Flaws of each Raashi in Lagna.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:58 am

Namaskaar All,
We list out the basic flaws associated with each Raashis.
Mesha: we have already dealt with this.
Vrishabha:This is also dealt with.
Mithuna:Like Dhanu is concerned with the rights and wrongs but will say it with a twist and not tell it straight because of Kumbha (Raahu is the co lord).
Karka: will always have issues with partners.
Simha:Control freaks. will always want to control subordinates with an iron hand.
Kanyaa: Like Meena
Tula: Already discussed.
Vrischika: like Vrishabha with the addition of wanting to control friends and their behavior.
Dhanu: Alreadi discussed.
Makara: issues with the partner. (why my partner does not work as much as i do?)
Kumbha: Always wants to control people and wants authority.
Meena: already discussed.
RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:42 am

Dear Rishi ji / Vivek ji

Can the flaws of rashi in lagna be further simplyfied for person to person by the placement of lagna lord and moon in particular bhavas

For example Mesh and tula as these natives are not satisfied with themselves in general can the placement of moon in 4th tells that they are not happy with 4th bahava related things or lagna lord placed in 4th they try to do best but not happy with the response

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

jigyasu

Post by jigyasu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 pm

vivekji,
isn't it that the "fractal nature" of nature was the realization that led to the bhavat-bhavat concept? the infinite nature of numbers is also fractal as we repeat 1-9 in ones tens hundreds etc etc which is also infinte.

i just read an article on how cryptography came from brahma gupta's - brahma sphuta.

what i could not understand was how anything divided by (nothing) zero was zer0 (nothing).

also when we think of it.
rishis observed 12 qualities and somehow they figured out 12 zodiacs that has shapes on the qualities they give. considering prishtodaya and shirshodaya.
giving results in early and later periods according to being prishtodaya or shirshodaya.
why are animals so aligned to these cosmic cycles? why and how have we forgotten it?  

it is so synchronous that sometimes it feels like a virtual reality. enough to make anyone feel schizophrenic. i know we observe what is because we exist in relation to "how it is" and perceive and give meanings on the same scale of perception.
hence the patterns some people will call omens. what is about to happen will happen at all scales ? or is it only ur mind receptive in that manner?
but isn't everything an expression of mind and projected by the mind?
so if the cosmic energies are the source code for this projector(mind)
now the movement in the heavens is fixed, so will be our desires.
is our acting on it also fixed? astrology says yes.
so where is this free will?

happy akshaya triteeya to everyone !!!

jigyasu

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm

namaskaar Swapnil ji,
These flaws are inherent in the Raashi and are the vulnerable points in the native. It can be overcome but still some trace remains. This is where other factors come into the picture. Both factors (lagna lord and Chandra are important in addition to Guru as it is the kaaraka of Paaka - applied intelligence).
But that is not the point. these flaws can be expressed by the persons in many ways when they come to the Jyotish for advise. See the Lagna and see the persons main grouse.
we also hope you have studied a few charts of people known to you and tried to correlate. it would be a good exercise.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji / Vivek ji

Can the flaws of rashi in lagna be further simplyfied for person to person by the placement of lagna lord and moon in particular bhavas

For example Mesh and tula as these natives are not satisfied with themselves in general can the placement of moon in 4th tells that they are not happy with 4th bahava related things or lagna lord placed in 4th they try to do best but not happy with the response

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi jigyasu ji,
I think you something wrong here.Anything divided by zero is infinity

Regards,
Raman

jigyasu wrote:vivekji,
isn't it that the "fractal nature" of nature was the realization that led to the bhavat-bhavat concept? the infinite nature of numbers is also fractal as we repeat 1-9 in ones tens hundreds etc etc which is also infinte.

i just read an article on how cryptography came from brahma gupta's - brahma sphuta.

what i could not understand was how anything divided by (nothing) zero was zer0 (nothing).

also when we think of it.
rishis observed 12 qualities and somehow they figured out 12 zodiacs that has shapes on the qualities they give. considering prishtodaya and shirshodaya.
giving results in early and later periods according to being prishtodaya or shirshodaya.
why are animals so aligned to these cosmic cycles? why and how have we forgotten it?  

it is so synchronous that sometimes it feels like a virtual reality. enough to make anyone feel schizophrenic. i know we observe what is because we exist in relation to "how it is" and perceive and give meanings on the same scale of perception.
hence the patterns some people will call omens. what is about to happen will happen at all scales ? or is it only ur mind receptive in that manner?
but isn't everything an expression of mind and projected by the mind?
so if the cosmic energies are the source code for this projector(mind)
now the movement in the heavens is fixed, so will be our desires.
is our acting on it also fixed? astrology says yes.
so where is this free will?

happy akshaya triteeya to everyone !!!

jigyasu

jigyasu

Post by jigyasu » Fri May 01, 2009 5:22 pm

namaste ramanji,

i said that numerals and zero and the mathematics (mathematics of procedure ie algorithms)
is all vedic (origin).

i was talking about Brahmasphutasiddhanta by brahmagupta.
anything by zero is zero - Brahmasphutasiddhanta
i do know about infinity and the degrees of infinity. ;)

about this formula is actually something. matches alot with people and the way they behave.
but not all the times which i m sure has other combos to deal with the reasoning part.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat May 02, 2009 7:16 am

prasanna wrote:The Sign rising on the Eastern horizon at the time of Birth, from the Birth place,  has a major part to play  in human life which is refered as Lagna or Ascendant.

Jenma lagna deetermines the type of body, general health, longevity, as well as apparent traits of a person visible to the world.

Lagna is also a word we hear at the time of Marriage between a Man and a Women, in other words a Union of the two souls, both on Physical and on Spiritual Plane given the

stamp or signature of Nature as witness, along with the 5 elements.
Dear Vivek ji / Rishi ji

My understand for lagna goes as follows with the help of prasanna aunty reply

Since the lagna is the sign rising in eastern horizon and sun rises in the east i think it may be like the sun the natural atmakaraka geting a physical body at the time of persons birth

So i think it also clears a query that the natural karaka of 1st bhava is also sun

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon May 04, 2009 9:54 am

Ok jugyasu ji,
I didnt know that Brahmagupta has got different perpective towards this :-)
Thanks for sharing

Raman
jigyasu wrote:namaste ramanji,

i said that numerals and zero and the mathematics (mathematics of procedure ie algorithms)
is all vedic (origin).

i was talking about Brahmasphutasiddhanta by brahmagupta.
anything by zero is zero - Brahmasphutasiddhanta
i do know about infinity and the degrees of infinity. ;)

about this formula is actually something. matches alot with people and the way they behave.
but not all the times which i m sure has other combos to deal with the reasoning part.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 pm

namaskaar Swapnil ji,
GOOD! but still not what we want to hear.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:
prasanna wrote:The Sign rising on the Eastern horizon at the time of Birth, from the Birth place,  has a major part to play  in human life which is refered as Lagna or Ascendant.

Jenma lagna deetermines the type of body, general health, longevity, as well as apparent traits of a person visible to the world.

Lagna is also a word we hear at the time of Marriage between a Man and a Women, in other words a Union of the two souls, both on Physical and on Spiritual Plane given the

stamp or signature of Nature as witness, along with the 5 elements.
Dear Vivek ji / Rishi ji

My understand for lagna goes as follows with the help of prasanna aunty reply

Since the lagna is the sign rising in eastern horizon and sun rises in the east i think it may be like the sun the natural atmakaraka geting a physical body at the time of persons birth

So i think it also clears a query that the natural karaka of 1st bhava is also sun

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue May 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Since lagna means marriage so does this mean the soul and body getting together for the birth

It is just a thought correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 am

namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Lagna means obsession.
this is the closest word we could think of for Lagna.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Since lagna means marriage so does this mean the soul and body getting together for the birth

It is just a thought correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 am

Dear Vivek ji,   Namashkaar.

After a long wait  U  have given us the word meaning of Lagna = Obsession. I was expecting more than one word explanation for this term lagna., from U .   I already said,  deeper attachment , which is  nearest of obsession which  I felt. Any how thanks for the word meaning.

I found the dictionary meanings for the word Obsession, as

1.  Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
  2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

An irrational preoccupation: fetish, fixation, mania. Informal thing. (Noun)

from the above definitions now Iam confused how to relate the word Lagna in astrological sense.

Lagna in Sanskrit means attached , fixed or tied down. In Jyotish it is used to sort of tieing  down the position of planets to place and time of birth. Is this correct Vivekji?  

Regards,

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed May 06, 2009 4:17 pm

namaskaar Prasanna ji,
We are all obsessed with one thing all the time. it is constant and unchanging.
RishiRahul and vivek.
prasanna wrote:Dear Vivek ji,   Namashkaar.
     After a long wait  U  have given us the word meaning of Lagna = Obsession. I was expecting more than one word explanation for this term lagna., from U .   I already said,  deeper attachment , which is  nearest of obsession which  I felt. Any how thanks for the word meaning.

I found the dictionary meanings for the word Obsession, as
  1.  Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
  2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

An irrational preoccupation: fetish, fixation, mania. Informal thing. (Noun)

from the above definitions now Iam confused how to relate the word Lagna in astrological sense.

Lagna in Sanskrit means attached , fixed or tied down. In Jyotish it is used to sort of tieing  down the position of planets to place and time of birth. Is this correct Vivekji?  

Regards,

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu May 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Dear Vivek ji

You have explained abt lagna , pakaa lagna having karakas sun guru respectively there is also a term karaka lagna which is said to be rashi in which atma karaka placed in D1 will the karaka of karka lagna to be sun as sun represents atma

And how to related the karakas and apply for charts

Reagrds

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri May 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Believe me, this is too advanced even for us.
Rishirahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

You have explained abt lagna , pakaa lagna having karakas sun guru respectively there is also a term karaka lagna which is said to be rashi in which atma karaka placed in D1 will the karaka of karka lagna to be sun as sun represents atma

And how to related the karakas and apply for charts

Reagrds

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”