Lesson 20. The Big picture.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Rationale

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 am

Namaskaar All,
Why are the Kendras so important?
Of-course because they are the four pillars on which the entire edifice of the life of the native stands.
What do we mean that the kendras are pillars?

See this qoute form an old post by Visti ji.
Ok! What is the meaning of having a Sarpa Yoga? The Yoga goes to describe that 3 of the 4 houses in Kendra should be occupied by malefics to form Sarpa Yoga. This means that among the four pillars of your life, three of them should be under malefic influence.

Now when you learn about Kendras for the first time, you learn that they are your immediete support in life, and you tend to take on the characteristics of each of the houses in kendra, when you are in their mode of activity. This is unlike the other bhavas where a mere emotion is carried with them.

So, if a person has a malefic in the lagna their own nature is malefic. If a person has a malefic in the fourth house, then due to the impact of their childhood they behave like that malefic, i.e. saturn in the fourth house makes a person sorrowful and cold.

You can make out the other houses easily. This is also written in my book.

So when we go to define what is malefic enough to cause Sarpa Yoga, surely it must be planets which make us act badly. So without doubt nodes, Saturn and Mars fall into this category. The Sun in the kendras makes a person quite arrogant, but sattva guna dominates in the Sun, and hence most people don’t really accept his as a real malefic, but definitely a krura graha.

Either way, try to understand what is happening in a Sarpa Yoga – the person is being provoked to act like the malefics when they approach the particular bhava. So even a temporary Sarpa Yoga happens when you go to work, if you have malefics in the tenth house.
As usual brilliant explanation from Visti ji.

RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Dear Vivek ji

I did got basic concept of graha mallika yoga , bhujanga sarpa yoga and mala yoga

Visti jis reply too i did understood about the the malefics in kendra may be as per understanding it is like dealing with I and you (1/7) and Sukha (Pleasure) and Karma (Work) which is (4/10) and the placement of grahas in it changing the attitude of Jataka.

Just a silly query, as per my understanding,
(Bhunjanga sarpa) is bhujanga related to kendras, as person hears a sarpa name 1st thing comes in to mind is, it is related to nodes / malefics (Malefic i added after reading vistiji reply) and vice versa for mala yoga .

Just asking what's a reason for naming this type of yoga as it would help to remember a person like me.

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
A very good question.
Strictly speaking Sarpa yoga falls under the category of Nabhaasa yoga and the nodes are excluded from this category.
a qoute from Pundit Sanjay Rath in a post to a similar query.
We will only be going wrong if we exclude the nodes who are the real sarpa in the definition of sarpa yoga. Naabhasa means sky and these yogas give us an idea of what is sure to dominate throughout life irrespective of dasa. However the sarpa and other malefic yoga when formed with the nodes is said to dominate for a considerable period of time till say 45 years and sometimes more. we have studied many charts in the past and have found this to work showing that the definition of nabhaasa yogas is worth extending in some cases with justification.
So to include or not to include the nodes is a personal decision and should be based on own experience.

RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

I did got basic concept of graha mallika yoga , bhujanga sarpa yoga and mala yoga

Visti jis reply too i did understood about the the malefics in kendra may be as per understanding it is like dealing with I and you (1/7) and Sukha (Pleasure) and Karma (Work) which is (4/10) and the placement of grahas in it changing the attitude of Jataka.

Just a silly query, as per my understanding,
(Bhunjanga sarpa) is bhujanga related to kendras, as person hears a sarpa name 1st thing comes in to mind is, it is related to nodes / malefics (Malefic i added after reading vistiji reply) and vice versa for mala yoga .

Just asking what's a reason for naming this type of yoga as it would help to remember a person like me.

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

The Kaala Yogas.

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 am

Next in the line comes the controversial Kaala Yogas.
The Kaalasarpa and the Kaalaamrita.
Kaalasarpa is formed when all grahas are palced between the nodes on one side and Raahu leads.

Kaalaamrita is formed when all Garhas are placed between the Nodes on one side with Ketu as the leading Graha.

This is an controversial yoga and many modern Masters deny the existence of this Yoga as it does not find mention in classics of Jyotish.

The example chart will make this clearer.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 am

Although many Astrologers deny the existence of this yoga in the classics, we have found it to work in real life. Some times it is found to run in the family.
Both the charts given above are charts of siblings.

Kaalasarpa is like Graha maalika with Raahu leading and also all the Grahas get sandwiched between the Nodes and become powerless. Raahu gives poison and can lead the native astray, giving criminal tendencies in some form.
Kaalaamrita is like Graha Maalikaa with Ketu leading the Pack. This gives a spiritual inclination and promises Amrita (nectar of immortality) but only after lots of churning.

The two Bhaavas where the nodes are placed become important in trying to understand the results of this Yoga.

More on this later.

RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Namaskaar Vivekji,

I have these doubts on KSY/KAY. Kindly clarify.

1. In both examples, lagna also is between the nodes. Is this a necessary condition for KSY/KAY?
2. If in either leading or trailing Bhava nodes are conjunct some other graha is it necessary for them to have lower longitude (trailing) or higher longitude (leading) for KSY/KAA to form in comparison to the graha conjunct the nodes?
3. The nodes being retro why are the directions not reversed in assessing leading/trailing?

Thanks
CRS
CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:05 am

Namshkar CRS ji

Here is my understanding on KSY / KAY

For point one it is not necessary i think as it is mentioned only planets should be heemed betwen nodes and for point three i think as this topic is on big picture i think it should just be considered the positions not there motions.

For point 2 there had been many discussions in this and other forums too but all ended undone without reaching to final conclusion.

Some say if any planet conjunct node then not to be considered some say to check degrees.

Let us wait for Vivek Ji reply.

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:07 am

Thanks Swapnil ji,

The reason why I mentioned direction of motion is as follows:

If you imagine Ra and Ke as head and tail of a serpent, then in both KAS and KAY, the serpent's stomach is empty lol:
When Ra is "leading" (i.e, Ra is after all other planets taking the chart in normal zodiacal order), the impending scenario in transit after birth will be that all planets will walk into the open mouth of the serpent.

When Ra is "trailing" the open mouthed serpent is chasing to swallow. But this will happen quite late.

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
our replies below.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

I have these doubts on KSY/KAY. Kindly clarify.

1. In both examples, lagna also is between the nodes. Is this a necessary condition for KSY/KAY?
It is not a necessary condition.
2. If in either leading or trailing Bhava nodes are conjunct some other graha is it necessary for them to have lower longitude (trailing) or higher longitude (leading) for KSY/KAA to form in comparison to the graha conjunct the nodes?
Technically if the graha is out side the longitude of the nodes (Raahu being the head and Ketu being the tail) then it does not form KSY/KAY. But in actual practice, it is still considered as a Kaala Yoga(either KSY or KAY as applicable).
3. The nodes being retro why are the directions not reversed in assessing leading/trailing?
In KSY all the grahas are outside the body of the serpant, so to say. Raahu will swallow the Grahas in progression/transit.
In KAY, all Grahas are inside the serpent and they will come out of it (Moksha for them?) in progression / transit.

Thanks
CRS
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am

The axis of the Bhaavas in which the nodes fall will give the area of manifestation of the Kaala yoga.
First / seventh
Fame, name, partnerships etc.

Second / eighth
Finance, family, Debts, disease.

Third / ninth
Fighting, aggression,  Higher Education.

Fourth / tenth
Home, property, happiness, job and profession.

Fifth / eleventh
Subordinate , those who support us and lack thereof, friends.

Sixth / twelfth
Diseases, enemies, servants etc.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

The head and Tail of it all.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am

Namaskaar all,
The following image will clear the doubts about the serpent.
Raahu is the head and Ketu the tail. The serpent moves anti zodiacal motion. Raahu is the unfulfilled desires which the native tries to fulfill and Ketu is trying to overcome the desires by giving it up.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 pm

The Lord of the Raashi in which Raahu is palced will tell you a great deal about the area where the native will have to face accusation/s  either deservedly or undeservedly. This is applicable to all charts but more so in chart having KSY/KAY.
1. Raahu is in Signs of Budha, money, business, accounts will be the area of tests and accusations.
2. Raahu in Simha shows that the authority, subject or status of the native will be challenged.
and tested, people may want to pull you down
3. Raahu in Karka, emotions and relationships will be challenged and the native will see a lot of cruelty in life.
4. Raahu in Shani's signs show that the natives truthfulness will be doubted, Her/his abilities and responsibilities in work area is from where accusations will come.
5. Rahu in Guru's sign show that honesty, knowledge and integrity will be
doubted.
6.Raahu in the signs of Mangal show the people who will be accused of
violance but actually hate to shout and will even smile under the most horrible circumstances. These people are actually very non-violent.
In female chart Rahu in signs of Mars shows that a lady may be accused of adultery.
7.while in male chart Raahu in shukra's Raashi shows the same. A female having Raahu in Shukra's raashi may be accused of being vain.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Bhanga of the dreaded serpant Yoga.

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Just as the light of the Sun removes darkness, so also truth dispels untruth and can break the kaala sarpa/amrita yoga. The houses of truth - the first and seventh houses, which symbolize the entrance into this world and exit here from, respectively.
Planets placed in the first or seventh from the respective node, or in the first or seventh from the lagna will thus be able to break the yoga and establish truth.
The Graha breaking the Yoga is a benefic (natural) then the break will be good and smooth otherwise the breakage will be painful.
The two grahas which can really break the yoga are guru and Chandra, with Shukra coming third.

Chandra breaking the yoga is termed as Mahaashankha Yoga. whereas Guru breaking it is called Mahaapadma yoga.

Remedies should focus on the breaking Graha or if there is no break then for Kaalaamrita it is Ganesha and for Kaalasarpa it is Chandi or Durga and her forms.

RishiRahul and vivek.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Dear Vivek ji and Rishi ji., Namaskaar.

Due to family problems I stopped reading Astrology  lessons for 3  months . I even stopped entering the Vedic forums fully for 2 months in between. Today fortunately I  got time and mind to  read this lesson number 20. But I am searching for the 19th lesson. But could not get that one. I am wondering how I missed 19th lesson?  Can u help me find that lesson please.? Or by mistake u might have given lesson number as 20 after 18 . I am sorry if my guess is wrong . More over my umbel request is , I need to learn more on Be raking of Mahaashankha Yoga and  Maha Padma yoga please. Can u give example chart to understand these yogas please.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Dear Vivek ji and Rishi ji.

I am very sorry , .after posting my earlier post,  I happened to find the lesson number 19 .

Lesson Ninteen: The wish fulfilling Tree.  

As there is no Numeric form  19 in the order of lesson and it is  given in words I got confused. Now my doubt is cleared. U please help me learn more on these kaalsarpa yogas . Thanks a lot.

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”