scrying - where to start

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ResidentEthel

scrying - where to start

Post by ResidentEthel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:05 pm

where can i find good books or sites on scrying - and whats the best equipment to use?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:17 pm

While I believe all methods used to attune are precious to each of us, the bottom line in mediumship development is the opening and awareness of self.  Working on personal spirituality is the key to good mediumship.
God bless, J

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:45 pm

that not quite what i was asking....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Perhaps the Psychic line would have more people familiar with scrying.  Just a thought.....
God bless, J

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 pm

theres no need to be patronizing.....

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:09 am

Pendulums can work if you honest with your self. If you get a pendulum first it must be programmed by clearing it and making it so it can only be used for good and giving truthful answers, that type of thing, then working out what means what. Everyone seems to have their own method but there are some universal systems that work. I can't find the link I read before but what I read and practice is back and forth, going forward to back is waiting for either a question or an answer. Side to side is no answer available at this time. Clockwise is yes and counter clock wise is no.

Runes can work, or tarot. But these both involve a fair bit of learning, and be aware that this is not something to delve in. You are either serious about learning or you are putting your are putting your self and others as risk. Even if it is just risk of getting false answers, there can still be consequences.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah, I'm definately serious - I've been reading the tarot for 2 years and get very good results....I just want to broaden my horizons with other methods....

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 am

I suggest learning the elder futhark runes then. They can be a good stepping stone for working with runes(literally mystery language). It is best to make a rune set your self, as it will then have your energy in it. Wood is a preferred material to use. Stones can work to. It's best if you find the material, as then it is coming to you naturally and is much more pure, which important especially when it comes to magic. It is possible to have store bought ones and transmute and cleanse them but it is best for all the energies that go into them to be pure.

Also note that things like this should either be made ones self, or received as a gift. An I ching reader told me once that they had a deck they bought. One time they were doing a reading for someone with the bought deck. The someone they were doing a reading for left their dog and went to use a nearby bathroom first, and the dog pissed on her cards. She then waited a year till she was given a deck(which she has had much success with).

There is also scrying methods which involve tossing a bunch of bones and interpreting how they land and what it could mean.

Another method involves tossing gem stones and examining how they land for meaning. I've never done this. What I prefer is mediating with crystals. Obsidian can be a good one. This can be done by holding the crystal and staring at it, or just one of these forms of contact. It can take some time for a clear answer to come. The stones can help much with clarity and with being grounded enough to remain calm with any answer that may come.

There are also forms of scrying by wind. With this you can be creative with what method you use. Anything from wind chimes to feeling your hair blowing in the wind.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 pm

I didnt think spiritalk was being patronising Residentethel......

Like Aegeus said,you can try the pendulum and it depends what you want to use it for.
I have taught myself the pendulum and still teaching myself... it is not as easy as it sounds. the best way to handle the pendulum is to be totally unbiased and detach yourself from any sort of wishful thinking.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 pm

I think we cleared that up cedar.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”