Lesson 9 - Drishti or Aspects

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
our comments below.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,
The aspects of the Grahas are good or bad depending on their inherent nature. Drishti of natural benefics (Subha Grahas) are beneficial as they have good sight. Natural Malefics possess bad sight
Doe this mean Shani's drishti for Vrishabh/Tula and Ma drishti for Karka/Simha is malefic?
Shani is a naisargika Paapa Graha and its Sight will also be Paapa. When reading a chart we have to keep in mind both the Naisargika (natural) as well as the Taatkaalika (functional) nature of a Graha.

Also is the baava where they are placed has any effect on the nature of drsihti? E.g, is Shani's drishti from 6/8/12th house any different from its placement in 5/9th?
At the present level of my (vivek) understanding, i dont think it does.

Do these apply to both Rasi and Graha Drishtis?
It does to both but with a difference.

CRS
Rishirahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,
Shani is a naisargika Paapa Graha and its Sight will also be Paapa. When reading a chart we have to keep in mind both the Naisargika (natural) as well as the Taatkaalika (functional) nature of a Graha.
Will be grateful if you can explain with an example (say Mahatmaji's chart 02OCT1869 07:20 am 69E49 21N37) or any other that you may have. I basically want to understand the effects of Drishti of Shani (natural malefic+functional benefic) in respect of:

1. Karakaas and their karakatwa (diff if any based on freindship/enmity)
2. Rasi Drishti on Good Bhavaas (diff if any based on freindship/enmity)
3. Rasi Drishti on Evil/bad Bhavaas (diff if any based on freindship/enmity)
4. Graha Drishti on planets (diff if any based on freindship/enmity)
5. Differences if any in Rasi Drishti on its own houses and Graha Drishties on planets in Shani's own house.

CRS
CRS

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 am

Rahulji/Vivekji,
I was wondering if the first diagram on Rashi Drishti in the first post should be as below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
You are right. There are errors in the diagram and you have pointed it out correctly.
So much for our oversight and also so much for the oversight of other learners.
A huge Thank you. and we will correct it.

RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Rahulji/Vivekji,
I was wondering if the first diagram on Rashi Drishti in the first post should be as below:

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 am

Vivekji,
actually I thank almighty for giving me the opportunity to meet you two wonderful & gracious teachers who are giving us such lucid lessons.

vsprobo

Aspect of Functional Malefics

Post by vsprobo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:37 am

I would like to know the nature of aspect of NB and FM planet like Jupiter?
E.g., for Libra Ascendent Jupiter is Natural Benefic and Functional Malefic as lord of 3rd 6th bhavaas. let us assume that he is positioned in scorpio then the aspects on Aquarious(5th),Aries(7th),Gemini(9th) to be taken as benefic aspects of Jupiter or Malefic aspects of 6th lord.
thanks and regards
Srinivas

vsprobo

Aspect of Natural Malefic and Functional Benefic

Post by vsprobo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:06 am

Also I would like to know the nature of (Benefic/Malefic) aspects of Saturn (NM and FB) for Cancer Lagna. i.e should we consider 3rd,7th,10th aspects as Malefic as Saturn is NM (or) the aspects as Benefic ones as Saturn is yogakaraka for Cancer Lagna?

Also with reference to Lord Sri Rama Horoscope Saturn is exalted in Libra. so the Bhavaas 6th(due to 3rd Aspect),10th(due to 7th Aspect) and Lagna(due to 10th aspect) recieved Positive influence as yogakaraka aspect (or) negative influence as exalted Natural Malefic Saturn. Kindly explain these.

thanks & regards,
Srinivas

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”