Lesson 6. Kaaraka (Significator).

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
Our comments below in green.
deepakosho wrote:Vivekji and Rahulji,

Thanks for the reply. Going to the post,
vivekvshetty wrote:This shows the circumstances of meeting the spouse. Shri Raama is said to have won a competition and won it to be able to marry Siitaa maataa. Does this chart show this?
I knew that Mercury signifies sports and competition. And the event makes sense. But what ensured Sri Rama's success (Is it due to exalted Venus)?
What about the third Bhaava? Kanya raashi? Budha in the 11th? in vrishabha?Did they not get married due to Laxman?
vivekvshetty wrote:Shukra is exalted in Meena in the ninth Bhaava (dharma). Raahu and Ketu cause Argala and virodha Argala respectively both are strong and so it is a tie. Does this cause bhandana yogaa?
Wow.. this explains why Sri Rama's marriage went on and off. Looks like Ketu finally won.
Dont forget the retrograde seventh lord.

I would like to dive into Sri Rama Dharma
------------------------------------------

Dharma Karaka: Jupiter

Exalted Jupiter in the Tanu Bhava:
Dharma is the prime motive in his life.

Exalted Venus in Dharma bhava:
a) He executed his dharma very happily (even when he had to undergo physical suffering of vanvas and mental suffering of Sita seperation). His exalted dharma bhavesh should have helped him keep his focus on dharma.
b) He created a new marriage dharma (eka patni vratha). ( I read this point from one of the astrology articles.)

Dharma bhavesh:
His Dharma bhavesh is also the dharma Karaka and Jupiter is exalted. He is very very happy executing his dharma.

Dharma is where his body is (bhavesh in lagna), Dharma is where his mind is (Jupiter with moon).

Dhristis
--------

Mars's 7th dhristi on Jupiter --> This should have given his desire on Veer Dharma.
Saturn's 10th dhristi on Jupiter -->

Saturn being Sorrow inflictor, Inflicts lot of sorrow on Rama's Dharma in terms of seperation from kingdom, seperation from wife.
Saturn (Sri Rama's wife - being his Marriage bhavesh) also has desire on Sri Rama's Dharma. And being exalted state, she is very happy on helping with his Dharma (even when seperated).

Question: Can I relate the bhavesh with the person? For e.g.) For Cancer Lagna - Saturn becomes the bhavesh, For Virgo - Jupiter becomes bhavesh, etc. In this regard can I call Sri Rama's wife Saturn? Please forgive me if this assumption is foolish.

Argala
-------

I didn't continue because I had a big doubt on Argala (I will go to the argala post and read it) but can you briefly tell me if the following points makes sense,
We can look at argala on dharma bhava (which will indicate the influence on his dharma)
We can look at argala on dharma bhavesh (which will indicate his physical experience with dharma)
We can look at argala on dharma Karaka (which will indicate his Mental experience with dharma)

I read somewhere that argala is only physical, so should I look at argala only on bhavesh? Please enlighten.
Initially see Argalas on to the Bhaava. Later when you are in better understanding of the concept of Argalas you will know where else it is applicable.

I will attempt Sri Rama's Karma in the next Post.

Om Tat Sat
Deepak

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Dear Vivekji,

I have couple of questions.
vivekvshetty wrote: What about the third Bhaava? Kanya raashi? Budha in the 11th? in vrishabha?Did they not get married due to Laxman?
Kanya being Mercury's house shows competition. That I understood.

Mercury signifies Laxman being third lord. [Question 1:] But how does mercury in 11th house signify his involvement in the swayavar?

I tried to read the swamyar part of ramayan again. Laxman sure has part in the Swaywar but Vishwamitra has a bigger role. Wasn't it Vishwamitra who took Sri Rama to the swayamvar?  Shouldn't there be a jupiter's part in the ceremony?
(jupiter being 9th lord + naiskargika lord for guru - after all Vishwamitra is Sri Rama's another big guru after Vashist)

By the story I know his guru is involved but how is he involved in the swayamvar?

So I thought about it (trying hard not to make foolish assumptions  :) )... Jupiter has dhristi on 7th (Marriage) and 9th (on Marriage Karaka). So his Guru has desire on Sri Rama getting married. [Question 2:] But how do I derive his involvment in the swayamvar which is 7th from Karaka? Is it because of the 11th house argala on Virgo?

Please enlighten.

Om Tat Sat.
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm

deepakosho wrote:Dear Vivekji,

I have couple of questions.
vivekvshetty wrote: What about the third Bhaava? Kanya raashi? Budha in the 11th? in vrishabha?Did they not get married due to Laxman?
Kanya being Mercury's house shows competition. That I understood.

Mercury signifies Laxman being third lord. [Question 1:] But how does mercury in 11th house signify his involvement in the swayavar?
This Bhaava is the Bhaadhaka (we will deal with this subsequently).

I tried to read the swamyar part of ramayan again. Laxman sure has part in the Swaywar but Vishwamitra has a bigger role. Wasn't it Vishwamitra who took Sri Rama to the swayamvar?  Shouldn't there be a jupiter's part in the ceremony?
(jupiter being 9th lord + naiskargika lord for guru - after all Vishwamitra is Sri Rama's another big guru after Vashist)

By the story I know his guru is involved but how is he involved in the swayamvar?

So I thought about it (trying hard not to make foolish assumptions  :) )... Jupiter has dhristi on 7th (Marriage) and 9th (on Marriage Karaka). So his Guru has desire on Sri Rama getting married. [Question 2:] But how do I derive his involvment in the swayamvar which is 7th from Karaka? Is it because of the 11th house argala on Virgo?

Please enlighten.
The third bhaava has a great connection to Guru. It is called the Deeksha Bhaava.

Om Tat Sat.
Deepak
RishiRAhul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Since there is discussion on AK in another lesson would also like to know why it is said that the malefics graha tends the person to spiritual or we can say good way i mean since the particular planet represents Atma it should have the qualities of that particular planet then why the concept of vice versa

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:14 am

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Since there is discussion on AK in another lesson would also like to know why it is said that the malefics graha tends the person to spiritual or we can say good way i mean since the particular planet represents Atma it should have the qualities of that particular planet then why the concept of vice versa

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Gaonkarswapnil ji,

Before we talk about this, I am sure we should understand what you mean by 'spiritual'?

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 am

RishiRahul wrote:

Regards

Swapnil

Before we talk about this, I am sure we should understand what you mean by 'spiritual'?

vivek and RishiRahul
Dear Rishi ji

For me spritualism is just like a god fearing or who lite a lamp every day for a god

May be i am still a nugget in this subject i was just trying to understand why the things are vice versa in this case

As far as my thinking i can only relate sprit and atma are similar things

Regards

Swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Regards

Swapnil

vivek and RishiRahul
Dear Rishi ji

For me spritualism is just like a god fearing or who lite a lamp every day for a god

May be i am still a nugget in this subject i was just trying to understand why the things are vice versa in this case

As far as my thinking i can only relate sprit and atma are similar things

Regards

Swapnil

Namshakkar Gaonkarswapnilji,

Good try.

But a spiritual person may not directly believe in God. One need not have to belief in God to be spiritual.

In any case, the atmakaraka as malefic may or may not mean that sort f spiritually mentioned by you

In simpler terms, for your understanding, it means a harder Karmik lesson/burden during this lifetime, than when it is a benefic.

Also wouldn't it be good looking up some writings on spirituality.. may be google it too.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:04 am

Dear Vivek ji

With reference to visti ji article on karaka it is said that 7th from venus show person comming to mana so can we also deduce that 6th from mars shows enemies comming to our mana i mean for eg. mars in 10th then enemies are co born as 3rd is 6th from 10th

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:50 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Mangal is the Kaaraka for enemies?
Here we are looking at the natural kaarakas and we have to first understand if enmity is a natural thing.
RishiRahul and vivek.

With reference to visti ji article on karaka it is said that 7th from venus show person comming to mana so can we also deduce that 6th from mars shows enemies comming to our mana i mean for eg. mars in 10th then enemies are co born as 3rd is 6th from 10th

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Mangal is karaka for co borns but i was trying to apply it in other way as it is also a fighter or said like a sena pati

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Swapnil ji,
I thought to get in so that i may be helpful, I'm sure Vivek ji would not mind it :)  .

Mars is natural karaka of 3rd house. As it represents almost everything primarily related to Mars. Courage , bravery, Coborns and physical mean of Sex (as it is one of the kama trikonas).This is in short

Regards,
Raman

Mangal is karaka for co borns but i was trying to apply it in other way as it is also a fighter or said like a sena pati

Regards

Swapnil
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

priyesh

grahas through which karakas operate

Post by priyesh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

I have a query regarding the practical usage of karakas.I have read that the respective bhava lord ,from the karaka is responsible for bringing the concerned person into our life.for eg: 7th lord from shukra brings spouse.9th lord from guru brings guru etc.what is the logic behind this principle? suppose there are any grahas in the respective bhava for eg: planets in 7th house from shukra,then still the 7th lord will bring the spouse or the planets in the 7th bhava?
Also i read that the bhava lord placement in the rashi decides the direction from where the concerned person will come.

please comment

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 pm

also could you throw some light on the "duty sense" of the planets  with its dignity for eg: any planet in moolatrikona is duty bound to the core but what about exaltation,swakshetra , friendly signs,shatru signs and debility.

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Re: grahas through which karakas operate

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
This is a bit advanced stuff.
This is used practically to tell someone who is having delay in getting married, to go and look for the spouse at the places indicated in the chart.
Usually marriage doesnt come about because of wrong time and wrong place.
Secondly it is also used in matching charts for marriage.  both the horoscopes should show the same meeting place.
Thus there are practical uses to this knowledge.

Regards your last question, yes the lord is given more weight.

RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

I have a query regarding the practical usage of karakas.I have read that the respective bhava lord ,from the karaka is responsible for bringing the concerned person into our life.for eg: 7th lord from shukra brings spouse.9th lord from guru brings guru etc.what is the logic behind this principle? suppose there are any grahas in the respective bhava for eg: planets in 7th house from shukra,then still the 7th lord will bring the spouse or the planets in the 7th bhava?
Also i read that the bhava lord placement in the rashi decides the direction from where the concerned person will come.

please comment

priyesh

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,
This is used practically to tell someone who is having delay in getting married, to go and look for the spouse at the places indicated in the chart
Which of the following would be a correct approach?

1. Search in the direction indicated by the sign where the Bhava lord is placed(e.g, Mesh - East, Tula - West...)
2. Search in direction represented by Bhava where the Bhava lord is placed (Lagna - East, 7th- West...)
3. Search in type of places indicated by the sign where Bhava lord is placed (eg., Dhanur- War fields, armament related...)

CRS
CRS

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”