lesson 13 -------- Naisargika Mitra or Shatru: Natural Friends and enemies

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Re: Shatru / mitra

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Nmamaskaar Deepak ji,
We have still to deal with Temporary (Taatkaalika) Friendship and enemies.
The compound relationships (Panchadhaa sambhandha) will come later.
We hope to take it up soon.
RishiRahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:Vivekji and Rishiji,

What the significance of temporary friendship (why only 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12,th, 11th and 10th)? does it function throughout the life?

So should we only consider compound relationship on a chart? For e.g.) Venus and saturn are naisargika friends but may become neutral if he is temporary enemy. So in this case if venus is in mercury's house do i consider it as being in neutral house (until now wheneven I see mercury or venus in each others houses, i used consider them being in friends house)?

Please reply.

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

vivekvshetty

One Way

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:29 pm

namaskaar all,
One way of looking and using this is to See the Aatmakaaraka in the chart and see the 3,6,7,10,11 from its moolatrikona. Aaroodhas falling in these bhaavas will be treated like inimical by the Native at a very soul level.
RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,
One way of looking and using this is to See the Aatmakaaraka in the chart and see the 3,6,7,10,11 from its moolatrikona. Aaroodhas falling in these bhaavas will be treated like inimical by the Native at a very soul level.
Sorry, I could not understand this. For eg., if A10 is in 3rd from AK's mooltrikon sign  do we conclude that the person does not like his job? What if A10 is in 10th from AK's mooltrikon sign?

Also. Aaroodha's being described as what is seen of the native by others, how are they now being related to soul level?

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,
Sorry, I could not understand this. For eg., if A10 is in 3rd from AK's mooltrikon sign  do we conclude that the person does not like his job? What if A10 is in 10th from AK's mooltrikon sign?

Also. Aaroodha's being described as what is seen of the native by others, how are they now being related to soul level?

CRS
Namaskaar CRS ji,
Aatmakaaraka is like light (Akin to a Jyotirlinga) and it considers the 7th and upachaya Sthaanas from its Moolatrikona raashi inimical and so its like the light does not shine on these Bhaavas.
Now Aaroodha is like a manifested thing (you can say it is more Material, measurable) and for this it has to be in light.
Hence Aaroodhas faling in these Raashis are sort of, rejected by the Aatmakaaraka.
A10 i showing the insignias and symbols that come with power. If A10 is so placed in a chart that it falls in one of the inimical raashi, then the innermost core of the native will reject these and the native suffers because of this.
Hope we have made ourselves clearer.
RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji.

CRS
CRS

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:10 am

Hi Vivek,
It is nice to see that learning forum is geting more vibrant for sometime.
Vivek ji I was as usual going trough previous lessons once again.
and stumble over this chapter and the query which you have asked.

Though it is bit tough to figure out this one but let me put my point of view.
Few things which are common in upachaya sthans  3,6 , 10 and 11.

First of all in Kaalpurush chart these are owned by mercury and saturn so they might be taken wit a view keeping them in mind. Also
Mercury and saturn are in extreme end of solar system i.e. mercury has got the smallest orbit around sun and saturn got largest orbit.

Upachaya means house of growth or as some people believe houses where we can apply our freewill..

May be this is the reason for Planet in mooltrikona to be inimical to the planets owning 3,6,10 and 11 from its mooltrikona raashi coz this will let it loose its right over life as this is the place where native can apply his/he freewill..

Also as 1-5-9 are Dharma trikona, 3rd and 11th are 7th from them respectively..thus maranakaraka sthan for 5th and 9th thus 3 and 11th are inimical houses.

and if you see 6th is 8th from 11th AND 10th is 8th from 3rd thus together they become not a house to be liked by mooltrikona house of any planet..

Also 7th house because it is exactly opposite to what is propert or belives of mooltrikona raashi.For example:- sun and saturn owns exactly oppoite mooltrikona raashis coz their own believes represented by their signs do not coincide.

This is all i was able to figure out relation between these houses but still got doubts in my mind.

Like why they are inimical house.Even if they are obstruction for DHARMA coz they are houses of prosperity (is it just materislistic prosperity then it may explain that DHARMA is getting obstructed) thus house for native to put initiative.
Please put your point to clarify this doubt.

Regards,
Raman
vivekvshetty wrote:
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji,
:-)  you r right i dont expect to be spoon fed, though i did think of a probable answer but thought lets ask rather then making guesses..... ;-)

According to me  and as per what i have read :-  Since it is thought that When in Mooltrikona planet is like in its office unlike in exhaltation, own house etc.. state...Thus he is behaving more responsibily and sincerely and not like in Exhalted state where it is more like in most happy and excited state , For example(im using example from this forum i have read about a while ago not sure who wrote it)in exhalted state it is like an happy elephant taking bath in river thus behaving more naturally. In Mooltrikona state it is like leading his fellow elephants and guiding them though the forest thus he knows whats right and whats wrong and has to behave more responsibly. He know which ways can create problem(ENEMIES) for his fellows and dependents,For which he can take chances(NEUTRAL PLANETS) and which ways he can be sure of(FRIENDS).Since being in the state of office he has to take decision more thoughtfully and can taken for granted only those things and facts which are permanent

This is what i feel to be a reason for considering naisargik relationship of planets from Mooltrikona.

I hope i havent disappointed you :-).

Regards,
Raman
Namaskaar Raman ji,
we are sure no one is disappointed. it was a bulls eye reply.
the elephant illustration was given w.r.t Guru's exalation. Ofcourse this can be suitably extended to the other Grahas.
But why the Upachayas and the seventh from the office of the Graha? What makes the Graha treat these places as enemies?
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
We thought of a more down to earth reason. Upacahyas are about growth, which translate to more work. nobody likes more workload and hence the feeling of enmity.
There may be other reasons, we will update the forum if we come across another more convincing reason.
RishiRahul and vivek.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Thank you Vivek ji, So its like human emotion who does not like to push themseleves :)
and prefer to get things done easily ..

Regards,
Raman

priyesh

moolatrikona

Post by priyesh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Dear vivekji and rahul ji,
I have some doubts...

1.What really is meant by the office of a graha?
2.what is the meaning of "moolatrikona"?
2.what type of duties are being handled there ?
3.Is there a difference between duties carried out there and the duties planets get by lordship (in bhavas)?
4.I have read that past life karmas come through moolatrikona.what does that mean?
5.why is the office of a graha lorded by itself sometimes and sometimes it is not so? what is the difference?
6.why the offices of buddha and rahu coincide in kanya?
7.Moolatrikona of venus and mars ,  sani and surya, buddha/rahu and ketu are situated opposite to each other which shows mutual enimity among offices but moolatrikona that of jupiter and moon doesnt hav enimical offices in their opposites.is their any significance here?

priyesh

anxious2711

Re: lesson 13 -------- Naisargika Mitra or Shatru: Natural Friends and enemies

Post by anxious2711 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 am

RishiRahul wrote:We know the Upachaya Sthaanas to be the 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th
The Lords of the rest of the Raashis are friendly to the Graha.
Dear Sirs,

I am getting some difficulties grasping the whole concept.

If we consider Budh, the Multrikona sign is Kanya,
Scorpio is 3rd - Mars, Ketu
Aquarius is 6th - Saturn, Rahu
Pisces is 7th - Guru
Mithun is 10th - Budh
Karka is 11th - Chandra

the rest of the houses are lorded by Venus (2/9), Guru (4), Shani (5), Mangal (8), Leo (12)

So Venus and Sun are friendly,
and Moon, Rahu, Ketu are enemies
and Mangal, Guru, Shani are neutral as they lord both upachayas as well as other houses, am I right?

But then again the lord of the 7th from Mooltrikona is the worst enemy, so does that trump the fact that Guru is also the lord of the 4th from MK?

I mean do we consider Guru as Budh's enemy, or is he considered neutral?

Thanks,

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 am

anxious2711 ji,

If a graha lords two signs, one being 3/6/7/10/11 and the other exclusing these, then it is a neutral. If both signs are in the above group, it is an enemy. If both are not in the above group it is friend. That is why Guru is neutral to Budha but Budha is an enemy of Guru.

While assessing how comfortable the placement of a graha is, it is genrally accepted that of the two houses lorded by the enemy, the graha is most uncomfortable in the mool-trikon sign of the enemy. For e.g, Guru's placement in kanya is worse than its placement in Mithun.

anxious2711

Post by anxious2711 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 am

Thank you for your clarifications.

On another note, just like for Chandra, whose house falls 3rd from its MK sign, Budh's house falls 10th from its MK sign. A graha cannot be its own enemy...

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm

anxious2711 wrote:Thank you for your clarifications.

On another note, just like for Chandra, whose house falls 3rd from its MK sign, Budh's house falls 10th from its MK sign. A graha cannot be its own enemy...
Namaskaar Anxious2711 ji,
This is great food for thought, both father son duo involved.
But the way friendship/enmities are seen in a chart, it is always from one graha to another. We never see if Chandra will be enemy to chandra or Budha will be enemy to Budha.
In real life though, some people are their own worst enemy, but do such really accept it or even are aware of it.
hope this clarifies.
RishiRahul and vivek.
To be a person is to be asleep.

anxious2711

Post by anxious2711 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Thank you for the explanations Vivek ji, great to have you back!

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Thank you.
anxious2711 wrote:Thank you for the explanations Vivek ji, great to have you back!
To be a person is to be asleep.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”