Lesson 10- Benefics and Malefics (Functional and Natural)

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Though I did not miss it, possibly I have not understood it fully.

My understanding is that yogakaraka reverses the bad effect if placed in 6/8/12.

What I could not however understand was how it does not produce good results for Mithun and Kanya where it owns a trine as well as a dusthana. Dusthana lord in Dusthana should also produce vipareeta yoga.

Also do Mangal and Shukra produce similar results for Dhanu/Meena and Mithun/Kanya respectively if they are placed in 6/8/12?

CRS
CRS

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 am

Vivkeji/ Rahulji

Below the table of benefics/malefics based on ascendants from the website of JP Sandhuji.

What I am confused about is Moon as benefic for Leo Ascendant(12th lord)
and malefic for Libra Ascendant(10th lord).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 am

Well, he has since posted another table in his blogspot.  But moon is still malefic(maraka) for Libra ascendant.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
Knowing Sandhu ji, he must have had a very good reasoning for it. It is better if the question was posed to him.
This topic of functional effects of Graha is a difficult one. Different opinions are bound to be there.

RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Well, he has since posted another table in his blogspot.  But moon is still malefic(maraka) for Libra ascendant.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”