Lesson 15. Space and Time.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Re: The Deities assosiated.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:37 am

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
oops! The sentence should have been -
The time taken by Chandra to complete one circuit around the zodiac in days is roughly the same as Shani takes in years.
deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:There is a deep connection between Shani and Chandra. The rough time taken by Chandra around the zodiac is the same as Shani takes in years.
These two Grahas have a great say in our longevity.
Vivek ji / Rahul ji

I could not understand. which zodiac?

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

deepakosho

Re: The Deities assosiated.

Post by deepakosho » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:The time taken by Chandra to complete one circuit around the zodiac in days is roughly the same as Shani takes in years.
Can you explain which circuit / zodiac ? Hope I am not troubling you asking the same question again.

- Deepak
Last edited by deepakosho on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:08 am

Dear deepakji,

Our Vivekji is telling about the normal circuit of chandra and Shani over zodiac, as we all know Shani takes 30 years to complete one round  of  all 12 rasis , taking time of  2 and half years for each Rasi and  chandra takes roughly 30 days  to complete one round of  all the  rasis  by taking  2 and half days for each rasi.. So  Chandra is the fastest planet and shani is the slowest planet  . I trust my understanding is rite.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:49 am

Namaskaar Prasanna ji,
Correct.
RishiRahul and vivek.
prasanna wrote:Dear deepakji,

Our Vivekji is telling about the normal circuit of chandra and Shani over zodiac, as we all know Shani takes 30 years to complete one round  of  all 12 rasis , taking time of  2 and half years for each Rasi and  chandra takes roughly 30 days  to complete one round of  all the  rasis  by taking  2 and half days for each rasi.. So  Chandra is the fastest planet and shani is the slowest planet  . I trust my understanding is rite.

Regards,

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:23 am

Prasanna ji,

Thanks a lot.

- Deepak
prasanna wrote:Dear deepakji,

Regards,

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,

I have a few questions. Request you to clarify.
Grahas having Dig bala from Aaroodha Lagna show the physical direction suitable for the Native. Travel or residence in that direction is profitable.
My understanding is that we look at placement of grahas wrt AL and see which one has max digbala. Hypothetically if Guru is in AL, Chandra in 4th from AL, Shani in 7th from AL and Surya in 10th from AL, then Surya will be the strongest. Am I right?

Also the other question that keeps tormenting me is does the graha lead us to that direction or do we take the direction of the graha to benefit from it.

Also I have come across people saying "sit facing x direction, your business will prosper.." . I assume this is based on the same concept. In the example where Sun has highest digbala do we sit facing EAST (receiving directional energy) or facing WEST (getting carried by directional energy)

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

I have a few questions. Request you to clarify.
Grahas having Dig bala from Aaroodha Lagna show the physical direction suitable for the Native. Travel or residence in that direction is profitable.
My understanding is that we look at placement of grahas wrt AL and see which one has max digbala. Hypothetically if Guru is in AL, Chandra in 4th from AL, Shani in 7th from AL and Surya in 10th from AL, then Surya will be the strongest. Am I right?
It would be one lucky Kundali to have. All directions turn fruitful and success guaranteed! hypothsis apart, we have to see the strenghts and placement of the two or more Grahas so placed. Also the Dashaas.

Also the other question that keeps tormenting me is does the graha lead us to that direction or do we take the direction of the graha to benefit from it.
The Dashaas! but as Jyotishis we may also make the jaataka aware of the advantage.

Also I have come across people saying "sit facing x direction, your business will prosper.." . I assume this is based on the same concept. In the example where Sun has highest digbala do we sit facing EAST (receiving directional energy) or facing WEST (getting carried by directional energy)
We are not sure of the reason, it may be based on some other criteria.

CRS
RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

While you have explained some uses of digchakra, how do we use kaalachakra? The association of thithis with planets had already been covered in Panchaanga lesson.

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
There are multiple uses of the kaalachakra.
One of the primary uses of this is that it shows us as to how to utilize the day.
Divide the whole day of 24 hours into 8 parts, starting from 6 o'clock in the morning each 1\8 th part will be ruled as per the kaalachakra.
the first 3 hours is ruled by the Surya, next is ruled by Mangal, followed by Guru, Bhudha, Shukra, Shani, Chandra and Raahu respectively.
During the day the activity shown by the Graha ruling the Kaala for that part of the day is beneficial and will give good results.
Many adepts adapted themselves according to the kaalachakra for their daily routine.

Rishirahul and vivek.

While you have explained some uses of digchakra, how do we use kaalachakra? The association of thithis with planets had already been covered in Panchaanga lesson.

CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 am

Dear Vivek ji

You asked question abt lord ramas direction he followed correct if my thinking is right or wrong as per the dig chakra mangal denotes south, lord rama went to south from his birth place to fight ravana here mangal shows fighting and in lords chart sun is there in 10th so does this shows lord going to south to fight made him famous for the deeds he did

Here you mentioned about digbala is it same as directional strength or can we say that dig is space and kaal is time

here my question is for what purpose digbala is used (I mean is it just to look a favorable direction to go )suppose for kumbha lagna shani is in 7th shima and suppose mesha lagna shani in tula 7th so i suppose digbala is only related to direction will both case show same digbala my doubt in mind is that in 2nd case shani is uchaa and happy in 7th but not favourable to lagna and in 1st shani is lagnesha but not in friendly rashi

I am still searching for answer about mahakala worshiping prevents shani from harming native is it like that mahakala is every thing as it is space and time if it is so then worshipping him will also prevent other planets harming or better we say will protect

In the post titled opposite can we deduce that sun = govt = politics, will be happy in karma bhava to do politics in work place if it is in 4th no one like politics at home so person with sun in 4th makes native to hate politics

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Our replies below.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

You asked question abt lord ramas direction he followed correct if my thinking is right or wrong as per the dig chakra mangal denotes south, lord rama went to south from his birth place to fight ravana here mangal shows fighting and in lords chart sun is there in 10th so does this shows lord going to south to fight made him famous for the deeds he did

Here you mentioned about digbala is it same as directional strength or can we say that dig is space and kaal is time
What does the word Dig or Dik mean in Sanskrit?
here my question is for what purpose digbala is used (I mean is it just to look a favorable direction to go )
There are two kinds of directions - one is the external direction and another one is the internal directions.
Every Graha shows a Path for a person to take. So all vocations can be listed in these nine/ten directions.

suppose for kumbha lagna shani is in 7th shima and suppose mesha lagna shani in tula 7th so i suppose digbala is only related to direction will both case show same digbala my doubt in mind is that in 2nd case shani is uchaa and happy in 7th but not favourable to lagna and in 1st shani is lagnesha but not in friendly rashi
[Wait for the Graha Bala (Shaddhbala) lesson.

I am still searching for answer about mahakala worshiping prevents shani from harming native is it like that mahakala is every thing as it is space and time if it is so then worshipping him will also prevent other planets harming or better we say will protect
where did you read about worshipping Mahaakaala to overcome Shani? Mahaakaala is to strengthen Shani or we can say, Mahaakaala is to enliven Shani.

In the post titled opposite can we deduce that sun = govt = politics, will be happy in karma bhava to do politics in work place if it is in 4th no one like politics at home so person with sun in 4th makes native to hate politics

Regards

Swapnil
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Let us expand this a bit more.
The whole Day from 6 am to the next morning 6am is divided into eight parts.
The first part is ruled by Surya (eastern direction). Hence the activity favored is going to the temple, praying etc.
The second part is ruled by mangal (south east), A time for strenuous physical workout, energy level is maximum.
Third part is ruled by Guru. Recite lord Vishnu's name/s. eat well.
Fourth part is ruled by Budha. This is a time for play as well as for learning.
fifth part is ruled by Shukra. A time for pleasures and to spend time with spouse. finish food by this time.
Sixth part is ruled by shani. Time for rest and sleep.  
good time for Tapasyaa.
Seventh is rued by chandra. It is a time to rest the mind, . yogis spend this time meditating for perfect mind control.
The last part is ruled by Raahu. this is the time when theives are most active as most people are fast asleep and almost like dead. This is the time of Brahma Muhuratha, A wise person does japa during this time, trying to get out of the clutches of Raahu.
Again the day dawns with Sun infusing life with his golden rays.

The wise follows the Kaalachakra as it is the natural order of things. Other ignore it at their own peril.

RishiRahul and vivek.
vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar CRS ji,
There are multiple uses of the kaalachakra.
One of the primary uses of this is that it shows us as to how to utilize the day.
Divide the whole day of 24 hours into 8 parts, starting from 6 o'clock in the morning each 1\8 th part will be ruled as per the kaalachakra.
the first 3 hours is ruled by the Surya, next is ruled by Mangal, followed by Guru, Bhudha, Shukra, Shani, Chandra and Raahu respectively.
During the day the activity shown by the Graha ruling the Kaala for that part of the day is beneficial and will give good results.
Many adepts adapted themselves according to the kaalachakra for their daily routine.

Rishirahul and vivek.

CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Dear Vivek ji

I dont know meaning of dig and dik in sanskrit but only understood till now that Dig means space and Dik means direction (I refered your earlier post to find meaning as u mentioned that dig chakra means wheel of space and dik paal means guardians of direction)

Correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:51 pm

namaskaar swapnil ji,
find out the meaning, refer to a dictionary. many are available online.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

I dont know meaning of dig and dik in sanskrit but only understood till now that Dig means space and Dik means direction (I refered your earlier post to find meaning as u mentioned that dig chakra means wheel of space and dik paal means guardians of direction)

Correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Dear Vivek Ji

I tried to google the word meaning but the problem is when ever i search i find both mean one and the same can you pls give me link for sanskrit dictionary for now here is what i found from googling

dik — open space; SB 2.2.4
dik — the controller of directions; SB 2.5.30
dik — the directions; SB 4.5.10
dik — directions; SB 5.26.40

'Dig' meaning direction

Regards

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”