Who are spirit guides?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CuriousK

Who are spirit guides?

Post by CuriousK » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 am

Been reading through some of the threads here. I don't know much about spirits, nor have any special talents. I'm wondering who are usually our spirit guides? Why have they been chosen to be our guides?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Spirit guides have chosen to take on this job.  Some wish to be of service.  Some grow through their service to others (us).  

They are all here to do the best they can in aiding our journey of life.  They have lived an earth life before and know the challenges we face.  They can help us over the pitfalls.  They are not perfect.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Are they usually family or strangers who decide to help us? How many do we usually have?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Spirit guides are NEVER our family.  When spirit was on the earth plane, how well did you listen to their advice?  Why would it be any different once they have passed?  So to find someone with whom you could partner and listen for advice, it could be a challenge among family members.

Spirit guides come on a vibration/energy of compatibility.  They are someone who recognizes your struggles and perhaps had similar issues in their lives and have figured out how to overcome the challenges.  In that way your spirituality can be enhanced and encouraged by this contact.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:31 am

So how many spirit guides do we normally have? HOw are they suppose to guide us if most of us can not communicate with them to recieve their advice in the first place?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:34 pm

I am inclined to think that they give up if there is a materialistic person not at all interested in their guidance, why stay?  Spirit guides come when we are open to communication.  Even our interests in the sensitivities tends to open that door wider.

During mediumship studies it has been shown that a medium/psychic working with spirit realms, will draw several spirit guides.  Perhaps for different purposes (when you are speaking, when you are demonstrating, when you are healing)

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I agree with spirit talk, there can be many who come to help....It is also possible to connect with the spirit guide of the person you are trying to help as well as your own.

It depends on what I am trying to do...how many come to help me.  But my spirit guide...the one who chose to help me in my life is always present.  I like to think of him as a big brother, always looking out for me and helping me fix stuff..

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't know if this point was covered, but it seems to fit here.....always attune ONLY to your own guide when doing message work.  You are compatible with some people on earth and not so compatible with others.  It is the same in the unseen world.  So ANY and ALL spirit can come, if we work through our own spirit guide ONLY.

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:10 am

When I work I feel other presences..but they are in the background...I see them behind my guide....I might ask my guide to interact with someones guide if I feel they have been trying to get a point across to them and want me to convey it...I always ask for only information that will be beneficial to the recepient   is this what you mean spirittalk?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:24 pm

As long as it is your own guide you are listening to, not any and all random spirit entities.  When we open the door, sometimes more than the one we want can walk through.  Making sure to be attuned only to your own guide keeps the exercise at the light level for best connection.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:42 am

So when mediums do readings and contact the client's spirit guide, how do they know that it is the right spirit they are communicating with?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

A reader connects to their own guide ONLY.  Who the guide brings is given to the medium/psychic to describe and understand - is it a loved one, is it a guide?  

Communication has 4 participants - the medium (1) attunes to their spirit guide (2) as well as their client (3) and the spirit guide brings all spirit entities (4).  When you consider energies and  how, even in this life, we can be connected or repelled by anyone it is important to have a compatible energy for all the work in the unseen world.  In that way, anyone can come, through your guides protection.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:22 am

I c. Another question i have. Most of the time taht i am feeling these 'sensations' on my arm and hands mostly, are during my time reading online. I wonder how these sensations are created? What i mean is, are these sensations the result of spirits deliberately touching me? Because usually i feel only certain parts of my arms and hands. It is not the whole arm, etc.

I recently paid attention to these sensations and wondered whether these sensations came at a certain time whislt i'm reading. Last time, i took note of the words i was reading when i felt the sensation. It was 'deceased love one'....and now it really gets me thinking whether they were trying to give me a message? Can this be? But the touches are very frequent at times.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 pm

You may be going to an altered state (which is common) to do your readings.  When that happens, they are impressing you in so many ways that it also manifests on the physical body.  It is definitely not unusual.

I was told during demonstrations: You don't have to cry about it.  My eyes would tear.  As the medium and guide get into a closer attunement stage it tends to eliminate the physical sensations.  But they still occur on ocassion.

CuriousK

Post by CuriousK » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 am

So you are saying i'm in the process of becoming closer to being able to communicate and connect to my spirit guides?

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”