Lesson 19: The wish fulfilling Tree.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Well, I think only those who have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of horoscopes are entitled to opinions worthy of attention! I am far from it. I will nevertheless put down what I feel. Please bear with me.:
While applying it to other bhaavas do we evaluate the placement of Bhaavesha, Paakesha, Paakpaakesha and Nvamshesha of paakapaakesha from the lagna or the bhaava?
I feel it should be done from the Bhaava being analysed and not from lagna. Because looking at it from the perspective of lagna I feel is anyway the standard method of analysis and for it to be named a yoga (Yogas I feel are like ready to eat food while rules for analysis is like recipe to prepare from dough and ingredients).
Also do we apply different yardstick to assess how well Bhaavesh, Pakkesh, Paakapaakesh and Navamshesh of Paakapaakesh are placed depending on whether they are benefics/malefics?
This is really a complex question. I feel the treatment should be same irrespective of whether any of the grahas A/B/C/D are malefics or benefics. For e.g, if any of the four is lord of 8th (from the Bhava being evaluated) , then irrespective of whether it is a benefic or malefic we will consider the placement as good if it is in 6/8/12 from the Bhava being evaluated.

CRS
Last edited by mysbcrs on Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

casualram

Pls check

Post by casualram » Thu May 20, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for the wonderful articles. I have started reading your articles and it is really good. There are lots of questions in lessons and I  will post them in those lessons after reading once more.

Regarding kalpadrooma yoga, please check whether the below chart will fall under the yoga category. Chart details

Rashi Chart
1)Sun , Mercury (R), Venus (R) in Capricorn –This is lagna for the chart
2)Rahu and Moon in Gemini ( 6th house)
3)Sani(R) and Mars in Virgo (9th house)
4)Guru in Libra (10th house)
5)Ketu in Sagittarius (12th house)

a)Lagna lord is Saturn
b)Lagna lord Saturn is in 9th house and its lord is Mercury
c)Lord Mercury is in 1st house whose lord is Saturn again
d)Lord Saturn is placed in Virgo in Navamsa chart ( which is either 5th or 9th house. Has some doubts in Navamsa Lagna position. If you want birth details of the chart, i will be happy to share)

Assuming the above is correct, will it qualify for the yoga. Because the planets are retrograde (I am not sure whether they are badly placed), will this yoga get cancelled. Can you please check and let me know.

Thanks
Ramya

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:28 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Our opinion below
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

Well, I think only those who have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of horoscopes are entitled to opinions worthy of attention! I am far from it. I will nevertheless put down what I feel. Please bear with me.:
While applying it to other bhaavas do we evaluate the placement of Bhaavesha, Paakesha, Paakpaakesha and Nvamshesha of paakapaakesha from the lagna or the bhaava?
I feel it should be done from the Bhaava being analysed and not from lagna. Because looking at it from the perspective of lagna I feel is anyway the standard method of analysis and for it to be named a yoga (Yogas I feel are like ready to eat food while rules for analysis is like recipe to prepare from dough and ingredients).
I would think it is to be applied from the Lagna only irrespective of the bhaava we are judging., but then this is my personal opinion.
Also do we apply different yardstick to assess how well Bhaavesh, Pakkesh, Paakapaakesh and Navamshesh of Paakapaakesh are placed depending on whether they are benefics/malefics?
This is really a complex question. I feel the treatment should be same irrespective of whether any of the grahas A/B/C/D are malefics or benefics. For e.g, if any of the four is lord of 8th (from the Bhava being evaluated) , then irrespective of whether it is a benefic or malefic we will consider the placement as good if it is in 6/8/12 from the Bhava being evaluated.
Again here we differ from  you in the very basic application of this yoga to the various Bhaavas. You take the reckoning of the  kendra/Kona from the bhaava in question whereas we take it from the Lagna only. The nature of the Grahas involved does not find importance in this Yoga, it is the Bhaavas only that are taken into account. But for a fuller evalation all factors must be considered.  Kalpadrooma PPle is a snapshot method and should be used as such only. Dont try to strecth it too much.

CRS
RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:03 am

Dhanyavaad Vivekji,

CRS
CRS

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”