A question about orbs....

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

DavidL

A question about orbs....

Post by DavidL » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi all,

I recently received an Aura report when visiting Salem, MA, and there was an orb in the reading picture (see attached). Both times I had the Aura interpreted (in Salem and on this site) I was asked if the orb showed up in other photographs I have been in. I was curious because for the longest time the only cameras I've taken pictures in have been digital and I haven't noticed any orbs in any of them. Do orbs show up in digital photography?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Warm Regards,

David
Attachments
body.jpg
body.jpg (68.06 KiB) Viewed 7542 times

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:19 pm

You need to be talking to someone who experiments or understands photography with spirit.  I have no experiences with orbs to share, except the ones I have seen in photos.  Spirit photography from the past always included a medium in the experience either taking the picture or appearing in it or both.
God bless, J

DavidL

Post by DavidL » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Spiritalk,

Sorry I guess I'm looking in the wrong section for my answer, but thank you for your reply. The impression I got from my aura reader was that if an orb is around you it would show up in pictures as it does in the aura picture. Since it has not, I became curious as to why.

Warm Regards,

David

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 pm

To understand orbs would be to understand spirit energies.  I have often thought they were the best a spirit could manage with the energies available.  The stronger the energy the more likely of a full spirit presence.  Faces are often seen within the orbs.

The spirit presence that was there during the aura picture would indicate some form of intelligent presence as it does not appear elsewhere.  Your mind aspect of the aura drawing may have been drawing spirit presence at the time.  Many variables to consider, but we are the author of our own activities.
God bless, J

DavidL

Post by DavidL » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 pm

That's an interesting take on it. I never really considered the possibility that it could of been a matter of the being choosing to be seen or not, or that my state of mind could of lead to a spirit being present at the time. Good observations to consider.

Also, I found out that the camera used in the Aura report was indeed a digital camera, so I suppose it doesn't/shouldn't matter (though in the research I did I found that older digital cameras produced a lot of false orbs due to resolution and lighting issues). I've never heard of faces being seen within orbs, is that in relation to a picture or by someone who can see orbs with the naked eye?

I wonder if there's some type of strengthening or training one could do in order to see things as orbs and auras. That would be something.

Thank you a ton for your insight and responses spiritalk,  its much appreciated.

Warm Regards,

David

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Orbs are a spirit manifestation.  Mediumship is a spirit exercise.  Seeing orbs or the faces within them is mediumship (IME).  I have seen a lot of pictures with orbs as I have friends who don't do photography for special ocassions as they never know what they will get (orbs) appearing in the finished picture.

I thought I read somewhere that it didn't matter if it was a digital camera?  But then I don't do photography so you would need to confirm that with someone who does photography.
God bless, J

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 am

Hi David, I just had to look a little further into orbs and check out what I found - http://www.gillministries.com/Orbs.htm, I was quite amazed at this picture. I have heard about spirit presences in the form of orbs appearing on photos before but WOW!! I agree with Spiritalker on the "wanting to be seen" issue. I have had an experience with a spirit guide making their presence known during a long-distance Reiki session I performed, and I was well aware that the guide was wanting to be seen, but I only got to see what is known as "second pair of healing hands". Yes I know its a little of subject, but since we're talking about spirits I had to throw that in!

Also, back to the orb picture, seems like the more light is involved the more obvious the orbs become, as does an aura. I have on occasion manipulated some of my pictures, taken with a regular digital camera and discovered that I can capture up to 2-3 inches of my own aura as well in doing so.

I attached a picture of a photo of a new tattoo I got on my hand last year. I manipulated the brightness and contrast to make my aura visible...

No orb though  :smt003
Attachments
SANY1080 (2).JPG
SANY1080 (2).JPG (93.96 KiB) Viewed 5242 times

DavidL

Post by DavidL » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your input and suggestions, I'm actually going to try that hand picture and see if I can see anything :) I feel a bit silly though, I was looking through a few older pics from our baby shower and now that I'm looking for it I have seen a similar orb in most of them... I guess I just never paid any attention to it since I always just look at faces in pictures..

There's one that's particularly huge that I was just amazed that I never noticed... when I came across it on my computer I initially thought "did I accidentally hit this with a photoshop brush? But I went and looked on the camera memory card and it's exactly the same, I thought I would share it and see what you thought of it.. it's pretty cool because it's right over her belly where the baby is!
Attachments
orb1.jpg
orb1.jpg (95.19 KiB) Viewed 5227 times

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:05 am

Oh my gosh David this is weird. I just took a photo of my son in a costume yesterday night ("death" of all things - kids are so morbid! and yes the mask looks creepy!!! lol) And there was an orb almost in the same spot in front of him!
Attachments
SANY3064 (2).jpg
the original
SANY3064 (2).jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 5218 times
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:12 am

I don't know why he had such a strange shadow with him - I took another pic in the same spot with my daughter and her shadow looked the way it should...

Here's another copy of the same pic, this time with brightness at 1/3 of max, max contrast and 0% highlights and 0% shadows in windows live photo gallery. see the aura?! The orb disappears in the darkness though...
Attachments
SANY3064 (4).jpg
Here's another copy of the same pic, this time with brightness at 1/3 of max, max contrast and 0% highlights and 0% shadows in windows live photo gallery. See the aura?! The orb disappears in the darkness though...
SANY3064 (4).jpg (81.41 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
SANY3064 (3).jpg
This one with max brightness, max contrast, 0% highlights and 0% shadows in windows live photo gallery.
SANY3064 (3).jpg (100.19 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:51 am

The orb also showed on a photo of my daughter, but a bit bigger and much lower...  also had a small or mini orb on 2 of my pix... but then i played with one pic, there was a shadow from a shower head in my bathroom in the background (I edited the pic cropping it, so you can't see the actual shower head) and you could see more than just the shower head shadow when I put it in sepia/black&white mode... sigh... having trouble to put that pic on here... is that a face or what?!!
Attachments
SANY3060 (3).jpg
My daughter with an orb
SANY3060 (3).jpg (66.02 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
SANY3080 (2b).jpg
Me with mini orb and shadow to the left
SANY3080 (2b).jpg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
SANY3080 (4b).jpg
Same photo of me in sepia/black&white... is that a face????
SANY3080 (4b).jpg (81.14 KiB) Viewed 5412 times

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Manipulated photography is no proof of anything.  If it takes all that work to make them appear, what is the point?  

Orbs are a spirit phenomena that is real to many photographers who do not have to manipulate the process.
God bless, J

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Photos 2 and 3 were not manipulated, the 1st one I simply wanted to look black and white due to the vintage costume. That's when I noticed the face looking shadow... along with that round speck next to my eye that you see in the normal pic as well as in th black and white one. The one normal looking pic of my son wasn't manipulated, either, and the orbs are clearly visible.

DavidL

Post by DavidL » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 am

It's interesting to see other types of orbs and pictures than the ones I've been seeing - I wonder what all the variation mean, it interests me a lot.

I kind of agree with Spiritalk about editing photographs not proving anything, but it's also interesting in its own way... I've only tried on a few photos and haven't seen much of any aura from manipulation of them. I'm curious if you use the flash a lot? I rarely ever do, maybe that's the difference.

Like Spiritalk originally said to me, I suppose I should consult a person that deals with photography and spirits professionally or at least has a good deal of experience with them - as I'm just really speculating. As for the orbs, I have had people say it's very likely it was a dust particle that was close to the camera lens at the time and the 'orb' is the reflected light into the lens from the particle. It's logical, I'm not exactly ruling that out either. I would like it to be an actual orb as I saw in the aura report, I would like to be able to see it and understand who/what it is and why it's here - but I really don't even know if it is.

My curiosity mainly stemmed from the thought that there might be a spirit or being hovering around me all this time that might want to tell me something or needs something from me and I've just not paid any attention or been able to help it or communicate to it in any way. Its hard to explain I guess - more of a feeling of sadness than a thought... like unintentionally ignoring someone that might need you, just a horrible feeling when you find out you've done so.

I hope to one day get to a point where I understand it, but right now I'm still very much just learning the very basics of everything.

Again, thank you both for your replies and points of view - it's definitely appreciated.

Warm Regards,

David

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 am

Hi David, the reason why I got all riled up about my orbs, is because of the things that have been happening at my home lately and I was told it sounds like a bad spirit interfering with my family's life. It also seems like my kids' room may be part of the problem and when I took the pictures they were standing right in front of their room door in the hallway... I actually rarely take pictures with flash, btw. These I think I took these with flash, but I took several from the same spot of the same people and only 2 had the orbs, so I am not sure if in this case it was a dust particle, even though that seems like a good explanation somewhere...
Oh well... was an interesting convo, though...

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”