Lesson 3. Introduction to Raashi (Rashi = Signs).

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:43 pm

jigyasu wrote: kanya is variegated, vrishchika is reddish brown, makar is again variegated,
kumbh is deep-brown in BPHS

here in this section .. kanya is grey, vrshchika is yellow, makar is blue, kumbh is violet.

and saraavali says
"
40-4l. Colours of Rāśis. From Aries onwards the following 12 colours are allotted to the various Rāśis, respectively,
red, white, green, pink, brown, gray, variegated, black, golden, yellow, deep-brown and white. If an idol of the Lord of the Ascendant is made in the colour allotted and is worshipped, the native will destroy his enemies, just as Lord Indra destroyed the demons. "

makar, kumbh and meen are not shades of blue anywhere.

do i have a bad copy?
Namaskaar,
It would be great if it is possible for you to present all the three together in a tabular format and post it. It would be helpful for all learners.
The colors given by us is used specifically in Prashna and for remedial measures.
RishiRahul and vivek.

jigyasu

Post by jigyasu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:32 am

jigyasu wrote: chara rashis = bramha (which is rajasic)
sthir            = shiva     ( tamasic )
dwishbhava = vishnu    (sattvic )

but karka is a chara rashi and is supposed to be sattvic same is the case with 5 simha which is sthir(shiva) and should be tamasic but is sattvic.
kanya is dual but is tamasic
explanations were: surya is a royal planet so is sattvic
but budh is rajasic then why are the rashis ruled by it tamasic?

bramha     shiva      vishnu
---------    -------     --------
chara        sthir       dwishbhaav
rajasic      tamasic    sattvic
1               2             3                
4               5             6                
7               8             9                
10            11           12              

*its not synchronous.
please tell me what is this? why is it like this?
i see that stories are only made to remember the connection.
but its made by rishis so it has to be synchronous.
can u please explain this concept. there has to be something more here.

Radhak

Rashi and body section

Post by Radhak » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:35 am

Namaste

Thanks for your teachings

I m reading by lessons in order, but i m late. Never mind?

About body section and aflictions (ills), when it said stomach region (simha rashi or 5th house) (or anothers regions), this include the organs here, in this case like liver, bowels, kidneys?

If 2 natural malefics aspect a planet in one house, and the dispositor is not strong, the house is afflicted and suffers the region organs?

How to become strong a weak planet?

A planet in the firsts or lasts 3 degrees is sleept. If this in shadbala is strong, how this planet behave? Some way to fortify a planet in this degrees?

Thanks a lot
Have a nice day

Radha Kripa das

Have a nice day

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Rashi and body section

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Radhak wrote:Namaste

Thanks for your teachings

I m reading by lessons in order, but i m late. Never mind?

About body section and aflictions (ills), when it said stomach region (simha rashi or 5th house) (or anothers regions), this include the organs here, in this case like liver, bowels, kidneys?

If 2 natural malefics aspect a planet in one house, and the dispositor is not strong, the house is afflicted and suffers the region organs?

How to become strong a weak planet?

A planet in the firsts or lasts 3 degrees is sleept. If this in shadbala is strong, how this planet behave? Some way to fortify a planet in this degrees?

Thanks a lot
Have a nice day

Radha Kripa das

Have a nice day

Namashkaar Radhakji,

Take your time in while catching up with the previous lessons. We want you all to get enough space while learning.

First look for the affliction to that house by natural malefics, partcularly Saturn or Mars; and its affliction by the yuti or oppossition or aspect ( decreasing importance) by saturn, Mars, the nodes.
Also similar affliction of the lord of the said house (dispositor) is more important than its strength while judging the above.

We will come to balas of planets later. Shadbala could be followed for strength of planets.

We will come to these degree areas,and about fortification later as it is not covered yet.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
I was going through this chapter once again like my habbit of re-doing things :-) ...
Moreover at the same time i was going through few predictions of KN Rao ji.
I realised something.

Won't it be better if you add few characteristics point about different raashis becasue what you have mentioned is mainly about what they symbolized and theirn lordship and their properties but characteristics(what i mean by this is :- Characteristics of a human brain and their behavioural pattern).That will help us correlate placement of a planet in particular raashi and their behaviour much better.Coz from beginners point of view who doesnt know much about raashis this list may not make him/her understand much.

I think i did mention about this before some where in learning forum itself.let me put this with an example.
Mesha: is symbolized by a ram. It indicates hills and places having mineral wealth and precious stones. It is ruled by Mangal.

Not many can make out of property of Mesha raashi from this single line.Though we can try to get something out of it but i think it wont be very exhaustive.

Like what i can make out of it(leme tell before you ask ;-) ):- Unidirectional person with force coz of single direction thus may lack growth in different areas(as ram runs in one direction and hits)Can be emotionlly de-atached(hills)but this may not show up on his/her face thus he wont be impassive in expression (precious stones).Thus can be artificial.

Thats all..So  can u please put little more about how we can relate raashi s with human characteristics.just an advise

Thanking You,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:56 am

Namaskaar Raman ji,
We had already thought about it but decided against it for the following reasons.
There are n number of books giving this info and they are easily available.
Most of us got attracted to jyotish via these and already are aware of it.
These charecteristics are very general in nture and is not really useful to give good and helpful predictions.
We have already tried to give one of the reasoning behind the charecteristics given to various raashis but most of the learners did not see the importance of it.
Most of the times raashis act as the background or the place for an event and the Grahas are the people involved.

we hope you understand and empathise with our decesion.

RishiRahul and vivek.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 am

Dear Vivek ji,
Thank youf for replying...

It seems both of you r not very happy with us :-( .It is not a very nice thing to know from a student point of view that our guides r not happy with our performance.May be some of us r too novice to understand everything taught by you.

Now about the topic.I really understand and empathise with our decision.Thank you for making me understand this.Actually i realised this while i was going thru one of the readings given by KN Rao ji where he mentioned how placement of a particular planet(i think it was saturn)lord of "so n so" house in Meena raashi makes the person of artistic nature coz of artisitc nature of Meena Raashi.
This strikes me to learn more about basic qualities/characteristics of different raashis.
But thank you for making me understand this.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
Dont you think K n Rao ji gave the particular result based on the Tatwa of Meena (Jala is creativity) and also because Shukra gets Uccha (exalted) in it?
As for us not being happy with learners here, that is not the case. though we pine for more interaction with them.

RishiRahul and vivek.  

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji,
Thank youf for replying...

It seems both of you r not very happy with us :-( .It is not a very nice thing to know from a student point of view that our guides r not happy with our performance.May be some of us r too novice to understand everything taught by you.

Now about the topic.I really understand and empathise with our decision.Thank you for making me understand this.Actually i realised this while i was going thru one of the readings given by KN Rao ji where he mentioned how placement of a particular planet(i think it was saturn)lord of "so n so" house in Meena raashi makes the person of artistic nature coz of artisitc nature of Meena Raashi.
This strikes me to learn more about basic qualities/characteristics of different raashis.
But thank you for making me understand this.

Regards,
Raman

deepakosho

External and internal organ

Post by deepakosho » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Dear RishiRahulji and Vivekji,

Can you please post a table of internal organs associated with bhavas.

External Organs,

1st Rashi Aries - Head,
2nd - Neck,
3rd - Arms,
4th - Chest,
5th - Stomach,
6th - Lower Abdomen,
7th - Procreation Parts (Testicles and ovaries),
8th - Anus and Penis,
9th - Lap area,
10th - Knee and Back,
11th - Legs,
12th - Feet,

Can you also explain about Drekkanas?

Om Tat Sat
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Re: External and internal organ

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:04 am

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
If you understand the difference between the words Raashi and Bhaava you will also have the answer to your question.
Remember that Mesha is the natural Lagna and Lagna is personal Mesha.
Rishirahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:Dear RishiRahulji and Vivekji,

Can you please post a table of internal organs associated with bhavas.

External Organs,

1st Rashi Aries - Head,
2nd - Neck,
3rd - Arms,
4th - Chest,
5th - Stomach,
6th - Lower Abdomen,
7th - Procreation Parts (Testicles and ovaries),
8th - Anus and Penis,
9th - Lap area,
10th - Knee and Back,
11th - Legs,
12th - Feet,

Can you also explain about Drekkanas?

Om Tat Sat
Deepak

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:If you understand the difference between the words Raashi and Bhaava you will also have the answer to your question.
Rishirahul and vivek.
Vivekji,

In one of the astrological articles it was mentioned that the natural zodiac matters to a person in an external way.

May be I have misinterpreted the article. Going to the article...

The article explains that the natural zodiac (starting with Aries) shows the external body parts where as the bhava (from the lagna) shows the internal body parts. So as an example - malefics on fourth house (cancer) may show scars on the chest whereas malefics on the fourth bhava may mean problem with heart. Ofcourse there was also mention of Drekkanas to find the exact portion of the body (1st, 2nd and 3rd drekkanas).

On the same lines, Isn't it true that 10th bhava ( depending on the Rasi it falls under) may decide the job environment. Sagitarius might mean job in dharmic places, Aries may mean firey places etc. Isn't it true.

Om Tat Sat.

- Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 am

namaskaar Deepak ji,
You are getting close.
Drekkanas qwe will deal in the Amsha kundali lessons. Then there are the Nakshatra purusha division of body parts also Kauluka (D - 6).
Remember that the 10th Bhaava in D-1 shows the attitude of the Native towards work. The surrounding liked by the person in professional matters.
RishiRahul and vivek

deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:If you understand the difference between the words Raashi and Bhaava you will also have the answer to your question.
Rishirahul and vivek.
Vivekji,

In one of the astrological articles it was mentioned that the natural zodiac matters to a person in an external way.

May be I have misinterpreted the article. Going to the article...

The article explains that the natural zodiac (starting with Aries) shows the external body parts where as the bhava (from the lagna) shows the internal body parts. So as an example - malefics on fourth house (cancer) may show scars on the chest whereas malefics on the fourth bhava may mean problem with heart. Ofcourse there was also mention of Drekkanas to find the exact portion of the body (1st, 2nd and 3rd drekkanas).

On the same lines, Isn't it true that 10th bhava ( depending on the Rasi it falls under) may decide the job environment. Sagitarius might mean job in dharmic places, Aries may mean firey places etc. Isn't it true.

Om Tat Sat.

- Deepak

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:namaskaar Deepak ji,
Drekkanas qwe will deal in the Amsha kundali lessons. Then there are the Nakshatra purusha division of body parts also Kauluka (D - 6).
Remember that the 10th Bhaava in D-1 shows the attitude of the Native towards work. The surrounding liked by the person in professional matters.
Thanks Vivek ji,

Are the following correct?

6th bhava in D1 shows over all physical experience due to obstacles

6th bhava in D6 shows obstacles due to disease
6th bhava in D10 shows the obstacles with respect to work / servants
6th bhava in D12 shows the obstacles with respect to parents

10th bhava in D1 shows overall physical experience with respect to Karma

10th bhava in D10 shows the actual work and Rasi in D10 where the 10th bhava lies decides the actual work environment
10th bhava in D12 shows karma experienced/executed for parents
10th bhava in D24 shows karma in education (e.g., Guru in 10 in D24 may mean the person may be a good teacher)

Similarly,
7th bhava in D1 shows over all social interaction experienced physically

7th bhava in D10 shows the interaction at work
7th bhava in D3 shows the interaction with siblings
7th bhava in D12 shows the interaction with parents
so on and so forth

And ofcourse these are sathya, the maya is looked from Arudha pada and arudhas.

Om Tat Sat
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
deepakosho wrote: Thanks Vivek ji,

Are the following correct?

6th bhava in D1 shows over all physical experience due to obstacles
6th Bhaava in D-1 shows your Bhaavana w.r.t enemies (in all forms), servants, pets and bad habits (your real enemies).

6th bhava in D6 shows obstacles due to disease
We know very little of D-6 to comment.
6th bhava in D10 shows the obstacles with respect to work / servants
6th in D-10 shows service.
6th bhava in D12 shows the obstacles with respect to parents
6th here may show the fathers profession.

10th bhava in D1 shows overall physical experience with respect to Karma

10th bhava in D10 shows the actual work and Rasi in D10 where the 10th bhava lies decides the actual work environment
10th bhava in D12 shows karma experienced/executed for parents
You maybe correct here as the 10th is Maaraka to 9th and the person has to perform karma for the parent.
10th bhava in D24 shows karma in education (e.g., Guru in 10 in D24 may mean the person may be a good teacher)
The way we were taught - 10th is the Maaraka for 9th (college education).

Similarly,
7th bhava in D1 shows over all social interaction experienced physically
Yes! this is deep, that is why it is also a Satya Peetha.

7th bhava in D10 shows the interaction at work
Business
7th bhava in D3 shows the interaction with siblings
not sure
7th bhava in D12 shows the interaction with parents
so on and so forth
not sure
And ofcourse these are sathya, the maya is looked from Arudha pada and arudhas.

Om Tat Sat
Deepak
RishiRahul and vivek.

Krishnakumar M R

Re: Lesson 3. Introduction to Raashi (Rashi = Signs).

Post by Krishnakumar M R » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 am

Respected Guruji (s),

Please find my answers below :
vivekvshetty wrote:Introduction to Raashi.
Q1: What does the word Vishnu mean?

Protector... Undefeatable...

Q2: Which story in Hindu mythology depicts these three steps?

Sanaatan dharma or eternal righteousness - Rig Veda.

And also it reminds Vaamana Avtar of Sri Vishnu and the Great Mahabali Chakravarthi where in Vishnu kept his third feet on Mahabali chakravarthis head.

Q3: Is the day and night really equal on the day of equinox? Why is it so?

Yes. When the sun is exactly at the center of bot the north and south point, the day and night were equal length.
Krishna

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”