How do I know what's what?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sabbath siren

How do I know what's what?

Post by sabbath siren » Wed May 20, 2009 6:22 am

:smt101 Something I have trouble with...
Last night, while at work, I met a man who mentioned very early in the conversation that he'd lost a wife to cancer three years ago.  Without revealing details of my work, I will just say that this fact was significant to our paths having crossed in this way.
It's by no means the first time it has happened but, I became aware that a seemingly random thought was just there floating on top of my headspace.  My internal stream of consciousness is, at times, much like a spontaneous brainstorming of words or remembered vignettes and snippets from books, chats, films, you name it. This was one of the ones that softly but dynamically pops up all by itself and I guess I reached just at the right time to pull it forth without distortion.  Three names- Lauren, Lilly, Lisa.  I went out on a limb, as I've done before on occasion, and I was spot on.  One was his sister, one was his receptionist and one was a best friend from high school days.  Given my recent thoughts and questions, I was so pleased and it seemed like a sign of validation for myself to  persevere.  But what I usually don't grasp in this situation is how to proceed from that point.  I'm fine with relating to the other person involved but how do I reach for (or receive) the next message?  It seems that once I know someone is there, I don't know how to listen any further.  I can be still and listen internally but the things that seem to float to the top after the initial detail or two are often way off the mark.
Also, this particular gentleman accepted the names from me quite easily and with a smile but I didn't feel, this time, that he understood that perhaps it was validation of some kind, perhaps from someone.  I myself am not even sure if it is spirit telling me those things or if it maybe some other type of intuition.  Round in circles I go from there!
I'd greatly appreciate any experienced feedback and, once again, I know I take too many words to post a question and I beg your pardon for my long-windedness.  Can't seem to avoid that...
Love to you,
Peta x

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 20, 2009 12:17 pm

After we have made attunement with our own spirit guide (that is who is bringing the information) and we receive one bit of information, we have to be a part of the whole exercise.  Try asking the usual who, what, when, where, why, how and see the first thoughts that come to your mind.  

Practice makes perfect!  We keep asking and we keep trying.

In this instance you would have to ask on each name.  Who has the message?  Then listen for the response.
Last edited by spiritalk on Wed May 20, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabbath siren

That was really fast!

Post by sabbath siren » Wed May 20, 2009 2:47 pm

I wonder how many times over some of the questions on these pages are asked.  
(Sheepish) Thank you, Spiritalk.
x

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Ahhh sometimes it just doesn't make sense until we experience for ourselves.  LOL
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”