Lesson 15. Space and Time.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Lesson 15. Space and Time.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:56 am

The Matrix.
Salutation to the Lord Mahakaala and His spouse mahaakaali.
Are Time and Space concepts?
Time and Space are the most basic concepts required for any event to manifest and jyotish is nothing but a study of events.  
Jyotish is a study of the qualities of Spatial Duration defined by the Bhaa Chakra. The Grahas are moving bodies on the Background of the Stars and to this is added the Movement of the Earth (Both Rotation and Revolution- Axial and around Surya).
In Jyotish classical texts and the scriptures of Satya Sanaatana there are mention of two wheels known as the Dik Chakra (Wheel of space) and Kaala Chakra (Wheel of time). The study of both these is essential not only to understand their implications on a Kundali but also to understand the interaction of these two very basic concepts. In fact these two are said to form the basis of many of the observances in the Satya Sanaatana. This is also very important for remedial measures.
We will take up the study of these individually and also see their mutual working.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Last edited by vivekvshetty on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

vivekvshetty

Dig Chakra.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm

The Grahas lording over the various directions is shown in the attachment.
Every student of Jyotish should know the  lords of directions at the tip of the tongue.
In The chart Grahas are said to have Dig Bala when placed in certain Kendras. This is based on the Tatwas of the Bhaavas and the Grahas.
!st Bhaava : Guru and Budha. !st Bhaava is taken to be Prithvi and Guru is Aakaasha, Budha is Prithvi.

4th Bhaava : Chandra and Shukra both Jala grahas.

7th Bhaava : Shani because it is Vaayu tatva.

10th Bhaava : Surya and Mangal both Agni Tatva.

This is closely connected to the Dig Chakra and its use as well as application will be shown.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

The vertical directions.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:59 am

Namaskaar all,
The vertically upward direction (Skywards) is ruled by Ketu and the vertically downward direction (below our feet) is ruled by the Lagna.

In the previous post we did not give the digbala sthanas (places of directional strength) for the nodes (Raahu and ketu).
There is a dictum which states 'Shani vad Raahu' and 'Kuja vad Ketu', which means that Raahu is akin to Shani and Ketu is akin to Mangal (Kuja is anpther name for Mangal). Hence Raahu gets Digbali in the 7th and Ketu gets Digbali in the 10th.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Dear Vivek ji,
Just a thought....
Since Ketu is supposed to be blind and thats y we dont consider its aspect also.
Then dont u think giving a directional strength to Ketu in particular direction is something
unjustified.

Though it is always mentioned that it is akin mars then if we treating it like mars in giving directional strength then y not consider it similarly when it comes to giving aspect.

Thanking you
Raman

vivekvshetty

Reply to Raman ji's query

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
Dristhi and Digbala are two different things and used for different purpose.
Dristhi is desire (We are talking of Graha dristhi here) and Digbala shows the strength of the Graha in a particular Kendra. This shows the direction of life if followed by the native will give her/him blessings of the Graha.
More on this as the lesson unfolds (as usual).
They say for moksha even the desire for moksha should not be there.  
We know this is not a very convincing explanation for now but when the lesson has progressed we hope to have given you much clarity and focus.
RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji,
Just a thought....
Since Ketu is supposed to be blind and thats y we dont consider its aspect also.
Then dont u think giving a directional strength to Ketu in particular direction is something
unjustified.

Though it is always mentioned that it is akin mars then if we treating it like mars in giving directional strength then y not consider it similarly when it comes to giving aspect.

Thanking you
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Dear Vivek ji,
Thank you replying...I do understand that these 2 r 2 different things and used for diferent purposes.
But i was thinking that even though they r different but still some how they r related to upper or head part of body where we understand,think  and desire. But ketu not having that explains very well why even desire of attaining moksha intervenes with getting moksha...

Thus how can u think of a direction which u shud follow if you r not suppose to desire and think of moksha.But i think u r right i shud wait further to let lesson unfold...

One more thing :-) what if we have all our kendras occupied,wont we become multi-directional and thus looses focus.and it may mean going in direction where one of our planets doesnt want us to but other wants us to go..Wont be loose blessing of other planet who doesnt wants us to go that way ..Am i sounding  sensible to you ;-)

Thanking you,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:04 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
Moksha has many meanings and it means different things to different people. What it really is  - well we have to ask someone who has got it and can communicate it to us. do you think this is possible?
the head is cut and replaced by another one and this is just the beginning and not the end, this is following the direction.
Kendras are the support of a kundali and planets placed in it gain strength one way or the other. All four kendras may be occupied and it will make for a very active and hectic life no doubt, but what about the quality of life ? are the Grahas benefics or malefics? are they all placed in the Bhaavas they get Digbala? if yes who is the strongest amongst them. And lastly which direction would the Native prefer to follow or which is the most suitable one for  her/ him ?
It is a composite reading, we have revealed just a part and a important one at that.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Thank you replying...I do understand that these 2 r 2 different things and used for diferent purposes.
But i was thinking that even though they r different but still some how they r related to upper or head part of body where we understand,think  and desire. But ketu not having that explains very well why even desire of attaining moksha intervenes with getting moksha...

Thus how can u think of a direction which u shud follow if you r not suppose to desire and think of moksha.But i think u r right i shud wait further to let lesson unfold...

One more thing :-) what if we have all our kendras occupied,wont we become multi-directional and thus looses focus.and it may mean going in direction where one of our planets doesnt want us to but other wants us to go..Wont be loose blessing of other planet who doesnt wants us to go that way ..Am i sounding  sensible to you ;-)

Thanking you,
Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 am

Ok,vivek ji i will wait for further unfolding of the chapter...
But just for information i was talking about planets placed in kendras as per their direction where they get max digbala..
Like if we consider karka lagna and thus

Raashi      House     planet in it
karka         1            Jup(exh)
tula            4           Ven(mool)
capricon      7           Sat (own)
mesha       10            Mars (mool)

In this all planets r placed in house where they get max dig bala....and in well-placed raashi..

Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
We will discuss this example after going more into the lesson, on the condition that this is not a hypothetical chart but a real one and of someone whom you know personally.
RishiRahul and vivek

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Ok,vivek ji i will wait for further unfolding of the chapter...
But just for information i was talking about planets placed in kendras as per their direction where they get max digbala..
Like if we consider karka lagna and thus

Raashi      House     planet in it
karka         1            Jup(exh)
tula            4           Ven(mool)
capricon      7           Sat (own)
mesha       10            Mars (mool)

In this all planets r placed in house where they get max dig bala....and in well-placed raashi..

Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm

:-) nice to know that i know that person personally .Hope to know soon who he is ..

Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
we could not understand the post quoted below. Did we miss something? or maybe you read our previous post wrong.

RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote::-) nice to know that i know that person personally .Hope to know soon who he is ..

Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm

OOPS sorry, a mistake.....
Read your post wrongly.

Raman

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Dear Vivek ji,
I dont know someone like this but just putted this question to understand how to give imporatnce to planet when almsot all of them r placed in their own houses where they get max digbala and alo either in their own/exhalted ot mooltrikona house.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

The Deities assosiated.

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:15 pm

The Guardians of the Directions - Dikpaala (दिक्पाल) are the deities who rule the specific directions of space according to Satya Sanaatana . When with eight deities, they're called Aṣṭa-Dikpaala अष्ट-दिक्पाल, literally meaning guardians of eight directions. They are often augmented with two extra deities for the ten directions (the two extra directions being zenith and nadir, when they are known as the Dasa-dikpaala. (from wikipedia).

The deities are:
East (Poorva or Praachi, Praak) is Surya.

South East (Aagneya or Agni Kona) is Agni the God of fire or Energy, transformation and creation.

South (Dakshina or Avaachi) is Yama the god of death.

South West (Nairrtya) is Nairritti the Demon.

West (Paschima,Pratīchi or Apara) is Varuuna the God of Water, purity and cleanliness.

North West (Vaayavya) is Vaayu the wind god showing movement and strength.

North (Uttara, Udīchi) is Kubera the God of wealth.

North East (eeshaanya) is Eesha or Shiva the Aadi Guru (First Guru of almost all traditions of Yoga and Tantra)

Vertical upwards (oordhva) is Annanta or Vishnu.

Vertical downwards (Atha) is Brahma.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,

Maybe Shri Raama birth chart would help.

RishiRahul and vivek.
I dont know someone like this but just putted this question to understand how to give imporatnce to planet when almsot all of them r placed in their own houses where they get max digbala and alo either in their own/exhalted ot mooltrikona house.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”