Think I made a spirit connection

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

linesinthesand

Think I made a spirit connection

Post by linesinthesand » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 pm

This is my first post aside from my introduction. I'd love to hear any feed back about this experience. What do you think it was? Any tips for keeping connected to it or getting closer? It is normal to not understand each other at first? Is it was I think it was?
Thanks so much for all your help, I can't wait to learn from each of you.

I was lying in bed doing some self reflection and actually had a breakthrough thinking about my own personal acting. (I've been trying to sort out a troubling/toxic relationship) I’ve also been working on meeting a spirit guide and a spirit protector. I’ve been attempting mediation and trying to strengthen my aura, as to avoid emotional vampires and my giving away of energy.  I felt good that I had finally found some sort of answer for the way I act. And when it all came together and I was accepting light force into my aura. I suddenly felt this pounding type of sensation in my chest. Like this ball of energy could just pop out of my chest at any moment. I almost felt as if I could be sick. I stuck with it and thought.. so, this is what it feels like to have a full aura. The feeling started to diffuse through out my body, until I had a feeling of warmth, soothing, tingling vibrancy all over my body. It felt as if that energy and feeling actually extended slightly outside of my body. I felt wonderful, protected and energized and loved.

At that time the feeling started to wan. I thought I should turn over onto my back and focus on my breathing to try to maintain the connection ( I was laying on my right side) I was speaking and guiding myself through the same system, but also adding that I didn’t want to seem to eager or needy, but that I had really enjoyed the connection, that I was grateful and if communication could continue in my dreams that would be fine. (That’s the way I’ve been communication usually) That I was willing to take it slow and not over ask.  

Then the next thing I remember is hearing this faint sound. Mostly in my left ear. It was a harmonic kind of tone, sort of high pitched. Sounded sort of like music, but not of any earthly instrument, kind of like a hum. Could it have been a dis-incarnate voice, yes I thought so at the time. It was pulsing in and out, almost like breathing. It was gradually getting louder and louder. I noticed it getting louder, but didn’t think much of it. Eventually it was almost deafeningly loud, but I didn’t really realize it until it started to fade. In the middle of the loud part I opened my eyes because I wanted to be for sure there wasn’t something earthly I could attribute it to, also to be sure that I indeed was awake. I could still hear the sound, but the longer I had my eyes open the more it faded. I closed my eyes and listened to it fade away which was when I realized how incredibly loud it had really been. As it was fading away I tried to focus on my vision, could I see who was trying to communicate, if that’s indeed what this was? I focused and could see the outline of a woman. If felt as if she was trying to come info focus, but it was just out of reach. The picture was a midnight blue/blackish iridescent color. Splashes of other iridescent colors throughout (not a menacing black, and this is always the color of my "screen") Her outline was mostly in the blue color, I could see hair outline and that was mostly it. At the time, to me it felt like the sound was a form of communication that we just hadn’t perfected yet. She was speaking, but I couldn’t understand, and she was incapable of speaking my language. It faded away and I was left with the snoring that was coming from the right side of the room.  

I thanked my guides for the experience, asked them to join me in my dreams. And made sure to ground my feet to the earth and close my chakra. I went to sleep. It was beautiful. I felt good. I don’t know what it was. But I will certainly try again.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:25 pm

The wool gathering (alpha) state you describe leaves you wide open with absolutely no focus or direction to the spirit input.  The aura is a mental aberattion of the alpha state when you are unfocused.  My suggestion is to actually take charge and focus your attention above such a level.

While you may not claim the black to be menacing, it is certainly a level below where you want to reach.  And spirit guides who want to be heard will be heard.  You will get ideas in your head not so much the ears.  

Working with chakras can and does open the body, mind, spirit to a lot of aberation rather than focused energies and work.  That has certainly been my experience when people need help because that was their focus.  

Meditation is the key to communication because you are alert at the same time as going into other states of consciousness.  Before sleep and when you are going into sleep (alpha) is just wide open and the sleep will be disturbed and not very productive.
God bless, J

linesinthesand

Thank You!

Post by linesinthesand » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Do you have any tips as to a direction to take or a way to better focus my energy? Should I not be focusing on chakras?
Thank you so much for your feedback.

Saia

Post by Saia » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 am

The 5th chakra seems to be where you experienced the energy, it happens like that sometimes when you first start. Focus on centering and being grounded first, and figure out where you are comfortable. The warmth you discribed is aceptance, you being in harmony with your inner enviornment. The more you practice the more open you become. Take it slow untill youre comfortalable.
Intentionaly, Saia

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:07 pm

I would strongly suggest you leave the chakras alone all together.  The chakras are an eastern study and I do not believe have translated well to the rest of the world.  I have found them to contain hidden meanings and besides the 7 major openings are located on the body in line with your Endocrine system.  This is the system that joins all your major organs.  And I don't believe it is important or healthy to align energies with this system.

What I personally use is a flow.  When attuning with spirit realms from the spirit within I tend to allow a flow to enter the body from the crown where I have connected the other end of the energies/cord to the God of my own understanding.  There is protection, grounding and love in a spiritual connection.  And I have found this to be the best protection in the world.

I would remain alert when practicing.  Do meditation when awake, up and functioning, not ready for bed and sleep.  While the alpha state we pass through on our way to deep sleep is similar to meditation, it is a more alert state when consciousness is in use.  And at a meditation level you are taking charge of the practice and not opening to all and sundry energies.

It would appear you have connected on the alpha state to the lowest of all possible levels - the astral.  You will need to raise the vibrations of your practices above this level to receive loving guidance.  Consider the 7 spheres of the afterlife.  While still in the body, we raise ourselves to sphere 3.  It is from there we will continue our journey.  

So our consciousness must be prepared to raise in spirit vibration to that level through our own efforts of spirituality.  Anything below that is not reaching the spirit guidance we seek of a spiritual nature.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 pm

When we take charge in meditation we find our own peace centre.  Be prepared to quiet the body with breathing exercises, then visualize a place of peace of your own choosing.  This is a scene from nature, either you know of or imagine within the consciousness - either is good.  When the mind wanders, and it will, return it to your scene of peace.  When the energies change and you are attuned - you will know this in your own way - invite your own personal spirit guide with a symbol and a seat within the peace centre.
God bless, J

linesinthesand

Post by linesinthesand » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Thank you so much for the direction. I will be sure to report back any progress. I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Saia

Post by Saia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm

With what you decribed, I think its hard not to acknowledge the Chakras at all, but I can agree  that it isnt neccesary to focus on learning about them, as it is exstensive, but the more practice with them, the easier to adjust to the experience. Ive had 3 Kundalini experiences and the first began before I started any Chakra work, and I felt it important to at least inderstand. I hope that with Spirit talks advice, you have gotten where you feel you need to be.
Intentionaly, Saia

Saia

btw

Post by Saia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh, just a note, astral travel is most closely asociate with the Alpha states and not Delta wich is the deepest sleep-state
Intentionaly, Saia

Saia

btw

Post by Saia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh, just a note, astral travel is most closely asociate with the Alpha states and Delta is the deepest sleep-state.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Astral travelling, the lowest of all possisible altered states is around the alpha state.  Meditation is done on the alpha state as is our journey into sleep.  It is not the deep state nor was that mentioned anywhere here.  

The chakras should be left alone if you don't understand what you are doing.  It is this idea of practicing anything to gain anything that is a little unfocused and not a good method to your spiritual development.  While psychic work and mediumship require a certain leap of faith at some points, it is important to be grounded and protected at all times and not be frivolous in experimenting with anything and everything.

This site was begun to confirm and encourage good spiritual practices, not random experimentation.  Read up on the notes and take your time to focus and work, through meditation, on your psychic and mediumship abilities.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”