lesson 17 planetary motions.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
In the given Horoscope Surya is in Vrisha and Shani is in Mithuna. Shani is combust. Surya is the faster moving graha here and hence Shani will get fully combust in a couple of Days and thereafter the efffect of combustion will be on the waning side.
so initially it will be difficult but with time the effect will tail off.
In the Bhaava chalit the two grahas are conjunct and hence it is the Natives feeling about the situation which is the culprit.
In truth it may not affect the 10th bhaava as it is not placed in the 10th in raashi, but the native will feel that it is effecting his professional life. The reason being the Bhaava Chalit chakra.
The Aadityas will impact by way of coloring the Situation. For this we need to talk to the native and get to know the exact manifestation of the results of Shani's combustion.

RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji Rahulji

Say a combusation occurs at a sandhi then what is the effect. For example: 13.06.1973, 11.33 am, Karaikudi(Tamil Nadu).  Here Saturn is combust.  So it indicate problems in father-son relationship.  However, Sat is ahead of Sun.  So it means efforts are being made by native to overcome it.  

Now how to factor in the dwadasha adityas in this case?  the form of sun in taurus is aryamaan indicating blessing and in gemini is mitra.  should we presume that all these three areas indicate problems?  could you also elaborate a little bit more on the dwadash adityas if possible?

also, will sat be causing problems to 10th house significations too or just restricted to 11th.  my guess is there will be delays in earnings/savings accruing from professional/job/business.

pranavg

Re: The inferior Grahas.

Post by pranavg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Namaskar all,

I am finding it difficult to understand how to identify whether the inferior grahas (Shukra and Budha) are having inferior conjunction or superior conjunction with Surya...
I mean, in the kundali they will be seen in the same bhaava as Surya during inferior as well as superior conjunction. How do we know which conjunction type is it for Shukra and Budha?

Can some one please help me understand?

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
vivekvshetty wrote:The inferior grahas (Shukra and Budha) are a bit different in that they may be between Surya and Earth or they may be the other side of the Surya and still be seen as combust (Actually the Combust grahas are not seen due to the glare of Surya).

If they are between Surya and Earth and close to the longitude of Surya they are said to be in Inferior conjunction. Technically speaking the graha is causing a eclipse of Surya here.

If the Surya is between the inferior Graha and Earth then it is called Superior conjunction. Technically this is a clear cut case of combustion.
For a better understanding, see the Attachment.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 pm

direction is the key...! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Thank you Rohiniranjanji.
I think now I can visualize... sometimes you need a hint and I think I have just got it.

Before budha (or shukra) gets vakri, it is between sun and earth; during vakri motion, it gets to the other side and when the vakri motion ends and it gets direct is the time when it getting back in between sun and earth.

Delighted!!! I hope I have got it.
Thank you Rohiniranjanji :)

Thanks and regards,
Pranav

I am still finding it difficult to visualize... I mean the ku
Rohiniranjan wrote:direction is the key...! ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:49 pm

err... umm... ahem!

This might help (with some visualization as homework!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_ ... From_Earth
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

pranavg

Post by pranavg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks for that Rohiniranjanji.
I think I have got it now unless my explanation in the previous post is wrong.
But anyway, this will certainly help.

Thanks and regards,
Pranav
Rohiniranjan wrote:err... umm... ahem!

This might help (with some visualization as homework!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_ ... From_Earth

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Correct highway, but wrong direction... ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”