Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:39 pm

True Reality and Perceptive Reality

When we go the market to buy a something good, we ask the advice of the shopkeeper and or go by the advertisement and or go by the brand name of the product. This we do most of the time, but also try to check quality of the product by feeling/smelling it.
              Most people don’t buy the soap that will get their clothing the cleanest, they buy the one that has had the best effect on their mind through commercial advertising, graphic design of the box, and other such marketing aimed at one’s perceptions.
              A boss doesn’t always pick the most capable person, they pick the one that presents themselves the best, and is ‘perceived’ as the best employee for the job. The perception, the perceived aspect of oneself, is very influential with ones interaction with reality. This is especially pertinent when dealing with how a person relates to others and to the public.
             The people at your work place do not know the REAL “YOU”. They only know what they perceive about you, what you consciously let them know, what you unconsciously let them know, what you pretend to be, and all these together through the perception of their mind. Which makes their image of you far/different from the REAL TRUTH? Thus it becomes a reflection of the REAL TRUTH.
              This is often called delusion more than reality, as our perceptions rarely meet with the reality of the material world. But this reality that exists in our heads is often more influential in our behavior than the material world itself.
              Your own perception of yourself is the True Reality, which is an internal matter/manifestation’ meaning that it is about ‘Yourself’ as seen from “Your”. This is seen from Lagna.
              Others perception of you/yourself is the Perceptive Reality, which is an external matter/manifestation’ meaning that it is about the view/sighting about ‘YOURSELF’ as seen from “THEIR” eyes. This is seen from Arudha Lagna/AL.
              Perceptive Reality is the ‘True picture’ in our material world of Maya/Illusion; because we do not live alone, but with THEM. In other words, it is the True” picture the material world has for you. This very Real “picture/sighting” is seen from Arudha Padas.
              The term Arudha Pada is also commonly called “PADA”. Arudha means "MOUNT" and refers to the IMAGE of a sign falling on another due to "reflection of the rays emanating from it and being reflected by its lord.
The Karaka/significator of the Arudha Pada is the Moon.

...to be continued..

vivek and RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks Rishirahu ji and Vivek ji for startig this chapter.
Very well started.......as expected :-)

Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:03 am

Understand Maya--The illusion caused by attachments

The whole world is Maya. The world is created by the mind, by perception, the world is perception. This illusion effectively acts on the manifestation of reality.
Illusions of the world about a native are just one side of the Maya of this world. There is another side – illusions of the native about the world and himself. These are shown by the arudha padas of planets.
A mature astrologer can distinguish between reality and illusion and use the correct tools in his astrological analysis.
One can deduce the meanings of various arudha padas in various divisional charts, keeping in mind that arudha padas basically show Maya associated with various matters.

......To be continued........

vivek and RishiRahul

projenator

Post by projenator » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:32 am

What is the exact difference in seeing the characteristics of a house from AL and the pada of the house signifying those affairs ?
For e.g. I want to find out about someone's marriage, I look at seventh house from AL in rasi, I can look at A7/UL in rasi. Having looked at both, I have a lot of data, how do I reconcile both of these and come up with the correct conclusion ? or in your experience what works the best ?

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:00 am

Dont you think its answer is bit obvious :-
I understood now why the moon is natural kaakas of arudhas as moon represents mind and inner self but does krishna or shukla paksha moon have role in it too
:-)
Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Namashkaar GaonkarSapnil ji,

Moon is the karaka of Arudha Lagna, waning or waxing.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Meaning of Arudha Pada and other Padas

A gentleman, A, owns a scooter for 15 years and is very happy, fond and proud of it, and he rides it to work everyday. Another gentleman, B, owns a few fine cars, but is not happy with them and always hopes to buy better cars.
If you ask someone, "which of these two gentlemen is blessed/more blessed with happiness from vehicles? The most likely answer would be –“the person owning the few fine cars.

The world has its own PERCEPTIONS/MAYA/ILLUSION!! The material world is swayed by ‘Maya’ or ‘illusion’. The same thing is true for most aspects of life.

.....to be continued....

vivek and RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:01 pm

How did the situation get affected by Maya/Perception? =

Though the owner of the scooter, A, is happier in terms of happiness from vehicle… the fact remains, that he does not possess good vehicles as compared to the other owner, B, who possesses many fine cars.
The ‘OTHERS’ viewing this incident…. observes/will observe that the owner, B, possesses more vehicles…… WHICH IS VERY TRUE & CORRECT……which goes to say that PERCEPTION IS REALITY IN THE WORLD OF MAYA OR ILLUSION.

If a central minister just left an astrologer after astrological consultations, others will probably think that the astrologer is good. If another astrologer tells others that he does not demand a fixed fee for astrological consultations and take whatever clients happily give, others will probably think that he is not a good astrologer. Is every astrologer consulted by central ministers necessarily good? Can't an astrologer who does not demand a large fee be good?
If I tell you I did my B.Tech at IIT, you will probably think that I am a smart person. If I tell you I did my B.Tech at not so well known engineering College", you will probably not get the same impression. Is everyone at IIT necessarily smarter than everyone at the latter college? Probably not! However, we always jump to conclusions and form ideas and perceptions that are possibly wrong, because we are swayed by the ‘Maya’ of this material world.
Outer trappings matter more than the inner truth.
How people perceive and judge a native is guided by the Maya of this material world.
Those perceptions are merely illusions and the reality can be different from them.
The question in front of astrologers is: "How do we distinguish between the illusions of the material world and the reality?"

LAGNA is the REAL YOU (satya peetha/seat of Truth).    ARUDHA LAGNA (AL) (maya peetha/seat of Illusion) is the ILLUSION or MAYA or PERCEPTION.

Both stand for self, but different shades of self. Lagna stands for true self and arudha lagna stands for perceived self.
Therefore Arudha lagna stands for "self, as perceived by this world of Maya”.
Classics attribute many matters to each house.

.... ....to be continued.....

vivek and RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:47 am

CALCULATING ARUDHA LAGNA

Counting the number of signs from the lord of Lagna as it has gained from Lagna we arrive at the Arudha Lagna. For example, if the lord of Lagna is in the third house, counting three signs from the third house, we arrive at the fifth house that becomes the Arudha Lagna.
There are two riders, as exceptions, to this. (1)If the Arudha Lagna is in the Lagna itself, the tenth house from that should be treated as the Arudha Lagna. (2) If the Arudha Lagna is in the seventh house, the fourth house (which is the tenth house to the seventh house) should be treated as the Arudha Lagna.
The Arudha Lagna plays a vital role in determining our states/job in this material world.

The Arudha Pada for all the houses and these are Pada house name and symbol
1 pada, lagna pada, arudha lagna =AL
2 Dhana pada, Kosa pada=A2
3 Vikrama pada or Bhratripada =A3
4 Matripada, Sukhapada =A4
5 Mantra pada, Putrapada =A5
6 Rogapada, Satrupada, Aripada =A6
7 Darapada, Kalatrapada A7
8 Marana or Mrityu pada, Randhrapada =A8
9 Pitripada, Dharmapada =A9
10 Karmapada, Rajyapada =A10
11 Labhapada =A11
12 Vyaya pada, Gauna pada =A12 or UL

…end of lesson 5..

vivek and RishiRahul

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Dear Rishi ji

I understood the calculation point of view but why the exception for the padas falling in own or 7th

I mean isn't there person who is internally same as others think or opposite to it ( I mean it related to padas of own or 7th house of desire)

And even if they fall in above rule why only then the 10th house is considered is there relation to 10th from 1st or 4th from 7th

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji

I understood the calculation point of view but why the exception for the padas falling in own or 7th

I mean isn't there person who is internally same as others think or opposite to it ( I mean it related to padas of own or 7th house of desire)

And even if they fall in above rule why only then the 10th house is considered is there relation to 10th from 1st or 4th from 7th

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnil ji,

Simply explained, What you think of yourself can NEVER be the same as what others think of you.

In other words, the OTHERS can never know the Real YOU.

Again what the others know about you can NEVER be the EXACT opposite of THE REAL YOU.

Are you in agreement with what we said just now above?

We await your answer. If you do not understand this, tell us why?

vivek and RishiRahul

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Dear Rishi ji

I some what understood the points what you said thought came in my mind (as there is a discussion going on about lord rama chart) does this happens with the case of great peoples too that others can never understand the real lord or vice versa

And other thing is that if it cannot be opposite i mean 7th then why the 4th from 7th i know there must be some reason please explain

Regards

Swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnil ji,

Simply explained, What you think of yourself can NEVER be the same as what others think of you.

In other words, the OTHERS can never know the Real YOU.

Again what the others know about you can NEVER be the EXACT opposite of THE REAL YOU.

Are you in agreement with what we said just now above?

We await your answer. If you do not understand this, tell us why?

vivek and RishiRahul[/quote

Namashkaar Swapnil,

Since the 'REAL YOU' can never be the same or exact opposite of whaat the OTHERS think of YOU....the Arudha lagna cannot be the same as the Lagna or its 7th. house.

This was decided by the maharshis that in case the Arudha Lagna falls in the same place as Lagna or its 7th. , the 10th house(Karmashtana) should be chosen from the lagna or h. as the case may me. It was chosen as Karma is supreme in the material world. (Arudhas belong to the material world)

Is it clear now?

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Arudha Lagna or (AL)

Is the Reflection of the Lagna. It is distinctly visible as it catches the mind.
       What an individual may know about themselves (Lagna) may not be what others think of them (AL). Lagna and Arudha Lagna tell these two different stories.
The 1st house, is the Arudha Lagna, it is rajasic (creating), but the natural karaka of the first house is Sun, so it is creating for good reasons.   
• Uccha AL lord brings high status, but if it is a malefic it brings high status problems. The status of the AL and its lord will affect the image you are creating in the world and how the world is treating you.
• Planets conjunct the AL has a tremendous influence on the person’s image, and what they do. Jupiter and Moon in the AL is best as it makes the person famous now and even after death.
• When other Arudhas conjunct AL, they get activated too. Ex:  A6 conjunct AL, disease or enemies also rise along with the person, which means that when others see/view/think of the native….the image of being sickly also rises in their mind; which has probably been formed due to his going to hospital often.  
• A crook, with an exalted AL lord will be well liked and rises in popularity.
• What is perceived is what is making things move, turn and happen.
• The A10 shows who, it is showing a person, how that person is perceived, and where they are being perceived from.
• If the A5 is damaged it can hurt the manifestation to have children.
• In this way, the AL represents the individual (Lagna) and how it is perceived.
• The circumstances of death are seen from the 3rd house from AL, it does have a physical reality to it. As a special ascendant it will give results both in the mind of others and how their minds react with the reality of the individual.  Both mental (perceived image) and physical results (interaction) are seen from the Arudha Lagna.
Our world is constantly under illusion and we form impressions about people that need not be correct. Arudha lagna shows this. If you want to judge a person's success in competition, you should prefer arudha lagna to lagna, as it is related to the illusion of the world.
Another explanation would be that, Lagna is the seat of truth and exposes the physical layer, while AL is the seat of illusion and shows the materialistic layer of life and perceptions.
The AL is more than just a perception; it is a point of relating to the world.
Thus, the houses from AL affect both the perception of the individual as well as how they actually act and are treated in the world.
The Lagna is like the Sun, the AL is like the Moon, and the Paka Lagna is like Jupiter; and is similar to the three eyes; the Sun (right eye), Moon (left eye) and Jupiter (third eye).
Arudha Lagna is the reflection of the self (how others perceive it). In D-1 it is the general perception about you, in the other D-charts it is always the perception in connection with that D-chart. Like AL in D-9 will show what kind of a husband you will be thought of. AL in D-10 will show how others perceive you in your career etc.
Upapada (A12 or UL) is seen for marriage and spouse in raasi, showing how others perceive her as your wife, and this may include you. However, the real connection will be seen from the 7th house. Going to D-9, this will more explicitly show how she is perceived in the married relationship. Seeing the UL in D-10 will show how your colleagues in work will perceive her. UL in D-20 will show how she will be perceived in your religious life, etc.

....to be continued.....

vivek and RishiRahul
Last edited by RishiRahul on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:05 am

Dear Rishi ji

Below are some doubts

• The Arudha Lagna, is of rajasic creation. Its natural karaka is Sun, so it is creating for good reasons.  
------ Earlier you mentioned natural karaka for padas is moon and now for AL sun , getting confused

• Uccha AL lord brings high status, but if it is a malefic it brings high status problems. The status of the AL and its lord will affect the image you are creating in the world and how the world is treating you.
------- Does the planet been uchha is all or does the planet, its placement in rashi and bhava too decide
         What i mean is if venus is exal and also AL lord does it bring high status in with relation to beauty or some thing or if mars with same condition gives status with respect to fighting related thing i mean gets high status in army or so
OR
does the bhava in which AL is placed brings high status with respect to that bhava
OR
does the bhava in which AL lord placed

Does the natural/functional malefic or benific should be considered

A request please do also explain with example charts

There is lot more i want to know will write down later

Regards

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”