Lesson 16: THE ARUDHAS - Real Truth and Perceptive Truth

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

deepakosho

Re: Some questions

Post by deepakosho » Sat May 02, 2009 3:08 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Deepak ji,In other words you mean why is the Aaroodha of 12th taken instead of the 7th from AL. Can you think of a reason?
Rahulji / Vivekji,

I tried to find answer to this one, the answer I found is..

12th house signifies giving and a person to whom we give the most is spouse. Thus the materially raised 12th is UL and hence UL signifies spouse.

12th house also represents celibacy, 7th (marriage , sex) puts an end to the celibacy (8th from 12th). So it is the spouse who puts an end to the celibacy.

12th is also 8th from 5th which signifies logevity of the family/lineage

Om Tat Sat.
Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
You got them right, we feel the last one (made bold) to be the most important one.
The 12th Bhaava has more to do with your forefathers (and fore mothers too!).
We do not agree much with the second Answer.

Also remember that the Aaroodha of the 12th is the Upapada or Gauna Pada only in the Raashi (D-1) only. In other charts it is the Vyaya pada.
RishiRahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar Deepak ji,In other words you mean why is the Aaroodha of 12th taken instead of the 7th from AL. Can you think of a reason?
Rahulji / Vivekji,

I tried to find answer to this one, the answer I found is..

12th house signifies giving and a person to whom we give the most is spouse. Thus the materially raised 12th is UL and hence UL signifies spouse.

12th house also represents celibacy, 7th (marriage , sex) puts an end to the celibacy (8th from 12th). So it is the spouse who puts an end to the celibacy.

12th is also 8th from 5th which signifies logevity of the family/lineage

Om Tat Sat.
Deepak

deepakosho

Post by deepakosho » Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Also remember that the Aaroodha of the 12th is the Upapada or Gauna Pada only in the Raashi (D-1) only. In other charts it is the Vyaya pada.
What about Upapada in D-9, Navamsa? Does not Upapada in D-9 signify spouse?

- Deepak

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Namaskaar Deepak ji,
No it does not.
RishiRahul and vivek.
deepakosho wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:Also remember that the Aaroodha of the 12th is the Upapada or Gauna Pada only in the Raashi (D-1) only. In other charts it is the Vyaya pada.
What about Upapada in D-9, Navamsa? Does not Upapada in D-9 signify spouse?

- Deepak

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat May 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Since the question was asked about A7 and UL

A7 is looked for sexual partners and UL is looked only for married partner since the partner is the one whom the native gives the most and makes loss indirectly

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun May 10, 2009 2:25 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Giving and giving more is the basis of marriage and in the upapada our Rishis have shown us the secret of a happy married life. Giving and not asking for any returns.
A7 is also connected to marriage, because marriage normally also involves passion. For example there is a dictum to find the Antar dashaa (sub period) of the Graha which can give marriage.
In the navaamsha find the A7. From the A7 see the Grahas placed in the Sukh trikona. These Grahas have the potential to bring about marriage.
(The above dictum is from Pundit Sanjay Rath).
Can you try to understand the basis for this dictum?
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Since the question was asked about A7 and UL

A7 is looked for sexual partners and UL is looked only for married partner since the partner is the one whom the native gives the most and makes loss indirectly

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Dear Vivek ji

I am sorry i dont know what does sukh trikona mean , as of now i only know 4 trikonas dharma artha kama moksha , if my understanding is right you must be refering kama trikona 3 7 11 as sukha trikona

And if this is right then i think since A7 is for passion then grahas placed 3 7 11 from A7 must be giving marriage as 3 is for initiative 7 desires 11 gains and D9 is specified as it is generally said to be used for partner

Correct me if it is worng as i wrote it my understanding

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Sukh Sthaana is the fourth Bhaava and Trikonaas to this are the 8th, 12th. So from A7 the Grahas connected to the 4th, 8th or the 12th are what we are talking about.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

I am sorry i dont know what does sukh trikona mean , as of now i only know 4 trikonas dharma artha kama moksha , if my understanding is right you must be refering kama trikona 3 7 11 as sukha trikona

And if this is right then i think since A7 is for passion then grahas placed 3 7 11 from A7 must be giving marriage as 3 is for initiative 7 desires 11 gains and D9 is specified as it is generally said to be used for partner

Correct me if it is worng as i wrote it my understanding

Regards

Swapnil

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Namaskaar Rishiji,

I have a question on the Paad of Kumbha /Vrishchika.

You have mentioned that the stronger of Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu to be used. If I remember correctly, assessing of strength of Rahu and Ketu is tricky. JHora for e.g, does not give the strength of the nodes.

Can you please throw some light on this?

CRS
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:15 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Rishiji,

I have a question on the Paad of Kumbha /Vrishchika.

You have mentioned that the stronger of Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu to be used. If I remember correctly, assessing of strength of Rahu and Ketu is tricky. JHora for e.g, does not give the strength of the nodes.

Can you please throw some light on this?

CRS

Namashkaar mysbcrs ji,

An easy way to find it would be to observe the following rules respectively:=    Let us take the example of 'Kumbha'.  'Sani' or 'Rahu' becomes the contestants.

Now take the rasis Sani and Rahu are placed in. Find which is stronger.

(1)See if Rahu/Sani is with more or less planets Whoever is with more planets get more strength.
If they are with equal number of planets then

(2)See if they are aspected by Mercury or Jupiter or its (the signs) lord.

(3)If with equal number of planets then give more points for exaltation, moolatrikona, own house etc. in descending order.

(4)If still they are still equal in strength see their sign position.
Dual signs are stronger than fixed signs. Fixed signs are stronger than movable signs.

As far as we undersand the ''Jhora' does assess it.
Go to 'preferance'. Then to 'calculations'. Then to 'Arudha pada' options. The use your intelligence.   Its easy! Isn't it?

vivek and RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Dhanyavaad Rishiji,
Go to 'preferance'. Then to 'calculations'. Then to 'Arudha pada' options
Thanks for pointing this out. While this offers a "ready made" solution, I am still clueless about the relative strengths of Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu. The process that you have outlined certainly helps me to validate (from a learner's perspective) JHora paada results.

CRS
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Dhanyavaad Rishiji,
Go to 'preferance'. Then to 'calculations'. Then to 'Arudha pada' options
Thanks for pointing this out. While this offers a "ready made" solution, I am still clueless about the relative strengths of Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu. The process that you have outlined certainly helps me to validate (from a learner's perspective) JHora paada results.

CRS

Namashkaar mysbcrs,

We insist that you read the above post again. The rules for finding out which is stronger amongst Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu is given.

vivek and RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Dhanyavaad Rishiji,

I think you misunderstood my post.

"rules for finding out which is stronger amongst Rahu/Shani and Mangal/Ketu is given" is what I meant when I said "process that you have outlined certainly helps me to validate (from a learner's perspective) JHora paada results"

Apologies for the miscommunication.

CRS
CRS

kumar69

Placement of signs and from AL and L

Post by kumar69 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Dear RishiJi VivekJi
  Namaskar

I got confused again ...
(Example - Cn lagna and 10th house contains AL. 9th from AL is Sg which is also 6th from Lagna. The paka rasi for Sg is Ge(say)with Ju in it)

1.Suppose a period of the 9th house from AL is running and it is the 6th house from Lagna How will it be??

- will it show sixth house signification(like struggling) while the world will perceive it to be a fortunate thing happening to the native?

2.How does signification of paka rasi plays role in the above case??

-if the paka of the above house is in the 12th house of losses will the above struggle lead to losses only??

Please clarify

Regards

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Placement of signs and from AL and L

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:00 pm

kumar69 wrote:Dear RishiJi VivekJi
  Namaskar

I got confused again ...
(Example - Cn lagna and 10th house contains AL. 9th from AL is Sg which is also 6th from Lagna. The paka rasi for Sg is Ge(say)with Ju in it)

1.Suppose a period of the 9th house from AL is running and it is the 6th house from Lagna How will it be??

- will it show sixth house signification(like struggling) while the world will perceive it to be a fortunate thing happening to the native?

2.How does signification of paka rasi plays role in the above case??

-if the paka of the above house is in the 12th house of losses will the above struggle lead to losses only??

Please clarify

Regards

Namashkaar kumar69,

The period of 9th. lord from the AL would be Jupiter.. Right.

So since Jupiter dasa would be running.. First we have to see which houses Jupiter are the lords of; ex: 6th. & 9th. from Cancer Lagna.

Remember functional lordships are to be seen from LAGNA strictly speaking.

Thus Jupiter becomes a functional benefic enhancing luck factors; which means that it could enhance luck factors.

You are right about..''will it show sixth house signification(like struggling) while the world will perceive it to be a fortunate thing happening to the native?'

Paka, means where the rasi lord is deposited, which you have understood.

Paka of a sign means where the intelligence is applied in regards to the sign. Ex: paka lagna is where you apply your own intelligence.

The paka of the above house is in the 12th house of losses from Lagna (note that it is a natural & functional benefic) + it is also in the 7th. house to its rasi.      So it is where the 6th. house applies its intelligence.

We hope the last point is clear & it should be as we have explained the meaning of paka.

Why & for which/what reason are you trying to take the paka rasi of the 6th. house? Dasa lord Jupiter is not even placed in the 6th. house.

vivek & RishiRahul

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”