Lesson - 14. AMSHA KUNDALIS

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:45 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

Give me time i try to attempt abt leo lagna

vivek and RishiRahul=We are waiting.

I was trying to figure about chara karakas only, as there in ketu is not considered

vivek and RishiRahul=Ketu signifies moksha karak or insight. Also thesense of 'guptashatru' or secret enemies etc.
We has mentioned that Vargottama increases the planets significations.

Yes ketu can be vargottam, if not wrong if ketu / mars vargottam in scorpio for dhanu lagna which also happen to be vargottama then person will attend moksha.

vivek and RishiRahul=Can we judge whether a native will attain moksha without looking at the birth chart.
A mokshakaraka should get peace finally. Do you think that Mars/Ketu in a sign as Scorpio would assist it.

I think if vargottam planet also happens to be one of charakaraka native may have good blessing with respect to it eg if MK is vargottam he may get very good mother even if it is badly placed in rashi and D9

OR

May be that bhava or rashi must be blessed

Regards

Swapnil

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

vivek and RishiRahul=Can we judge whether a native will attain moksha without looking at the birth chart.
A mokshakaraka should get peace finally. Do you think that Mars/Ketu in a sign as Scorpio would assist it.

I happen to read a article of rafal gendraz ji on ista devta there it was mentioned that 12th lord of D9 chart should be looked in be prayed for person to attain moksha

so i mentioned the example of dhanu lagna ( vargottam ) and if mars / ketu is vargottam too then it may be the case

And i have also found the mention that vargottama planet connects D1 with D9 , so i thought it would apply that way

Again correct me if am wrong

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 am

Namashkaar Swapnilji,

We repeat the same question that.....Can we judge whether a native will attain moksha without looking at the birth chart.
A mokshakaraka should get peace finally. Do you think that Mars/Ketu in a sign as Scorpio would assist it?....

Whatever you happen to read or google is in its place...we are to give hints and help in forming good logic.

For moksha there are so many factors; but our present is topic is vargottama.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:35 pm

namaskaar Swapnil ji and other learners.
Vargottama gives some sort of fame due to the trait (Guna) of the Vargottama Graha. This is it - period. Dont try to mix it with other principles like - Charakaaraka etc. this will not at all help in reading.
Remember use the tool for what it was made for. Dont use a Screwdriver as a hammer.  
RishiRahul and vivek

Give me time i try to attempt abt leo lagna

I was trying to figure about chara karakas only, as there in ketu is not considered

Yes ketu can be vargottam, if not wrong if ketu / mars vargottam in scorpio for dhanu lagna which also happen to be vargottama then person will attend moksha

I think if vargottam planet also happens to be one of charakaraka native may have good blessing with respect to it eg if MK is vargottam he may get very good mother even if it is badly placed in rashi and D9

OR

May be that bhava or rashi must be blessed

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Leo lagna example

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

As said to try about leo lagna below is my thinking

In D1 chart it is in 7th kumbha native may have interactions with knowledgeable peoples or he may be liking intellectual type of company here i mention about kumbha which also denotes pot of knowledge Guru also lord of 5th and 8th here which may be not good as it is 3rd from 5th and 12th from 8th but guru in shani rashi is good , guru also has dristi on lagna , 3rd and 11th here

For D9 it may be like native intellectually handles kama things as it is in 7th and dristi on lagna, 3rd and 11th

Since lagna and guru is vargottam he may be intelligent and may be blessed with long life (As mentioned by vivek ji in previous post)

Guru drisiti on 11th mithun may be good and 3rd tula may be not good

Pls comment if my understanding is right or wrong

Regards

Swapnil

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Dear Rishiji and Vivek ji,

I asked this question because in this situation where jupiter is 8th lord , retrograde and situated in 7th house ...which says a curse from previous life ...a karmic debt....so does this vargottam position mitigates this curse or strengthens it.I read somewhere 8th lord retrograde gives curse beyond the capabilities of remedies to work on or for.

I dont know why do I felt that it shud be strengthening curse but when I read the blessings on vargottama as mentioned by vivekji...then it felt blessings always nullify the curses so may be initially a damage from curse and then eventually tapering off the evil influence.

Regards

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am

Certain wrote:Rsihirahul ji, I know my endeavour gets misinterpreted for ego , i havent any actually, my living in west actually keeps confusing me here and there, Sometimes It doesnt occur to me whom I am talking to and what kind of address wud be apt (ill effect of multi tasking actually).I am sorry for any kind of off-track behaviour if I have ever shown unknowingly.
I am spiritually a down to earth person. And please pardon me for future too because i might land up doing it again though I wud try best not to do it again.Life changes a person attitude towards many things.Here in West we call name of a person without any form of respect but  deep inside heart we respect them a lot even when it doesnt show up with any kind of verbal phrase.In India, even after many superficial phrases of respect people inside heart dont respect elders.
I am exposed to many cultures here so somehow have started believing that eventualy what lies in heart matters , rest is conditioning, that is probably that is what lands up showing here and there.
Anyways I am sorry about anything i did ,landed up hurting anyone.

I have one more query , and that is what if this vargottam jupiter is retrograde in D1 , wud it alter or improve the status of Jupiter.

Namashkaar Certainji,

No! it is that we meant. It is just that 'Sir' in the LEARNING forum would not be perfectly proper.

We would wish anything from your true feelings.

Vargottama Jupiter in D1 is like a confirmation that Vargottama Jupiter is there... meaning such a native gets the effects of vargottama Jupiter in 7th house strongly.

Such a Jupiter is very much concerned about right and wrong in life/marriage as those issues come up in their life often.

Curses are an advanced topic and we will come to it later.

vivek and RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Leo lagna example

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:22 am

As said to try about leo lagna below is my thinking

In D1 chart it is in 7th kumbha native may have interactions with knowledgeable peoples or he may be liking intellectual type of company here i mention about kumbha which also denotes pot of knowledge Guru also lord of 5th and 8th here which may be not good as it is 3rd from 5th and 12th from 8th but guru in shani rashi is good , guru also has dristi on lagna , 3rd and 11th here

For D9 it may be like native intellectually handles kama things as it is in 7th and dristi on lagna, 3rd and 11th

Since lagna and guru is vargottam he may be intelligent and may be blessed with long life (As mentioned by vivek ji in previous post)

Guru drisiti on 11th mithun may be good and 3rd tula may be not good

Pls comment if my understanding is right or wrong

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnilji,

The lesson is on Vargottama and its understanding, in regard to amshas.

Guru is about wisdom and truth (right/wrong and the like).

Although it is not prt of the present topic. Why is Guru's aspect on Tula bad?

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 am

RishiRahul wrote: Namashkaar Certainji,

No! it is that we meant. It is just that 'Sir' in the LEARNING forum would not be perfectly proper.

We would wish anything from your true feelings.

Vargottama Jupiter in D1 is like a confirmation that Vargottama Jupiter is there... meaning such a native gets the effects of vargottama Jupiter in 7th house strongly.

Such a Jupiter is very much concerned about right and wrong in life/marriage as those issues come up in their life often.

Curses are an advanced topic and we will come to it later.

vivek and RishiRahul
Ji Rishurahul ji, I get your point.Thanks a lot for elaborating about vargottama jupiter too.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Namaskaar SG ji,
Where did you read that this constitutes a curse?
Why should it show some curse?
Vargottama is a blessing ( we repeat ourselves again) due to a deity and is said to give the guna of the graha. This guna is a contributing factor to the natives name and fame. Nothing more, nothing less.
This vargottama graha may be involved in many other yogas in a chart but the result of vargottama is not altered, nor does the vargottama alter the result of the other yogas it is involved in.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Certain wrote:Dear Rishiji and Vivek ji,

I asked this question because in this situation where jupiter is 8th lord , retrograde and situated in 7th house ...which says a curse from previous life ...a karmic debt....so does this vargottam position mitigates this curse or strengthens it.I read somewhere 8th lord retrograde gives curse beyond the capabilities of remedies to work on or for.

I dont know why do I felt that it shud be strengthening curse but when I read the blessings on vargottama as mentioned by vivekji...then it felt blessings always nullify the curses so may be initially a damage from curse and then eventually tapering off the evil influence.

Regards

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Please read Rafal ji's article again. Does he say 12th from the navaamsha lagna show moksha? or does he speaks of some other point of reference?
reading and proper reading are something totally different.
For a start re- read all the lessons and all the subsequent post in them.
we think you may have missed some posts.
RishiRahul and vivek.

I happen to read a article of rafal gendraz ji on ista devta there it was mentioned that 12th lord of D9 chart should be looked in be prayed for person to attain moksha

so i mentioned the example of dhanu lagna ( vargottam ) and if mars / ketu is vargottam too then it may be the case

And i have also found the mention that vargottama planet connects D1 with D9 , so i thought it would apply that way

Again correct me if am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:56 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar SG ji,
Where did you read that this constitutes a curse?
Why should it show some curse?
Vargottama is a blessing ( we repeat ourselves again) due to a deity and is said to give the guna of the graha. This guna is a contributing factor to the natives name and fame. Nothing more, nothing less.
This vargottama graha may be involved in many other yogas in a chart but the result of vargottama is not altered, nor does the vargottama alter the result of the other yogas it is involved in.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Certain wrote:Dear Rishiji and Vivek ji,

Regards
There was a link here in mysticboard too itself that says 8th house lord natural malefic ,if retrograde and afflicting some house gives a previous birth curse unmitagatable by remedies, while 5th house connection is mitigatable by remedies.It says kendra association might give auspicuous results eventually.That worried me actually a lot.My both sisters have 8th lords retrograde one has jupiter retrograde sitting on seventh house(that is vargottama) and she is divorced already.Other has same 8th house retrograde jupiter afflicting seventh lord in conjuction with rahu.She is twnety nine plus and still unmarried so...i thought may be this is participating as well.
There are certainly other indications too in horoscopes, i dont deny that. but ...
I will find the link .
Vivek ji, I wud be more than happy if doesnt give any curse or karmic debt.In this situation it suits to my peace of mind a lot to think that it doesnt.
Last edited by Certain on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Sir, i am unable to find one link.... but cud find other one........

http://grahas.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/ ... suffering/

I think I am  becoming a progenitor of all controversial inputs , I actually should stop. :)  and let go chapter unobstructed .It wud hinder other students as well unnecessarily.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:49 pm

namaskaar SG ji,
My understanding is that the 8th Bhaava shows debts in a chart. It is Nija Dosha, our own faults.
A curse is something very different.
8th lord sitting in the seventh is not conducive to the longevity of marriage.

we never mind any question which goes well with the general flow of the lesson.
RishiRahul and vivek
Certain wrote:Sir, i am unable to find one link.... but cud find other one........

http://grahas.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/ ... suffering/

I think I am  becoming a progenitor of all controversial inputs , I actually should stop. :)  and let go chapter unobstructed .It wud hinder other students as well unnecessarily.

deepakosho

Important question

Post by deepakosho » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Vivek ji / Rahul ji,

The Varga charts are wonderful but accuracy of birthtime is very very important the higher charts we go.

This brings importance of birthtime correction. May I humbly request you to start a thread  and shed some light on birthtime correction? JHora is very help changing the lagna (in divisions) but I ended up going in circles and got confused.

And when are you going to start lessons on Dasas and Transits? I am eagerly looking forward for lessons on dasas and transits.

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”