thus help those who seek answers to their vexing questions.

There are 4 Vedas

Rig,Yajur, Atharva and Sam Vedas

In the Vedas everything about Hinduism is written.

My experience with Astrologers is very good.

My Goal in life is to do some good daily along with Daily Routine Work.

Actually I thought Jyotish and Astrology was one and the same.

Awaiting your further material on Astrology

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Astrology Classes

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Pravin Kumar wrote:

Rahulji and Vivekji,

I wish to learn Astrology as this will help me reconfirm what I read in Palms and thus help those who seek answers to their vexing questions.

There are 4 Vedas

Rig,Yajur, Atharva and Sam Vedas

In the Vedas everything about Hinduism is written.

My experience with Astrologers is very good.

My Goal in life is to do some good daily along with Daily Routine Work.

Actually I thought Jyotish and Astrology was one and the same.

Awaiting your further material on Astrology

Pravinji,

Thanks for the inportant question.

Jyotish is the Vedic Astrology/Indian Astrology/Hindu Astrlogy or  to be more precise: Jyotish is the Vedic Approach to  Astrology.

RishiRahul

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:02 pm

To be happy and one with nature.

Q2: What is your motivation for wanting to learn Astrology and in particular Jyotish?
For self discovery

I have been to astrologers and I find it very interesting to learn about yourself.

I'm ignorant here.

MysticCrystal

vivekvshetty

Welcome to Budding Jyotishas.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:08 pm

To all budding Jyotishas Namaskaar,

The first lesson has been posted, It is a short lesson but Important.
We start with a prayer to the destroyer of obstacles and the Patron deity of Jyotish - Lord Ganesha.
Then we bow at the feet of the Guru so that his feet touches our head and we are blessed.
In the end some question has been asked, please try to answer them as it will clarify your motivation for learning Jyotish, to yourself (writing/typing down helps in giving us clarity).
For those who are totally new to this as also to things Indian, please do some search and find out more on the questions asked. We will try to help you in all possible ways.

btw 'Jaya Jagannath means victory to Jagannath (the lord of the cosmos) having his temple at Puri in Orissa (a state in India) but really residing in every heart.

vivek.

vivekvshetty

Almost a week.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Namaskaar All,
It is almost a week since the first lesson was posted and we have only two replies till now.
a class with forty odd learners can do better than this i feel. People may think this lesson to be too short and of not much importance, but its importance will be evident as the course progresses. The information on the Vedas are very relevant in Jyotish for our daily life and its use will be shown later. It is a very important remedial measure  to learn any subject
especially for Jyotish students and Jyotish studies.
Please try to answer a few questions and also ask a few. Interaction amongst us will help everyone to learn more.
Knowingly gaps are kept in this lesson so that you make ask for more clarifications. If you feel some information is incomplete or you are not knowing something, specially people who are not aware of Vedic religion, the deities assosiated etc, like for example someone may not know what or who is Ganesh and why is he the patron deity of Jyotish, only when they ask will we be able to clarify and provide more info. otherwise we will think that everyone knows of these things and proceed further.
There is no teacher student relationship here but only a learner to beginner relationship.

awaiting a barrage of response.

vivek

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:04 pm

My goal is to learn as much as possible and help others understand what I have learned. At some point I would also like to start writing it all down in an orderly fashion.  Right now I have numerous notebooks that I have filled from fleeting thoughts.

Vedic (Jyotish) astrology has always interested me.

I have no real experience with astrology... other then a very small understanding of western astrology. A bit more of Chinese astrology. I have spent most of my time (since I was 16 approx.) with numerology.

This is what I am completely green at and have had to look up. At least you don't have to un-train the wrong stuff that I have (haven't) learned. :)

Delphina

vkram

Learn Vedic Astrology

Post by vkram » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 pm

An excellent introduction !

I must apologise that I could find the time to see it only today. But better late than never.

If any, the introduction is a sure pointer to the quality of the course that is going to unfold.

I am quite happy that I joined this course.  

May God give M/s Rahul and Vivek the longest and healthiest life so that they could serve society more and more !

vkram
Love All Serve All; Help Ever Hurt Never

vkram

Learn Vedi Astrology

Post by vkram » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:26 pm

I find people pouring out questions on dasa etc. at the introductory level. I do not think it is time to ask questions on dasa and all when even the preliminaries of Astrology have not yet been explained and learnt by those who have joined the course.

It will be deviation actually.

Forgive me if I have hurt any one by this posting.  My intention was to impress on people to patiently wait and learn the course from M/s Rahul And Vivek.  They claim that they are also students. That only shows their modesty. They certainly are our gurus !!

Who is not a student? Even Maheswara had to sit before Lord Muruga like a student to know the meaning of Pranava.

vkram
Love All Serve All; Help Ever Hurt Never

vivekvshetty

Mystic crystal's reply.

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi! MysticCrystal,
My comments in green.
mysticcrystal wrote:Q1: What is the goal or aim of your life?
To be happy and one with nature.
To be happy is something for the future, which means you are not happy now. If so then how can you be happy in the future?
Would not the answer sounded more apt if we put it as- totally happy with one's nature.

For self discovery.
What and where is this self that you want to discover?

I have been to astrologers and I find it very interesting to learn about yourself.

I'm ignorant here.
Please try to learn more about the Vedas (pronounced as 'way' and 'thu' as in thus) by your self. we will surely write some more on this later.
MysticCrystal
Nice replies and thank you for it.
vivek.

vivekvshetty

Delphina's reply

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi! Delphina,
Great to have you on the course. I have learnt quiet a few things from you in the numerology forum. see below my reponse in green.
Delphina wrote:Q1: What is the goal or aim of your life?
My goal is to learn as much as possible and help others understand what I have learned. At some point I would also like to start writing it all down in an orderly fashion.  Right now I have numerous notebooks that I have filled from fleeting thoughts.
Great! a bestseller in the making. I hope to get a complimentary copy of it.

Vedic (Jyotish) astrology has always interested me.
That is a good enough reason, but can you elaborate why it attracted your interest? (the least i would expect from a scribe is a one liner)
I have no real experience with astrology... other then a very small understanding of western astrology. A bit more of Chinese astrology. I have spent most of my time (since I was 16 approx.) with numerology.
I know you will be happy to learn that there is Vedic numerology as well and we propose to deal with it in the course.

This is what I am completely green at and have had to look up. At least you don't have to un-train the wrong stuff that I have (haven't) learned. :)
See even my response is green  :smt003  and you are right unlearning something is much more difficult than learning something.
Delphina
Thanks for your replies.
vivek

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”