Mediumship

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

believer

Mediumship

Post by believer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Forgive me if this is a repost- I tried to scan before writing this.  I've been reading alot of the different posts and starting wondering if we all (humans) have the ability to train our brain to become mediums or improve psychic ability.  I know thru meditation some things are possible, but I am curious if anyone who did not start out at a early age with the "gift" was able to become as such later in life?

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:19 am

personally I feel that any one can, I think that you have to be dedicated and work twice as hard because you are trying to learn something that isn't a natural 'reflex' for you. But once you learn how and practice that you will be just as accurate if not more so than someone born with the gift... I often wish that I was like this, because if you have learned to turn it on then you can turn it off too... The best that I can do with out feeling like I am missing a huge part of me is to try to ignore it... which doesn't always work and leaves me looking kinda crazy talking to myself... *smile*

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Like all the talents within, some can be stronger in one person over another, but all are available for training.  Psychic abilities are no less a skill to be trained than any other talents we may have to exercise.

Begin by learning all you can, as knowledge is power.  Then practice - meditation is the tool.  Strengthening and balancing yourself in spirituality can be done through the tools of your own consciousness.  As you read up on these topics you will see how they fit together for the overall talents development.

believer

Mediumship

Post by believer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 am

I believe you are Right!  Knowledge is Power and I've learned so much all ready from this board.  I know it takes time and practice on mediatation.  I experience the "Monkey Brain" as some people put it.  I wish it was easier - but I know that good things usually don't come easy at least with me.   My brain seems to never slow down, even while sleeping, I dream constantly - lol.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:02 pm

When you use the tools of your own consciousness (visualization, meditation, affirmation) to put yourself into a positive mode of operation at all times.  When we do this in the conscious state, it also happens in the altered (sleep) state keeping us positive in all things - including dreams.  

The Monkey Mind (I love using this term since first hearing it) climbs and swings in the trees of our mind - from one thought to another.  That is why Meditation is about thinking upon - we can take charge of our own consciousness and return the mind to our own scene of peace we have developed for this purpose.  Meditation takes practice to strengthen and direct the mind - it does happen with each meditation we engage.

believer

Mediumship

Post by believer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:30 am

I noticed that you are starting up another class on Mediumship, do you need to be at a level of mediation to comprehend this clase?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:04 pm

The mediumship notes are still posted - read through all the topics - then ask any questions that arise.  It is for all to check out.

Moon_Haven767

Post by Moon_Haven767 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:36 pm

wow i was wounder the same thing if anyone can be a medium

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Everyone has the capability of psychic awareness.  It can be stronger in some than others.  All begins with opening our awareness to more in the universe than the 5 senses can give, but starting with them as we take them to a more sensitive level of our psychic awareness.  Read the lessons and try some exercises to open your own consciousness and see where it leads.

khb21603

Hmmm

Post by khb21603 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 pm

I have been known to be able to tell if something is or is not going to happen. I have also had dreams where I met someone and then with in a week I met that person. I can read people and their actions pretty well, but being able to tap into that psychic ability I am not sure of. I can tell you that I do hear voices that are not there, for some reason it's at work???? I work in a manufactoring plant. I also see things out of the corner of my eye. Like someone is watching me. I can't for the life of me figure that one out. I can't tell if they are there for good or harm. I will keep reading and see what I can learn.

chikid68

Post by chikid68 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:47 pm

I feel that if ou are aware of your inate gifts that it is easier to acomplish but with training anyone willing to devote themselves to the study can develop at least some degree of medium abilities.
Some people are more in tune with their natural gifts than others and as such are classed as born with it but anyone has the potential.
Of course thats just this humans opinion

khb21603

Post by khb21603 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 am

I would like to learn what my gifts are. I would love to be able to use this gift for the good of all I come in contact with.

believer

Mediumship

Post by believer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:23 pm

I totally agree with giving back to the universe the good and positive things we can learn.  Just think what the world would be like if everyone did just that.   :smt002

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 pm

question. i got ADD and its really tough for me to meditate because any kind of sound bothers me and i wont pay attention to the meditation, plus my mind tends to wander whenever i try to do which is frusterating! anyone know how to control that?

khb21603

Re: Mediumship

Post by khb21603 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:57 am

[quote="believer"]I totally agree with giving back to the universe the good and positive things we can learn.  Just think what the world would be like if everyone did just that.   :smt002[/quote]

I would love to have a position that allowed me to help others and help the world at the same time. That would be my ultimate.

I totally agree with you, what a wonderful world it would be.  :smt003

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”