development

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lynnnora2

development

Post by lynnnora2 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi, I was just wanting to share my experiences and hoped to recieve some guidance on how to strenghthen my connection to the spirit world. Every Thursday night I have a meditation night with four people from my spiritualist church. Nothing seemed to happen much for me spiritually for a few months but for the last two weeks I have had thoughts placed in my mind during my meditations. Also I have smelled two different scents which have linked to the spirits with who I have communicated with. Is this just a stage of development and do you think I will get more as time goes on? I would appreciate any advice given. Love Lynnnora. x

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Development notes indicate that we use ALL 5 senses used in our material life and take them to our psychic sensitivities adding 2 more:  Intuition from the gut and I know from the heart.  So smells and thoughts are just 2 examples of how the talents unfold.  In our meetings smells are a commons thing.  When you think of memory being closely connected to smells it is no wonder they manifest so readily.

In a development group, do you have time to question and ask about what is happening?  If this is not available, what is the group focus?
God bless, J

lynnnora2

development

Post by lynnnora2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 am

Hi spiritalk and thank you for your response. In our development classes, myself, my sister and my mam are the newest members and although other practicing mediums are advising us, our teacher just keeps telling us that itll come. Our teacher is a brilliant medium but she has been able to see spirits from a very early age. Also we have to meditate so quickly in the class I never get anywhere, apart from the tingling.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Perhaps you could calm yourself before circle?  Then when you close your eyes you can go to your own personal place of peace all ready to receive spirit.  I find that by the time we quiet ourselves and then attune to spirit it can take about 20 minutes - some people do longer (which I would find unsettling) and others do less (which I feel like I  have been cheated of time to attune).  Everyone has their own comfort zone.

When I do the circle with budding mediums, there is always time to ask about what is happening and get some explanations.  There is always time to share any messages - but that isn't as important as asking to learn about development.  That is the focus of my groups of course.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”