Lesson - 14. AMSHA KUNDALIS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Namaskaar prasanna ji,
If we may add a few more things to our reply, Each and every Amsha Kundali and  there are variants of many amsha kundalis, have practical uses and are very important to give detailed guidance to a native.
Many Amsha kundalis have multiple ways of reckoning, like for example there are four or more variants of D-3 (Dreshkaana) chart and they all have specific uses.
RishiRahul and vivek.
prasanna wrote:Dear Rishiji & Vivekji,  Namashkar.

I read this Lesson on  Divisional charts once now. The same lesson i saw in PVR ji's book too.But while reading this lesson i got a doubt, that among these Divisional  charts, normally how many charts are in practical use?  Is every astrologer  able to make all these charts for predictions?   If so one must take how much time for one single chart's prediction?  Please Give me reply. Dont mind i am asking  u unnecessary questions. Out of curiosity i am asking u this now.Thanks.

Regards,

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanks for the extra informations Vivekji and Rishiji.

Pranams,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Dear Rishirahul ji and Vivek ji,
We are going very well with the lesson but just thought of putting in something about which i was getting curious.
How to go about judging divisional chart .
What i actually mean is how to relate it with D-1 and understand what divisional chart is revealing.

Though i do understand that u have written "To be continued " in the end of lessons  but just thought of asking you coz til now whatever has ben mentioned is mainly related to technical existence and what to judge from divisonal chart and so on

How to judge is not mentioned so just thought of cuming up with this....Coz it is generally relation of D-1 with divisional chart which is most confusing and controversial

Thanking you,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Rishirahul ji and Vivek ji,
We are going very well with the lesson but just thought of putting in something about which i was getting curious.
How to go about judging divisional chart .
What i actually mean is how to relate it with D-1 and understand what divisional chart is revealing.

Though i do understand that u have written "To be continued " in the end of lessons  but just thought of asking you coz til now whatever has ben mentioned is mainly related to technical existence and what to judge from divisonal chart and so on

How to judge is not mentioned so just thought of cuming up with this....Coz it is generally relation of D-1 with divisional chart which is most confusing and controversial

Thanking you,
Raman

Namashkaar Ramanji,

Do have patience till the story unfolds... slowly..., steadily... but surely.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:41 am

Dear Rishirahul ji,
Surely i will be waiting..I am really looking forward to this..
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Microscopic view of specific house in Rasi Chart = The Rasi chart is the body of the native and shows how he shall view this world and shall react to the various inputs from the environment. Other divisional charts as like a microscopic magnification of one of the aspects dealt with one specific house (at least) in the Rasi Chart. For example, the Dasamsa (D-10 Chart) shows the working environment of the individual and his career. In the Rasi Chart, the same is examined from the tenth house. Thus, the tenth house in the Rasi chart has expanded into another complete chart making the examination of events easier. Such a simultaneous examination of the Rasi Chart and any individual D-Chart is called the microscopic examination and essentially reveals hidden attributes and ways in which the native shall react to the inputs coming from the specific environment.

Independent view = The Divisional charts are independent aspects of the environment and hence, can be examined independent of the Rasi Chart as well. Such an independent examination reveals details of how the matters concerned exist, influence and change with time. It shows the changes in the environment itself. Whether a person is on leave or holiday, his office may continue to function and people may continue to do the things the do. Various changes like new regulations, orders, colleagues joining and leaving continue. These changes may affect the native directly or indirectly and the Dasamsa shall reveal all these changes.

Independent planetary dignity = The dignity of a planet like placement in exalted, own, friendly or debilitated sign in the D-chart has an independent say in the affairs related to the concerned chart. Say a planet is exalted in a quadrant in the Rasi chart and debilitated in a Dusthana in the Siddhamsa and say that the dasa of the said planet were to function in childhood. Then we would one naughty child in our hands who would have excellent health, running around all the time and refusing to study (Siddhamsa the D-24 chart shows the education environment and its impact). The exception being the Navamsa (D-9 Chart) where the dignities of the planets shall directly affect those in the Rasi Chart. These include:
1. Neechabhanga: A planet placed in debility (Neecha) in the Rasi chart, if exalted in the Navamsa results in Neechabhanga or cancellation (Bhanga) of debility. It indicates a sudden rise in fortune.
2. Ucchabhanga: A planet placed in exaltation (Uccha) in the Rasi chart, if placed in debility in the Navamsa chart results in Ucchabhanga or cancellation of exaltation. It indicates a sudden reversal in fortune.
3. Vargottama: A planet/Lagna placed in the same sign in the Rasi and Navamsa is said to have the privileged status of being Vargottama and shall generally give very beneficial results.

Parasara’s Shodasa Varga

The Shodasa Varga (or Sixteen Chart) scheme11 of Parasara employs the most vital 16 charts. They are =
5. Rasi (D-1: Physical body),
6. Hora (D-2: Wealth),
7. Drekkana (D-3: Co-born),
8. Chaturthamsa (D-4, fortune, properties),
9. Saptamsa (D-7: children),
10. Navamsa (D-9: Self & spouse),
11. Dasamsa (D-10: Power, Career & Profession),

Dusthana = The evil houses, namely 6,8 & 12 house.

Navamsa = also called the Dharma-amsa. After a person dies, only Dharma follows him to the next life. It is for this reason the Navamsa has the power to alter, upset or trengthen the Rasi chart based on the dignities and placement of planets in it. It gives the blessings or curses we have carried forward from an unclosed Karmic account.

Other schemes depending on the extent and depth of study to be done on the chart. The scheme of Jaimini adds the Shastamsa (D-6: enemies), Rudramsa (D-11) and Panchamamsa (D-5) charts to the Parasari scheme and thus, does not deviate from the
primary usage of the divisional charts. Some other later day astrologers advise the use of Dasavarga (Ten divisional charts: Jataka Parijatha) while others recommend Shadvarga (Six divisional charts) and Saptavarga (Seven divisional chart) schemes. Some have also differed on the method of construction of the divisional charts while others have differed on its usage like recommending the Drekkana (D-3 chart) for Karmaphala (Results of deeds or profession) instead of co-born.

12. Dwadasamsa (D-12: Parents & elders),
13. Kalamsa (D-16: Vehicles, all luxuries & happiness),
14. Vimsamsa (D-20: Worship and spiritualism),
15. Siddhamsa (D-24: Education & all learning),
16. Bhamsa (D-27: strengths & weaknesses),
17. Trimsamsa (D-30: all evils),
18. Khavedamsa (D-40: Matrilineal Karma showing good /bad),
19. Akshavedamsa (D-45: Patrilineal karma showing good/bad) and
20. Shastyamsa (D-60: Own past Karma showing good/bad).

The Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra gives the names and presiding deities of these divisions of the zodiac. According to Satyacharya’s principle for Vimsottari dasa, the dasa lord acts as the Sun, the antardasa lord acts like the Moon and the Pratyantar dasa lord acts as the Lagna. The divisional deities provide the clue to propitiation during the Vimsottari dasa and sub-periods.

During a particular antardasa if native suffers from a setback in career, the deity of the Dasamsa (D-10 chart) occupied by the planet governing the antardasa should be propitiated for immediate relief.

......... End of Preliminaries.........

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

kumar69

Query regarding use of D-x charts

Post by kumar69 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:42 am

Dear rishirahulji and vivekji

It was enlightening to go through all the divisional charts. But how to use them are there any rules regarding to using these divisional charts.
   Please clarify some of my doubts regarding this(i am trying to visualize the whole thing )

Suppose we are looking at a chart regarding career

Then in the first place we will look at the 10th house in D-1

1. if the cusp of the 10th house is in leo in the D-1 ,and its lord is in Saggitarius (fairly well placed Sun)-  can we say it is a fairly good career - may be administration etc.

2. Now if the Sun is in Virgo navamsa - then it modifies the above placement of sun ( it makes it weak) - in what way Does it modify the career statement - as the D-9 is about dharma will that show some business(mercurial) karma??

3. Now the same sun if it is placed in Gemini in the D-10 in the 12th bhava
How does it modify the above statement - will it say that the persons career is doomed. or will it be doomed when ever the period of su comes into picture(dasa / antardasa) - i.e. he will get a down fall / loss a position as it is a 12th house placement of giving up/losses.

will this indicate that the placement of Sun in D-10 override the Placement of sun in D-1/D-9 ? for career matters.

How does this placement of sun (MKS) affect the D-1 placement of Sun (career)?

please clarify my doubts. How does the placement of a planet in various bhavas of the D-x scheme function. As the initial statement we start with in the D-1 chart gets modified as we peek deep into through these magnifing D - glasses(charts)

regards

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 am

Dear Rishirahul ji and Vivek ji,

I have read this before also :-
1. Neechabhanga: A planet placed in debility (Neecha) in the Rasi chart, if exalted in the Navamsa results in Neechabhanga or cancellation (Bhanga) of debility. It indicates a sudden rise in fortune.
2. Ucchabhanga: A planet placed in exaltation (Uccha) in the Rasi chart, if placed in debility in the Navamsa chart results in Ucchabhanga or cancellation of exaltation. It indicates a sudden reversal in fortune.
And always thought of this things that some how do not you think that divisional charts excluding D-1 :-)  works more with the age i.e. they start showing their effect as you grow older..
Coz as mentioned that (in case of uchabhange yoga) you will grow  in Fortune coz of exhaltation in D-1 and if it is showing debilition in D-9 or any other divisional chart it will result in REVERSAL...So first you will grow and then other way

I have always thought of this view,though i do understand divisional charts help in microscopic understanding of native and thus situation.. But dont you think that they start playing MORE part in their life as native start grows older.

Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Namashkaar kumar 69ji,

The lessons on Divisional charts is not yet concluded and there is much more to it. Do not underestimate the usage of divisional charts and have patience to be able to learn them.

Presently we are at the basic level of learning. Your query will be answered as we get along more with the lesson.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Rishirahul ji and Vivek ji,

I have read this before also :-
And always thought of this things that some how do not you think that divisional charts excluding D-1 :-)  works more with the age i.e. they start showing their effect as you grow older..
Coz as mentioned that (in case of uchabhange yoga) you will grow  in Fortune coz of exhaltation in D-1 and if it is showing debilition in D-9 or any other divisional chart it will result in REVERSAL...So first you will grow and then other way

I have always thought of this view,though i do understand divisional charts help in microscopic understanding of native and thus situation.. But dont you think that they start playing MORE part in their life as native start grows older.

Regards,
Raman

Namashkaar Ramanji,

The above regarding Ucchabhanga and Neechabhanga is very correct even while applying it in Jyotish. Also that they help very much in microscopical understanding of native and situation.... which will be explained in further lessons.

A planet debilitated in rasi and exalted in Navamsa can lift a native. Lifts and downfalls are guaged in this fashion. The divisional chart is the pivot of the main or Raasi chart.
A planet in the Raasi chart is loaded with some potential energy. How much potential energy? and in which sphere? depends upon the position in the divisional chart.
Obviously, the effect of the Raasi chart after being felt.. will graduate to the effect of the divisional or Varga chart.

Such an effect is markedly felt only if the difference is extreme like debilitation, exaltation and vice versa. There are other variables to it... so better we graduate to the next level/levels.... patiently,

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Dear Rishiji and vivekji,  Namashkar,

Thanks  for your elaborate answers on Utcha banga ,  neecha banga and divisional charts.  We will wait  to  learn  more  in coming lessons.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

Was going thru the topic few doubts came across Sorry if the doubt is silly

As D1 is the main chart . Why D9 is given prime importance next to D1 as even i found mentioned in BHPS that in some cases planets positions in D9 should also me seen to check in particular condition
Why not D10 as in some articles i have gone thru its mentions the karma bhava is most important as if we do good karma every thing will be fine?

IF D9 is for spouse/ partner then what does the 12 houses in D9 represents for eg: As in D1 1st house denotes tanu bhava of native then what does 1st hosue of D9 denotes if it is same tanu bhava does it denotes spouse/partner physical characteristics

And same about D7 chart for child

Do functional malefic and benific still depends on D1 or depends on lagna of chart that is considered

Same about like to know what bhava denotes for charts in considerations are if for education chart what does 1st hosue mean

I have few more doubts will post later

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
These are not at all silly questions. These are very relevant queries which every learner should ask first to her/him self and then to others till the answers satisfy oneself.
So, since the question was raised by you, means you have given the topic some real serious thought. You may have some answers howsoever vague. First we would like to hear your take on this.
Swapnil ji you are on the right track. please dont stop halfway.
RishiRahul and vivek.  
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

Was going thru the topic few doubts came across Sorry if the doubt is silly

As D1 is the main chart . Why D9 is given prime importance next to D1 as even i found mentioned in BHPS that in some cases planets positions in D9 should also me seen to check in particular condition
Why not D10 as in some articles i have gone thru its mentions the karma bhava is most important as if we do good karma every thing will be fine?

IF D9 is for spouse/ partner then what does the 12 houses in D9 represents for eg: As in D1 1st house denotes tanu bhava of native then what does 1st hosue of D9 denotes if it is same tanu bhava does it denotes spouse/partner physical characteristics

And same about D7 chart for child

Do functional malefic and benific still depends on D1 or depends on lagna of chart that is considered

Same about like to know what bhava denotes for charts in considerations are if for education chart what does 1st hosue mean

I have few more doubts will post later

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Thank you and please don't address me with ji sir i am way to young.

Well practically thinking as i am i think the same bhavas are there as in D1 but with respect to the particular amsa kundli as far i have gone thru some articels related to this i mean for kundli related to a person which i mean by D9 D7

In which for eg in D9 it may donate 1st bhava as partner physical feature 7th may be interaction with native 4 th may be fortune or interaction with family members 11th may donate labh to native from partner and same may be there but with respect to child in D7 but problem here is what if multiple childrens

But i am confused about the charts about amsa kundalis related to career fortune where person is not related as in D9 and D7 for example here what must tanu bhava be related for

I have some rough idea that if in D10 planets positions denotes the career related to particular planet but again here again if in D1 chart has say some functional benfic with respect to lagna and if same planest are functional benific with respect to lagna of amsa kundli what should be the considered

If D24 is for happiness from vehicle (I have again read it in an articel) how was it decided and how the placement of planets decides it May be in vedic days it must be related to cattels and carts

A condition :- If in natives D9 if there is condition  partner will die early and in partners D1 if there is condition that that particular native has long life what should be considered here in general or If in natives D1 has condition of early death of partner and partner has longevity condition in D1 what should be predicted

One more observation after D12 charts nodes do not follow 7 house apart rule

** correct me if i am wrong

Sorry for asking to many questions

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 am

** correct me if i am wrong

Sorry for asking to many questions
Dont worry about it Swapnil....

you r in a right place to ask questions...

Infact we were waiting for this....................... :-D..
Trust me on this ..
Questions asked by you are quite relative.....
One more observation after D12 charts nodes do not follow 7 house apart rule
Just wanna to ask do you know the calculation behind D-9 or Navamsa or any other varga chart..I mean how they r derived from D-1 chart..Try to find it...
It may lead to answer of your this question...

I will try to reply to your other queries(if time permits)if Vivek ji or Rishirahul ji wont get back soon...:-)

Its always nice to get reply from them..directly :-)

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”