Lesson 15. Space and Time.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

The Astah dala Padma.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Namaskaar all,
The eight horizontal directions are also shown as the eight petals of a Lotus. You will find many yantras encircled by them. The Shri Yantra is a famous example.

see the attached image.
RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Dear VIvekji, Namashkar,

I think this Sri Chakra and Maha Meru Yantra or Upasana are one and the same. There must be Ashta dalas or 16 dala padmas to be  kept in Devi  worship.
I read.    Sri Chakra usually consists of total 44 lines or cones or triangles inside this.  I am used to chant     Thithi  Nithya Devi Gayathri mantras of 15 Devis in All Fridays.   I feel Hridaya kamalam,  is the one of the drawing arts  we used to draw on all fri days before DEVI which also contains the same petals . We used to call this art as kolam in  Tamil nadu.   Every day w e are used to draw, Navagraha kolam in front of Moorthys while worshiping Nava grahas. The friday KOlam resembles this Sri chakra . Whenever I count this triangles,  I confuse with the  number of triangles, as to whether  they are 44 in total or 64 .?    Please explain  in detail . And here my doubt is , what is the relevance of this Ashta dala padma here in this 15 th lesson.?  I  just shared my views about Sri chakra now and waiting to learn more about this .  Thanks for posting this beautiful Ashta dala padma or Sri chakra here .

Pranams,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 am

namaskaar Prasanna ji,
The Sri Chakra was attached just as an example and almost every yantra has this enclosure of the Asthadala padma. The connection of the Asthadala Padma and this lesson is that the digchakra is also a Astha dala Padma.

RishiRahul and vivek.
prasanna wrote:Dear VIvekji, Namashkar,

I think this Sri Chakra and Maha Meru Yantra or Upasana are one and the same. There must be Ashta dalas or 16 dala padmas to be  kept in Devi  worship.
I read.    Sri Chakra usually consists of total 44 lines or cones or triangles inside this.  I am used to chant     Thithi  Nithya Devi Gayathri mantras of 15 Devis in All Fridays.   I feel Hridaya kamalam,  is the one of the drawing arts  we used to draw on all fri days before DEVI which also contains the same petals . We used to call this art as kolam in  Tamil nadu.   Every day w e are used to draw, Navagraha kolam in front of Moorthys while worshiping Nava grahas. The friday KOlam resembles this Sri chakra . Whenever I count this triangles,  I confuse with the  number of triangles, as to whether  they are 44 in total or 64 .?    Please explain  in detail . And here my doubt is , what is the relevance of this Ashta dala padma here in this 15 th lesson.?  I  just shared my views about Sri chakra now and waiting to learn more about this .  Thanks for posting this beautiful Ashta dala padma or Sri chakra here .

Pranams,

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:59 am

Thanks vivekji and Rishiji for making  me understand the relevance of Ashta dala padma to the current topic.  I know  now, you are referring this Chakra to the  8 digs, means 8 directions  ( south , east, north  west and northeast, south west  ....south central, and one more i am not getting   it rite now. Let me think over this . Only Indian  Railways zonal divisions are coming to my mind now and not this Ashta digs. Sorry for this.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

vivekvshetty

Chariot of Surya.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:39 am

Namaskaar All,
Different Puraanas describe the chariots of the Grahas differently. Surya is said to ride a chariot with only one wheel and drawn by seven horses.
The wheel is the Kaalachakra.
The kaala chakra is not all auspicious and there are some very negative energies associated with it. As Jyotish we should steer clear from all negative energies located in the Kaalachakra. In fact we are advised to not even name the energy levels (The negative ones) because naming them is invoking them.

The Wheel of Time moves and the Axel does not move, the wheel is the territory of the Divine mother, this is her game field and we all are turned, twisted or tossed aside by here divine play.The upward direction of the axel are the Heavens or the upper Lokas ( Bhuvar, Swarga, Mahar, Janah, Tapah and Satya).
the Vertical downward direction of the Axel are the Tala (the nether world) we have to keep clear from this.

See the attachment for the Kaalachakra.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Namaskaar All,
The learner should not confuse the Dig Chakra with the KaalaChakra. The Grahas are distributed differently in the Kaalachakra and the learner should remember them.
We have already studied the various Tithis and the Grahas ruling them. Now draw the Kaalachakra and write the Tithis next to the Grahas.
Upload it as a reply.
The lesson moves forward only after this.
RishiRahul and vivek.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:42 am

Dear Viekji and Rishirahul ji,
I got 3 questions:-

1.You have not mentioned directions in Kala chakra.Though it is quite evident that distribution is different but like you have mentioned in Digchakra about directions of planets , you have not mentioned about directions represented by planets in Kalachakra.

2.Why lagna though being prithvi tatwa is also associated to aakash tatwa also.

3.Why Aakash tatwa is not considerd while discribing different Raashis.We distribute raashis is agni,jala,prithvi and Vaayu but distribute planets is all 5 elements.Why so??
Is there somthing about Aakasha tatwa that we stay away from it ....

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 am

Dear Vivek ji,
I am putting here reply to your question.
I apologise for any mistakes...

Please also reply to my previous question in this chapter...

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Perfect.

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
That was just perfect, but we had a long wait.

RishiRahul and vivek

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:51 pm

True Vivek ji,
It was a late reply but i was just going thru the lessons once again otherwise
it was easy to see particular part of chapter and
reply but i thought to understanding that whole chapter and then reply ...
Coz otherwise it would have been of no real use for me...

Sincerely speaking since i could not understand the real use of Panchanga
Chapter thus i could not consume it fully..

Regards,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Now i hope you will move ahead in chapters.... :-)
:-D

Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
1) Time and space.
Space can be divided into directions, can we do the same to time?
Time is a feeling of motion and change. Ultimately both are concepts.
2)Lagna is the start because this is where the Bhaa Chakra rises.It is the starting point, the Horizon - where the Earth meets the sky. Also on a more deeper level.
3) the answer to this is related to the second question. Aakaash is the element which pervades everything and hence represents the Sarva Vyaapakeshwara. It is also the element which binds everything together.
The Aakaasha Tatwa is present in all the Raashis and is the factor that binds them together, hence it is not represented by any single of them.

Do you think there is something about the Aakaasha Tatwa we need to stay away from? indeed can we ever stay away from it?

RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Viekji and Rishirahul ji,
I got 3 questions:-

1.You have not mentioned directions in Kala chakra.Though it is quite evident that distribution is different but like you have mentioned in Digchakra about directions of planets , you have not mentioned about directions represented by planets in Kalachakra.

2.Why lagna though being prithvi tatwa is also associated to aakash tatwa also.

3.Why Aakash tatwa is not considerd while discribing different Raashis.We distribute raashis is agni,jala,prithvi and Vaayu but distribute planets is all 5 elements.Why so??
Is there somthing about Aakasha tatwa that we stay away from it ....

Regards,
Raman

deepakosho

Re: The Deities assosiated.

Post by deepakosho » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:43 pm

vivekvshetty wrote: West (Paschima,Pratichi or Apara) is Varuuna the God of Water, purity and cleanliness.

North West (Vaayavya) is Vaayu the wind god showing movement and strength.
Rishiji and vivekji,

Why is Sani associated with Varuna in west, isn't sani generally associated with Vayu tatwa?

Similarly NW chandra with vayu? Why this interchange?

vivekvshetty wrote:A native with Surya in the fourth will hate politics and politicians. Likewise read for other Grahas.
May be this explains why I hate politics :) My sun is in 3rd bhava.
vivekvshetty wrote: Grahas having Dig bala from Aaroodha Lagna show the physical direction suitable for the Native. Travel or residence in that direction is profitable.
As an Example Say  a chart has Guru in the first in Aaroodha Lagna then the native should try to travel North-East from his birth place to achieve success.  The reason for this is the Digbala of Guru in the Aaroodha Lagna.
Another example is , suppose Shani is in the seventh from Aaroodha Lagna then travel or residence towards West would be good.
But what if the AL has planets representing 2 or more direction? what happens here? you had mentioned that 10th lord gets precedence (if 10 lord is not in AL then can we take next closes graha - say 9th lord or 11th lord )?

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
There is a deep connection between Shani and Chandra. The rough time taken by Chandra around the zodiac is the same as Shani takes in years.
These two Grahas have a great say in our longevity.

As far your second query. Find the strongest amongst them w.r.t the other sources of strength. But then it may also depend on the Dashaas.
RishiRahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote: West (Paschima,Pratichi or Apara) is Varuuna the God of Water, purity and cleanliness.

North West (Vaayavya) is Vaayu the wind god showing movement and strength.
Rishiji and vivekji,

Why is Sani associated with Varuna in west, isn't sani generally associated with Vayu tatwa?

Similarly NW chandra with vayu? Why this interchange?

vivekvshetty wrote:A native with Surya in the fourth will hate politics and politicians. Likewise read for other Grahas.
May be this explains why I hate politics :) My sun is in 3rd bhava.
vivekvshetty wrote: Grahas having Dig bala from Aaroodha Lagna show the physical direction suitable for the Native. Travel or residence in that direction is profitable.
As an Example Say  a chart has Guru in the first in Aaroodha Lagna then the native should try to travel North-East from his birth place to achieve success.  The reason for this is the Digbala of Guru in the Aaroodha Lagna.
Another example is , suppose Shani is in the seventh from Aaroodha Lagna then travel or residence towards West would be good.
But what if the AL has planets representing 2 or more direction? what happens here? you had mentioned that 10th lord gets precedence (if 10 lord is not in AL then can we take next closes graha - say 9th lord or 11th lord )?

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:03 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:There is a deep connection between Shani and Chandra. The rough time taken by Chandra around the zodiac is the same as Shani takes in years.
These two Grahas have a great say in our longevity.
Vivek ji / Rahul ji

I could not understand. which zodiac?

Om Tat Sat,
Deepak

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”