Lesson 18. Let us start applying the knowledge gained.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,

I am glad to be off the block first to let loose my imagination to commit "original" mistakes :smt005

Following are my observations on the chart:

7th house in a fiery dual sign may mean the native expects a fiery but flexible spouse.

Lagnesh Me in 7th - Relationship will be an important pre-occupation to the native and he will be lucky in this aspect. Me may also indicate younger spouse and an element of youthfulness in approach to relationships. Making monetary gains, may also be one of the objectives sought to be fulfilled through relationships. But 7th being MKS for Me, this may also turn out to be an area where the native encounters turmoils that leaves an indelible mark. Maternal uncle may also have a role in relationships. Me being in Su's nakshatra may reduce the propensity
for indiscipline in relationships. Ke in nakshtra of Shukra the yogakaraka also indicates happy tidings. Ju in Me's nakshatra and Shukra in Ju's also add to the happy tidings.

Ra-Ke axis afflicts the 7th house strongly. Ra's aspect may indicate either some foreign influence or scheming by others that tend to spoil the relationships. Ke's presence may indicate secret relationships. However Ra as thithi lord aspecting 5th house ruling Jala tatwa is a supportive factor.

7th lord Guru being swagrihi in 10th may mean the spouse is flexible and creative person and not the fiery type the native expects. S/he will also be a mature and upright erson with a very well defined value system. In other words, native's interests on a bit of adventurousness in relationship may get frustrated. Being in 10th which is 4th from 7th may mean the spouse to be home oriented but very supportive of native's profession.

Exalted Karaka Shukra with swagrihi Guru in 10th means success in relationships. Being lord of 5th may mean a love marriage possibly in the backdrop of work environment. Conjunction of yogakaraka Shukra with 7/10 L Guru makes this a seat of Rajayoga and hence the native will be very lucky in this respect.

ULbeing in 8th, though does not augur well, Sa as the lord of 8th and 9th mitigates it to some extent. Presence of exalted and combust Ma along with Su in UL may make the marriage all the more fiery.  Presence of UL lord in 2nd which is marakasthan for affect the lobgevity of marriage. Mo being the 7th lord from UL and placed in 10th may mean the partner to be money minded. Ra's aspect on 7th from UL and on Mo reinforces Ra's effect earlier mentioned.

In Navamsha, lagna and Me being vargottama ensures that the native will be lucky in respect of relationships. Ju lord of 7th in Cp (UL in Rasi) and Ve in Cn protects the native against Ma and Su combo.

If we look at Dasha sequence, marriageable age is covered by Sa MD. Since Sa is unconnected to 7th in any manner, marriage before 34 years of age would be possible only on the strength of UL. Presence of Ma and Su although negative is compensated by Sa getting exalted in Navamsa. Hence marriage may have taken place in Sa-Ve period. If so possibly would have run into problems in Sa-Ma and Sa-Ra periods to be retrieved in Sa-Ju period.

Will look forward to corrections from you.

Thanks
CRS

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

I find a beautiful explanations of the chart by CRS ji. He has explained many points, through which I could learn many things. I too wish to share few  points regarding the chart here. But I dont know whether I am rite or not. I wish u will correct me if  if I am wrong.

I see the 7 th Bhava has lagnesh and 4 th lord along with kethu. 7th Bhava is receiving the aspect of Rahu which is not favourable  for  happy married life. Due to this I think the native might have got delay in marriage and the marriage might have taken place after the age of 33 only. More over spouse might be more spiritually oriented and very God fearing and willing to visit many pilgrime  places in the life time. But the native can differ in this regard. I arrived into this conclusion seeing the kethu in 7 th house of the native.

7 th lord Guru is placed in 10th house, means  karma stan, which could make the native very much work oriented, say he may be a workaholic. The native may be travelling a lot due to work pressure and may be away from home, which can make the spouse very much displeased with  him and may hinder the happiness of married life. But Guru being 10th lord and  placed in his own house, will make the native very successful in his work place and  make him earn a  lot  and will allow him to lead a decent living with all comforts of life. But the native will be more materialistic  I feel.

Sukra,  karaka for marriage is in exaltation. Being in 10th Sukra can make the native   very much attractive towards opposite sex., which can hinder the happy marital life of the couples.  But the combination of Guru , the 7th lord with Sukra , will be the saving grace of marital life, and can protect the native from separation from partner.

UL falls in the 8th house from lagna, which is not very conducive for martial happiness. UL has exalted mars and Sun combination. I think  it would  have created  many hardships in the marital life of the native. Moreover Shani is seen in the second house from UL, which is also considered not  good. But at the same time exalted shani in navamsa, vargotham Lagna, vargotham Budha are blessings in this chart.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Dear Vivek

Going by our format here are my views with some add on information

1. the seventh bhaava

As you said attitude of native towards marriage and partnership
Since dhanu is fiery sign his attitude may be agressive type when it comes to relation or we say possessive attitude
Bhudha in it MKS of it will give death like experince may be related to home or health as it is lord of lagna and 4th also since budha is child it will give kiddish approach as mentioned by you

Ketu exalted in 7th shows spritual or confused approach (As it is headless)

Here ketu is also co lord of 6th which also shows it can give bhramachari period

2. the Seventh lord

Guru is 7th lord in own rashi that is very good also up on that it is in kendra (There is i think some maha purush yoga i dont exactly remember but i heard some thing related to guru in kendra and also in own rashi or exaltation or mool tri gives it in pandit ji MP3 lessons please let me know if i am right or wrong)

7th lord in 10th i think partner may be more work oriented or may be found partner at workplace

3. the Kaaraka

Karaka shukra is exalted with also with benific graha add on advantage

AL has exalted shukra may be natives image has gone up or he is famous due to woman or spouse or may be marriage bought rise in image

4. the upapada

UL is in 8th that is not good as it shows person marries to clear previous birth karmas here again mangal is exalted in UL it shows rise after marriage sun is 8th lord from UL sun is shani sign not good 8th from UL shows longitivity up on that UL lord is in maraka also shatru pada (A6) joins UL

UL is 11th from AL may be married for gains

As per me over all mentioned combination related to UL shows not a good marriage 8th from UL in UL and A6 i think show death of spouse

5. the Daarapada

A7 with AL shows always in  company of opposite sex
A7 has guru also shows company of intellectual people
A7 has shukra also shows company of fun loving people

6. the navaamsha.

Since in rashi UL, 7th and karaka does not solve our objective so now i try D9

Lagna is vargottam it shows native have long life also bhudha is vargottam it shows native may famous due to his talkitive nature but budha here again in MKS here it shows sure death like experince

lord of 7th is in maraka also karaka shukra is afflicted with surya in 2nd

7. the Panchaanga factor.

Thiti lord in lagna and 9th from the reference complains may be related to long distance travel

Over all marriage is trouble for the native

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Great Attempts.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:39 am

Namaskaar All,
W e are glad to see another learner also attempting to decipher the chart. let us try to understand the approaches of all three learners here.
First point to note in the chart is the presence of the three benefics in the kendra Sthaanas. This it self shows us that the chart has great potential. The nodes are in their exaltation.
CRS ji:
7th house in a fiery dual sign may mean the native expects a fiery but flexible spouse.
Does this mean that all Mithuna Lagna natives have the same expectations?
if we were to use this, we would first see if the Bhaava is occupied or unoccupied. if occupied then the Raashi is not given much importance. If it is unoccupied then we see the Raashi the lord of the Bhaava is placed or the Paaka of the Bhaava.  

Lagnesh Me in 7th - Relationship will be an important pre-occupation to the native and he will be lucky in this aspect. Me may also indicate younger spouse and an element of youthfulness in approach to relationships. Making monetary gains, may also be one of the objectives sought to be fulfilled through relationships. But 7th being MKS for Me, this may also turn out to be an area where the native encounters turmoils that leaves an indelible mark. Maternal uncle may also have a role in relationships. Me being in Su's nakshatra may reduce the propensity for indiscipline in relationships. Ke in nakshtra of Shukra the yogakaraka also indicates happy tidings. Ju in Me's nakshatra and Shukra in Ju's also add to the happy tidings.
Remember that where ever the 1st lord is placed, it draws sustainance from that Bhaava. In effect the bhaava suffers depletion. Hence in the classics one of the result for the placement of the first lord in the seventh is given as short life to the spouse.
Here we see the Bhaava as well as the Bhaavesh to be strong and hence this (short life) is not expected in this chart.
Ketu is never bad for marriages and it is exalted in this chart.
Budha rules the 1st and the fourth bhaava and the native will see MKS effects due to own pursuits or in home related matters.

Ra-Ke axis afflicts the 7th house strongly. Ra's aspect may indicate either some foreign influence or scheming by others that tend to spoil the relationships. Ke's presence may indicate secret relationships. However Ra as thithi lord aspecting 5th house ruling Jala tatwa is a supportive factor.

7th lord Guru being swagrihi in 10th may mean the spouse is flexible and creative person and not the fiery type the native expects. S/he will also be a mature and upright erson with a very well defined value system. In other words, native's interests on a bit of adventurousness in relationship may get frustrated. Being in 10th which is 4th from 7th may mean the spouse to be home oriented but very supportive of native's profession.

Exalted Karaka Shukra with swagrihi Guru in 10th means success in relationships. Being lord of 5th may mean a love marriage possibly in the backdrop of work environment. Conjunction of yogakaraka Shukra with 7/10 L Guru makes this a seat of Rajayoga and hence the native will be very lucky in this respect.
Yes it was a love marriage but in the same community, there was some age difference, the spouse is younger to the native by about 9 years. They are a perfect couple, complimenting each other perfectly and still very much in love as in the initial stages.

ULbeing in 8th, though does not augur well, Sa as the lord of 8th and 9th mitigates it to some extent. Presence of exalted and combust Ma along with Su in UL may make the marriage all the more fiery.  Presence of UL lord in 2nd which is marakasthan for affect the lobgevity of marriage. Mo being the 7th lord from UL and placed in 10th may mean the partner to be money minded. Ra's aspect on 7th from UL and on Mo reinforces Ra's effect earlier mentioned.

In Navamsha, lagna and Me being vargottama ensures that the native will be lucky in respect of relationships. Ju lord of 7th in Cp (UL in Rasi) and Ve in Cn protects the native against Ma and Su combo.

If we look at Dasha sequence, marriageable age is covered by Sa MD. Since Sa is unconnected to 7th in any manner, marriage before 34 years of age would be possible only on the strength of UL. Presence of Ma and Su although negative is compensated by Sa getting exalted in Navamsa. Hence marriage may have taken place in Sa-Ve period. If so possibly would have run into problems in Sa-Ma and Sa-Ra periods to be retrieved in Sa-Ju period.
Marriage was in the Shani/raahu period i think.
On the whole this is a very good analysis and reflecting the reality.
Prasanna ji:
I see the 7 th Bhava has lagnesh and 4 th lord along with kethu. 7th Bhava is receiving the aspect of Rahu which is not favourable  for  happy married life. Due to this I think the native might have got delay in marriage and the marriage might have taken place after the age of 33 only. More over spouse might be more spiritually oriented and very God fearing and willing to visit many pilgrime  places in the life time. But the native can differ in this regard. I arrived into this conclusion seeing the kethu in 7 th house of the native.
Both of them are very religious and more so the native.

7 th lord Guru is placed in 10th house, means  karma stan, which could make the native very much work oriented, say he may be a workaholic. The native may be travelling a lot due to work pressure and may be away from home, which can make the spouse very much displeased with  him and may hinder the happiness of married life. But Guru being 10th lord and  placed in his own house, will make the native very successful in his work place and  make him earn a  lot  and will allow him to lead a decent living with all comforts of life. But the native will be more materialistic  I feel.
The native is dynamic in business, (remember seventh also means business and partnerships) but always finds time for home and spends quality time with his family. Married life is a very happy one.
      Sukra,  karaka for marriage is in exaltation. Being in 10th Sukra can make the native   very much attractive towards opposite sex., which can hinder the happy marital life of the couples.  But the combination of Guru , the 7th lord with Sukra , will be the saving grace of marital life, and can protect the native from separation from partner.

UL falls in the 8th house from lagna, which is not very conducive for martial happiness. UL has exalted mars and Sun combination. I think  it would  have created  many hardships in the marital life of the native. Moreover Shani is seen in the second house from UL, which is also considered not  good. But at the same time exalted shani in navamsa, vargotham Lagna, vargotham Budha are blessings in this chart.
Good attempt Prasanna ji, you will be a good Jyotishi no doubt.
Swapnil ji:
1. the seventh bhaava

As you said attitude of native towards marriage and partnership
Since dhanu is fiery sign his attitude may be agressive type when it comes to relation or we say possessive attitude
Why do you say this?
Bhudha in it MKS of it will give death like experince may be related to home or health as it is lord of lagna and 4th also since budha is child it will give kiddish approach as mentioned by you
Here the seventh Bhaava is the Paaka lagna, unlike the previous chart.

Will an exalted ketu give headless approach? What does exaltation of Ketu mean? How is the Puraanic story of Ganesh related to this?
Here ketu is also co lord of 6th which also shows it can give bhramachari period
Quiet possible, but it may be for spiritual reasons?

2. the Seventh lord

Guru is 7th lord in own rashi that is very good also up on that it is in kendra (There is i think some maha purush yoga i dont exactly remember but i heard some thing related to guru in kendra and also in own rashi or exaltation or mool tri gives it in pandit ji MP3 lessons please let me know if i am right or wrong)
Yes there are two Mahaapurusha Yogas in this chart technically. But only one is active or working.

7th lord in 10th i think partner may be more work oriented or may be found partner at workplace

3. the Kaaraka

Karaka shukra is exalted with also with benific graha add on advantage

AL has exalted shukra may be natives image has gone up or he is famous due to woman or spouse or may be marriage bought rise in image
This is good thought process and Jyotish thinking. Swapnil ji, we think you are getting a hang of this.
4. the upapada

UL is in 8th that is not good as it shows person marries to clear previous birth karmas here again mangal is exalted in UL it shows rise after marriage sun is 8th lord from UL sun is shani sign not good 8th from UL shows longitivity up on that UL lord is in maraka also shatru pada (A6) joins UL
We can never be sure that the spouse was his first romantic interest.
This is not right, UL in 11th from Al may mean that the native may gain from marriage. It doesn't mean marriage for gains. Two different things.

As per me over all mentioned combination related to UL shows not a good marriage 8th from UL in UL and A6 i think show death of spouse

5. the Daarapada

A7 with AL shows always in  company of opposite sex
A7 has guru also shows company of intellectual people
A7 has shukra also shows company of fun loving people

6. the navaamsha.

Since in rashi UL, 7th and karaka does not solve our objective so now i try D9

Lagna is vargottam it shows native have long life also bhudha is vargottam it shows native may famous due to his talkitive nature but budha here again in MKS here it shows sure death like experince

lord of 7th is in maraka also karaka shukra is afflicted with surya in 2nd

7. the Panchaanga factor.

Thiti lord in lagna and 9th from the reference complains may be related to long distance travel
Why not religious observances?

Over all marriage is trouble for the native
RishiRahul and vivek

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Thanks indeed for the corrections. I have some doubts. Request you to clarify.
if we were to use this, we would first see if the Bhaava is occupied or unoccupied. if occupied then the Raashi is not given much importance. If it is unoccupied then we see the Raashi the lord of the Bhaava is placed or the Paaka of the Bhaava.
What do we use to read the attitude of spouse towards marriage?
Remember that where ever the 1st lord is placed, it draws sustainance from that Bhaava. In effect the bhaava suffers depletion. Hence in the classics one of the result for the placement of the first lord in the seventh is given as short life to the spouse.
To understand this more clearly, can you explain this using some other bhava as example, say 4th bhava?
Ketu is never bad for marriages
Does this mean that Ketu as a paapi will affect relationships other than marriage?

Also can you pls tell us when did the marriage take place?

Since UL is afflicted by Ravi and Kuja lords of 3/11, were the co-borns opposed to the marriage?

CRS

Prasannaji and Swapnil ji thanks for the insights.
CRS

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:25 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Your quote,  "  Good attempt Prasanna ji, you will be a good Jyotishi no doubt.  "   made me feel very happy. I took this as a real blessing from You. By the grace of God and with your blessings, I wish I should prove your expectations in future. Your above quoted words really motivates me to learn the subject well. Thanks a lot for that.

I too have one more doubt. Please clarify that.. U have quoted, the three benefic grahas in kendra shows great potential in the chart. But I always read, Budha and Guru always suffers Kendradhipathya Dosh when attaining kendra konas. If so, what is the effect of such Dosh in this chart? Kindly share more about this Kendradhipathya Dosh. In this chart we are seeing Budha in 7th house and Guru in  10 th house. So what about this Kendradhipathya Dosh.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 am

Dear Vivek ji,

Why do you say this?

--- Here i tried to mix rashi characteristic of dhanu

Will an exalted ketu give headless approach? What does exaltation of Ketu mean? How is the Puraanic story of Ganesh related to this?

--- i think it will give more spritual approach as ketu is karaka of sprituality. Pls tell me which puranic story of lord ganesha is it that shiva cutting head and then fixing elephant head because cutting head also shows ketu i have a article related to it and story of ganesh in it too i dint understood it is pasted below but i try to understand

GANESHA – KETU – AND MOKSHA

The traditional literature also explains the reason why Ketu is said to
represent Lord Ganesha4 and is associated with the department of Moksha as its
karaka.
Goddess Parvati created a clay model of a baby boy and infused life into it.
She then ordered him to stand guard while she had her ablutions. Lord Shiva who
returned home was stopped by this boy from entering the house. Infuriated with this
act, Lord Shiva killed the boy by severing his head with his Trishul5, without realizing
that after all the boy was his own son as it was Goddess Parvati who had created
him out of clay and infused life in him. When Goddess Parvati learnt of her son’s
death, she demanded that the boy be brought back to life. Lord Vishnu then ordered
that the head of the first visible living being be brought for bringing back the life in the child. The first available living being was Iravata6, a white elephant, whose head
was severed and brought back to revive the dead child of Parvati, and is thus also
called Gajapathy. Lord Vishnu placed the head of the elephant and revived the child
back to life and named him Ganesha.
As it was Lord Vishnu who gave life to Ganesha, the entire focus or Dhyana of
Lord Ganesha is on Maha Vishnu. Hence, Lord Ganesha is known to naturally give
the gati for Moksha to any individual who prays to him. Since the body of the baby
boy was made out of clay and later on life infused in it by Goddess Parvati, Ketu is
also associated with our physical body. Since Ganesha got the head of an elephant,
Ketu, whenever placed in Sagittarius, is known to have assumed the Gajendra Rupa.
Similarly, Ketu is said to assume the head of the animal indicated by the respective
planet when placed in their respective houses, for example – when placed in the
house of Mars it is said to assume the head of Markata or a monkey.

This is good thought process and Jyotish thinking. Swapnil ji, we think you are getting a hang of this.

--- I dint get your later part of statement pls tell if my approach is right or wrong wrt to my above observation as i heard in some mp3 lecture on arudha but dont remember who's it was your comment will help it for better understanding

This is not right, UL in 11th from Al may mean that the native may gain from marriage. It doesn't mean marriage for gains. Two different things.

--- I wrongly quoted statement sorry

I will put more on remaining left out questions i need time to think on it

P.S : Puranic story i mentioned is right or wrong also would like you to write about lord ganesha as it is main diety who are related to jyotish

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 am

mysbcrs wrote:Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Thanks indeed for the corrections. I have some doubts. Request you to clarify.
What do we use to read the attitude of spouse towards marriage?
We are not sure of this. We will try to update if we find something on this.
To understand this more clearly, can you explain this using some other bhava as example, say 4th bhava?
The first lord is placed in 4th will draw sustainment from it and hence the fourth (Mother) will have to face a lack of resources for it self. this may show up in many ways in real life. Other factors also have their say.
Ketu is never bad for marriages
Does this mean that Ketu as a paapi will affect relationships other than marriage?
Ketu is not bad for marriage because it wants the lineage to continue. In other matters ketu is a Paapi.
Also can you pls tell us when did the marriage take place?
somewhere in the range of 1993/4
Since UL is afflicted by Ravi and Kuja lords of 3/11, were the co-borns opposed to the marriage?
The usual method for judging this, is to see the Kaarakatwas of Grahas placed in the 12th and seventh from the UL.
CRS

Prasannaji and Swapnil ji thanks for the insights.
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 am

prasanna wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

Your quote,  "  Good attempt Prasanna ji, you will be a good Jyotishi no doubt.  "   made me feel very happy. I took this as a real blessing from You. By the grace of God and with your blessings, I wish I should prove your expectations in future. Your above quoted words really motivates me to learn the subject well. Thanks a lot for that.
our good wishes are always there.

I too have one more doubt. Please clarify that.. U have quoted, the three benefic grahas in kendra shows great potential in the chart. But I always read, Budha and Guru always suffers Kendradhipathya Dosh when attaining kendra konas. If so, what is the effect of such Dosh in this chart? Kindly share more about this Kendradhipathya Dosh. In this chart we are seeing Budha in 7th house and Guru in  10 th house. So what about this Kendradhipathya Dosh.
Kendradipatya dosha is different and placement of benefics in Kendras are different.
Kendradipatya Dosha means that when a natural benefic owns a kendra then its ability to give benefic results suffers a flaw or is reduced. This does not mean that it turns into a Malefic. Same way if a malefics owns a kendra then it becomes a little less malefic, we dont think that it can turn into a full fledged benefic. Of course there varying opinions on this and some controversy also. It is because this that we have not given it much importance in this course.

Do you remeber the rule that a natural benefic in Kendra (or good Bhaavas) should be strong and Malefics in Good houses should be weak and vice- versa?
The Kendras are the pillars of the Horoscope and also called the Vishnu Sthaanas. Strong Grahas specially if Benefic will always promote good to the Native.
In this chart the three first rate natural benefics are all placed in the kendras.

Regards,
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:51 am

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji,

Why do you say this?

--- Here i tried to mix rashi characteristic of dhanu
But will it not mean that all Mithuna lagna natives will have the same attitude? This will be a gross generalization.

This related to the exhalation of Ketu. Why does ketu get exhalted only in Dhanu? He has other 11 Raashis also. Why the preference for Dhanus?

--- i think it will give more spritual approach as ketu is karaka of sprituality. Pls tell me which puranic story of lord ganesha is it that shiva cutting head and then fixing elephant head because cutting head also shows ketu i have a article related to it and story of ganesh in it too i dint understood it is pasted below but i try to understand

GANESHA – KETU – AND MOKSHA

The traditional literature also explains the reason why Ketu is said to
represent Lord Ganesha4 and is associated with the department of Moksha as its
karaka.
Goddess Parvati created a clay model of a baby boy and infused life into it.
She then ordered him to stand guard while she had her ablutions. Lord Shiva who
returned home was stopped by this boy from entering the house. Infuriated with this
act, Lord Shiva killed the boy by severing his head with his Trishul5, without realizing
that after all the boy was his own son as it was Goddess Parvati who had created
him out of clay and infused life in him. When Goddess Parvati learnt of her son’s
death, she demanded that the boy be brought back to life. Lord Vishnu then ordered
that the head of the first visible living being be brought for bringing back the life in the child. The first available living being was Iravata6, a white elephant, whose head
was severed and brought back to revive the dead child of Parvati, and is thus also
called Gajapathy. Lord Vishnu placed the head of the elephant and revived the child
back to life and named him Ganesha.
As it was Lord Vishnu who gave life to Ganesha, the entire focus or Dhyana of
Lord Ganesha is on Maha Vishnu. Hence, Lord Ganesha is known to naturally give
the gati for Moksha to any individual who prays to him. Since the body of the baby
boy was made out of clay and later on life infused in it by Goddess Parvati, Ketu is
also associated with our physical body. Since Ganesha got the head of an elephant,
Ketu, whenever placed in Sagittarius, is known to have assumed the Gajendra Rupa.
Similarly, Ketu is said to assume the head of the animal indicated by the respective
planet when placed in their respective houses, for example – when placed in the
house of Mars it is said to assume the head of Markata or a monkey.
Yes the same story.

--- I dint get your later part of statement pls tell if my approach is right or wrong wrt to my above observation as i heard in some mp3 lecture on arudha but dont remember who's it was your comment will help it for better understanding
Swapnil ji, it is so very right that we had to praise you for this.

--- I wrongly quoted statement sorry

I will put more on remaining left out questions i need time to think on it

P.S : Puranic story i mentioned is right or wrong also would like you to write about lord ganesha as it is main diety who are related to jyotish
Reading/writing is good but best is to start knowing Ganesha. Start knowing Him. He is the one closest to you.
Regards

Swapnil
Rishirahul and vivek.
Last edited by vivekvshetty on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vivekvshetty

Apply Kalpadrooma rule.

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Namaskaar Learners,
Can learners apply the Kalparooma rule as given in the latest lesson in this forum, to the two Horoscopes given focusing on the 7th Bhaava? It would be a learning experience for all of us.

RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 am

Dear Vivek ji

I have posted reply on rules mentioned in kalpadrooma yoga thread but as you have mentioned here to focus on 7th bhava is it we consider in example charts 7th house as lagna and apply the rules

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Namaskaar swapnil ji,
Yes you have to take the seventh bhaava and apply the rules of Kalpadrooma yoga.
Awaiting your reply as also of others.
RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

I have posted reply on rules mentioned in kalpadrooma yoga thread but as you have mentioned here to focus on 7th bhava is it we consider in example charts 7th house as lagna and apply the rules

Regards

Swapnil

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Vivek ji,

I did have a look into the chart-2...
Let me try to use my understanding...

7th lord jup is well placed in kendra in its own house that also with exalted ven thus further strengthening the house.
Thus in D-1, 7th lord, pakesh and paka pakessha all are very wel disposed....
in D-9 lord of jup's house is saturn which is in its own house in D-1 in 9th house trikona....

But in D-9 Jup though in trikona but is debilated..Also jup is resulting in kendradhi pati dosha in D-1...(but i will not consider it since u have mentioned just to use kalapdrooma yoga here )......

Kalpdrooma yoga gets applied very well in this chart in relation to 7th house thus marriage shud be good for this native ..
something like
BHAGYA UDYA after marriage but all this shud come with a dis-satisfaction.. or with a negativity
since 7th lord jup is deb in D-9 and D-9 is definetely a final test for a chart atleast in relation to marriage..
thus marriage shud survive with a sense of dis-satisfaction or may be lack of full-understanding...from inside..

Though it would be wrong to make a statement considering only 1 yoga but since others have already interpreteed the chart and i may end up being biased so im going to comment just based on this yoga.

I hope i went fine :)

Regards,
Raman

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Namaskaar raman ji,
Yes you went very fine.
Apply the same to the first chart given and see if there is a qualitative difference.
It is only one yoga but helps us to see the Bhaavas results at a glance and hence is very useful. It is only a complimentary technique to a full reading, but an easy one, specially for a beginner. Then there are finner nuances in this.
Thank you for your participation.
RishiRahul and vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Vivek ji,

I did have a look into the chart-2...
Let me try to use my understanding...

7th lord jup is well placed in kendra in its own house that also with exalted ven thus further strengthening the house.
Thus in D-1, 7th lord, pakesh and paka pakessha all are very wel disposed....
in D-9 lord of jup's house is saturn which is in its own house in D-1 in 9th house trikona....

But in D-9 Jup though in trikona but is debilated..Also jup is resulting in kendradhi pati dosha in D-1...(but i will not consider it since u have mentioned just to use kalapdrooma yoga here )......

Kalpdrooma yoga gets applied very well in this chart in relation to 7th house thus marriage shud be good for this native ..
something like
BHAGYA UDYA after marriage but all this shud come with a dis-satisfaction.. or with a negativity
since 7th lord jup is deb in D-9 and D-9 is definetely a final test for a chart atleast in relation to marriage..
thus marriage shud survive with a sense of dis-satisfaction or may be lack of full-understanding...from inside..

Though it would be wrong to make a statement considering only 1 yoga but since others have already interpreteed the chart and i may end up being biased so im going to comment just based on this yoga.

I hope i went fine :)

Regards,
Raman

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”