I want to be a medium!!!!

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

johnswifey86

I want to be a medium!!!!

Post by johnswifey86 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 am

I have went through and read alot of the posts where people were asking questions about becoming a medium. I know anyone can aquire these abilties, but my questions is how does one become a medium???? I have read the replies of these questions by others, and since I am a begginer these replies were a little to advanced for me. If maybe someone can point me in the right direction in a REALLY simple answer that would be great. Thank you so much. Also I have absolutely no ability, especially psychic so I would love to learn how to aquire such abilities, especially being a medium.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:38 pm

All mediums begin by developing their psychic sensitivities.  That is the part of our being that is used for communication with spirit (mediumship).  I like the ideas in Tara Ward's Develop Your Psychic Powers.  It talks of using all the 5 senses from your material life and adding 2 more (intuition from the gut and I know from the heart) as you apply the psychic sensitivities within yourself.  That is the start!

Meditation is the tool we use to open the sensitivities.  The tools of our own consciousness are important to make it a spiritual experience as we address the spirit vibrations within.  Taking charge of yourself and your direction is so important.

A lot of this information is written up in the various lessons attached to this site.  Read through some of the beginning one - psychic development, tools of your own consciousness and see how you begin to open to your own sensitivities.  Practice is the important next step.  

Finding a good teacher is important.  Even a concert pianist needed a teacher for the fingering of the keys.  We all need some direction as we go.  Spiritualism centres offer circles of development and would be a good resource to your lessons.
God bless, J

johnswifey86

Post by johnswifey86 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Thank you Spirittalk, I appreciate you writing me back. And that was pretty simple. I really appreciate it. I will definately keep that in my notes and try it.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”