Meditation to meet my guide

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mystic Cadet

Meditation to meet my guide

Post by Mystic Cadet » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Someone was kind enough to provide me with a Meditation MP3 file  :smt020  So I can use it to meet my spirint guide for the first time.

I read somewhere"from spiritalk" that a prayer for protection and guidance should be in place before I start.

Can someone provide me with ones you use, or are do you create your own?

thanks
Last edited by Mystic Cadet on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 am

Mystic Cadet,

I envisage myself surround by a blue light when ever I feel I need protection... I have never said any kind of Prayer... Yet My methods are not conventional.

LoS
Every varient of truth contains an Axiom. - "No label can make your decisions" (Spiritalk).

Mystic Cadet

Post by Mystic Cadet » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm

A blue light...hmmm

After reading this board for several weeks I thought a White light would be more appropriate(spl).

Why did you choose a Blue light?  

thanks for your reply landofshadows  :smt002

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Mystic Cadet,

I go from my Throat Chakra, build the energy there and open my mouth to release it... I then evisage it either going towards the object or creature I wish to remove, or just picture it building in my throat then slowly surrounding my whole body... I know that sounds kind of mental.

It's not really about the light... for me at least... It is about being in control and having a safety meassure.  When in the Astral world, its your world, you create it, within your dimensional self and mind, although you may not feel in control of the events, you do have to at least try and be the driver of it, for me Blue light is my method removing or pushing back unwanted events, a calmer of sorts, while building the light I like to try and feel a vibrational note to go with the colour, and I picture a wave of sound rippling out from my throat and all around me along side the light in a vortex.

White light I may use for something like sending Astral beings, passed human energy over to another dimension or plane... But a white light will apear not from me, but from the dimension I am hoping to send the energy to (Like a beam, of light, a little like in depictions of Light from Heaven in well known paintings and scripture).

I see Chakratic energy, energy you create to have more control than that pulled from else where... You can use the energy from each point to alter your Astral experience in different ways, like the throat to warn off, like an Astral voice... Your lower Chakra to call things to you, your mind Chakra to expand, to become larger or to change form etc...

It is your Astral plane I am sure you will develope your own techniques.

I tend to use my techinques in the real world to help remove stress and tension, but I do this in my own time in a sort of meditation, jjust relax, focus on breathing and the blue light as it leaves my throat I try and remove any negative feelings along with it... So the Astral world also helps with the normal events of my life, I feel using this connection helps strengthen both.

Does any of the above help you at all ?

LoS

Mystic Cadet

Post by Mystic Cadet » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes it does...

basically we create our own realm and from there you tend to develop techniques/tool that works best for you to help you ..  

Tonight I plan on listening to the MP3 file. But the question I have is  "Am i supposed to be lying down ex: Bed"  or do I have to be sitting on a chair, Posture?
I read somewhere that posture is extremely important, if you can't nail that down, you will fail in meeting with your guide ... need help with this

thanks for helping me out

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm

landofshadows wrote:Mystic Cadet,

I go from my Throat Chakra, build the energy there and open my mouth to release it... I then evisage it either going towards the object or creature I wish to remove, or just picture it building in my throat then slowly surrounding my whole body... I know that sounds kind of mental.

J:  Nothing is right or wrong with our practices.  We do what feels right for ourselves.  There are some protection exercises that people write down to share.  But when doing them, make them your own so that you are comfortable in all aspects.

It's not really about the light... for me at least... It is about being in control and having a safety meassure.  When in the Astral world, its your world, you create it, within your dimensional self and mind, although you may not feel in control of the events, you do have to at least try and be the driver of it, for me Blue light is my method removing or pushing back unwanted events, a calmer of sorts, while building the light I like to try and feel a vibrational note to go with the colour, and I picture a wave of sound rippling out from my throat and all around me along side the light in a vortex.

J:  The astral plane is the lowet of levels to actually wish yourself to travel.  While it is truly a mental world, there are those with uneducated souls hanging around to disrupt the traveller who is not wary of where they are and who they are with in spirit.

It is interesting that when taken to spirit realms there is no need to have this much protection.  The astral is the level at which so much is needed, because of uneducated souls abounding.  There is really nothing to be gained by travelling in the astral realms.  Reach for the spiritual realms.

White light I may use for something like sending Astral beings, passed human energy over to another dimension or plane... But a white light will apear not from me, but from the dimension I am hoping to send the energy to (Like a beam, of light, a little like in depictions of Light from Heaven in well known paintings and scripture).

J:  White light is considered the purity of spirit.  When we wish to draw all purity to us, use of the white light is important.  See ourselves as the light as well as surrounded by it.

I see Chakratic energy, energy you create to have more control than that pulled from else where... You can use the energy from each point to alter your Astral experience in different ways, like the throat to warn off, like an Astral voice... Your lower Chakra to call things to you, your mind Chakra to expand, to become larger or to change form etc...

It is your Astral plane I am sure you will develope your own techniques.

J:  There is so much more in the spirit realms, why travel at this level?  Raise your efforts and you will be rewarded with raised vibrational experiences.

I tend to use my techinques in the real world to help remove stress and tension, but I do this in my own time in a sort of meditation, jjust relax, focus on breathing and the blue light as it leaves my throat I try and remove any negative feelings along with it... So the Astral world also helps with the normal events of my life, I feel using this connection helps strengthen both.

Does any of the above help you at all ?

LoS

A simple protection visualization:

See a bubble like one blown from a child's soap bubble pipe - opaque and comes with a rainbow patch (rainbows are such wonderful symbols of connection, communication, bridges, etc. and come with a pot of gold (prosperity) at the end) .  See it expand to encompass your whole body and you may even feel the floating sensation as making you lighter than air.  See it as a filter of all negativity from within or without.  In this way you are totally protected from all energies not of your own choosing.  We take charge of self in our own bubble of protection.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Mystic Cadet:  Do not be out of control of your mind.  Do any exercise when you are awake and alert.  Doing it going to sleep or even lying down invites you to sleep and open your consciousness without the control of your alertness.

Do not use tapes to follow a meditation.  They can tend to be hypnotic.  And hypnosis is NOT the same thing as a meditation for exercises to connect.  Meditation means to think upon.  By this is an indication that we do not stop the mind, so much as re-train it to a peaceful place.

Sit quiet and breathe deeply to calm the body.  Play some soft music in a slightly darkened room.   Go to a specific 'place' in your meditation - a peace centre - and keep the mind coming back to this scene throughout your meditation.  

When the energy changes and you feel at peace, place a seat and symbol to invite your guide to join you.  It is a wonderful time to share your own centre with a spirit guide in love and light.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 pm

LoS:  This is a forum for the mediumship development course.  Perhaps this is better shared on the Psychic forum or other site?
God bless, J

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm

spiritalk wrote:LoS:  This is a forum for the mediumship development course.  Perhaps this is better shared on the Psychic forum or other site?
spiritalk has a point there, this thread should benefit anyone developing psychic ability, not just mediumship....

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”