Lesson 20. The Big picture.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Lesson 20. The Big picture.

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Namaskaar All,
When a chart is presented to us as a Jyotish for guidance and sometimes it is a pitiful cry for help. What is the first thing that we should do?

Our advise would be to see the Horoscope with an eagles eye. The big Picture as well as the details. The Truth will always be some where in between these two.

This is going to be a short lesson on how to see the big picture.

Fro now keep thinking.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

The Larger Picture.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Namaskaar Jyotishas,
When looking at a chart at the first glance we should be able to see the pattern of placements of grahas.
Are the Grahas spread out or is it clustered in groups.
If the grahas are spread out then most probably there is a Graha maalikaa yoga in the Chart. This is a very important Yoga.
Graha Maalikaa means -a garland of Grahas.
Usually when you see five or more consecutive raashis occupied by Grahas then it is a Graha maalikaa yoga.
Some people also take four consecutive raashis occupied if the nodes are not involved.
Here the initiating and the leading grahas as well as the two bhaavas are given importance.

So watch out for them in Horoscopes as they are fairly common.

Rishirahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

An Example.

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 am

Namaskaar All,
See the attached horoscope and the Graha Maalikaa Yoga therein.
Comments on the same are invited.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:39 am

In the given Example, the Maalikaa yoga starts from the tenth and ends in the 5th. The initiating Graha is Chandra and the ending Graha is Ketu. Ketu is the leading Graha in this chart.
We can say that this Graha Maalikaa will be beneficial as the houses involved are Good (10th and fifth bhaavas) but still it (good effects) is locked till the natural year of Ketu.
This one yoga will overshadow many other yogas present in the chart.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji ,

1.suppose the last graha had a parivartana with initiating graha, will they replace ?
2. here we see a shrapa on ketu by rahu and sani. will it modify the end result ?
3.will the nature of the ending graha influence the final result or only the bhava?
4.why 2 modes are in operation while considering graha malika yog  ie; one including nodes and other excluding it ?

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 pm

also , instead of distributing themselves in 4 and more houses if it were all packed in 1 or 2 houses..will it still be called graha malika yog ? ...beacause since if it were in between rahu and ketu then it would still be kala sarpa or kala amrita...

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:32 am

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
Our replies below.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji ,

1.suppose the last graha had a parivartana with initiating graha, will they replace ?
Yes, we think it will replace. Normally the starting graha is called Devi and the leading graha is called Shiva.
2. here we see a shrapa on ketu by rahu and sani. will it modify the end result ?
Yes there is a Shraapa or Shaapa (curse) on Ketu but the primary Curse is from Chandra. This will surely modify the results. More suffering?
But Curses are abit advanced knowledge and hence we wont go into it right now as it would confuse beginners.

3.will the nature of the ending graha influence the final result or only the bhava?
Both.
4.why 2 modes are in operation while considering graha malika yog  ie; one including nodes and other excluding it ?
This yoga is derived from the Nabhaasa yogas. In nabhaasa yogas the nodes are omitted.

priyesh
Rishirahul and vivek.
Last edited by vivekvshetty on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am

namaskaar priyesh ji,
No it wont be called a Maalikaa yoga.

RishiRahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:also , instead of distributing themselves in 4 and more houses if it were all packed in 1 or 2 houses..will it still be called graha malika yog ? ...beacause since if it were in between rahu and ketu then it would still be kala sarpa or kala amrita...

vivekvshetty

Natural years.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:59 am

Namaskaar All,
The Graha Maalikaa yoga is said to function throughout the lifetime of a native having the same in his chart, but there are high and low points to it. This depends on the current Dashaas also.
we will be going to learn about dashaa shortly.
We can also see the high points based on the natural years of maturity of the Grahas.
Natural age
GRAHA    Primary   Secondary
Surya        21           48,7
chandra    23           5,49
Shukra      25           6,52
Mangal      27         10,39
Budha       31          20,54
Guru         33           24,56
Shani        35          39,82
Rahu         41
Ketu         45

The leading and the initiating Graha's natural years will be high points. Normally the age of the Graha which ends the Graha maalika is the time when the graha maalikaa effects will start to wane.

For those of you who know about Vimshottari dashaa, here is a pointer. Treat the leading graha as the paaka lagna and see where the mahadashaa Graha is placed. If they are in good houses from each other then the dashaa will be treated as beneficial by the Native.

RishiRahul and vivek.

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:16 am

Dear Vivek ji

If my understanding is right then lord ram too has this yoga in his chart 9th venus, 10th sun, 11th mercury, 12th ketu, lagna guru and moon

It would be nice to learn this yoga from lord ram chart i think as many may be knowing what happened in his life

Curse topic is not yet started but i remember lord ram was cursed by narada (said by visti ji in one of his lecture) does this show in chart too

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:12 am

Namaskaar Vivek ji,
but still it (good effects) is locked till the natural year of Ketu
Normally the age of the Graha which ends the Graha maalika is the time when the graha maalikaa effects will start to wane.
Based on the above, I understand (pls correct me if I am wrong), the good effects will last till the age of 45.

Also in the example chart the leading graha is Chandra. Hence I assume results from Chandra lagna will be more prominent and sustaining from age 23 to 45 as comapred to Vim Dasha results from Lagna.
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
our replies below.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivek ji,
but still it (good effects) is locked till the natural year of Ketu
Normally the age of the Graha which ends the Graha maalika is the time when the graha maalikaa effects will start to wane.
Based on the above, I understand (pls correct me if I am wrong), the good effects will last till the age of 45.
Ketu is the leading Graha here. All Grahas are following Ketu. Chandra is the initiating Graha.
Ketu becomes the overall ruler of the Horoscope till the 45th year.
It will lock all good results. Ketu is not a favorable graha for Materialism. It wants the Native to turn Spiritual (Turn towards Ganesha). In this Materialistic world this can cause much pain.

Also in the example chart the leading graha is Chandra. Hence I assume results from Chandra lagna will be more prominent and sustaining from age 23 to 45 as comapred to Vim Dasha results from Lagna.
Chandra is the first Lord in the tenth. It is not the leading Graha here but the last Graha. In charts having a Graha maalikaa yoga, vimshottari doesnt seem to work very well.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Very true. We expect you to lead us on this.

RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

If my understanding is right then lord ram too has this yoga in his chart 9th venus, 10th sun, 11th mercury, 12th ketu, lagna guru and moon

It would be nice to learn this yoga from lord ram chart i think as many may be knowing what happened in his life

Curse topic is not yet started but i remember lord ram was cursed by narada (said by visti ji in one of his lecture) does this show in chart too

Regards

Swapnil

vivekvshetty

An example of No Graha Maalikaa yoga.

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

namaskaar All,
The following Horoscope has Grahas in four consecutive raashis, but still there is no graha Maalikaa Yoga.
Give the reason for this.
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:31 am

Namaskaar All,
We want to know if there is a graha maalikaa yoga in this chart and if there is, then which is the Leading Graha (Shiva) and which is the Initiating Graha (Shakti).
What more effects can you read from the same?

RishiRahul and vivek.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”