Lesson 20. The Big picture.

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am

Namskaar Vivekji,

In the first example chart, the malika spreads across only four signs with the second sign occupied only by a node. If we include a sign with a node all by itself, then the maalika should cover five signs.

In the second, there is Graha Maalika yoga as it covers 5 signs with the second sign occupied by Ke. Shani is the initiating graha and Ravi is the leading graha.
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Good. Now the understanding is perfect.

RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs wrote:Namskaar Vivekji,

In the first example chart, the malika spreads across only four signs with the second sign occupied only by a node. If we include a sign with a node all by itself, then the maalika should cover five signs.

In the second, there is Graha Maalika yoga as it covers 5 signs with the second sign occupied by Ke. Shani is the initiating graha and Ravi is the leading graha.

vivekvshetty

Next

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:50 am

Namaskaar All,
we want to move ahead to the next yoga in this category. This yoga is called Sarpa or Bhujanga yoga. We will wait for two days, giving time for learners to post any query related to Graha Maalikaa Yoga.

RishiRahul and vivek.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Namaskar Vivek ji,

I am still not clear about the effect of Graha Maalika yoga. Will these assumptions be valid?

1. The Bhavas initiating and leading (unless they are dusthanaas) will always give good results till the natural age of the leading Graga irrespective of other afflictions (for e.g, in the first chart you posted, both the Bhavas are aspected by Shani who is a dire malefic for Karka lagna)
2. Vim Dasha results of Grahas in between are modified based on their relative positioning vis-a-vis the leading Graha till the natural age of leading graha

Also can we also say that the karakatwas represented by both Grahas get more prominence and strength than what the chart would indicate otherwise?

You also mentioned that Vim Dasha does not work well for a chart with Graha Maalika yoga. Will we cover in the Dasha lessons as to how to time the effect of Grahas in the Maalika?

It will also be great if you can select one or two results in any example chart delineating the differences between the results of the yoga and what it would have been if we were to ignore the yoga.
CRS

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:41 am

Dear Vivek ji

A little confusion as i was understanding Lord rama chart for this yoga, In the example chart you said that till ketu maturity age the effect of yoga is locked and in natural year post you said that effects will wane after maturation.

Also there is confusion over lord chart as 2 planets Guru Soma are ending the yoga which should be considered, I think Guru should be considered as graha ending the yoga as by Guru age 33 yrs i think high points of ramayana ended.

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Our replies below.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskar Vivek ji,

I am still not clear about the effect of Graha Maalika yoga. Will these assumptions be valid?

1. The Bhavas initiating and leading (unless they are dusthanaas) will always give good results till the natural age of the leading Graga irrespective of other afflictions (for e.g, in the first chart you posted, both the Bhavas are aspected by Shani who is a dire malefic for Karka lagna)
No, The Bhaavas initiating and ending the yoga, will play a prominent role in the life of the native having Graha maalikaa yoga. These areas will be highlighted in her/his life. The good bahaavas normally yeild good results
If suppose a Graha Maalikaa starts from the sixth to the twelfth, then the results for the native will not be very beneficial. The grahas placed in these two bhaavas are also important. in the first chart, both the houses are under a curse combination. The native was very healthy looking and slim. But in his 45th year he had to undergo a bypass, this was totally unexpected and unsuspected till then. Plus the Native right now is into providing software engineers for many IT firms as a Human resource consultant.  This is a very fifth Bhaava thing.

2. Vim Dasha results of Grahas in between are modified based on their relative positioning vis-a-vis the leading Graha till the natural age of leading graha
Pundit Sanjay rath says that the leading Graha will overshadow the Aatmakaaraka in the chart, till his (the leading Grahas) Natural age of maturation.

Also can we also say that the karakatwas represented by both Grahas get more prominence and strength than what the chart would indicate otherwise?
what do you think?

You also mentioned that Vim Dasha does not work well for a chart with Graha Maalika yoga. Will we cover in the Dasha lessons as to how to time the effect of Grahas in the Maalika?
If you are a expert with Vimshottari then all charts will work with Vimshottari. Many are not so experts and hence other dashaas are recommended. Pundit Sanjay Rath recommends Budhi gati dashaa for charts with Graha Maalikaa.

It will also be great if you can select one or two results in any example chart delineating the differences between the results of the yoga and what it would have been if we were to ignore the yoga.
See the first chart as an example. There is first lord in the tenth bhaava and this is a very good yoga for power and position. The Native started out very promisingly but half way everything fell apart.
RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Namaskaar Swapnil ji,
Even we are not aware if Chandra is the leading graha or Guru.
The Dharma trikona becomes important here. Ninth is the Dharma bhaava. Shukra exalted sits there. this is Sitaa ji. See how Raavana tried to  debilitate Shukra by keeping Sitaa maata in a Garden (Kanya). The ending bhaava is the first and this has Guru and Chandra and thus has given him everlasting fame (gaja keaasri), Aspect of Mangal is Dharmakarmaadipati Yoga.
See how Guru is under a curse combination.

RishiRahul and vivek.
gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear Vivek ji

A little confusion as i was understanding Lord rama chart for this yoga, In the example chart you said that till ketu maturity age the effect of yoga is locked and in natural year post you said that effects will wane after maturation.

Also there is confusion over lord chart as 2 planets Guru Soma are ending the yoga which should be considered, I think Guru should be considered as graha ending the yoga as by Guru age 33 yrs i think high points of ramayana ended.

Regards

Swapnil

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 am

Dhanyavvad Vivekji,
The native was very healthy looking and slim. But in his 45th year he had to undergo a bypass, this was totally unexpected and unsuspected till then
The period corresponds to Vim Dasha of 5th Lord Ma in 4th aspecting lagnesh. I assume that the bad effects of this would not have surfaced had it been within the natural age of Ke.

If we see the Dasha sequence before this he/she would have gone thru Ke, Ve, Su and Mo before that.I assume Ve MD in the normal course would have been very unfavourable (debilitated and enemy of lagnesh, owning 4th and 11th) but for the Graha Maalika yoga.
what do you think?
I think Karakatwas of leading graha will dominate and those of initiating graha support it.
There is first lord in the tenth bhaava and this is a very good yoga for power and position. The Native started out very promisingly but half way everything fell apart.
Did the "falling apart" happen in 2008 (after Ke natural age)?

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:41 am

Namaskaar CRS ji,
We wont be commenting on the vimshottari Dashaa for now.
except for the principle we gave in the lesson.
See the Mahadashaa from the perspective of the Leading Graha.
At birth, Ketu.
Then Shukra, they are in 3/11 positions and hence ok.
Ravi in 4/10 is good.
Chandra in 6/8 is very bad.
Now Mangal in 2/ 12 is also bad.
The native completed his 45th year this year.

Kaarakatva are important. Then also the natural relationship as well as their position from each other is important.
See the example given.
Ketu is very bad for Chandra (it is the eclipse causing graha for chandra - remember Vaara Chakra). Add to it htat they are placed in 6th - 8th from each other. Also remember that Ketu is placed in maranakaaraka sthaana from Chandra.

RishiRahul and vivek.
mysbcrs wrote:Dhanyavvad Vivekji,
The native was very healthy looking and slim. But in his 45th year he had to undergo a bypass, this was totally unexpected and unsuspected till then
The period corresponds to Vim Dasha of 5th Lord Ma in 4th aspecting lagnesh. I assume that the bad effects of this would not have surfaced had it been within the natural age of Ke.

If we see the Dasha sequence before this he/she would have gone thru Ke, Ve, Su and Mo before that.I assume Ve MD in the normal course would have been very unfavourable (debilitated and enemy of lagnesh, owning 4th and 11th) but for the Graha Maalika yoga.
what do you think?
I think Karakatwas of leading graha will dominate and those of initiating graha support it.
There is first lord in the tenth bhaava and this is a very good yoga for power and position. The Native started out very promisingly but half way everything fell apart.
Did the "falling apart" happen in 2008 (after Ke natural age)?

CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Namaskaar All,
btw did anyone notice that the chart has two Grahas in Least Dig bala and one graha in Digbali position. Also Both the initiating and the ending Raashi is owned by Mangal?
Rishirahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

Sarpa Yoga.

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 am

Bhujang (Sarpa) Yoga: If all the malefics occupy three kendra houses and the benefics are placed in houses other than the angular ones, Bhujang (Sarpa) Yoga is formed.
Effects ascribed to this yoga in classics: The native born in Sarpa Yoga will be a crook, cruel, endowed with self-inflicted poverty,always surrounded with miseries of all kinds, and always looking to enjoy others' food and drink.
Such Yogas are rarely formed. There are only two malefics Saturn and Mars. When Saturn and Mars are in an angular position and the third angle is joined by Sun (not conjunct with Mercury or Venus), only then
this yoga is formed.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

An Example.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Namaskaar All,
See the example of a chart having Sarpa YOga. Comments are awaited on this chart.

RishiRahul and vivek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:44 am

Namaskaar Vivekji,

Frankly but for the sarpa yoga description< I find many positive things about the chart:

1. Lagnesh in lagna
2. Very strong 9th house with two benefics, one of them Sukra also a yogakaraka in own house. Also navamsha lagna falls in Tula, the 9th house
3. Budha, Mangal and Guru aspect their own houses. Budha also in own amsha.
4. Nodes are in signs they are very comfortable in with Ke in own nakshara
5. Shani falls in Vrishik navamsha and with navamsesh in 7th house this also satisfies the Kalpadruma yoga condition
6. Ravi is vargottama

Excluding the sarpa/bhujanga yoga, the key negative that I could see was:

1. Shani and Mangal in samasaptak
2. Guru in MKS

I will look forward to hear from you on what the actual results were.

CRS
CRS

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Namaskaar CRS ji,
Good points. Yes the horoscope shows great potential. our observations below your comments.
mysbcrs wrote:Namaskaar Vivekji,

Frankly but for the sarpa yoga description< I find many positive things about the chart:

1. Lagnesh in lagna

Strictly speaking Kumbha has two lords. Raahu will dominate because,
it is exalted,
not placed in the first Bhaava.
Shani here will act more as the 12th lord. Shani is placed in Maranakaaraka sthaana.

2. Very strong 9th house with two benefics, one of them Sukra also a yogakaraka in own house. Also navamsha lagna falls in Tula, the 9th house
Very good points. In fact this Bhaava is the turning point in the chart.
3. Budha, Mangal and Guru aspect their own houses. Budha also in own amsha.
4. Nodes are in signs they are very comfortable in with Ke in own nakshara
5. Shani falls in Vrishik navamsha and with navamsesh in 7th house this also satisfies the Kalpadruma yoga condition
what if we take Raahu as the Lagnesha?
6. Ravi is vargottama
It is also Digbali. This gave the native fame as well as position in the political field during his college days. there was great opportunities for becoming a youth leader on the local level.

Excluding the sarpa/bhujanga yoga, the key negative that I could see was:

1. Shani and Mangal in samasaptak
This is Mati brama Yoga and both grahas are in Maranakaaraka.
2. Guru in MKS
This is not as bad, especially for Guru Bhakti.

I will look forward to hear from you on what the actual results were.

CRS
We will wait for a few more replies from other learners before giving our take on this.

RishiRahul and vivek.

vivekvshetty

The other side

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 am

Maala yoga: when three kendras are occupied by benefics then this Yoga is formed.
The results of this yoga is very beneficial.
We dont have any example chart at present in our database to illustrate this yoga. As we can see this is opposite of Sarpa yoga and a desirable yoga to have. A pure Maala yoga is very rare we guess.

RishiRahul and vivek.

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”