lesson 17 planetary motions.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:21 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
One of the factors that we notice when a superior Graha is combust is that it has very low Chesta bala. This is just the opposite of retrogression wherein the graha has high chesta bala.

Coming to the horoscope, we find that birth was on Ekaadashi and this is also a contributing factor to the Anger issues.

She needs to be cooled. Rudrabhisheka is one way, Sphatika also will help. Shanti mantras will work very well.

vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

The native is a female, unmarried. The TOB is not rectified. I will broefly mention whatever I know of her.

1. Mentally disturbed. Was under treatment without her knowledge (administered thru food). She discovered it and stopped it altogethar. Last 4/5 years have been very bad. Just a few days back she again consented to continue treatment and is better. But this is just drug induced normalcy.
2. Manifestations of her disturbance - Hates her parents, siblings. Aggressive speech (only to them or about them), locks herself up for days without eating etc., throwing away household articles to spite them etc.
3. In her Ma MD she fell in love with someone which did not translate into marriage.
4. She has at times hinted that she is in communion with multiple Gurus

As the TOB is not rectified, I am adding a few other info that may help if necessary.

1. TOB error margin less than 2 hours.
2. She has two male siblings, one elder and one younger.
3. She used to teach off and on
4. Her father was also a teacher for a living and was into healing as service.
5. Mother - home maker. She hates her mother the most.

CRS
Nmamaskaar CRS ji,
Mangal and Surya in conjunction shows too much heat. The Raashi also of Agni Tatwa  and hence temper and anger issues will have to be dealt with.  Surya is moving away from Mangal and hence this will recede as time goes by.
The Bhaava is the third and the problem may be relating siblings, ears, initiatives and other things ruled by the third bhaava.
The Aaditya is Savitur and hence it again shows heat. This is the word which started the creation process and hence there is a danger of wrongly reciting some mantras and hence experiencing severe problems.
Your feed back awaited.

vivek

mysbcrs wrote:
Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Quote:
i wuold be happy if anybody could share any birthdata fitting the example a
asked by you, as i dont seem to have any horoscope matching it.

Can you pls explain on combustion of Mars in this native whom I know personally?

1st May 1966, Hubli 03:30 am.

CRS

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

I am sorry. I am still not able to get the concept of specific Aditya colouring the combust graha.

In the example case, which of the negative effects do we attribute to Dhaataa/Savitur?

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
It will take time and patience is a virtue here. This is a bit advanced and we require to know more of the references to the Aadityaas in the scriptures.

In the present horoscope, there was too much Agni in Mesha, this is the head. Thus any mantra received from a Guru (third bhaava), if very powerful and proper precautions are not taken as to the rules and regulations followed, can result in such situations as seen in the Natives life.
Here Dhaata/savitur represents the word (mantra). The negativity was because of the combustion and not because of Dhaata. The Aadityaa was only a catalyst.
To put it more simply, the problem was of temper due to the combustion of Mangal, this may have been aggravated due to the other factors, specially the tendency to jump headlong into things and overdo them. This tendency also is a trait of Mangal.

RishiRahul and vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

I am sorry. I am still not able to get the concept of specific Aditya colouring the combust graha.

In the example case, which of the negative effects do we attribute to Dhaataa/Savitur?

CRS

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:34 am

Vivekji,

I am confused between surya-budha combustion and budhaaditya yoga.  as far as i deduce from the lesson, combustion can happen irrespective of rashi placement of sun and other planets and BA yog occurs when they both are in the same raashi(correct me if i am wrong).

but if budh is within combust degree, then what will be the effect? will it give both the results i.e issues related to speech and also the effect of BA yoga?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
I remeber a very old post of Pundit Sanjay Rath way back in 2002 replied to a similar query.
I copy Paste the same here.

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath@...> wrote:

om gurave namah
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lakshmi
How can I lose something that I do not own? It is like saying that the beggar lost a kingdom!!! Intelligence is called Dhi and is ruled by Brihaspati. What is combustion? It is the placement of a planet BEHIND the Sun and what is ECLIPSE? It is the placement IN FRONT OF the Sun. The Sun represents the ruling powers. Thus, in the Mahabharata battle, the Sun (Karna) was on the side of Duryodhana. The most crucial stage in the battle was when arjuna was to fulfill his promise of killling his sons murderer within a day, else commit suicide and we see how the eclipse came to his rescue. Thus, the eclipse which indicates major political changes in the land where it occurs did occur in North India and the result was that from that very moment, the tide changed in favor of the Pandava.

In contrast, when a planet is behind the Sun, the ruling powers shall become stronger by supressing the matters ruled by the planet. For example Mercury is the power to learn and this is very important for growth. Thus Mercury rules the natural upachaya and those people who learn through out their lives are growing, others are not. When the combustion od Mercury occurs, such people normally stop learning, especially when this happens in transit. On the other hand, if Mercury is ahead of the Sun, it gains "EXTRA RAYS" and then the learning ability is far inexcess of what is natural. Such people learn fast and grow fast.

In the light of this, we can have a "FEW TYPES" of Budha-Aditya Yoga. Here, aditya is the power to work and earn money for a happy life. In the Budha-aditya Yoga, the learner learns quickly the skills etc required to excell in his practise/work. If Mercury is behind the Sun in degrees, then he continues to follow what is taught; if ahead of the Sun, he tries one-upmanship on this superiors; if behind the Sun, he fails to learn much and is just copying his superios; if in front of the Sun, he learns a lot and also develops his own methods to work better.

IN FRONT of the sun for exterior planets like Mars, Saturn & Jupiter means opposite or Retrograde. Thus, a retrograde planet (except venus) gets extra rays or is capable of doing better than what is being taught and shall surpass or excel others in his line. Venus when direct is excellent.

With best wishes
Sanjay Rath

Let us see whatyou make of this reply.

Rishirahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji,

I am confused between surya-budha combustion and budhaaditya yoga.  as far as i deduce from the lesson, combustion can happen irrespective of rashi placement of sun and other planets and BA yog occurs when they both are in the same raashi(correct me if i am wrong).

but if budh is within combust degree, then what will be the effect? will it give both the results i.e issues related to speech and also the effect of BA yoga?

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Thanks for the pointing us to a nice post from Pt.Rathji.

I could not understand how any graha can be behind Ravi since Ravi is in reality the farthest and I think also appears so. In other words, if a graha is combust it should be in between Ravi and Earth in line of sight.

CRS
CRS

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Wed May 05, 2010 8:09 am

Vivekji,

Here is my understanding: All planets get combust when they are eclipsed by Surya. &nbsp;Outer planets are retrogade when earth eclipses them. &nbsp;As they are closest to earth at this point they reflect the maximum amount of Sun's rays to earth. Outer planets do not eclipse Surya. &nbsp;When inner planets eclipse Surya, they are closest to earth and they get extra rays which mixes with Surya's rays when reaching the earth and so the yogas are formed. &nbsp;By this logic, is there a yoga when Shukra eclipses Surya? &nbsp;

However, my doubt now is: will not the motion of inner planet look like that of a ball oscillating with Surya as the central point when viewed from earth? &nbsp;So how do we deduce that the planet is either in front or back of Surya in a horoscope software?(I am having feeling that this is going to turn out to be a very stupid question, because I fear I have overlooked something basic.)

Now I think I understand why people with mental problems suffer during amavasya/lunar eclipses and also why its the best time for meditation.

I was also thinking: combustion can be blessing in disguise for Mars and Saturn depending on the placements of Sun, Mars or Saturn?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu May 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
We referred to the superior and inferior conjunctions in this lesson.
All outer Grahas will be behind Surya during conjunction.
The problem is with the inner Grahas - Budha and Shukra. they can be inbetween the Earth and Surya or behind Surya as veiweed from Earth during conjunction.
Lahiri's condensed ephemeris does give the details.

Rishirahul and vivek.

Thanks for the pointing us to a nice post from Pt.Rathji.

I could not understand how any graha can be behind Ravi since Ravi is in reality the farthest and I think also appears so. In other words, if a graha is combust it should be in between Ravi and Earth in line of sight.

CRS

nikitin

Gochar (transit time of planets)

Post by nikitin » Thu May 13, 2010 7:34 am

I have referred to a few books that talk about transits (gochar) of the planets. However they do not mention about the calculation of the same nor it mentions about the transit periods of planets in each house (for e.g. Saturn stays for 2.5 years and rahu/ketu stays for 18 months in each house before they move to the next house). Can someone provide me with the transit periods of the rest of planets and calculation of transits?

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 am

Vivekji, Sorry for being a bother. This is a gentle reminder to seek your comments on my post which I quote below:

Here is my understanding: All planets get combust when they are eclipsed by Surya.  Outer planets are retrogade when earth eclipses them.  As they are closest to earth at this point they reflect the maximum amount of Sun's rays to earth. Outer planets do not eclipse Surya.  When inner planets eclipse Surya, they are closest to earth and they get extra rays which mixes with Surya's rays when reaching the earth and so the yogas are formed.  By this logic, is there a yoga when Shukra eclipses Surya?  

However, my doubt now is: will not the motion of inner planet look like that of a ball oscillating with Surya as the central point when viewed from earth?  So how do we deduce that the planet is either in front or back of Surya in a horoscope software?(I am having feeling that this is going to turn out to be a very stupid question, because I fear I have overlooked something basic.)

Now I think I understand why people with mental problems suffer during amavasya/lunar eclipses and also why its the best time for meditation.

I was also thinking: combustion can be blessing in disguise for Mars and Saturn depending on the placements of Sun, Mars or Saturn?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:56 am

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
First of all i would like to apologize for the long absence (which i think will be a regular feature for some time now). Co ming to your doubts ,our comments below.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji, Sorry for being a bother. This is a gentle reminder to seek your comments on my post which I quote below:

Here is my understanding: All planets get combust when they are eclipsed by Surya.  Outer planets are retrogade when earth eclipses them.  As they are closest to earth at this point they reflect the maximum amount of Sun's rays to earth. Outer planets do not eclipse Surya.  When inner planets eclipse Surya, they are closest to earth and they get extra rays which mixes with Surya's rays when reaching the earth and so the yogas are formed.  By this logic, is there a yoga when Shukra eclipses Surya?  
When Shukra Eclipses Surya it is taken to be combust. The reason for this is that for Shukra (if we land on it and are able to take the heat!) The Sunrise will be on the west and sunset will be east.
However, my doubt now is: will not the motion of inner planet look like that of a ball oscillating with Surya as the central point when viewed from earth?  So how do we deduce that the planet is either in front or back of Surya in a horoscope software?(I am having feeling that this is going to turn out to be a very stupid question, because I fear I have overlooked something basic.)
You are talking of a 2D frame of reference when you speak of the grahas oscillating. we are taking the 3D reference when we talk of the superior and inferior conjunctions.
Usually i look up at some planetarium software to &nbsp;see the same. Winstar is a nice one. It has a free version for download i think.

Combustion is a blessing only if the Native is ready to face the heat and turn it to her/his advantage.
Rishirahul and vivek

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 am

Vivekji,

I thought you had abandoned us. Thank god its not so. &nbsp;:)

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

My understanding is - please do correct me:

1. Outer planets (Sa, Ma and Ju) - Since their orbits are more distant than Earth's from Su, they will always be behind Su.
2. Inner planets (Me, Ve) - Since they are always close to Su (never more than 60 deg apart in the zodiac), they must always be either behind Su or in front of Su.

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,

My understanding is - please do correct me:

1. Outer planets (Sa, Ma and Ju) - Since their orbits are more distant than Earth's from Su, they will always be behind Su. when combust
2. Inner planets (Me, Ve) - Since they are always close to Su (never more than 60 deg apart in the zodiac), they must always be either behind Su or in front of Su.

CRS
Rest of your understanding is perfect.
RishiRAhul and vivek.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:41 am

Vivekji Rahulji

Say a combusation occurs at a sandhi then what is the effect. For example: 13.06.1973, 11.33 am, Karaikudi(Tamil Nadu). &nbsp;Here Saturn is combust. &nbsp;So it indicate problems in father-son relationship. &nbsp;However, Sat is ahead of Sun. &nbsp;So it means efforts are being made by native to overcome it. &nbsp;

Now how to factor in the dwadasha adityas in this case? &nbsp;the form of sun in taurus is aryamaan indicating blessing and in gemini is mitra. &nbsp;should we presume that all these three areas indicate problems? &nbsp;could you also elaborate a little bit more on the dwadash adityas if possible?

also, will sat be causing problems to 10th house significations too or just restricted to 11th. &nbsp;my guess is there will be delays in earnings/savings accruing from professional/job/business.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”