Taking control

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

Taking control

Post by Doe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 am

Spiritalk, I just wanted to let you know that what you've said about "taking control" of one's own space has been sinking in.  Your advice seems to be to be kind but firm, and I agree (although every so often I've lost my temper and let one or two of them have it!).  There have been times when I felt strange or "watched", as if I have to get permission or something to do the things that I would normally do without thought otherwise.  But in the past couple of days I've been more proactive about it, telling them that this is my house, and my body, and that I'm in charge here.  I let them know that I would help them if I knew how, but that the only thing I can do for them at this point is pray that they can get to the "place of peace".  In the meantime, though, they need to live by my rules, and be respectful as I am of them, if they're going to hang around until they can find a way out.  It seems to help; if nothing else I feel better that I've let them know that I have every intention of living my life as I see fit, regardless of their attempts to interfere.

At first, I used to feel self-conscious about doing things like taking showers, etc., because I felt that I was being "watched."  But I finally got to the point where I just said, "Hey, it's your choice if you want to spend your time watching me do this stuff, but I'm still alive and I still have to do it!"

Thanks!

Doe

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”