Lesson - 14. AMSHA KUNDALIS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

priyesh

navamsa and vargottam

Post by priyesh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

One more query......as you said a vargottam planet endows the native with the traits of the planet and is a blessing...then what is the difference between the same and the planet being in the navamsa lagna.Do you say that both are akin? or is there any difference.
both are blessing then what is the difference? Does it mean a reinforcing effect?

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Re: navamsa and vargottam

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:02 am

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
There is a basic difference.
If a Graha is in the D-9 Lagna then it gives a natural talent (in born - as some may say) for the aptitude signified by the Graha. This is due to the native having pursued the same from past birth/s. Remember D-9 is also a harmonic of the 9th Bhaava (past birth).
A Vargottama Graha gives fame for the signification of the Vargottama Graha.
Example- Shukra in Lagna will give the native a natural talent for Arts, whereas a vargottama Shukra may give fame for being beautiful.

RIshiRahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

One more query......as you said a vargottam planet endows the native with the traits of the planet and is a blessing...then what is the difference between the same and the planet being in the navamsa lagna.Do you say that both are akin? or is there any difference.
both are blessing then what is the difference? Does it mean a reinforcing effect?

priyesh

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:09 am

Dear Priyesh ji,

May i try to explain it to you as per my understanding

See as till now you should have understood about vargottam concept

But now as it is related to rashi and dharma it shows gods blessing

Like as you have split up the rashi in 9 parts you would have noticed that 1st is mesha starts with mesha itself  = bhrama, 2nd is vrishaba which starts with makar = sthira and 3rd mithun which starts with tula = dwid bhasi

Now note in mesha, mesha is 1st , in vrishaba it is in middle and mithuna it is at last

Now suppose planet gets vargottam in chara then it due to bhrama ji blessing to that planet , if in sthira then it has vishnu and dwidbhasi it has shiva blessings

As you asked abt dharma yes it has connection

Dharma has four path Vishva , rastra, samaj , swa So for chara (mesh, karka,tula, makar) shira (vrishab,shimha,vrichik,kumbha) dwidbhasi the remaiing

So if planet vargottam in say mesha, vrishab or mithun it will follow vishva dharma and so on

Now in navamsa if planets are in trikona 1 5 9 then it is said that it is due to u r past life good deeds

Hope i tried my best to explain you

Correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

priyesh

vargottam and navams

Post by priyesh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 am

so.....planet in navams lagna indicates the inborn capacity , as signified by the planet, which has been acquired in the last birth and god has been kind enough not to erase it,since we followed dharma . understood.

but,regarding vargottam planet..you gave an eg: of shukra.i personally know a person who has shukra in vargottam but doesn't have attractive looks but what i have noticed in him is his undying "will power". if i am right will power is connected to "OJAS"----a signification of shukra. wont this capacity be there if the shukra is in navams lagna.
Also you said that the vargottam planet gives fame....if i am correct, for becoming famous, the native should ride the minds of people/society (moon ).so is there a moon factor involved in vargottam.Please clarify

Also thanks swapnil ji for giving information on the 4 types of dharma.

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:10 am

to be specific...we have followed dharma w.r.t the tattva of the planet in navams lagna and that tattva is strong in this birth.

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Re: vargottam and navams

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
our comments below.

so.....planet in navams lagna indicates the inborn capacity , as signified by the planet, which has been acquired in the last birth and god has been kind enough not to erase it,since we followed dharma . understood.

but,regarding vargottam planet..you gave an eg: of shukra.i personally know a person who has shukra in vargottam but doesn't have attractive looks but what i have noticed in him is his undying "will power". if i am right will power is connected to "OJAS"----a signification of shukra. wont this capacity be there if the shukra is in navams lagna.
Quiet possible. IS he well known for it. In the sense that whenever talk of 'will power' is on amongst his acquaintances his name always crops up.  
Also you said that the vargottam planet gives fame....if i am correct, for becoming famous, the native should ride the minds of people/society (moon ).so is there a moon factor involved in vargottam.Please clarify
Here fame means s/he is well known for a particular characteristic amongst her/his family and friends.

Also thanks swapnil ji for giving information on the 4 types of dharma.

priyesh
RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh

vargottam and navamsa

Post by priyesh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:23 am

So i feel that you are pointing to the difference between "being famous" and "being popular". Former is restricted to the people he (native) interacts/acqaintances whereas the latter is ..crossing this boundary and going beyond and extending it on the people ( those he dont know personally ) at large. it is here the moon factor pitches in.and hence,the "vargottam" planet gives fame and not popularity. understood.

Then, i would like to put forth another query--------if the vargottam planet is in uccha ( high morals ) --he will be famous (with capacity signified by the planet ) and suppose if it is in neecha ( low morals ) --will he not be INFAMOUS among his acqaintances , ofcourse with the capacities signified by the planets ? As we sometimes say that he is misusing his "god gifted powers."

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Re: vargottam and navamsa

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
It is possible but then we are only speculating. We can only be sure when we apply it to Horoscopes and test it.
RishiRahul and vivek.

So i feel that you are pointing to the difference between "being famous" and "being popular". Former is restricted to the people he (native) interacts/acqaintances whereas the latter is ..crossing this boundary and going beyond and extending it on the people ( those he dont know personally ) at large. it is here the moon factor pitches in.and hence,the "vargottam" planet gives fame and not popularity. understood.

Then, i would like to put forth another query--------if the vargottam planet is in uccha ( high morals ) --he will be famous (with capacity signified by the planet ) and suppose if it is in neecha ( low morals ) --will he not be INFAMOUS among his acqaintances , ofcourse with the capacities signified by the planets ? As we sometimes say that he is misusing his "god gifted powers."

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji

1.In D10,Jagganath D3,D4 etc the respective vargas are allocated certain deities ie; in D10 10 dieties, in D3 3 dieties etc.Why is this not the case with other vargas  as D9,D20,D24 etc.What is so specific about assigning deities to certain vargas only?
2.10th bhava is karma bhava ,9th bhava is bhagya.For studying these bhavas minutely why we are splitting all 12 bhavas instead of restricting the splitting to the concerned bhava only?
3.while splitting for navamsa we are going in a regular manner but for dasamsa we are jumping in between 1st and 9th houses.what is the basis of these specific types of derivation?what things need to be kept in mind for carrying out the derivation?
4.In dasamsa the linking factor between 1st and 9th house is surya but what about in navamsa?
Why surya is given importance while budha is the primary karaka for 10th house?
Total confusion…Please clarify.
5.Kindly explain the derivation part of any one amsa,covering the logic behind it.

Priyesh

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:04 am

Vivekji,

Can remedies be guided by divisional charts or should one stick to rasi chart only-say someone wants to improve job or wealth situation-can remedies be tried based on relevant divisional charts?(just an academic curiosity because i know you generally desist from discussing remedies in learning forum)

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:54 am

Namaskaar kandhan ji,
Remedies are and can be guided by Amsha Kundalis. In fact the greatest remedy of worshipping the Ishtha is based on the Navaamsha.
THe 5th lord in D-10 is propitiated for bringing fresh opportunities in Career.
MAny such uses are found.

RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji,

Can remedies be guided by divisional charts or should one stick to rasi chart only-say someone wants to improve job or wealth situation-can remedies be tried based on relevant divisional charts?(just an academic curiosity because i know you generally desist from discussing remedies in learning forum)

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
Our replies below.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji

1.In D10,Jagganath D3,D4 etc the respective vargas are allocated certain deities ie; in D10 10 dieties, in D3 3 dieties etc.Why is this not the case with other vargas  as D9,D20,D24 etc.What is so specific about assigning deities to certain vargas only?
All the Vargas have deities. D-2, D-9 etc. Open Jhora and see the Amsha ruler tab.
2.10th bhava is karma bhava ,9th bhava is bhagya.For studying these bhavas minutely why we are splitting all 12 bhavas instead of restricting the splitting to the concerned bhava only?
we did not get the question. mind if you elaborate?
3.while splitting for navamsa we are going in a regular manner but for dasamsa we are jumping in between 1st and 9th houses.what is the basis of these specific types of derivation?what things need to be kept in mind for carrying out the derivation?
4.In dasamsa the linking factor between 1st and 9th house is surya but what about in navamsa?
Why surya is given importance while budha is the primary karaka for 10th house?
Total confusion…Please clarify.
5.Kindly explain the derivation part of any one amsa,covering the logic behind it.
We will soon try with the D-2.
Priyesh
RishiRahul and vivek.

ratchetandclank

Post by ratchetandclank » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:14 am

RishiRahul and Vivek,

Can you please clarify about D-144 ? What does it signify ? What can be read from it about persons life ?
Om Namah Shivaya

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:32 am

Namshkaar,

You need to sign up for the course at the appropriate place in the 'Learn Vedic astrology' in order to participate.
D144 is very advanced and we believe in proceeding there slowly.

vivek and Rishirahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”