Lesson - 14. AMSHA KUNDALIS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:
** correct me if i am wrong

Sorry for asking to many questions
Dont worry about it Swapnil....

you r in a right place to ask questions...

Infact we were waiting for this....................... :-D..
Trust me on this ..
Questions asked by you are quite relative.....
One more observation after D12 charts nodes do not follow 7 house apart rule
Just wanna to ask do you know the calculation behind D-9 or Navamsa or any other varga chart..I mean how they r derived from D-1 chart..Try to find it...
It may lead to answer of your this question...

I will try to reply to your other queries(if time permits)if Vivek ji or Rishirahul ji wont get back soon...:-)

Its always nice to get reply from them..directly :-)

Regards,
Raman
Dear Raman ji

Sorry i forgot to mention about D2

I dont know about calculations as there are software available i am using Jagganth hora

But as per my knowledge for example 0D9 is 1/9 th of dharma bhava of D1 and so on for charts up to D12 but dont know futher than that  for charts above D12

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Swapnil,
I am not sure this is part of course or not but just thought this will help you understand divisinal chart better.
I am saying this coz it is bit mathematical and invloves some calculation thats y please Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji let me know if you dont want me to put it here..

This is how we calculate navamsa.....

Navamsa means dividing each sign into 9 parts thus actually we r dividing whole D-1 into 12*9 = 108 parts(Hope you must be knowing piousness of 108 number in vedic culture).
Now you can undersatnd why higher charts(D-60 or D-108) are considered to understand life better coz they divide life(thus
D-1 in general sense)into 60*12 = 720 parts in case of D-60..(micro analysis)

Each Rasi of 30 degree is divided into 9 equal parts. So each part will be 3degree 20’. For Fiery Rasis (Mesha, Simha,
Dhanus) Navamsa starts from Mesha. For earthy signs (Vrishabha, Kanya, Makara) Navamsa starts from
Makara. For Airy signs (Mithuna, Thula, Kumbha) the beginning is from Thula and for the watery signs
(Karka, Vrischika and Meena) the order starts from Karka. An Example will clarify this point:
Suppose a planet say Mercury is in 150 25’ at Kanya. Kanya is earthy sign. Hence starting point for
Navamsa will be Makara. 15 degree 25’ is in the 5th part of the rasi by dividing it with 9. Hence counting 5 from
Makara we come to Vrishabha. In the Navamsa chart Mercury will be placed in Vrishabha.
Suppose Mars is in Karka 24degree 10’ then it falls in the 8th part of the rasi. Karka being a watery sign counting
is to begin from Karka itself. 8th from Karka is Kumbha where Mars will be placed in Navamsa chart.

You will notice that all kendra lord for Kalapurush(1,4,7 and 10th raashi) are used for starting count for respective elements ...

Hope i was able to clarify basic calculation of D-9.

Regards,
Raman

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Dear Raman ji

Got to understand basic method of calculation of D9 chart , thank you

but me need time to understand so saved u r explanation for further understanding with example charts

Navamsa means dividing each sign into 9 parts thus actually we r dividing whole D-1 into 12*9 = 108

Does the number 108 makes D9 so important

Regards

swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Does the number 108 makes D9 so important
I never said that Swapnil..Please dont jump on conclusion....

But i think u need to go thru previous chapters quite exhaustively...
Just a hint to you so that you can try on your own...
The 5th house will represent the future sense of “I”
And 9th house will represent the past sense of “I”
Also 9th is suppose to be most benefic among trikonas...

D-9 is not just about marriage...

Regards,
Raman

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:39 am

Dear raman ji

Sorry that i jumped in to conclusion

Well i am still in process of understanding, slowly will understand

Yes i do know D9 is not about marriage in previous query i just gave general example related to D9

regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:50 am

Dear raman ji

Sorry that i jumped in to conclusion

Well i am still in process of understanding, slowly will understand

Yes i do know D9 is not about marriage in previous query i just gave general example related to D9

regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
The Janma Lagna (or as some people call it the Udaya lagna) always and without exception represents the Native in all the Charts (Raashi as well as the divisional charts).  Hope this clarifies your basic query.

Functional nature of Grahas are dependent on the different Kundalis.
For example Guru may be a Functional benefic in Raashi chart and so when reading the Raashi chart it will be taken as a functional benefic.
But if this same Guru is a functional malefic in say D-9 (Navaamsha) chart then it will be taken as a functional malefic while reading the Navaamsha chart.

D-24 is not considered for vehicular comfort, D-16 is!
If you have read the lesson properly then you should be able to say as to why it is so.
Awaiting your reply on this.

The D-1 and D - n charts have to be read in tandem and they never contradict, if they do, then the divisional chart has to be given more weight-age. The reason for this is simple.

In some Amsha Kundalis, the nodes are always toghether. Can you list out which are these? maybe we will learn something.

Rishirahul and vivek
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Thank you and please don't address me with ji sir i am way to young.

Well practically thinking as i am i think the same bhavas are there as in D1 but with respect to the particular amsa kundli as far i have gone thru some articels related to this i mean for kundli related to a person which i mean by D9 D7

In which for eg in D9 it may donate 1st bhava as partner physical feature 7th may be interaction with native 4 th may be fortune or interaction with family members 11th may donate labh to native from partner and same may be there but with respect to child in D7 but problem here is what if multiple childrens

But i am confused about the charts about amsa kundalis related to career fortune where person is not related as in D9 and D7 for example here what must tanu bhava be related for

I have some rough idea that if in D10 planets positions denotes the career related to particular planet but again here again if in D1 chart has say some functional benfic with respect to lagna and if same planest are functional benific with respect to lagna of amsa kundli what should be the considered

If D24 is for happiness from vehicle (I have again read it in an articel) how was it decided and how the placement of planets decides it May be in vedic days it must be related to cattels and carts

A condition :- If in natives D9 if there is condition  partner will die early and in partners D1 if there is condition that that particular native has long life what should be considered here in general or If in natives D1 has condition of early death of partner and partner has longevity condition in D1 what should be predicted

One more observation after D12 charts nodes do not follow 7 house apart rule

** correct me if i am wrong

Sorry for asking to many questions

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:31 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
The Janma Lagna (or as some people call it the Udaya lagna) always and without exception represents the Native in all the Charts (Raashi as well as the divisional charts).  Hope this clarifies your basic query.

Functional nature of Grahas are dependent on the different Kundalis.
For example Guru may be a Functional benefic in Raashi chart and so when reading the Raashi chart it will be taken as a functional benefic.
But if this same Guru is a functional malefic in say D-9 (Navaamsha) chart then it will be taken as a functional malefic while reading the Navaamsha chart.

D-24 is not considered for vehicular comfort, D-16 is!
If you have read the lesson properly then you should be able to say as to why it is so.
Awaiting your reply on this.

The D-1 and D - n charts have to be read in tandem and they never contradict, if they do, then the divisional chart has to be given more weight-age. The reason for this is simple.

In some Amsha Kundalis, the nodes are always toghether. Can you list out which are these? maybe we will learn something.

Rishirahul and vivek

Dear Vivek ji

Sorry for mistake got confused between 24 and 16 while typing

As per my limited knowledge i have noticed that D2 charts always have nodes together and also found that planets are posted only in 12/1/2 houses

Any particular reason for this

**correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:18 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
The D-2 chart as shown in BPHS is division of the Bhaa chakra into 24 divisions. EachRaashi has two Horaas and ruled by Surya and chandra for Odd Raashis and reversed for even Raashis.
The nodes are always opposite ech other and hence both will occupy an Odd or even Raashi. Hence when we draw a Horaa chart the nodes fall in the Same Raashi.
The Horaa chart given in BPHS is not the only Horaa chart and there are other variations also. All these are used for different specific purposes.

Very soon we will deal with the Horaa.
BTW Jyotish is also called as Horaa Shaastra.

RishiRahul and vivek.  
gaonkarswapnil wrote: Dear Vivek ji

Sorry for mistake got confused between 24 and 16 while typing

As per my limited knowledge i have noticed that D2 charts always have nodes together and also found that planets are posted only in 12/1/2 houses

Any particular reason for this

**correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Dear Vivek ji

As you have mentioned about that the functionality planets (malefic / benefic) depends on lagna of amsha chart irrespective of D-1 lagna

Can you explain about the karakas natural and functional with respect to amsha chart?

I mean to ask about karakas playing role in different amsha charts?

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:52 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
In divisional charts the Naisargika Kaarakatwas of Grahas do not change. Shukra will signify all the things, people etc. for which it is a Kaaraka.
But each Amsha kundali has a particular Bhaava which is the focus of that Amsha Kundali. The Kaaraka of this Bhaava is very important and should be studied very carefully in that particular Amsha kundali.
For example in the Navaamsha Kundali Shukra is to be studied, it should be placed in good Bhaavas in the navaamsha.
Likewise Guru also becomes important when studying Navaamsha because  it is a Significator of ninth.

RishiRahul and vivek

As you have mentioned about that the functionality planets (malefic / benefic) depends on lagna of amsha chart irrespective of D-1 lagna

Can you explain about the karakas natural and functional with respect to amsha chart?

I mean to ask about karakas playing role in different amsha charts?

Regards

Swapnil

Certain

Post by Certain » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 am

a word of applaud for all of you Vivekji , Raman Ji , Rishi Rahulji, swapnilji.Very nice attempt , i really enjoyed reading all lessons.I wud be regularly visiting this section.

gaonkarswapnil

Rebirth

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Past few days i am listening PVR lessons in mp3 format there it was mentioned that in a amsha kundli (i dont remeber exactly which amsa kundli ) placement of rahu in an house says the reason why the person was reborn

And the reason to put in query is that in panchanga thread you have explained me the thiti calculation also shows the purpose of rebirth for a native

So sir can you please explain realtion between this two methods

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Re: Rebirth

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Raahu is said to be the cause of rebirth (unfulfilled desires) and hence along with its polar half is called Karmic planets. This is what PVRN ji must have had in mind. The other half is the Kaaraka for Moksha and everybody's life oscillates between these two extremes. Raahu will show the issues of desire which impels a native towards action and these actions in turn may bind the native more in this Samsaara.
An eminent Jyotish of the recent past shri M C Jain has written exhaustively on this topic.
Whereas the Raashi shown by the Tithi calculation shows the Purpose of creation of the particular native. Each birth has a purpose and this is not an individual purpose but more of an universal one. The two parent principle came together to create for a specific purpose. We try to gauge this purpose from the Tithi calculations given.
these are deep concepts and need great Manana.

RishiRahul and vivek.

P.S. Tjhere are a couple of Sanskrit words in this reply. Some may not be aware of its meaning. It is better to look up an online Sanskrit dictionary.

Past few days i am listening PVR lessons in mp3 format there it was mentioned that in a amsha kundli (i dont remeber exactly which amsa kundli ) placement of rahu in an house says the reason why the person was reborn

And the reason to put in query is that in panchanga thread you have explained me the thiti calculation also shows the purpose of rebirth for a native

So sir can you please explain realtion between this two methods

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 am

Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
Can you kindly mention how we suppose to relate
D-1 to divisional charts..I am feeling this chapter is still not fully complete...

Mainly matter is related to technical point of view and not much related to
relationship of Amsha chart to D-1 and how to understand them....

Can you help with this one too....:-)
I know i asked too many questions......but just using my time whenever
i get little free ;-) to go thru chapters..

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”