Lesson 8--THE NAKSHATRAS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Dear deepakosho ji

As a learner would like to more in detail about nakshatra

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Swapnilji,

Let me share what I have learned,

Anything and everything starts from Father and Mother. Here Sun is our Father, Moon is our mother.

Sun stands for creation (12 Rasi's)
Moon stands for sustenance (27/28 nakshatras)

Its our mother who sustains and looks after us. Hence Nakshatra is very important in this respect. My understanding is, this is why nakshatra has a say in longevity. Interestingly, most of the time we interact directly with our mother and she communicates it to Father. The same analogy can be extended here in jyotish.

Coming back to Nakshatras,

The Karma carried by the soul is shown from Rasi (Sun, Soul, Sathya) but the influence on the self/body is seen from Nakshatra (Moon, Mind, Maaya). Lagna Nakshatra is the sathya and AL Nakshatra is the maaya.

[I think Moon is Significator for Arudhas because Moon is Maaya similar to Arudha which is also Maaya.]

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak
I am also a student and some of my understanding could be wrong, so please accept a point only if it makes sense to you.
Last edited by deepakosho on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks Deepakji. Really appreciate the readyness that you show in sharing your knowledge.

Still had some queries. Hope you dont mind. I am just stating my understanding which may be wrong and would appreciate correction.
Nakshatra of other planets will have influence on the karakatava of the planet.
Is it just on karakatwa or also on their other roles due to their house ownership, presence and aspects?
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa has Moon in Poorvabadra 1st pada, Lagna is Satabhisa 1st pada, Ketu is in 4th Vishaka

Moon - Satvic Graha
Poorvabadra - Rajasic Nakshatra (Poorvabadra by nature gives fire to rise up spiritually. So here Rajasic guna is on a spiritual quest.)
1st Pada - Dharma ayana
When I checked up, apart from Purvabhadra Pushyami and Chitra are the other two associated with spirituality. While Purvabhadra is Rajasik the other two are Tamsik. I am confused why Satwa is not associated with even one.

I am also curious to know whether the Nakshatra characteristics have any effect on the results of Moon on the house it owns and house where it is placed.This question applies to Ketu example too.
Lagna is Rajasik by nature (I am considering Lagna to be Rajasik)
Satabhisa is Satvic Nakshatra
1st Pada - Dharma ayana
Going by description of Satabhisha I would have expected service apecially by healing as the theme specially to burn out karmic debts. While this may lead to moksha, I would have thought the emphasis is on karma and not the result of it.
Ketu - Tamasik (Significance is Moksha)
Vishaka - Rajas
4th Pada - Moksha Ayana

Here his Moksha Karaka is in a Rajasic nakshatra and is focussed on Moksha. (they say wishing for anything (even moksha) is Rajasik )
The description of Visakha looks more materialistic than spiritual (unless we interpret "long term results" as spiritual ignoring the references to rain/agriculture...). I am able to relate it to the possibility of working with devotion in agri fields and move towards moksha. Is this related to Ramakrishnaji's life?

CRS

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:37 pm

CRSji,

My knowledge is mostly theoretical right now and example I gave with Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was completely my analogy. Let me try to justify certain points I wrote,

The outcome of Graha and Nakshatra (based on guna) is like this,

Satwic + Satwic = Satwic
Tamasic + Tamasic = Tamasic
Rajasic + Rajasic = Rajasic

This we are clear of. But when it comes to mixed influences, it is not necessarily bad.

As a example, if there is Rajasic + Tamasic influence, initially the graha may make a person involve in materialistic activities but the Tamasic nakshatra influence will cause dissatisfaction.

On a postive front this may take the person to take up satwic principles.
On a negative fron it may also lead to dissatisfaction and anger and frustration.

It also depends on Graha and Nakshatras inherent nature.

Vivekji/Rahulji and other learned friends,
Does this makes sense? I am open to comments/feedbacks.

Om Tat Sat
Deepak

vivekvshetty

NavaTaaraas.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:53 pm

The Navataaraa Chakra.
Nava means nine, taaraa means Nakshatra, Chakra means a wheel here it means a cycle.
In this scheme the twenty seven nakshatras, starting either from the Lagna or Chandra are divided into three groups. Each group consists of nine Nakshatras.
If the Nakshatras are divided into groups starting from the lagna then it is called Lagna Navataaraa chakra.
If the Chandra’s Nakshatra is the Starting point then it is called as the Janma Navataaraa Chakra.
From either Lagna or Chandra the 1st, 10th and the 19th are called Janma (birth) nakshatras.
The 2nd, 11th and 20th are called Sampatq (prosperous possessions) Nakshatras.
The 3rd, 12th and 21st are called Vipata (misfortune) nakshatras.
The 4th, 13th and 22nd are called kshema (safe, secure) nakshatras.
The 5th, 14th and 23rd are called Pratyari (inimical) nakshatra.
The 6th, 15th and 24th are called saadhaka (accomplished) nakshatra.
The 7th, 16th and 25th are called the vadha (inflictor) nakshatra. Some call it as Naidhaana.
The 8th, 17th and 26th are called the Mitra (friend) nakshatra.
The 9th, 18th and 27th are called the Atimitra (fast friend) nakshatra.
 Example chart:
Mahatma Gandhi.
Navataara from Lagna. Janma Lagna in Chitra nakshatra.
Tara (Lagna) Meaning        Nakshatra 1  Nakshatra 2    Nakshatra 3
Janma             Birth              Chitra             Dhanistha       Mrigashira
Sampat           Wealth          Swaati            Shatabhisa     Aardra
Vipat               Danger          Vishakhaa      P.Bhaadra       Punarvasu
Kshema          Well-being     Anuraadha    U.Bhaadra       Pushya
Pratyak          Obstacles      Jyestha           Revati             Asreshaa
Saadhaka      Achievement  Moola            Aswini             Magh
Naidhana      Death              P.Ashaadha    Bharani          P.Phaalguni
Mitra              Friend             U.Ashaadha   Krittika           U.Phaalguni
Param Mitra Good friend    Sravana           Rohini            Hasta

The lordships of the nakshatras are taken as per the Vimshottari scheme. This is already given in the lesson. The Grahas governing the bad nakshatras in this scheme are not beneficial and even if beneficial otherwise it would surely show the effects of lordship of the nakshatra also.
This is also used in the Vimshottari Dashaa. We will discuss this when we come to the lesson on Dashaas.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT USE OF THIS CHAKRA IS TO JUDGE THE INTERPLAY OF RELATIONSHIPS.
This chakra is useful to judge the relationship between child/parent and amongst sibling. It may also be extended to see other relationships. Specially amongst family members.
When both Belon to the janma Nakshatra: It is not good relationship and shows danger due to Eka Nakshatra Dosha. This requires remedial measures.
When a child is born in Sampat Nakshatra to a parent / sibling, then the child is said to be auspicious to the parent / sibling.
We want the learners to list out the effect of birth in other Navataaraa nakshatras.
Thus we judge the results from the navataara chakra. Indeed it is an important tool if used wisely as is the case with all Jyotish tools.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Example.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Namaskaar all,
An example will make things clearer.
Take the case of a native born in Anuraadhaa Nakshatra.
She/he has two kids and both were born in Sravana nakshatra. Though technically one child is born in Abhijeet nakshatra, but in navataara scheme we take only 27 nakshatras and hence Abhijeet is not counted.
On counting from Anuraadha to Sravana we get 6 nakshatras (both inclusive). The sixth, fifteenth and twenty fourth star are the Saadhaka Nakshatras. Hence we may infer that the Children will prove fortunate to the native.
The spouse of the native is born in Aardra, which is the seveteenth from Anuraadhaa. Hence this is a Mitra nakshatra and will be very friendly to the native.
this is one part, but we also have to see the navataara nakshatras of the children and spouse to the natives nakshatara to get a clearer picture of the dynamics of the relationships. This we want the learners to do for us.

RishiRahul and vivek.

Acubens

Re: Lesson 8--THE NAKSHATRAS

Post by Acubens » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
28 Nakshatras
Used in the Kalachakra and Sarvatobhadra Chakra besides many other nakshatra dasa.
Respected "RishiRahul", I want in this theme or new to learn to understand better Sarvatobhadra Chakra.
I know the general principles, but it would be desirable to go deep into this wisdom more.

You have an experience in Sarvatobhadra Chakra?
Last edited by Acubens on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

Namashkaar Acubens ji,

Sarvatobhadra Chakra is a detailed method of narrating mainly planetary transits, and takes into consideration almost all factors in Vedic atrology.

We will give introduce it at a much later stage of our Learning. Please bear with us.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Acubens

Post by Acubens » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks.
I will wait.

While I as study Sarvatobhadra Chakra here:

http://www.vedic-astrology.ru/forum/ind ... entry11097

Acubens

Post by Acubens » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Very much I hope, that we can soon understand Sarvatobhadra Chakra.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”