2 Questions on development of abilities

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

johnswifey86

2 Questions on development of abilities

Post by johnswifey86 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I am trying to develope abilities as a psychic medium. I have been diagnosed w/ Anxiety and I think I may have some depression issues as well, but its more mild than anything. So I was wondering if having these issues would hinder me from developing any abilities. My other question is; is it definately necessary to have to join a psychic/ medium development group, or anything like that...or can I just do it all on my own?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 pm

We are a balance of body, mind, spirit.  Keeping that balance in as good a shape as possible is important.  The whole is used when we work.  

I was just discussing with someone how our whole body, mind, spirit can be involved in mediumship.  So keeping all in good shape is important.  

Having said that, we all suffer at times from the ups and downs of life.  As a matter of fact many things contribute to depression, including a chemical imbalance within.  We can pull ourselves up by some simple tools (visualization, meditation, affirmation) or we can go for help in any way possible.  

Having a teacher (or not) is a personal choice.  I have found that groups aid our development in leaps and bounds - but that is just my experience and I run development circles.  

Consider....even a concert pianist needed a good teacher to learn the fingering of a piano.  We all need some good base upon which to build in our own way.
God bless, J

BboydARX

Post by BboydARX » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:05 pm

I say what ever works best for you is what you should do.. but either way what you need in your development is feedback from others. Of course with metaphysical subjects feedback from the typical person isn't usually constructive. That's why either a group or an online community such as this one really helps. I'm beginning to find that out more and more each day. Because our self-concepts are influenced by the feedback/reaction/responses of others it makes sense (from a psychological perspective) that your growth in psychic abilities would be more rapid because of feedback. If your doing it on your own, you might not know which way your going. But also you must remember that a lot of the answers to your questions are within. The difficulty is listening. =)

Namaste.
Louis

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 pm

If what you hear (even from within) is not understood in its message, there is room for teachers to help define it in your own experiences.
God bless, J

Wingedxwolfxbiyu

Post by Wingedxwolfxbiyu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I dont see a pure need to join a group tho they may help you lots I learned a bunch on my own then after working with some outhers well lots got even more so just make shure you trust those you're around it was kinda my big thing tho I know my gifts can come whenever in whatever form it makes for intreasting times

just relax too

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:50 am

Perhaps the understanding would be a lot more conducive to learning with a teacher or group to offer energies of learning.  Those that go off to do their own thing often have experiences they don't understand.  Frequently these become disruptive to their lives as they try to understand the portals they have opened.  

A teacher helps with a lot of things, including the lessons to be safe, sound and learning in all aspects, all the time.  Please do not dismiss that help is often the best method of learning.

We each have talents, abilities and skills (psychic included) and the more we open and develop our own talents to the best possible level, the more conducive to our lives will be the attendant results.  The opposite, when fooling around with energies, can also be the result.

God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 am

Winged Wolf:  You have found a lot of answers all on your own and suggest this chaos to others.  And yet.....you have arrived in a Mediumshhip Development group to learn?  Perhaps there is more in life than this individual, alone struggle?
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”