Lesson 18. Let us start applying the knowledge gained.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Lesson 18. Let us start applying the knowledge gained.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:34 am

Namaskaar all,
Below is the details of an Example Horoscope.
We want the learners to apply the knowledge gained so far from the lessons given and try to read the horoscope.

Male born on

Date:          June 23, 1966
Time:          22:03:00
Time Zone:     5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place:         72 E 50' 00", 18 N 58' 00"
              Mumbai, India
Altitude:      0.00 meters

Lunar Yr-Mo:   Parabhava - Ashadha
Tithi:         Sukla Shashthi (Sk) (57.34% left)
Vedic Weekday: Thursday (Gu)
Nakshatra:     Poorva Phalguni (Sk) (98.83% left)
Yoga:          Siddhi (Ma) (86.06% left)
Karana:        Kaulava (Ma) (14.68% left)
Hora Lord:     Surya (5 min sign: Kark)
Mahakala Hora: Surya (5 min sign: Kark)
Kaala Lord:    Surya (Mahakala: Surya)

Sunrise:       6:02:33
Sunset:        19:18:43
Janma Ghatis:  40.0189

Ayanamsa:      23-23-19.63
Sidereal Time: 15:29:54

Read the horoscope w.r.t to the marital aspect.  
Try to format it in the following way.
1. the seventh bhaava
2. the Seventh lord
3. the Kaaraka
4. the upapada
5. the Daarapada
6. the navaamsha.
7. the Panchaanga factor.

RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Nice to see you back after long time

Here are my observation

1. the seventh bhaava
Budha is in 7th which is MKS for him in rashi also not in frendly rashi but vargottam

2. the Seventh lord

7th lord soma is aslo in its MKS in rashi but interestingly vargottam

3. the Kaaraka
Shukra karaka for marriage is in own sign also placed good but with malefics

DK budha is in MKS again also to apply karako naso bhava

4. the upapada
UL in 9th and itslord budha again

5. the Daarapada
Its in 9th also again lorded by budha A7 is in trikona to AL may be having good complany of opp sex

6. the navaamsha.
I dont know much about navamsa but i know that 7th in D9 is important for marriage here 7th have yuti of rahu and shukra there may be some type of cheating to native from partner
7th lord is in 8th from it with navamsa lagna lord in 2nd

Here thithi lord (jala) is shukra and varesh (agni) is guru so may be problem also shukra guru in 2/12 position in rashi

Conclusion

May be concerned native has bad marriage or more than one

Correct me if i am wrong which i know i am mostly but i tried to my knowledge

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello Vivek ji,
Nice to see you starting this chapter.

Just a thought to ask something (i know i m being persistent but i know you wont mind it and neither will Rishirahul ji)
Dnt you think we should complete Arudha chapter before moving over to reading part of astrology.

I feel it is important and if you see it will be helpful in unravelling more about marriage too.

Just a thought :)

Regards,
Raman
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Apologies in advance for the errors!

1. the seventh bhaava

Is afflicted by presence of 6th lord . Me being in enemy's house and in the nakshtra of functional malefic Ju, and the fact that it is the DK, may lead to multiplicity of relations and trouble with relations. Cause of trouble may be the maternal uncle or due to/in the process of/lack of learning. 7th bhava dn Me are also Rasi Drishti of Ve,Ra,Ma from 5th.

2. the Seventh lord

Is afflicted by being in 8th. Also weak in paksha bala. But placed in friend's house. I consider it weak to defend what it owns specially since 8th lord Su is in 6th. It is almost like 6th and 8th lords are conspiring against 7th and 7th lord!

3. the Kaaraka

Ve the karaka is also the yogakaraka, placed in swakshetra, but afflicted by conjunction with Ma and Ra and also 3rd aspect of Sa. Overall appears to be weak.

4. the upapada

UL being the 9th and UL lord being in 7th and lagnesh Sa being in 7th from UL probably assures marriage.

5. the Daarapada

Same as UL

6. the navaamsha.

Me in lagna with full digbala and vargottama assures marriage despite conjunct Ke and Ra's aspect.
Presence of Ra dn Ve in 7th is not good for trouble free relations and specially marriage.

Vaaresh Ju is ill placed in 6th in enemy's house. Health problems can be forseen specially since Ju is also a functional benefic.

Overll 7th house appears to be the primary action bhava for the native. Marriage may have taken place in Mo-Me-Me period.

CRS

vivekvshetty

only two!

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:37 am

Namaskaar all,
only two learners have replied and one suggestion.
We will reply to the two learners soon, what about the others?
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:12 am

Namaskaar All,
We are very happy that at least two learners have tried to attempt this question.
Learners can see two different approaches in the reading even within the parameters defined. This is true of every chart and every Jyotish will approach the same chart differently.

we offer our comments on the answers. remember we are only commenting on the points raised by the learners and have not given our own take on the chart. We want it be a learning experience only.
let us see Swapnil ji's approach first.
1. the seventh bhaava
Budha is in 7th which is MKS for him in rashi also not in frendly rashi but vargottam.
What does maranakaaraka do to this chart? what does enemy sign do? what does vargottam do? Budha is the lord of the 6th and the 9th also.how will this effect?

2. the Seventh lord

7th lord soma is aslo in its MKS in rashi but interestingly vargottam

What does 7th lord in the 8th hint at? what does Maranakaaraka do? what does vargottama do?
3. the Kaaraka
Shukra karaka for marriage is in own sign also placed good but with malefics
How do the malefic/s effect Shukra what is the impact? why ignore 7th from Shukra?
DK budha is in MKS again also to apply karako naso bhava
Budha as the Daarakaaraka in the 7th can be termed as Kaarako bhaava Naasha, what is it that is getting naasha? how is it placed from the AK? Is not the maranakaaraka of DK a factor to be taken into account?

4. the upapada
UL in 9th and itslord budha again
What happens when Ul is in the 9th Bhaava? how is it placed from the AL? does the UL and AL enjoy good dynamics?
What is the result of UL and A7 placed together? Also see the second from UL to see the longevity of the Marriage.

5. the Daarapada
Its in 9th also again lorded by budha A7 is in trikona to AL may be having good complany of opp sex

6. the navaamsha.
I dont know much about navamsa but i know that 7th in D9 is important for marriage here 7th have yuti of rahu and shukra there may be some type of cheating to native from partner
7th lord is in 8th from it with navamsa lagna lord in 2nd
What result will the underlined statement of yours give?

seventh bhaava in D-9 is after marriage, seventh lord in D-9 is during marriage. Seventh lord is with Chandra and Mangal, what does it show about the type of marriage? Also dont miss out the eighth as it will impact the marriage.

Here thithi lord (jala) is shukra and varesh (agni) is guru so may be problem also shukra guru in 2/12 position in rashi
Why take the vaara lord into account? Shukra as the Tithi lord is placed in the 5th itself and so the basic complaint of the spouse will be of the native being more self centered and also the worship factor. if this is a marriage with a partner from another religion then it will have great impact.
Conclusion

May be concerned native has bad marriage or more than one
If we take only the factors you have taken into account, then we doubt we can reach such a sure conclusion. You may be right but the approach has to be more thorough. Remember the great responsibility of counselling the person coming for advice from you.
CRS ji.
1. the seventh bhaava

Is afflicted by presence of 6th lord . Me being in enemy's house and in the nakshtra of functional malefic Ju, and the fact that it is the DK, may lead to multiplicity of relations and trouble with relations. Cause of trouble may be the maternal uncle or due to/in the process of/lack of learning. 7th bhava dn Me are also Rasi Drishti of Ve,Ra,Ma from 5th.

2. the Seventh lord

Is afflicted by being in 8th. Also weak in paksha bala. But placed in friend's house. I consider it weak to defend what it owns specially since 8th lord Su is in 6th. It is almost like 6th and 8th lords are conspiring against 7th and 7th lord!

3. the Kaaraka

Ve the karaka is also the yogakaraka, placed in swakshetra, but afflicted by conjunction with Ma and Ra and also 3rd aspect of Sa. Overall appears to be weak.
This is a very serious affliction. More than two Malefics afflicting a Graha or/and  bhaava should make the jyotish give particular attention to the Kaarakatva, lordship and the Bhaava. Graha Dristhi is very important for this. Here we see that the Kaarakatwa is spoiled and the area of life ruled by the Kaarakatva will surely be affected.
4. the upapada

UL being the 9th and UL lord being in 7th and lagnesh Sa being in 7th from UL probably assures marriage.

5. the Daarapada

Same as UL

6. the navaamsha.

Me in lagna with full digbala and vargottama assures marriage despite conjunct Ke and Ra's aspect.
Presence of Ra dn Ve in 7th is not good for trouble free relations and specially marriage.

Vaaresh Ju is ill placed in 6th in enemy's house. Health problems can be forseen specially since Ju is also a functional benefic.
When trying to decipher the marital aspect of the native it is the Tithi lord which is given importance and not the vaaresh.

Overll 7th house appears to be the primary action bhava for the native. Marriage may have taken place in Mo-Me-Me period.

Why not Mo-SA?
Over all we are very satisfied with both the replies and both have added more than we have learnt in the course. this shows that they are both doing self study also.

RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Here are answers to few questions as per my understanding till now

Marnakaraka is the place where planet is not in happy state just as you explained about the mangal been bhramachari will not be happy in 7th as it is so called house of pleasures so if he is placed there he will better to die than to stay here

I 1st looked bhava then planet in it then the lord of it then karaka

In this case it was 7th the planet in it was not happy it self so he wont do work of that particular house up on that he is in enemy sign next the 7th lord was in 8th also its MKS nither he comes to rescue i read that 7th in 8th shows some kind of debts from marriage now the karaka here too heemed between malefics so if we look rashi 7th is not good but the intresting part is the budha is vargottam as per my understanding it gives fame related to that graha may be the native is a good learner also vargottam quality gives blessings from god or luck factor as it is linked to navamsa

About the karko naso bhava i read in some article i dont exactly remember but i think it was pandit jis article mentioning about this that chara karaka should be looked in for this stance (correct me if i am wrong) where he mentioned about shukra in 7th is not good but if up on that shukra happned to be DK then it is more bad

I dont know much about UL in 9th but i think it would bring luck to native as 9th is house of luck as you said UL shows body of spouse so i mentioned about the spouse looks from that particular rashi characteristic since UL is placed in trine to AL they sure enjoy good dynamics

UL and A7 placed together shows long time friendship turning in to marriage now 2nd from UL is lorded by shukra which is heemed between malefics so there may be fights or divorce

7th lord is in 8th from it with navamsa lagna lord in 2nd ?

About the above question i meant is in navamsa 7th lord shani is in 2nd and navamsa lagnesh is also in 2nd which says more than one marriage

seventh bhaava in D-9 is after marriage, seventh lord in D-9 is during marriage. Seventh lord is with Chandra and Mangal, what does it show about the type of marriage? Also dont miss out the eighth as it will impact the marriage

Please explain this in detail as i dont know much about this

Vaara lord was mistake from my side thiti lord should be taken in account as it shows complains spouse will have w r t native

Pardon me for my mistakes as you know i am just a learner

Regards

Swapnil

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:30 am

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Here are my answers (attempted) to your questions:

3. Effect of afflicted karaka

Affliction from Ma may indicate problems due to landed property which may manifest by way of harsh speech.
Affliction by Ra may indicate problems due to money matters and greed. Combo with Ma may indicate disputes to debts.

Consequently all relationships mayl have these undercurrents.

7. Thithi lord Ve in own house is good. Relatinships initiated on thithis owned by Ve get protected to some extent.

Why not Mo-SA?
I felt Sa is a weaker signifactor of marriage due to the following:

1. It is not connected to 7th in natala, only to 7th from UL
2. In its own nakshtra without any benefic connection
3. Placed in 8th from 7th lord Mo
4. Placed in 8th house of natal in D-9

On the other hand Me looks stronger due to:

1. Being DK, 9th and UL lord
2. Is in Ju nakshatra and is dispositor of Ju who owns 12th house of bed comforts also aspecting it.

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:14 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Great attempt. Allow us to comment on some of your observations.
mysbcrs wrote:Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Here are my answers (attempted) to your questions:

3. Effect of afflicted karaka

Affliction from Ma may indicate problems due to landed property which may manifest by way of harsh speech.
Affliction by Ra may indicate problems due to money matters and greed. Combo with Ma may indicate disputes to debts.

Consequently all relationships mayl have these undercurrents.
Yes! the kaaraka is the most important factor while judging any Bhaava. Affliction to it will color the whole matter it signifies.
All the affliction happening in the Al will also affect his image and dent it severely.

7. Thithi lord Ve in own house is good. Relatinships initiated on thithis owned by Ve get protected to some extent.
Why will relationships started on Shukra's tithi get protected? this is something new for us. Where did you learn this?

Why not Mo-SA?
I felt Sa is a weaker signifactor of marriage due to the following:

1. It is not connected to 7th in natala, only to 7th from UL
2. In its own nakshtra without any benefic connection
3. Placed in 8th from 7th lord Mo
4. Placed in 8th house of natal in D-9

On the other hand Me looks stronger due to:

1. Being DK, 9th and UL lord
2. Is in Ju nakshatra and is dispositor of Ju who owns 12th house of bed comforts also aspecting it.
Good point.

CRS
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:27 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Our questions was as to the first Sentence. We qoute it here.
"Budha is in 7th which is MKS for him in rashi also not in frendly rashi but vargottam."

We want a reading and not the technical points. To a person coming to you for a reading this line will not mean anything.  This is a common problem with every learner and she/he has to get out of this. knowing a principle is good but applying it to read charts is something different. We have pointed this out not to discourage but to see and face this before it becomes a problem.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Here are answers to few questions as per my understanding till now

Marnakaraka is the place where planet is not in happy state just as you explained about the mangal been bhramachari will not be happy in 7th as it is so called house of pleasures so if he is placed there he will better to die than to stay here

I 1st looked bhava then planet in it then the lord of it then karaka

In this case it was 7th the planet in it was not happy it self so he wont do work of that particular house up on that he is in enemy sign next the 7th lord was in 8th also its MKS nither he comes to rescue i read that 7th in 8th shows some kind of debts from marriage now the karaka here too heemed between malefics so if we look rashi 7th is not good but the intresting part is the budha is vargottam as per my understanding it gives fame related to that graha may be the native is a good learner also vargottam quality gives blessings from god or luck factor as it is linked to navamsa

About the karko naso bhava i read in some article i dont exactly remember but i think it was pandit jis article mentioning about this that chara karaka should be looked in for this stance (correct me if i am wrong) where he mentioned about shukra in 7th is not good but if up on that shukra happned to be DK then it is more bad

I dont know much about UL in 9th but i think it would bring luck to native as 9th is house of luck as you said UL shows body of spouse so i mentioned about the spouse looks from that particular rashi characteristic since UL is placed in trine to AL they sure enjoy good dynamics

UL and A7 placed together shows long time friendship turning in to marriage now 2nd from UL is lorded by shukra which is heemed between malefics so there may be fights or divorce

7th lord is in 8th from it with navamsa lagna lord in 2nd ?

About the above question i meant is in navamsa 7th lord shani is in 2nd and navamsa lagnesh is also in 2nd which says more than one marriage

seventh bhaava in D-9 is after marriage, seventh lord in D-9 is during marriage. Seventh lord is with Chandra and Mangal, what does it show about the type of marriage? Also dont miss out the eighth as it will impact the marriage

Please explain this in detail as i dont know much about this

Vaara lord was mistake from my side thiti lord should be taken in account as it shows complains spouse will have w r t native

Pardon me for my mistakes as you know i am just a learner

Regards

Swapnil
RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Dear Vivek ji

Please help us out you rightly pointed out problem of a learner like me

Actually i was expecting other learners to put in there views so that i would understand there way of understanding chart but yet no one responded except CSR ji

Regards

Swapnil

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,
Why will relationships started on Shukra's tithi get protected? this is something new for us. Where did you learn this?
In general I am under the impression that the thithi on which a native is born is beneficial to him in respect of all aspects that connect the karakatwa of the thithi lord with the time of the event.(Strong on own turf!?) Sorry. if I am wrong.

Frankly, I could not find anything else to relate thithi to 7th house and relationship. Will certainly ook forward to your comments and that of other learners on this.

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:54 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Tithi is Jala Tatwa and the fifth Bhaava resonates to this and hence we should try to look at the ruler of the birth tithi from the reference point of the fifth Bhaava.
In the chart the tithi is ruled by Shukra, this Shukra is placed in the fifth Bhaava with malefic and highly afflicted. The fifth stands for devotion and hence the Native has had problems with the spouse w.r.t his way of worship (his religion). The spouse was from a different religion and she wanted that the native too should accept her religion. This was the major irritant for her and this ultimately led to the breakup of the marriage as both you and Swapnil ji have correctly pointed out in your readings.
RishiRahul and vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,
In general I am under the impression that the thithi on which a native is born is beneficial to him in respect of all aspects that connect the karakatwa of the thithi lord with the time of the event.(Strong on own turf!?) Sorry. if I am wrong.

Frankly, I could not find anything else to relate thithi to 7th house and relationship. Will certainly ook forward to your comments and that of other learners on this.

CRS

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Dhanyavaad Vivekji.

Thanks for explaining the finer nuances.

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji and All,
We have to remember that we are still learning to walk and to learn to run is still a long way off. So we have to take one step at a time. This means breaking down the reading into words and then try to make sentences out of them.
Let us approach it this way -
Seventh bhaava = Attitude of the native towards marriage and partnerships.
Budha in it = Adolescent approach. This shows a kiddish approach to the  institution of marriage. May want to experiment in relationships as a learning process.

Budha in Marana kaaraka = death like experiences.
Budha is sixth lord = Will try to give periods of Brahmacharya (forced?)

Chandra in the eighth Bhaava, meaning lord of the seventh in Eighth. Eighth is the longevity of Marriage and Chandra there in puts a question mark on the longevity aspect. Sevnth lord is in the house of marriage break.
Chandra again in Marana kaaraka.

All the above reading is not conducive to a good happy married life, this much we can know even from a very preliminary and primitive reading.

Next go to the Kaaraka and try to see if there is support from it. Here you will see that the Kaaraka is much afflicted but strong, being in its own Raashi.
Next go to the UL.
The second from UL.
Lastly you go to the D-9.
Slowly a picture will emerge and you will get a idea of the type/s of married life the native will have to experience.

This will make things easier for us beginners.

Now try this horoscope and give a reading, again on the Marital aspect.

Natal Chart

Date:          February 5, 1964
Time:          16:34:54
Time Zone:     5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place:         72 E 50' 00", 18 N 58' 00"
              Mumbai, India
Altitude:      0.00 meters

Lunar Yr-Mo:   Shobhana - Magha
Tithi:         Krishna Ashtami (Ra) (56.17% left)
Vedic Weekday: Wednesday (Bu)
Nakshatra:     Visakha (Gu) (88.08% left)
Yoga:          Vriddhi (Bu) (95.60% left)
Karana:        Balava (Ch) (12.35% left)
Hora Lord:     Sani (5 min sign: Mith)
Mahakala Hora: Guru (5 min sign: Kanya)
Kaala Lord:    Mangala (Mahakala: Guru)

Sunrise:       7:12:02
Sunset:        18:33:28
Janma Ghatis:  23.4530

Ayanamsa:      23-21-19.97
Sidereal Time: 0:54:48

This time we want many more learners to attempt this chart.

RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

Please help us out you rightly pointed out problem of a learner like me

Actually i was expecting other learners to put in there views so that i would understand there way of understanding chart but yet no one responded except CSR ji

Regards

Swapnil

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”