psychic or medium?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

widboudicea

psychic or medium?

Post by widboudicea » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:34 pm

I am confused about my abilities.

I have devoured all the information in the lessons and now know that I have loads to learn still and relish the opportunity to do so on this forum.

What I am confused about is this.
I have always been aware of spirits, I could as a child tell you what spirits visited our household, being aware of a girl, maid spirit in one house, an older lady in another and in my current house another small child who often calls out to me.
YET, I have never seen them, they talk through my mind. If I am doing a reading I am becoming more aware of spirits around me and often see 'spirits' of those still alive which I find difficult to determine whether they are passed or not. Before going to sleep I pften see faces of those trying to contact me and have felt tapping but have learnt to say not now. I have read the article on Psychic and Mediumship and understand the difference but I don't know what category I fall in to.

I am not trying to be boastful as I feel very humbled with everyone on here but just want to know how to further develop my abilities.

I appreciate an advice and wisdom and thank you in advance

Many blessings
No link in Signatures.
To big Avatar.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm

It all begins with opening to our psychic sensitivities.  We take all the 5 senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch - tactile and emotional) add 2 more:  Intuition from the gut and I know from the heart with our psychic sensitivities.  The tool we to open to these psychic senses is meditation.  

When we meditate regularly in the same place, same time, same people, we are setting an appointment with our spirit guide to join us and open our many talents and abilities.  (I don't like the word gift - it indicates something given to us without effort on our part).  Finding a good hands on teacher and group is a good step forward.  My following is Spiritualism and if you would like to find someone in your own area, let me know.

What you describe in 'knowing' spirit is there is clairsentience.  It is a wonderful opportunity to know when the unseen is with us.  But it also helps us get in touch with our own spirit.  

We have our own spirit within even as we live a materially focused life.  That is why it is sometimes hard to tell if you are with the deceased or the living spirit.

The first step is take charge.  And you have done that with questioning your own abilities.  Next is finding some good guidance.  You can go to information here for guidance, but hands on helps you to develop with someone to answer your questions as they arise.

Through meditation you can do exercises to meet/greet your guide.  Once you understand your connection with this wonderful friend and partner, you can attune regularly to open the psychic gates.  Mediumship is working closely with a guide to bring spirit to the fore.
God bless, J

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 pm

I Like the word gift. If a child is given a violin it is a gift, but if the child is to make anything of the instrument, learn how learn play it well, keep it tuned and maintained, effort is required.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 18, 2009 12:37 pm

The word isn't important, the effort to develop is.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”