Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Dear Rishi ji

Another part is that the concept of paka lagna ( i have read read it some where but did understood its definition)

Relation between A7 and UL please explain why pada of 12th house relates to partner (i have asked this question earlier too )

Would like to confirm padas of particular house will never fall in 8th from it either and also if lord of particular bhava is fourth from itself then auradha will be with lord itself

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji

Below are some doubts

• The Arudha Lagna, is of rajasic creation. Its natural karaka is Sun, so it is creating for good reasons.  
------ Earlier you mentioned natural karaka for padas is moon and now for AL sun , getting confused
vivek and RishiRahul=There was a writing mistake, which has been edited. It should read as:• The 1st house, is the Arudha Lagna, it is rajasic (creating), but the natural karaka of the first house is Sun, so it is creating for good reasons.  

• Uccha AL lord brings high status, but if it is a malefic it brings high status problems. The status of the AL and its lord will affect the image you are creating in the world and how the world is treating you.
------- Does the planet been uchha is all or does the planet, its placement in rashi and bhava too decide
vivek and RishiRahul= If an uchha AL lord is afflicted and poorly placed it would obviously have a negative effect.

What i mean is if venus is exal and also AL lord does it bring high status in with relation to beauty or some thing or if mars with same condition gives status with respect to fighting related thing i mean gets high status in army or so
vivek and RishiRahul=Venus as exalted AL would bring high status, probably in a luxurious family with beauty(physical or otherwise), but it would depend on the house Venus is posited in. Say Venus is posited in the second house in Pisces: the native becomes fair of face, of satwick disposition, not the outgoing type, of mild disposion etc. Also this should be ammended by the aspects/conjuncttions Venus is receiving.
OR
does the bhava in which AL is placed brings high status with respect to that bhava
vivek and RishiRahul= high status in respect to the bhava/rasi it is placed, plants aspected.... but Certainly...High Status.
OR
does the bhava in which AL lord placed

Does the natural/functional malefic or benific should be considered

A request please do also explain with example charts

There is lot more i want to know will write down later

Regards

Swapnil

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 am

Another part is that the concept of paka lagna ( i have read read it some where but did understood its definition)

Relation between A7 and UL please explain why pada of 12th house relates to partner (i have asked this question earlier too )

Would like to confirm padas of particular house will never fall in 8th from it either and also if lord of particular bhava is fourth from itself then auradha will be with lord itself

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnil ji,

The paka lagna is the rasi the lagna lord is paced. It shows the natives 'applied intelligence'  or where he/she is applying his intelligence.

Say, a person whose paka lagna is in the7th house will apply his intelligence towards his spouse/relationships/ business, and, one or all of these become important to the native, where he/she is seen to devote most of his intelligence to.... Of course, ammended by aspects/onjunctions/house posited.

We will come to AL7, UL in time and not very late. The Arudha Pada chapter is exhaustive and let us Learn methodically.

Yes. Say for vrisha lagna venus is in the 4th. in simha.  From Venus to simh is 4 houses. So count another 4 houses from Simha.. We come to Vrishchik (7th. house)
But since the Arudha cannot fall in the lagna or its 7th. house... we take the 10th house from Vrishchika.. that is, Simha. so you are correct.

Good question:The Arudha lagna can fall in the 8th. house. Why not?
vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:15 am

Dear rishi ji

I calculated the combination with respect to all 12 houses but AL does not fall in 8th, Please explain how and why?

As per my limited knowledge it must be some thing related to bhadaka as 8th house w.r.t. particular house is bhadakstan, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:24 am

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear rishi ji

I calculated the combination with respect to all 12 houses but AL does not fall in 8th, Please explain how and why?

As per my limited knowledge it must be some thing related to bhadaka as 8th house w.r.t. particular house is bhadakstan, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

swapnil

Namashkaar Gaonkarswapnil ji,

You are correct with your calculations about the Arudhas not falling in the 8th house from that Lagna. There are are some exceptions to it, mentioned the next post.

By the way, Badhak sthana is never the 8th. house.

vivek and RishiRahul
Last edited by RishiRahul on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:26 am

Exceptions in the calculation of Arudha Lagna and other Arudhas

There is an exception theory in the calculation of the Arudhas. Rahu and Ketu have been designated own houses.
They are (1) Rahu= Aquarius (2) Ketu= Scorpio

So when a sign falls in Scorpio or Aquarius what happens? There are 2 lords to decide from Saturn and Rahu for Aquarius, and Saturn and Ketu for Scorpio. We choose the lord which is the stronger of the two and progress it to find the Arudha as per the rules mentioned in the above class.

vivek and RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:22 am

Dear Rishirahul ji,
I could not understand
How can Arudha lagna can ever fall in 8th house.I dont think it is possible.
When LagnaLord in 4th and 5th house AL falls in 10th(though actually 7th) and 9th house respectively thus missing 8th in between
AND
When LL is in 10th and 11th house AL falls in 4th(actually 7th) and 9th house thus again missing 8th in between.. thus i dont think it is possible to have AL in 8th house from lagna.

Please rectify me..if im wrong.

Regards,
Raman

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Dear Rishi ji

If it is right that AL will not fall in 8th does it has any astrological reason or it is just a calculation related thing

Small doubt i have is stated as below
You said :-
vivek and RishiRahul=Venus as exalted AL would bring high status, probably in a luxurious family with beauty(physical or otherwise), but it would depend on the house Venus is posited in. Say Venus is posited in the second house in Pisces: the native becomes fair of face, of satwick disposition, not the outgoing type, of mild disposion etc. Also this should be ammended by the aspects/conjuncttions Venus is receiving.

----As you explained about venus,keeping aside the aspect and conjuction  what will be the effects if the same happens to be eleventh as 11th natural karaka is guru too or wat happens if the rashi disposition is in rajasik and tamasik for Eg if venus exal in 7th whose natural karaka also happens to be venus but it is rajasik or if in 8th whose natural karaka is shani which happens to be tamsik

Q----IF lagna is truth and Arudha is maya should the relation of lagna and arudha be seen For eg lagna lord sun and AL lord shani as these are enemies how it should be seen and should the placement of lords from each other be also seen

Q---- What will be the effects if AL lord happens to be neech, mooltrikona, friendly or enemy house

I have few more questions will contine later

Regards

Swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Rishirahul ji,
I could not understand
How can Arudha lagna can ever fall in 8th house.I dont think it is possible.
When LagnaLord in 4th and 5th house AL falls in 10th(though actually 7th) and 9th house respectively thus missing 8th in between
AND
When LL is in 10th and 11th house AL falls in 4th(actually 7th) and 9th house thus again missing 8th in between.. thus i dont think it is possible to have AL in 8th house from lagna.

Please rectify me..if im wrong.

Regards,
Raman

Namashkaar Ramanji,

You both are correct, and have got your mathematics in order. At least now we are sure that you an specially GaonkarSwapnil has understood it right!

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:32 am

If it is right that AL will not fall in 8th does it has any astrological reason or it is just a calculation related thing

Small doubt i have is stated as below
You said :-

----As you explained about venus,keeping aside the aspect and conjuction  what will be the effects if the same happens to be eleventh as 11th natural karaka is guru too or wat happens if the rashi disposition is in rajasik and tamasik for Eg if venus exal in 7th whose natural karaka also happens to be venus but it is rajasik or if in 8th whose natural karaka is shani which happens to be tamsik

Q----IF lagna is truth and Arudha is maya should the relation of lagna and arudha be seen For eg lagna lord sun and AL lord shani as these are enemies how it should be seen and should the placement of lords from each other be also seen

Q---- What will be the effects if AL lord happens to be neech, mooltrikona, friendly or enemy house

I have few more questions will contine later

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar GaonkarSwapnil ji,

Actually the physical features of the souse is more apparent from the 7th. house of D9(navamsa). Even then the UL affects it too.

From UL we see the type of family the natives spouse comes from and also the give and take thing in the relation. We will sover it in more detail when we arrive there.

If exalted UL lord Venus is in the 11th from Lagna , the spouse comes from a rich and  high society.(bringing in the natural karaks would confuse things here).
The natural quality of the house is more important than the natural karak of the house here,
Predictions from partial details may not be accurate... so we should not extend it more here.
Let us discuss this more when we come to UL chapter.

A----The sign and placement of the lords and the relation of AL and Lagna is very important.
Lagna lord Sun, and Al lord Saturn can give a hint that the native is viewed very differently from what he actually is. He may seem more harsh and toned down, but he is not so. But there are so many other factors here as mentioned above.

A-----AL in neech may signify the opposite of AL in exaltation.
In moolatrikona means in a good/strong position, whether high or low status. Friendly house will not signify as good a position as moolatrikona.

Always keep the exaltation and debilitation on one side. Friendly house and moolatrikona on the other side.
Say AL lord moon in Cancer=High status would be Taurus.. so approximately two steps less... but in a happy position and of romantic disposition(cancer), dreamy natured..................but again there are soo many other factors.

We hope you got the logic behind these.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 am

Dear Rishi ji

The venus related example i have asked is with related to AL but you have replied with respect to UL and the question on placement of arudhas in amsa kundli is on my mind too but will ask later hoping for the participation of other students too

You said:
Say AL lord moon in Cancer=High status would be Taurus.. so approximately two steps less... but in a happy position and of romantic disposition(cancer), dreamy natured..................but again there are soo many other factors.

---- Does this means even if AL lord not in exaltation the houses near to exalation determines it
     For Eg: AL lord is Sun so if it is placeed between Virshaba to Meen the strength varries i mean if sun in vrishab it is next to best and if in meen it is very low

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
Just thought to point out there r quite a few question putted by different members of the forum in different chapters which have gone with out answers.Can we get reply for them alongwith proceeding of the current chapter.

Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 pm

The venus related example i have asked is with related to AL but you have replied with respect to UL and the question on placement of arudhas in amsa kundli is on my mind too but will ask later hoping for the participation of other students too .

vivek and RishiRahul=I thought we answered it ib terms of AL.

You said:

---- Does this means even if AL lord not in exaltation the houses near to exalation determines it
     For Eg: AL lord is Sun so if it is placeed between Virshaba to Meen the strength varries i mean if sun in vrishab it is next to best and if in meen it is very low

vivek and RishiRahul=Yes. Strength in terms of status(high or low) will vary.

A person with AL lord Sun in Taurus.. the house after exaltation.. may show one whose family may have been in high/good status, (note that Sun is unhappy in Venus sign), but is presently not seen by others in a happy state.
Considering that some houses can be friends/enemies/neutral houses, the aspects to it, the position from Lagna etc will modify the final outcome.

Please do not give too much importance to one thing entirely

Regards

Swapnil

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
Just thought to point out there r quite a few question putted by different members of the forum in different chapters which have gone with out answers.Can we get reply for them alongwith proceeding of the current chapter.

Regards,
Raman

Namashkaar Ramanji,

If you did spot any answered posts you could bring them up to our notice by making a posting as reminder, in the said post.

Thanks,

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:32 am

Use of arudha lagna and other Arudha Padas

Divisional charts help to resolve many of these clashes. Ex: 5th house stands for son, mantra, judgment, fame, etc. Using divisional charts, we can see that 5th house in saptamsa (D7) stands for son and 5th house in vimsamsa (D20) stands for mantra. Again certain matters are seen from different houses in the same divisional chart.
For example, intelligence and academic success are both seen in the chart of learning, chaturvimsamsa (D24) and the 5th house shows both.
In such cases, we have to understand which matter is seen from lagna and from AL?
Chaturvimsamsa (D 24) is prescribed for learning and knowledge and the 5th house is supposed to show success in competition and fame, as well as intelligence. An intelligent person usually succeeds in competition, but it does not happen always.

This clash is resolved by using lagna for one and arudha lagna for the other.
One’s intelligence is about true self (Lagna). But whether he is successful in competitition is related to perceived self (AL). An intelligent person may fail the person, whereas one with average intelligence may succeed. It is related to perceptions. Thus lagna should be used as a reference when judging one's intelligence and the use of the AL for judging success in competition and fame.

Judgment, balance, discretion are related to true self should be seen from the 5th from lagna. Whereas Reputation in career/profession, being the part of Maya and related to the perceived self is seen from the 5th house of D 10.
In this manner, we can choose the correct divisional chart and the correct reference from Lagna and AL, based on the nature of the matter of interest.

Money is related more to AL than lagna. This is why Jaimini talked about planets in the 11th and 12th houses from arudha lagna when talking about savings and expenditures.

.........To be continued....

vivek and RishiRahul

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”