Lesson 12: Panchaanga.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,
First and foremost the Bhaava where this yuti is formed, suffers. That Bhaava causes some problem and this helps the Jyotish to focus more on the matter related to the Bhaava.
If the Bhaava is a dusthana does this mean the native benefits in respect of the negative significances of the Bhaava?

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
It means that the Jaataka will have bad experiences regards to that Bhaava.
RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Are the bhavas affected too whom they lord

For example for mesh lagna if there is a yuti of mangal shani in 4th so here we can say that person will have bad experince related to 4th house will there be trouble related to lagna 8th 10th 11th as shani mangal rules this bhavas

Also if 6/8 combination yuti is formed in 6 8 12 bhavas can it cause Vipareet raj yoga as it will destroy this house or does it purely depends on lordship

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Are the bhavas affected too whom they lord

For example for mesh lagna if there is a yuti of mangal shani in 4th so here we can say that person will have bad experince related to 4th house will there be trouble related to lagna 8th 10th 11th as shani mangal rules this bhavas
For a comprehensive judgement of the result of a Bhaava we see the bhaava (Grahas placed therein). If there are no grahas in the bhaava then  the Lord of the Bhaava assumes greater importance. The sambhandha of this lord with other Grahas affects the result of the Bhaava, this is basic jyotish knowledge.
What we were discussing here is the Vaara Chakra principle. In this the Bhaava wherein the bad combination takes place becomes important. Like in the example you gave it is the fourth Bhaava which suffers and hence it may result in some problem in relationship with the mother.

Also if 6/8 combination yuti is formed in 6 8 12 bhavas can it cause Vipareet raj yoga as it will destroy this house or does it purely depends on lordship.
If the bad yuti forms in the bad houses then the native suffers because of the bhaava.

Regards

Swapnil
RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 am

Dear Vivek ji

If we go by table surya-chandra-mangal-budha-guru-shukra-shani-rahu-ketu

Following are apart combination

Surya-Shukra, Chandra-Shani, Mangal-Rahu, Budha-Ketu, Guru-Surya, Shukra-Chandra, Shani-Mangal, Rahu-Budha,Ketu-Guru

Following are 8 apart combination

Surya-Rahu, Chandra-Ketu, Surya-Mangal, Budha-Chandra, Guru-Mangal, Shukra-Budha, Shani-Guru, Rahu-Shukra, Ketu-Shani

Should all this combination's taken in to considerations initially when we consider a chart

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 pm

namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Thank you for listing out the bad yuti combinations.
Coming to your query, When we scan a chart we usually see raashis (As also bhaavas) have two or more Grahas in it .
The list given by you helps us Jyotishis to see which are favorable and which are not.
There are other ways to look at this too. The Grahas at the opposite ends of the diagonal axis in Kaalachakra are inimical to each other.

Another source of information on the effect of Yutis of Grahas is the Garga Horaa.

RishiRahul and vivek.  
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

If we go by table surya-chandra-mangal-budha-guru-shukra-shani-rahu-ketu

Following are apart combination

Surya-Shukra, Chandra-Shani, Mangal-Rahu, Budha-Ketu, Guru-Surya, Shukra-Chandra, Shani-Mangal, Rahu-Budha,Ketu-Guru

Following are 8 apart combination

Surya-Rahu, Chandra-Ketu, Surya-Mangal, Budha-Chandra, Guru-Mangal, Shukra-Budha, Shani-Guru, Rahu-Shukra, Ketu-Shani

Should all this combination's taken in to considerations initially when we consider a chart

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Tatva and Bhaava.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:14 am

Namaskar all,
The Tatvas and the Jyanendriyas as mapped to the Bhaavas are shown in the attachment below.
RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

The Dharma of the Gyanendriya (organs of knowledge).

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:27 am

The previous post has shown the mapping of the Gyanendriyas into the Bhaavas.
Skin is Vaayu because it shows a differentiation ot us. THe Me feeling and the not me feeling is because there is a thin layer of Vaayu between the skin and the thing touched always. This is also the meaning of Lagna.

Fire is related to vision as light.

Ears are the organs for hearing sounds and sounds are of the Aakaasha tatvwa.

Earth element is Gandha (Smell) and hence nose.

Tongue is called Rasana, the taster of the Rasa hence tongue is for Jala.

These are the organs seen externally. But we know that a person may have very beautiful eyes but may be blind. This is because the eyes are not performing their Dharma for some reason.
Hence the ninth from the respective bhaavas of the organs will show the dharma of the organ.

The ninth will show the Dharma of touch.
The tenth will show the Dharma of Sight.
The eleventh will show the Dharma of hearing.
the twelfth will show the Dharma of Smelling.
The first will show the Dharma of tasting.

RishiRahul and vivek.

deepakosho

Re: Sankranti Dosha.

Post by deepakosho » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:06 am

vivekvshetty wrote:A happy Makara Sankranti to all fellow learners.

Sankranti means the change if Raashi by Surya. On a Sankranti day Surya moves from one Raashi to the next. Any horoscope having Surya placed in the first Degree (0 degree to 1 degree) of a Raashi has Sankranti Dosha.
This is a Dosha (Affliction) on Surya as it is said to be weak on that day.
Natives born on this day are said to suffer the effects of this Dosha.
For such natives the Vaaresh becomes very Negative and the Bhaava/s owned by him (the Vaaresh) are said to suffer due to Anger of the Vaaresh.

There are remedies given by Paraashara to overcome this affliction.

If anybody has horoscopes of people known to them having this dosha please share it with us so that we may learn from it.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Hello Vivek Ji / Rahul Ji

I recently got a chart where sun is in within 1 degree. The native's son gave this chart to me and was concerned about his father.

Plus I also remembered that you had asked us to share a chart (if we come across a chart with Sankranti Dosha ) . So if you like we can discuss this.

Should this native do Sankrati dosha Remedy (as given by Parashara in Chapter 90 in BPHS?)

Birth Detail:
December 16, 1952
7.35AM
Madurai, India

Regards
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:55 pm

deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:A happy Makara Sankranti to all fellow learners.

Sankranti means the change if Raashi by Surya. On a Sankranti day Surya moves from one Raashi to the next. Any horoscope having Surya placed in the first Degree (0 degree to 1 degree) of a Raashi has Sankranti Dosha.
This is a Dosha (Affliction) on Surya as it is said to be weak on that day.
Natives born on this day are said to suffer the effects of this Dosha.
For such natives the Vaaresh becomes very Negative and the Bhaava/s owned by him (the Vaaresh) are said to suffer due to Anger of the Vaaresh.

There are remedies given by Paraashara to overcome this affliction.

If anybody has horoscopes of people known to them having this dosha please share it with us so that we may learn from it.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Hello Vivek Ji / Rahul Ji

I recently got a chart where sun is in within 1 degree. The native's son gave this chart to me and was concerned about his father.

Plus I also remembered that you had asked us to share a chart (if we come across a chart with Sankranti Dosha ) . So if you like we can discuss this.

Should this native do Sankrati dosha Remedy (as given by Parashara in Chapter 90 in BPHS?)

Birth Detail:
December 16, 1952
7.35AM
Madurai, India

Regards
Deepak
Namaskaar Deepak ji,
You are welcome to discuss the Horoscope.
RishiRahul and vivek

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Dear Vivek Ji

I was searching for more information on net about panchanga and happen to come across sanjay prabhakaran ji article on thiti

I would like to know how to apply it in charts for example earlier you mentioned for things to start do it on the weekday ruled by particular bhaav lord i mean for example for mesha lagna person should start 4th house related activities on monday as 4th bhava is karka and lorded by chandra who rules monday in vaara chakra

Please explain how to apply this thiti system and compile both things also how to find strength of the thiti just by position of the planetery ruler

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Why dont you share the info you found on Sanjay Prabhakaran ji's website, with us. It would be great to learn from a Guru of SJC.

Tithi is Jala and Vaara is Agni. always remember. raashi overlord is Surya and it is this creative energy that we want to activate for initiating any matter connected to a Bhaava.
Rest is after you share with us.
RishiRahul and vivek
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek Ji

I was searching for more information on net about panchanga and happen to come across sanjay prabhakaran ji article on thiti

I would like to know how to apply it in charts for example earlier you mentioned for things to start do it on the weekday ruled by particular bhaav lord i mean for example for mesha lagna person should start 4th house related activities on monday as 4th bhava is karka and lorded by chandra who rules monday in vaara chakra

Please explain how to apply this thiti system and compile both things also how to find strength of the thiti just by position of the planetery ruler

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 am

Dear Vivek ji

List mentioned below is what i found in the article which mentions to start particular activity on particular thiti also i have uploaded this on scribd as mystic does not allow to upload pdf files

Tithi        General Description of Activities Prescribed Activity

1            Activities related to Fire and it's invocations. Marriage, Sacrifices etc.

2            Activities related to creation and other such Brahmnical activites.Laying foundations etc.

3            Activities related to Shakti/Gauri. Health, Beauty care etc

4            Activities related to destruction of obstacles and hurdles. Initiating a competitive tasks, fight etc.

5            Activities related to appeasement of Naaga or removal of ills. Taking first time medicines.

6            Activities related to making peace etc. Coronation, making new friends.

7            Activities related to material enjoyment. Purchases of new items like vehicles, Travel etc

8            Activities related to defending oneself. Health and healing.

9            Activities related to attacking evils etc. Removing competitors etc.

10          Activities related to gather good karma. Donations etc

11          Activities related to gathering knowledge and contemplation. Praying to Vishnu, learning etc

12          Activities related to sustenance and Vishnu worship. Trade, Any soft activities. Worship Vishnu.

13          Activities related to enjoyment. Making new friends, sex etc (Worship Shiva)

14          Activities related to destruction of evil. Aggressive activities.

15          Shukla Poornima: Activities related to Guru worship. Satya Narayan Vrata

15          Krishna Amavasya: Ancestor Worship. Shraadha ceremony.

Regards

Swapnil

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Om Guruve Namah

Dear Vivek ji / Rahul ji and All,

First of all, I am really sorry for being inactive as I have been occupied with work. Hopefully I will soon start contributing regularly.

So, I received this horoscope few months ago and I noticed that Sun is in Sagitarius within 1 degree. And hence sharing this with you all.

Birth Detail:
Male
December 16, 1952
7.35AM
Madurai, India

With my limited knowledge, let me try to share my views on the effects. As per scriptures, Sankranti birth makes the varesh and its related significances bad for the native.

The native was born on tuesday. Mars, the varesh is his 5th and 12th lord and is occupiying 2nd house.

Mars is siblings karaka: The native's coborns and the native are not in talking terms. They consider him as enemy.

Mars is karaka for litigations: The native has property related disputes and he has court cases running (I think the court case is between siblings).

Mars is exalted so the native has properties, but I beleive due to sankranti dosha the native is not able to enjoy them. (Mars is also aspecting 8th house, the house of litigation and court disputes)

Mars is 5th lord: The native's son is concerned about his father's well being. The native's son wants to help his father out (exalted 5th lord), but circumstances are not favouring him (due to effect of Sankrati Dosha?).

Should we recommend Sankranti Dosha (BPHS chapter 90) for this native? I believe, if we recommend this remedy then,

1) The native will win the court cases.
2) He will overcome enemity with his co-borns.
3) Deep down his Atma will be more peaceful (Mars is his atma karaka).
4) His son (5th lord mars aspecting 5 house) and family (Mars exalted in 2nd house) will be happy for him and viceversa.

Please share your views and thoughts.

Regards,
Deepak

vivekvshetty wrote: Namaskaar Deepak ji,
You are welcome to discuss the Horoscope.
RishiRahul and vivek

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 am

Dear Vivek ji

Recently I was listening pandit jis MP3 lecture where he was explaining chart of famous political leader there he mentioned about the krishna chaturdasi thiti which is said to be a cursed by lord shiva and also the curse from father from previous life

Can you please explain in detail as you too have mentioned about the chaturdasi and amavasya dosa in this topic it would also be helpful if you mention if it has puranic story

Also waiting for the reply on the previous post in this topic

Regards

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”