Lesson 11. Sambandha

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Will look forward to explanations from other students on explanation of "self and truth" and your inputs on the astrological significance.

CRS
CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 am

Dear Vivek ji / Rishi ji

I would like to know a thing as this is a topic on sambandha is the realtion of 6/8 2/12 etc applied to dasha and antardasaha when we interupt for the native that the time be good or not irrespective of there friendship  

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Dashaa interpretations are still to be discussed in this course. But still since you asked we think we have to answer this.
The placement of the Mahaadashaa lord w.r.t the Antar dashaa lord is very important. The interplay of the soul and the mind, if not in synch will spoil the waltz.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji / Rishi ji

I would like to know a thing as this is a topic on sambandha is the realtion of 6/8 2/12 etc applied to dasha and antardasaha when we interupt for the native that the time be good or not irrespective of there friendship  

Regards

Swapnil

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:59 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,
Similarly is graha sambandha due to parivartan between a malefic and a benefic (Sa in Leo and Su in Aq) beneficial for the native? What about other sambandhas between malefics and benefics?
Here the Bhaavas are seen. if both the Bhaavas involved are good (Kendra/trikona) then the parivartana is good or else bad.
Can you please explain this (Su n Aq and Sa in Le) for say Mithuna or Tula ascendant?

Though this lesson is not on Drishti, it would be great if you can also mention the effect of drishti for these two examples.

CRS
CRS

deepakosho

Question on Yuti Sambandha and Vargottama.

Post by deepakosho » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Vivek / Rahul ji,

I have a question on Yuti Sambandha and Vargottama.

Vargottama - If a Graha is in Vargottama then the graha is powerful and the person will carry the special trait as indicated by the Graha.

Yuti Sambandha - When two or more grahas are in Yuti then they will give each others result.

I have a question on these two theories.

What if a graha is in Yuti and also Vargottama in Navaamsa? E.g.) Lets say Saturn is in Yuti with Mercury in Virgo. And Mercury is in Vargottama. Will Mercury have a upper hand in giving its results?

In my chart I have the same situtation

1. Mercury is in Yuti with Saturn and Sun in Virgo
2. Mercury is in Virgo (in more than 4 Divisional charts including Navamsa)

So here due to Yuti Saturn will give results of Mercury and vice versa, but does Mercury is more powerful here?

Regards,
Deepak

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Question on Yuti Sambandha and Vargottama.

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

deepakosho wrote:Vivek / Rahul ji,

I have a question on Yuti Sambandha and Vargottama.

Vargottama - If a Graha is in Vargottama then the graha is powerful and the person will carry the special trait as indicated by the Graha.

vivek and RishiRahul=Vargottama means the same rashi and Navamsha= a confirmation of its state/rashi state.
Additionally Vargottama means 'uttama varga' meaning a varga of qualitative strength.

Yuti Sambandha - When two or more grahas are in Yuti then they will give each others result.

vivek and RishiRahul=The combined result... Panchadamaitra speaks here.

I have a question on these two theories.

What if a graha is in Yuti and also Vargottama in Navaamsa? E.g.) Lets say Saturn is in Yuti with Mercury in Virgo. And Mercury is in Vargottama. Will Mercury have a upper hand in giving its results?

vivek and RishiRahul= The above explanations/concepts given: What would you say?

In my chart I have the same situtation

1. Mercury is in Yuti with Saturn and Sun in Virgo
2. Mercury is in Virgo (in more than 4 Divisional charts including Navamsa)

So here due to Yuti Saturn will give results of Mercury and vice versa, but does Mercury is more powerful here?

vivek and RishiRahul= What would be your concept, and Why?

Regards,
Deepak

vivek and RishiRahul

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 am

"The standard list from the most benefic to the most malefic is-
Guru, Shukra, Strong Chandra, Budha, Weak Chandra, Surya, Ketu, Mangal, Shani and Raahu. "

"In the above chart there is a Yooti Sambandha between Shani, Raahu and Guru. This is a Koota Sanbandha. In this case Raahu being the most malefic will give result of Guru and vice-versa whereas Shani will tend to give its own result. "

If Venus, Mercury, Ketu and Shani or in Koot Sambandha in a Rashi then does it mean that Shani will give results of Venus and Merucyr will give result of Ketus? I am presuming that the standard list is in ascending order of malfic effect.

Self and truth: everyone knows that according to advaita, self(brahman) IS truth(sat). [  Did i completely miss it? :)  ]

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Namaskaar kandhan ji,
Our replies below in Green.
kandhan.t wrote:"The standard list from the most benefic to the most malefic is-
Guru, Shukra, Strong Chandra, Budha, Weak Chandra, Surya, Ketu, Mangal, Shani and Raahu. "

"In the above chart there is a Yooti Sambandha between Shani, Raahu and Guru. This is a Koota Sanbandha. In this case Raahu being the most malefic will give result of Guru and vice-versa whereas Shani will tend to give its own result. "

If Venus, Mercury, Ketu and Shani or in Koot Sambandha in a Rashi then does it mean that Shani will give results of Venus and Merucyr will give result of Ketus? I am presuming that the standard list is in ascending order of malfic effect.
Yes you are right. it is in the ascending order. This means that the pair of Grahas will gives each others effect in their Dashaas.

Self and truth: everyone knows that according to advaita, self(brahman) IS truth(sat). [  Did i completely miss it? :)  ]
In line with your answer we have another question.
What is the self?
Rishirahul and vivek.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Vivekji

You raised this question of lagna,self,satya in the context of bhavat bhavam.  Now, bhava means a state of mind/existence and bhavat bhavam means that state of mind/existence which perpetueates/supports the first one(crudely put).  So can lagna mean the PIVOT of experience, self, individuated existence ,sat(which can again mean existence), the very purpose of this birth, decider of nature of experience of the individual?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
This is the closest reply we got to this question. You have made this course worthwhile.
We will reply again to this mail in a very detailed manner after we gather our thoughts, so as to be coherent.
The line highlighted below is priceless.

Same way can you give your thoughts on why the seventh is also a Satya Peeta.

RishiRahul and vivek
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji

You raised this question of lagna,self,satya in the context of bhavat bhavam.  Now, bhava means a state of mind/existence and bhavat bhavam means that state of mind/existence which perpetueates/supports the first one(crudely put).  So can lagna mean the PIVOT of experience, self, individuated existence ,sat(which can again mean existence), the very purpose of this birth, decider of nature of experience of the individual?

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Vivekji Rahulji,

I thank you for your catechismal encouragement.  I will attempt your next assignment after gaining some depth of understanding on 7th house as satya peeta.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 am

Vivekji,  

As for as I can deduce, seventh house represents the end of ascendant(death).  Birth and death being the two irrefutable truths, lagna and seventh are considered sathya peethas.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:33 am

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
No! we think it is much more deeper than this.
Can the feeling of 'me' exsist without its counterpart the 'not me'?  Seventh is called the doorway to the world, remember.

Rishirahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji,  

As for as I can deduce, seventh house represents the end of ascendant(death).  Birth and death being the two irrefutable truths, lagna and seventh are considered sathya peethas.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:01 am

Dear Vivek ji

Can we say that 7th bhaav from bhaav is satya peeta as it is like person standing right in front of mirror where a person sees same image of self and other than 7th are maaya peeta as it is an image of person projected by others

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
How can a reflection be the 'TRUTH' ?
You are very close, dont give up yet!
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Can we say that 7th bhaav from bhaav is satya peeta as it is like person standing right in front of mirror where a person sees same image of self and other than 7th are maaya peeta as it is an image of person projected by others

Regards

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”