Lesson 11. Sambandha

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:17 am

Dear Vivek Ji,

Are you trying to say about the 4 door example explained by pandit ji where 4th - 10th have low emotion and 7th - 1st have high emotion . Like high and low tides of sea.

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
We did not have any such thing in mind. Please re-read our previous reply.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek Ji,

Are you trying to say about the 4 door example explained by pandit ji where 4th - 10th have low emotion and 7th - 1st have high emotion . Like high and low tides of sea.

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:16 am

Dear Vivek ji

Sorry i bit mixed up with arudha , is it like me and you (1/7) axis, 1st is we and 7th the world (door way)

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Yes! you got it.
The YOu is just as true as the Me. Both are interdependent and cannot exist without the other.
If you really understand this then you have understood LIFE.

RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Sorry i bit mixed up with arudha , is it like me and you (1/7) axis, 1st is we and 7th the world (door way)

Regards

Swapnil

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

Dont know whether i am deviating from the topic but.could you tell what is GRAHA YUDDHA.Does it come under sambandha?

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

Dont know whether i am deviating from the topic but.could you tell what is GRAHA YUDDHA.Does it come under sambandha?

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
Graha yuddha means Planetary war.
when two grahas are in the same raashi and same Longitude, then they are said to be at war with each other. There are different rules for finding out the ultimate winner. there are difference of opinion amongst jyotishas.
I personally take the one more on the north to be the winner, if both are in the north or if one is in the North.
And if both are in the south then the one more to the south is taken to be the winner.
As you see it is the latitude which decides the winner.  

Rishirahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

priyesh

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:26 am

Viveji
Does this apply to all planets or only enemies?  There is also a view that luminaries and nodes need not be considered.  
How will the results be modified? I read somewhere that the losing graha will give results first and the winning graha will give results second.  

"Does it come under sambandha?"  

priyeshji, let me try to answer that a la Vivekji: what do you think?  :)

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,
I personally take the one more on the north to be the winner, if both are in the north or if one is in the North.
And if both are in the south then the one more to the south is taken to be the winner. As you see it is the latitude which decides the winner.  
Will the above rule be reversed if the POB is in southern hemisphere?
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
Yes the nodes and the luminaries are omitted from this.
According to Prof. NE Muthuswamy in his magnum opus - Encyclopedia of Indian Astrology.
"Grahayuddha - planetary fight. in transit when two planets come to the same degree of the arc, it is Graha yuddha. In a Graha yuddhabetween two planets, the fast moving planet is considered victorious and is considered strong. The slow moving planet is considered weak and losing power to confer good results. But Venus is considered always victorious even over a faster planet.............Even if planets are within 5 degrees of each other it is also considered a grahayuddha......"
it is a sambhandha and already mentioned. It is Yuti Sambhandha (conjunction).
RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Viveji
Does this apply to all planets or only enemies?  There is also a view that luminaries and nodes need not be considered.  
How will the results be modified? I read somewhere that the losing graha will give results first and the winning graha will give results second.  

"Does it come under sambandha?"  

priyeshji, let me try to answer that a la Vivekji: what do you think?  :)

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Allow us to expand on the somewhat cryptic reply.
Two Planets (except the Luminaries and the Nodes) when conjoin together (some say within an orb of 5 degrees) then the two grahas are said to be at war against each other.
The winner is deceided by thier Latitude.
- If both are placed in the Northern latitude then the one which is more to the North is considered the winner.
- if on is in the Northern Latitude and the other one is in the southern latitude, then the Graha in the northern latitude is declared the winner.
-If both are to the southern Latitudes then the one which is more to the South is taken to be the winner.

As regards your query for reversal of the rule for birth in the Southern latitude, we dont think there is any such reversal.

RishiRahul and vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,
And if both are in the south then the one more to the south is taken to be the winner. As you see it is the latitude which decides the winner.  
Will the above rule be reversed if the POB is in southern hemisphere?

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”