Connecting with Grandmother while meditating?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

RebeccaReiki

Connecting with Grandmother while meditating?

Post by RebeccaReiki » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Good day all!

I was just wondering if this was for real.  I am fairly sure I connected with my grandmother's spirit while meditating the other day.  I could not see her, but I heard her although I did not hear any words.  She told me she loved me and she was so proud of me.  She called me REBECCA and no one else living on earth calls me that.  I was brought to tears.  In the middle of the connection I opened my eyes and I could tell she was still there, I seemed to be still in a meditative state, or at least I think that is what it was.  Then the phone rang....UHHHH.

I am really new at all of this and I really dont know what I am doing but I can not deny what I am experiencing.  Anyone have any tidbits for me? I am in search of a spiritual teacher but there doesn't seem to be any running to my assistance quite yet.  I have so many questions.  

Thank you for your time!
May light shine upon you!
Rebecca

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:11 pm

Yes, you experienced your Grandmother.  That's great.  Good for you.

My grandparents visit me often, along with my dogs, a cousin, friends.  They tend to let us know they are ok and that they love us.  It's always neat that I feel them around.  
My mother experiences her mother with her a lot.  It's very reassuring for her.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:37 pm

If we want to develop mediumship, it is not about our loved ones, but an attunement process to a special friend and partner, our spirit guide.  It is wonderful to have the visit from loved ones.  Then we progress to attunement with spirit to help others to see their own loved ones.

Check out some of the mediumship development notes and then meditate to hone your own talents.  When using the techniques to attune to your own personal spirit guide you will have a friend through all spirit contact as well as aid with your earth life.

RebeccaReiki

Post by RebeccaReiki » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

OH thank you both so much.  A little reassurance goes a long, long way.  My philosophy is essentially that I will "go to where the road takes me."  I has not yet let me down.

I have faith that my spiritual awarness will develop as I am ready and I will meet who I need to teach me what I need to know when the time is right.  Patience is a virtue.  I think that it is the main thing I am here to learn.  I am now realizing  that I have not practiced patience in my life nearly enough until I began to see it as the biggest stone  in the path of my own development.

I am so glad to have found this place to help me understand myself a little more.   Thank you ...  Thank You ...  thank you! :)

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”