Lesson - 14. AMSHA KUNDALIS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Re: Important question

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
If we really understand an Amsha Kundali then we can easily rectify it with the help of past events at least till the D-24 level. for this the native has to be a bit older (the older the better).
There are other techniques of rectifications also but they are very fine.
We will keep in mind your suggestion. Prashna is of great help if you know how.
RishiRahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:Vivek ji / Rahul ji,

The Varga charts are wonderful but accuracy of birthtime is very very important the higher charts we go.

This brings importance of birthtime correction. May I humbly request you to start a thread  and shed some light on birthtime correction? JHora is very help changing the lagna (in divisions) but I ended up going in circles and got confused.

And when are you going to start lessons on Dasas and Transits? I am eagerly looking forward for lessons on dasas and transits.

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:35 am

Namaskaar Vivekji/Rishiji,

The lesson as usual is simply superb. Kudos and thanks.

I have a few questions. Will be grateful if you can clarify.

1. I remember reading somewhere that the navamsha placement of a planet gives the results of the bhava that the sign corresponds to in D-1. Is this true? For e.g, if Mangal is in Dhanu in Navamsha and Dhanu happens to be the 7th bhava in D-1 (i.e, Mithuna lagna) then Mangal will give the result of 7th Bhava.

2. On the lines of Vargottama concept, is there a Bhavottama (graha being placed in the same house/bhava in amsa charts) concept or is this a useless astrological concept? Vimsopaka bala I believe is based on grahas being placed in good (exaltation/own/friendy signs) vargas.

3. I also remember reading somewhere that if the same graha is related to lagna in multiple amsa charts, it leads to a strong raja yoga. Is this true? If so is it valid even if the graha involved is a natural malefic and a functional malefic in D-1? E.g, Shani in lagna or in 7th in 3 or more amsa charts.

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji/Rishiji,

The lesson as usual is simply superb. Kudos and thanks.

I have a few questions. Will be grateful if you can clarify.

1. I remember reading somewhere that the navamsha placement of a planet gives the results of the bhava that the sign corresponds to in D-1. Is this true? For e.g, if Mangal is in Dhanu in Navamsha and Dhanu happens to be the 7th bhava in D-1 (i.e, Mithuna lagna) then Mangal will give the result of 7th Bhava.

This is called the Raashi tulya Navaamsha concept. Then there is also the Navaamsha Tulya Raashi concept. This is a bit advanced learning and we dont recommend it at this stage.
2. On the lines of Vargottama concept, is there a Bhavottama (graha being placed in the same house/bhava in amsa charts) concept or is this a useless astrological concept? Vimsopaka bala I believe is based on grahas being placed in good (exaltation/own/friendy signs) vargas.
Let us tell you why a Vargottama Graha gives fame. The Graha is placed in the same Raashi in both the charts, so when you count from the Raashi in D-1 to the Raashi in D-9, it is the first Bhaava itself and we know the first bhaava gives fame.
We have not seen the concept of Bhaavottama used much.
Vimsopaaka is a way of judging the strength (auspiciousness of a Graha and is a different thing altogether.

3. I also remember reading somewhere that if the same graha is related to lagna in multiple amsa charts, it leads to a strong raja yoga. Is this true? If so is it valid even if the graha involved is a natural malefic and a functional malefic in D-1? E.g, Shani in lagna or in 7th in 3 or more amsa charts.
You may read about the yogada principle. This is primarily in D-1, D-3 and D-9 charts. There are other Lagnas also involved.

CRS
RishiRahul and vivek.
Last edited by vivekvshetty on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,
I also remember reading somewhere that if the same graha is related to lagna in multiple amsa charts, it leads to a strong raja yoga. Is this true? If so is it valid even if the graha involved is a natural malefic and a functional malefic in D-1? E.g, Shani in lagna or in 7th in 3 or more amsa charts.
You may read about the yogada principle. This is primarily in D-1, D-3 and D-9 charts. There are other Lagnas also involved.

Most descriptions of Yogada make it out to be  a beneficial effect. But merely on account of repeated connections does a malefic planet become yogada?

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
The Yogada connects or interlinks important Areas of the chart. The nature is important but it will give the result of bringing in Power or money.
Rishirahul and vivek

iamlearning

Post by iamlearning » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am

Vivek ji n Rahulji,
I read at one place that in the Lagna Kundali if the 8th Lord is placed in the 4th house then at some stage of his life , the native abandons his house. Is this true ?

Kindly suggest I am new to astrology...Just at the nursery stage.

Thanks
- Learning is fun

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 am

Namaskaar,
Have you been registered for this forum as a learner. If not, then the first thing to do would be to send a request.

Rishiahul and vivek.
iamlearning wrote:Vivek ji n Rahulji,
I read at one place that in the Lagna Kundali if the 8th Lord is placed in the 4th house then at some stage of his life , the native abandons his house. Is this true ?

Kindly suggest I am new to astrology...Just at the nursery stage.

Thanks

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am

Vivekji, Rahulji

I hope this question is not a repetition or out of place in this lesson or too late in the day: What is the use of Bhava chalit chart?

priyesh

vargottam

Post by priyesh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 am

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

I have few querries regarding navamsa and varottam -

1.why the so called "uttam varga" is called so?Does it mean that the rest 8 vargas in a rashi are not "uttam"?
2.why is it that the grahas unfold its traits (significations) only when in "uttam varga"?what about in other 8 vargas namely          2,3,4...8 in chara , 2,3,4,5,12,11.....9 in sthira and 12,11,10.......5 in dwi swabhava?
3. As you said that a vargottam planet gives fame since it act as lagna when counted from the D1 Chart to Navamsa,is the same principle be applied  for other houses for eg: a planet in mesha in D1 when falls in Vrishba in navamsa will the results be felt on the 2nd house significations.
4.I have read that an Exalted planet shows High Morale and a debilitated one shows low morale which clearly indicate how the person is going to use the powers endowed by the planets in vargottam.Could you tell  how does a planet in "swa kshetra" and in "moolatrikona" behave?

priyesh

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 am

Let me add my two pence regarding navamsa,vargottma, swa and mookatrikona(hope Viveji/Rahulji will pardon the intrusion/correct my mistake):

navamsa chart is formed by dividing each rashi in lagna chart by 9 and then assigning the grahas to various houses in the navamsa chart based on this division.  this chart is a very important divisional chart to study some specific aspects of the life of native such as marriage, spouse, dharma, skills etc.

when a planet is placed in the same sign (that it occupies in lagna chart) in any of the divisional charts it is vargottam and generally gives beneficial results.

when a planet is in own sign it is like in its  home. it is relaxed, happy, harmmonious. when it is in moolatrikona it is like in its office. it is aware of its duties.  For example: mercury signifies communication. in mithuna, its swakshetra, it is very happily engaged in smart intellectual conversation.  however, in its mookatrikona kanya the character of communication changes.  its now engaged in intelligent debates and arguments i.e. purposeful action.

priyesh

navamsa and vargottam

Post by priyesh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 pm

kandhan ji,

your quote   : when a planet is placed in the same sign (that it occupies in lagna chart) in any of the divisional charts it is vargottam and generally gives beneficial results.

what i want to know is why the planets generally give beneficial results when in same sign only and why not anywhere else.
For eg: when mesh rashi is divided into nine vargas we get the divisions as mesh,vrishba,mithuna,karka,simha,kanya,tula,vrischika and dhanu. suppose in a chart if Jupiter is in mesh and in navamsa its in mesh again..then it is vargottam , but if the jupiter is in karka (in navams) why it wont give beneficial results or in other words why the results of such a combination is not highlighted with a special name like "vargotham" or something else....because we all know that jupiter gets exalted in karka and hence jupiter should naturally be happiest there.

priyesh

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 am

priyeshji , let me try to attempt an answer for your question with my limited knowledge.

I think your presumption is not correct. Its not that only vargottam planets give good results.  If a weak planet in lagna chart gets exalted/own/moolatrikona position in navamsa then the position is greatly improved. Similarly, the positive results promised by a planet in lagna chart is diluted if its position is not good in navamsa. In the example u have given jupiter in karka in navamsa should actually improves its overall situation.  It will be the opposite if it goes to makara in navamsa.  so you see, there is an effect on results depending on other placements too in navamsa.

Regarding the reason for assigning special significance to vargottam, lets wait for the experts to pitch in.

vivekvshetty

Re: vargottam

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:12 am

NAmaskaar Priyesh ji,
We will try to answer the queries raised by you. Kandhan ji has already replied to them, some additional points below.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

I have few querries regarding navamsa and varottam -

1.why the so called "uttam varga" is called so?Does it mean that the rest 8 vargas in a rashi are not "uttam"?
Uttam means best. it doesnt mean other placement are not good. D-9 is about Dharma, dont give over importance to just one indications in a chart.
2.why is it that the grahas unfold its traits (significations) only when in "uttam varga"?what about in other 8 vargas namely          2,3,4...8 in chara , 2,3,4,5,12,11.....9 in sthira and 12,11,10.......5 in dwi swabhava?
We have not understood this question properly. Could you clarify it a bit more?
3. As you said that a vargottam planet gives fame since it act as lagna when counted from the D1 Chart to Navamsa,is the same principle be applied  for other houses for eg: a planet in mesha in D1 when falls in Vrishba in navamsa will the results be felt on the 2nd house significations.
It may, we have not tried this out, but it is an exciting thought.  
4.I have read that an Exalted planet shows High Morale and a debilitated one shows low morale which clearly indicate how the person is going to use the powers endowed by the planets in vargottam.Could you tell  how does a planet in "swa kshetra" and in "moolatrikona" behave?
Kandhan ji has already answered this.

priyesh
RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

pardon me if i am pushing to much regarding the "uttam varga". it is just out of my curiosity to know what is so special about this uttam or the best placement. Below i have split first 3 rashis into 9 vargas and could find out that for the first rashi the "uttam varga" falls in prathama , in the second it falls in madhyama and in third anth --which results in numbers 1 , 5 ,9 respectively.This represents the dharma trikona numbers and this is D-9 chart. subsequently ,  i gave numbers 2,3,4...for vargas succeding 1st varga and 12,11,10...for vargas preceeding 1st varga.

MESHA
I mesh I vrishba I mithuna I karka I simha I kanya I tula I vrischika I dhanu I
     1          2           3             4         5          6         7          8             9      

VRISHBA
I makara I kumba I meena I mesh I vrishba I mithuna I karka I simha I kanya I
    9            10          11        12          1             2           3          4          5

MITHUNA
I tula I vrischika I dhanu I  makara I kumba I meena I mesh I vrishba I mithuna I
  5          6             7             8            9           10         11        12            1        

If i am on the correct path then definetly there should be some relavence w.r.t dharma for the planets placed in 1st 5th and/or 9th vargas in every rashi. Now  everyone knows 1st varga is "uttam" , then what about 5th and 9th.

at this moment i feel that the varga which has direct say on the intelligence of the person "by birth" is called "uttam varga".Also we know the planets placed in 5th and 9th in navams influence the intelligence of the person but only through "practice" and through "the blessings of a guru" RESPECTIVELY.Hence the planets that are vargottam are like the vardhaan from  GOD himself right from the birth,since we followed dharma in the past life perfectly.

Please comment

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 pm

and also ---planets in 5th and 9th show that we have followed dharma near to perfect and not cent percent perfect.and so the traits of the planets  lay dormant which could be invoked only through practice and through a guru.Also if there arent any planets in 1,5 or 9th varga it simply shows that we havent followed dharma and hence GOD is not happy and has not blessed.

please comment.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”