Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji

The venus related example i have asked is with related to AL but you have replied with respect to UL and the question on placement of arudhas in amsa kundli is on my mind too but will ask later hoping for the participation of other students too

You said:
Say AL lord moon in Cancer=High status would be Taurus.. so approximately two steps less... but in a happy position and of romantic disposition(cancer), dreamy natured..................but again there are soo many other factors.

---- Does this means even if AL lord not in exaltation the houses near to exalation determines it
     For Eg: AL lord is Sun so if it is placeed between Virshaba to Meen the strength varries i mean if sun in vrishab it is next to best and if in meen it is very low

Regards

Swapnil
Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

As said to point out the unanswered question please do look in this question

Lot more algorithms in my mind with related to this topic pls take a look in it when u get time

regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Our reply in Green.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji

The venus related example i have asked is with related to AL but you have replied with respect to UL and the question on placement of arudhas in amsa kundli is on my mind too but will ask later hoping for the participation of other students too

You said:
Say AL lord moon in Cancer=High status would be Taurus.. so approximately two steps less... but in a happy position and of romantic disposition(cancer), dreamy natured..................but again there are soo many other factors.

---- Does this means even if AL lord not in exaltation the houses near to exalation determines it
     For Eg: AL lord is Sun so if it is placeed between Virshaba to Meen the strength varries i mean if sun in vrishab it is next to best and if in meen it is very low
What we meant was Chandra is the lord of Al in Al but in own house (Swakshetra). Kark is not the exaltation or Moolatrikona Raashi of Chandra, so going by the strength Chandra is in thrid strongest raashi.
It had nothing to do with its proximity to the exaltation Raashi.

So the answer to your query and to the example you gave is no. That is not how it is applied.

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Dear Vivek ji / Rishi ji

Even i doubted with the example i had given, only thing i tried to think technically

I am trying to apply the latest posting by rishi ji on different charts in there amsa kundali hope i get a doubt

Regards

Swapnil

kumar69

Query regarding application

Post by kumar69 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 am

Dear Rishiji,Vivekji,
   Namaskar
          I have a small querry. I understand that the Arudha padas are the reflection of self as perceived by the eyes of the world. Now if two arudha padas fall in the same house what does they mean.

For example if in the D-10 of a native(Cancer Lagna) the AL is in the 10th house in Aries. Then the world perceives him to be working in an fiery type environment. Now if the A8 and A9 are both placed in the 6th house from lagna and 9th from AL . What would it mean??

Q1. As A8(mrityupada) and A9(bhagyapada)are in the same house and are placed in the 9th from AL will the luck and the death of the work environments for the native will be ever changing for the native??
Q2. As they are placed in the 6th house from the lagna, will there be siff violent obstacles(saggitarius) leading to breaking and making of the career of the native.?
Q3. How does the maya associated for two or more directions of life can be placed in an house at all?? ex. AL and A8

Please explain with some examples so that the maya around unfolds itself.

Regards

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Query regarding application

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 am

kumar69 wrote:Dear Rishiji,Vivekji,
   Namaskar
          I have a small querry. I understand that the Arudha padas are the reflection of self as perceived by the eyes of the world. Now if two arudha padas fall in the same house what does they mean.

vivek and RishiRahul=Namashkaar Kumar69 ji!  When 2 arudha padas are in one house, the two said arudhas 'appear' interlinked. W mentioned ..'appear'... because they may not be actually interlinked, but will appear interlinked to others who view you.  

For example if in the D-10 of a native(Cancer Lagna) the AL is in the 10th house in Aries. Then the world perceives him to be working in an fiery type environment. Now if the A8 and A9 are both placed in the 6th house from lagna and 9th from AL . What would it mean??

vivek and RishiRahul=AL in Aries in D10 means... How others view yourself at work/working. IIt does NOT show your work environment, though it COULD give a very SMALL HINT regarding it.

Q1. As A8(mrityupada) and A9(bhagyapada)are in the same house and are placed in the 9th from AL will the luck and the death of the work environments for the native will be ever changing for the native??

vivek and RishiRahul=A9 can stand for viewing significations of bhagya or luck or father or foreign.       A8 can stand for viewing significations of death or chronic sickness or accidents or hidden prognostications.  Planets in the 9th. from AL , called AL9 and aspects to it will help us shortlist results. So either of these combinations can seem related to others viewing the native.
It is related to luck or religious luck as they are in the 9th. to the AL, and becomes important for the native. We will understand this better when we come to AL9.

Q2. As they are placed in the 6th house from the lagna, will there be siff violent obstacles(saggitarius) leading to breaking and making of the career of the native.?

vivek and RishiRahul=Being placed in 6th. from Lagna can personally hurt the native, and the native can feel personally uncomfortable with these significations.. but these may not affect his material life/image, but could be gainful regarding the latter.

Q3. How does the maya associated for two or more directions of life can be placed in an house at all?? ex. AL and A8

vivek and RishiRahul='Maya' is the image which forms or rises as we live in this material world, where the ACTUAL is not so important, but the 5 senses are more important and rule.                             If we lived in a perfect unsensual world, devoid of material/carnal desires, The AL would never seem to affect us.
If AL and A8 rises then, whenever the native would be thought of by most or all, thay would also attach 8th. house signification to/with him.... Suffering.... secret.... hurts ..etc.

Please explain with some examples so that the maya around unfolds itself.

Regards

We hope we could be clear enough! But do shoot questions? We agree this topic is not easy.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

kumar69

Post by kumar69 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Dear Rishiji Vivekji
 Namaskar
     Thanks again for the lucid explanation
         but I still have doubts

1. We do not know Mahatma Gandhi in person. So what ever we see in the chart is the perception of the world about him.(I think this should apply to all the charts of the personalities we observe - as they create an image of themselves which keeps interacting with the environment). So we should treat AL as the lagna and see the personality.(pl  correct me?)

1. Now A10 is in Aries with its dispositor mars in the lagna  with Me(9th lord) and Ve (8th lord) . Me  as 9th lord can show upholding dharma and Ve as 8th lord can show passion for research/occult/doctrins etc. - he was a man of principles and had a passion to stick to it.But non of them shows the job he was doing - Lawyer and a Politician.Well Ju -R as the sixth lord conjunction can show his brief career as a lawyer but how does the A10 shows the same? as a politician with no aspect from Su.

2. AL is conjoined Swagruhi moon and is in the Ra /Ke axis - Is it not a ecclipse destined to damage the image?- on the contrary his Image is worshiped like God all over the world?

3. He is very very famous and had a lot of followers. But his A5 is in the 6th from the AL and is in a papa kartari with sa and ke on the either side. Theere is no aspect on A5 except that of Su the 2nd lord from AL . - How did he got such a Huge following with an afflicted A5.

please clear my doubts
regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:00 am

kumar69 wrote:Dear Rishiji Vivekji
 Namaskar
     Thanks again for the lucid explanation
         but I still have doubts

1. We do not know Mahatma Gandhi in person. So what ever we see in the chart is the perception of the world about him.(I think this should apply to all the charts of the personalities we observe - as they create an image of themselves which keeps interacting with the environment). So we should treat AL as the lagna and see the personality.(pl  correct me?)

vivek and RishiRahul=To know a native more completely we should never neglect the Lagna which reveals the True Self. Treating AL as the Lagna will confuse the True nature and the Perceptive nature.
It seems the earlier classes did not sink in satisfactorily.

1. Now A10 is in Aries with its dispositor mars in the lagna  with Me(9th lord) and Ve (8th lord) . Me  as 9th lord can show upholding dharma and Ve as 8th lord can show passion for research/occult/doctrins etc. - he was a man of principles and had a passion to stick to it.But non of them shows the job he was doing - Lawyer and a Politician.Well Ju -R as the sixth lord conjunction can show his brief career as a lawyer but how does the A10 shows the same? as a politician with no aspect from Su.

vivek and RishiRahul=Judging the type of profession is not as easy as that. Mayapadas adds some hints towards it, and should not be given full importance in entirety.
For finding nature of profession foremost importance should be given to the strongest planet of the chart. Given that, the aspects, conjunctions and connections to the 10th house primarily, lord, padas, D10 etc. should be studied. Also argalas to the 10th house is to be seen. Observing such influences will help in arriving to the truth.
The upholding Dharma bit is better seen by Jupiter with A10 and Jupiter in the 10th from AL.
Mayapadas primarily/mainly show the attitude of the native towards that house, and the way he/she goes about it. This will be better followed as this exhaustive lesson on padas unfolds.  
Note the rasi dhristi of Saturn on Jupiter in A10, and on Rahu in 10th house. This drishti is of more permanent nature. Due to this connection Gandhiji was lesser known as a lawyer, and even when he shifted to the mainstream of politics (Rahu), this knowledge came of continuous use in life; which shows Lagna having prime importance in this regard.

2. AL is conjoined Swagruhi moon and is in the Ra /Ke axis - Is it not a ecclipse destined to damage the image?- on the contrary his Image is worshiped like God all over the world?

vivek and RishiRahul=Amatyakarak Moon in AL is very significant for such devotion. Also Chandra Rahu forms Shakti Yoga in Karkata, giving great power to his thinking and instincts.

3. He is very very famous and had a lot of followers. But his A5 is in the 6th from the AL and is in a papa kartari with sa and ke on the either side. Theere is no aspect on A5 except that of Su the 2nd lord from AL . - How did he got such a Huge following with an afflicted A5.

vivek and RishiRahul=We have not yet touched A5 in our classes. Also are you sure regarding A5? Giving explanations regarding this would not be very methodical in teaching without knowledge of it n the classes.
However do not forget that 6th house is an upachaya. We will arrive to the lesson n 6th from AL, which will give you better answer regarding this.
Are followers seen from A5?

please clear my doubts
regards

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I would like to know does vargottam factor applicable for arudhas aslo

Regards

Swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnilji,

After the interactions on Vargottama that we have had, and explaining its concept could we know how if it could be applicabley to Arudhas.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:40 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Rishi ji and Vivek ji

Regards

Swapnil

Namashkaar Swapnilji,

After the interactions on Vargottama that we have had, and explaining its concept could we know how if it could be applicabley to Arudhas.

RishiRahul

As per my understanding i dont think it should be , but happen to google in for more information on vargottama there i found mention of arudha being vargottam

But if i think with respect to planet i think it should strengthen the particular arudha who's lord happens to be vargottama

correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 am

Namaskaar Swapnilji,

We do not understand what you mean properly.
Read what we have said properly.

A vargottama planet means... a confirmation or strengthening of its state + it is a benefic varga. Having said that, should it not apply. Forget google. What does your logic say?
Collect your thinking again...Form the logic....give it space. Reply after doing all this well.

vivek and RishiRahul

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
Just had a query while going thru this chapter ..

When we see chart from AL or any other pada point of view, are
we supose to consider functional malefic/benefic from lagna point of view or specific
Arudha pada point of view.

For example.

For cancer lagna..mars is yogakarka and a functional benefic
but if we take AL to be in 3rd house i.e. kanya raashi
we will find mars to be functional malefic.. being 8th and 3rd house
owner from AL(in kanya) point of view..

My understanding :-
I think we have to consider it separately.That means when considering from lagna this malefic planet may be really malefic for us, it may coz us real pain and trouble in our life but when considering it from OTHERS POINT OF VIEW.... i.e ARUDHA.
this trouble may be something very very desirable thing for others..coz this planet may be fucntional benefic from arudha point of view.....

Like everyone(most of us :-) ) wants to be a Hollywood star.. thats is our desire but the one who are already stars knows it well how much they are paying in their personal life, especially when they r followed by paprazzis everywhere, even to their personal holidays.

Thus something which is benefic from others point of view(ARUDHA) is causing us real pain from our point of view(LAGNA).

I hope i am going right ...

Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hello Vivek ji and Rishirahul ji,
Just had a query while going thru this chapter ..

When we see chart from AL or any other pada point of view, are
we supose to consider functional malefic/benefic from lagna point of view or specific
Arudha pada point of view.

For example.

For cancer lagna..mars is yogakarka and a functional benefic
but if we take AL to be in 3rd house i.e. kanya raashi
we will find mars to be functional malefic.. being 8th and 3rd house
owner from AL(in kanya) point of view..

My understanding :-
I think we have to consider it separately.That means when considering from lagna this malefic planet may be really malefic for us, it may coz us real pain and trouble in our life but when considering it from OTHERS POINT OF VIEW.... i.e ARUDHA.
this trouble may be something very very desirable thing for others..coz this planet may be fucntional benefic from arudha point of view.....

Like everyone(most of us :-) ) wants to be a Hollywood star.. thats is our desire but the one who are already stars knows it well how much they are paying in their personal life, especially when they r followed by paprazzis everywhere, even to their personal holidays.

Thus something which is benefic from others point of view(ARUDHA) is causing us real pain from our point of view(LAGNA).

I hope i am going right ...

Regards,
Raman

Namashkaar Ramanji,

Please wait for the lessons to unfold to get a proper understanding f the concept of Arudhas.

Parashara recommended to evaluate functional malefics/benefics from the true lagna.

For example Mars for Karkata Lagna, being the lord of Kona and Kendra is a functional benefic and a Rajayogakaraka graha.

Being a rajayogakaraka can give aid in doing good karma and give success, if well posited.
Being a functional benefic it gives smooth and happy progress in life, again if well posited.

When we see from AL, the position of the planet becomes much more important, obviously from AL.

Of course we would not say that the lordship from AL is absolutely non existent.

We will cover this topic in much greater detail when we come to functional beneficence and maleficence in more advanced stages...... a most interesting topic.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

projenator

Post by projenator » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Rishirahulji,
                  Namaskar, first let me appreciate your benevolence for showering your blessings upon us although i must admit I am at a loss of words in doing so. In very few books do we find a chapter on using arudha padas although arudha lagna is dealt with extensively. Now as we all might have observed in our natal charts that there can be clusters of padas in one house for e.g. A8 and A6 in tenth house for a tula lagna native. Therefore, we can conclude that moon is the dispositor of both A8 and A6, which for the completeness of discussion is placed in twelfth house. Now if saturn is positioned in the tenth house, it will also be on A8 and A6. So, when the dasa for tula lagna yogakarak is in swing, will the perception of the outside world be of sixth and eighth house matters. Can the same be concluded for moon periods, sub periods etc. especially as it relates to foreign lands ?
                Maybe i am totally wayward in my thought process, in that case please mention the correct interpretation.

kind regards,

Proj

vivekvshetty

Arudha ubderstanding.

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Namaskaar all,
Many learners, Raman ji for one have asked about the difference between Houses from lagna, Rhe Arudhas and Houses from the Arudhas.
The following attachment from PVRN ji's article tries to explain this.
RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”