Lesson 18. Let us start applying the knowledge gained.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Applying Kalpadrooma test to 7th house in the first chart:

A - 7th lord Chandra is in 8th
B- 8th lord Ravi is in 6th
C - 6th Lord Budha is in 7th
D - 7th lord Chandra is in Ravi's amsa who is in 6th

Hence overall there are too many dusthana connections and marriage would not be a happy experience.

Does this case tell us that exchange yoga with a dusthana is no good and merely being vargottama (Chandra in this case) does not help always?

Regards
CRS
CRS

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi Vivek ji,

This is in regard to first chart.

A. 7th lord:- moon in 8th house.
B. pakesha sun is in 6th house
C. Paka pakesha mercury is in 7th house
D. paka pakesha Mercury in navamsa is placed in sun's house and sun is in 6th house in D-1

Thus houses involved in D-1 are :- 6th ,8th ,7th and 6th

Rightly said by CRS ji that there is too many Dushtana sthan connection with this chart's
married life so experience shud not be good..

I think vargottam will make property of mercury(expression) and moon (emotions ) to be very important part of native's life....

I will add just more thing which may be out of context but i just thought of mentioning it.Out of context coz following wont include Kalpdrooma yoga..

In both the charts D-1 and D-9, First and 7th house have cancer and capricon relationship.
And both these raashis are known to have marriage life trouble (acording to principle mentioned in chapter:- Flaws of each Raashi in Lagna.)

And naitve's chart D-1 and D-9  both confirms it .

Regards,
Raman
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,

My understanding regarding first chat and Kalpadrooma  Yoga

Lagnesha shani place in 3rd 'A'  which is Bad

Lord of pakesha  Guru placed in 6th 'B' is also  bad

Depositor of  pakesha Budha placed in 7th 'C' Good

Lord of pakapakesha is Chandra  placed in 8th 'D' is also  bad

There is no kalpadromma Yoga in this chart.

Application of kalpadrooma Yoga is not possible in the first chart,  as there is no such yoga present in it. Moreover we see all important grahas related to 7 th Bhava  are placed in dushtanas only. So I feel ,  through learning the technique of application of this beautiful yoga called , Kalpadrooma, we are able to  judge the strength of the chart related to 7 th Bhava and can come to a conclusion about the marital happiness of the native. Kindly tell us more regarding this yoga and its uses please., through some more charts.  

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

vivekvshetty

Now let us delve a bit more deeper.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 am

Namaskaar All,
We are happy with the response from the learners and we are sure that few more will warm up to participate further in the discussions.
Let us try to apply the lessons learnt in the previous posts a bit more.
We recapitulate here.
(A copy paste from Visti ji's website

Code: Select all

http://srigaruda.com/visti/index.php/publications/articles/87-fundamentals-karaka
)

Each bhaava in the chart shows:
i) how we approach a certain aspect of life (bhaava itself)
ii) how we are approached by those people indicated by those aspects of life (bhaavesha - lordship)

For now i will omit the Chara karakas from this discussion. We are thus left with:
i. the analysis of the mana/mind (karaka) and its experiences with certain bhaavas.
ii. the analysis of the mana/mind (karaka) and its experiences with certain people (bhavesha).

Bhaava from Lagna shows how you approach those various activities in life. I.e. if you have Mars in tenth you will be aggressive in work. If you have Saturn in tenth you will be very slow and take your time to finish things. If you have nodes in seventh you may cheat on your wife (ref: sarvartha chintamani). Now why do you think Parasara says that if Mars is in seventh the native will have three broken marriages?
It has to do with ones approach, and naturally how you approach is what you get.

Bhaava in the rasi shows how ‘I’ approach the various aspects of my life, but to get a detailed understanding of the character and traits of other people i must see the divisional chart associated with them. In a sense the Rasi is the self-centric view of everything, and thus becomes the most important chart. I.e. Seventh house in rasi shows how I approach relationships, but its the seventh house in navamsa through which i can describe the spouse and his/her traits.

Bhaava from Karaka shows how we experience various activities in life. I.e. the sambandha between Venus and the fourth house shows how our experience of vehicles and similar comforts impact our PERCEPTION of vehicles. The sambandha between Venus and the seventh house will show how we see relationships and how they affect us. I.e. I have Venus in the second house and have had to come to terms with a very warped idea about relationships as the seventh house will sit in the sixth (celibacy, competitions, etc) from Venus. Had malefics also been placed in the seventh (wrong approach), or the seventh lord was associated with malefics (wrong partners) this could have been disastrous.

Bhaavesh from Karaka shows how we experience various people in our life. I.e. the sambandha between Venus and the seventh lord shows how the specific partners affect us in life and make us feel. Thus the experience of married life vs. the experience of having a spouse/partner can be completely different things.

The Karaka-bhava, i.e. for Guru: ninth house/lord from Jupiter, or for relationships: seventh house/lord from Venus, show how that specific person is brought to your Mana/mind. The ninth house is there for every lagna, but yet not everyone has a Guru. So also if the ninth house/lord from Jupiter is under influence this will affect how ones Guru comes into ones life, or is inhibited from the same. Similarly everyone has a father, but if the ninth house/lord from Sun is afflicted then one may be separated from the father. Thus here we are analyzing to the various people coming to your attention/mind/mana.

Finally Karaka itself shows the overall nature of ones experiences related to that karaka. If Venus is afflicted the person will not look very happily at the prospect of relationships, i.e. Venus joined Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu can show: Ego, Anger, Sorrow, Shock and Headlessness as problems in relationships respectively. The more of these afflicting the same, the worse the situation, but this is attributed to the self and is a result of being in experiences with other people, but not necessarily caused by other people
[/color]

Use this for both the charts given.

RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:23 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

I was a little hesitant to start-off, lest I pre-empt others. Now that 3 days have elapsed, I dont have to feel guilty. :)-

I have tried to apply the lesson in the previous post to the extent I have understood, ignoring the past analysis.
I look forward to your feedback.

1st chart - DOB 23jun66

Bhava from lagna - 7th is in Karka with Budha. The native will like to ensure peace, tranquility and creativity in marriage.
Budha denoted a seeker of quick results and may try to achive it by intelligent talk, conversational felicity, falling in line with
the powerful as the situation demands (even if he lacks conviction).ad-hoc resolution of issues etc.

In Navamsha 7th has Rahu and Sukra. Rahu can indicate that spouse may cheat the native. Sukra can indicate that the spouse seeks luxury, enjoyment and comforts from the native.

Bhaavesh from lagna - In Simha in 8th amy denote undisclosed agenda (legacies from native's father in future), agressive egotistic stance of the partner.

Bhava from Karaka - Sukra is in 11th. Since Bhava is in 3rd, native will derive happiness in later periods. Greater intiative and better communications will help the native.

Bhavesh from Karaka - Chandra is in 4th from Sukra. Hence the native looks upon the spouse a source of happiness.

2nd chart - 5feb64

Bhava from lagna - 7th is in dhabus with Budha and Kethu. Dhanus indicates sense of righteousness backed by agression to protect it.
Native will try to achieve it through agressive speech and personal skills (Budha) and will look at marriage as a spiritual experience stressing upon the attendant social/moral obligations rather than selfish intents.

In Navamsha the 7th is Vrishchik without any planet. This could mean a ruthless, calculative, self centred (may include family) spouse.

Bhaavesh from lagna - Bhavesh is in 10th from lagna, indicating that the native is very happy with marriage and looks at it as very supportive of his profession which in turn helps his earnings and livelihood. It also rows better over a period of time.

Bhava from karaka - Sukara is in 10th. Hence the native looks upon the spouse as a source of happiness.

Bhavesh from Karaka - Bhavesh is conjunct Sukra. Hence the native feels that the partner is supportive in all aspects and each step of his matched by the spouse.

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:32 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Great answer!
You missed the Bhaava from Kaaraka and the Kaaraka itself.
Looking at the Bhaava from Kaaraka (7th from Shukra) in the first the chart we see that it falls in the 11th bhaava, this shows that the first relationship may have started out as friendship and he met his spouse amongst his friend circle.
In the second chart the seventh from Shukra is the fourth Bhaava and shows he met his spouse at home or during education etc.

Now looking at the Kaarakas in both the chart we can see a qualitative difference. In the first chart Shukra is heavily afflicted by all the three worst natural malefics, showing anger (Mangal), Sorrow (Shani) and shock (Raahu) will have to be experienced in relationships by the native.
In the second chart, an Exalted Shukra with Guru willgive very fortunate experiences w.r.t relationship/s.

RishiRahul and vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

I was a little hesitant to start-off, lest I pre-empt others. Now that 3 days have elapsed, I dont have to feel guilty. :)-

I have tried to apply the lesson in the previous post to the extent I have understood, ignoring the past analysis.
I look forward to your feedback.

1st chart - DOB 23jun66

Bhava from lagna - 7th is in Karka with Budha. The native will like to ensure peace, tranquility and creativity in marriage.
Budha denoted a seeker of quick results and may try to achive it by intelligent talk, conversational felicity, falling in line with
the powerful as the situation demands (even if he lacks conviction).ad-hoc resolution of issues etc.

In Navamsha 7th has Rahu and Sukra. Rahu can indicate that spouse may cheat the native. Sukra can indicate that the spouse seeks luxury, enjoyment and comforts from the native.

Bhaavesh from lagna - In Simha in 8th amy denote undisclosed agenda (legacies from native's father in future), agressive egotistic stance of the partner.

Bhava from Karaka - Sukra is in 11th. Since Bhava is in 3rd, native will derive happiness in later periods. Greater intiative and better communications will help the native.

Bhavesh from Karaka - Chandra is in 4th from Sukra. Hence the native looks upon the spouse a source of happiness.

2nd chart - 5feb64

Bhava from lagna - 7th is in dhabus with Budha and Kethu. Dhanus indicates sense of righteousness backed by agression to protect it.
Native will try to achieve it through agressive speech and personal skills (Budha) and will look at marriage as a spiritual experience stressing upon the attendant social/moral obligations rather than selfish intents.

In Navamsha the 7th is Vrishchik without any planet. This could mean a ruthless, calculative, self centred (may include family) spouse.

Bhaavesh from lagna - Bhavesh is in 10th from lagna, indicating that the native is very happy with marriage and looks at it as very supportive of his profession which in turn helps his earnings and livelihood. It also rows better over a period of time.

Bhava from karaka - Sukara is in 10th. Hence the native looks upon the spouse as a source of happiness.

Bhavesh from Karaka - Bhavesh is conjunct Sukra. Hence the native feels that the partner is supportive in all aspects and each step of his matched by the spouse.

CRS

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:32 am

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

Whatever little I know is due to you, Rshiji and others. I certainly hope that I will always remain conscious of this.

CRS
CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Vivek ji

I would like to put my understanding on it as you have mentioned for example

Eg : 1 Here shukra is in 5th so for shukra we look 7th (as it is karka of that house)  it says person coming to mana so we looked 11th as it is 7th from 5th now here visiti ji mentions about its lord too
So can we say that 11th bhava shows some friend and 11th lord here mangal in 5th that particular person may be of different faith as 5th is for our faith I added my knowledge from visti jis lectures where he says bhavas are particular area of our life and planets are person So above can we say 11th bhava friends and its lord in 5th says that particular friend from different faith

Also Bhaavesh from karaka sambhandha shows experince with that particular person so if kendra trikona relation shows happy experence then why eg 1 person marriage was trouble

Correct if i am wrong so that i could try on other charts too

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Dear Vivek ji

You asked me reason for why ketu is exalted in dhanu

Here is my understanding when i was going thru MKS article this thing came to my mind

In natural zodiac 9th dhanu is for dharma and ketu is a karaka for spritual work so a spritual person will be happy where there is dharma going so ketu becomes exalted there

correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 am

Namaskaar swapnil ji,
Our understanding below.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

I would like to put my understanding on it as you have mentioned for example

Eg : 1 Here shukra is in 5th so for shukra we look 7th (as it is karka of that house)  it says person coming to mana so we looked 11th as it is 7th from 5th now here visiti ji mentions about its lord too
So can we say that 11th bhava shows some friend and 11th lord here mangal in 5th that particular person may be of different faith as 5th is for our faith I added my knowledge from visti jis lectures where he says bhavas are particular area of our life and planets are person So above can we say 11th bhava friends and its lord in 5th says that particular friend from different faith

Seventh from Shukra as well as the lord will show us the place we meet our partner. It can show if we will meet easily or it will take some movement or effort and also the area of life where we will find it easier to meet her/him.
The thing about the spouse and the type of marriage/relationship will be seen more clearly from the Navaamsha chart.  

Also Bhaavesh from karaka sambhandha shows experince with that particular person so if kendra trikona relation shows happy experence then why eg 1 person marriage was trouble
Bhaavesha is Chandra and is placed in  the 4th from Kaaraka Shukra in Maranakaaraka (8th from Lagna). Do you think this is a very positive placement?
How did the spouse make the native feel?
The spouse already had a child from previous marriage when she got married to this native. Later on she made the native live in the out house away from her.  

Correct if i am wrong so that i could try on other charts too

Regards

Swapnil
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Very true.
Did you ever notice the flag fluttering atop every temple dome?
That is exaltation of Ketu.
Replacing the head by an elephants head is exaltation of Ketu.

RishiRahul and vivek.

You asked me reason for why ketu is exalted in dhanu

Here is my understanding when i was going thru MKS article this thing came to my mind

In natural zodiac 9th dhanu is for dharma and ketu is a karaka for spritual work so a spritual person will be happy where there is dharma going so ketu becomes exalted there

correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Swapnil

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:00 am

Dear Vivek ji

Yes i have noticed it in few temples but mostly seen a kalash i think it is called as, a thing made of metal in pointed shape and also there is a overhead lamp on it which i always wonder why wastage of electricity on the place where no one see i think or goes

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 am

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Flag is the symbol of Ketu and its fluttering atop the temple (ninth bhaava or Dhanu Raashi) is the exaltation.
The Kalash is the highest reward in the Spiritual path, this journey is represented by the temple or our visiting the temple. This is the pot of the nectar of immortality.
The light may seem a waste, but for someone like me, who does not have ample time to visit temples on the way when busy travelling it is to which i bow.

vivek

Yes i have noticed it in few temples but mostly seen a kalash i think it is called as, a thing made of metal in pointed shape and also there is a overhead lamp on it which i always wonder why wastage of electricity on the place where no one see i think or goes

Regards

Swapnil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

two more.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 am

Namaskarr All,
Giving two more Horoscope details. we have to judge the quality or otherwise of the marital lives of the Natives.

Remember that the two natives are not anyways related to each others.
Native 1. Female

Natal Chart

Date:          August 1, 1968
Time:          16:17:00
Time Zone:     5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place:         76 E 13' 00", 10 N 31' 00"

Altitude:      0.00 meters

Lunar Yr-Mo:   Keelaka - Sravana
Tithi:         Sukla Ashtami (Ra) (85.33% left)
Vedic Weekday: Thursday (Gu)
Nakshatra:     Swaati (Ra) (63.17% left)
Yoga:          Subha (Sy) (69.55% left)
Karana:        Vishti (Sa) (70.66% left)

Native 2: Male.

Natal Chart

Date:          February 20, 1960
Time:          15:09:00
Time Zone:     5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place:         76 E 38' 00", 12 N 18' 00"

Lunar Yr-Mo:   Vikari - Magha
Tithi:         Krishna Ashtami (Ra) (5.07% left)
Vedic Weekday: Saturday (Sa)
Nakshatra:     Anuraadha (Sa) (28.54% left)
Yoga:          Vyaghata (Sk) (22.51% left)
Karana:        Kaulava (Ma) (10.15% left)

Comments awaited.

RishiRahul and viviek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 am

Namaskaar Vivek ji,

Looks like other members are busy. Let me take advantage of it.

As usual apologies in advance for errors, specially to the native, if they find any of my observations offensive.

Here are my observations on the first chart:

DOB 1Aug 68

Panchanga Factor

Only Jala tatwa (procreation) and Akash tatwa (relationship/expansion) will be seen since focus is on 7th House.
Thithi - Lord Rahu is placed in 12th from 5th (Jala tatwa hou). Not good for creativity and procreation. But aspect on 5th house mitigates this to some extent.
Akash - Lord Ravi is placed in 6/8 position to 3rd (Akash tatwa). Hence expansionary capability will be curtailed.

7th Bhava - Mithuna, has no planets. Rasi drishti of Rahu and Ketu and Graha Drishti of Shani are there. Consoderably afflicted. Also is the Paada of 9th and erd.
Mithuna indicates sex as a key intention of relationships with opposite sex. Rahu's rasi drishti may indicate dis(mis?)trust in partners. Shani's drishti indicates
sorrows/pain from relationships. A9 being there may indicate that others see him as being lucky in respect of relationships. A3 being there may indicate others
viewing him as enterprising in matters of relationships.

Applying kalpadrooma principle 7th lord is in 8th, 8th lord in 11th, 11th lord in 8th and 8th Amsesha Shani in 5th. Overall is negative.

7th Lord - Budha in 8th does not augur well for 7th house matters. Being 2nd from 7th, partners will look at him in terms of Family and Wealth.
He is conjunct 3 grahas Sukra, Ravi, Mangal and aspected by Rahu. Cunjunction of Budha and Ravi is Dharma-Karmadhipathi yoga while conjucntion with Mangal
is also a Rajayoga (Lords of 5/7/10). While Mangal and Ravi are natural malefics, Sukra is a benefic.Rahu's graha drishti brings in an element of distrust/suspicion.
Overall since the place of action is 8th house, Budha is slightly afflicted and hence may result in secret liaisons (8th house) seeking quick gratification. Budha being
very impressionable, is pulled in multiple directions and hence becomes ineffctual in providing a firm direction to 7th house matters despite being the lord.

Karaka - Sukra is afflicted in 8th conjunct malefic Mangal and enemy Ravi. Being lord of 6th and 11th, may lead to secret liaisons bringing with it enemity and gains,
specially secret enemies and unearned gains or gains from defeat of enemies. 7th being 12th from karaka, native will look at relationships as a source of expense and
pleasure of bed. Conjunction of Bhavesh and karaka may indicate partners from own community/place and a sense of oneness with the partner. Karaka in 2nd from Bhava
may be perceived by the native as the partner being aggressive (conjunct Mangal), dominating (conjunct Ravi) and money minde (cnjunct Budha).

Navamsha - 7th in Rasi being lagna in Navamsha indicates relationship as a key influence on the dharma of the native. 7th is in Rahu-Ketu axis in debilitation. Hence 7th
house is afflicted. 7th lord Guru in 3rd (Kalapurusha's natural house Mithuna) with malefic Mangal (natural and functional) makes Guru afflicted (despite being vargottama) and may indicate aggressive promiscuity. Guru aspecting 7th and
Budha lord of 7th in Rasi in quadrant in exaltation mitigates 8th house effect in Rasi to some extent.

UL - Is in Meena in 12th from AL, which is not good. UL is afflicted by Rahu with its lord Guru in 6th from it, unable to support it.

A7 - Dara pada  in Simha in trines to Lagna and AL and conjunct Guru is good. However lord of A7, Ravi is in 12th from A7 which partially negates this.

The VD sequence analysis for 7th house matters is -

Rahu MD - Negative but premature  since it ended when the native was just 11.
Guru MD - Neutral from Rasi perspective, negative in Navamsha
Shani MD - Negative in Rasi and neutral in Navamsha

Overall, the native may not have a very happy tidings in relationship/marriage matters.

CRS
CRS

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”