Question about blocking mediumship ability

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

becky01834

Question about blocking mediumship ability

Post by becky01834 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:07 am

Hey
I have recently been having more and more of my mediumship abilities come into play as I have been studying Shamanism and releasing a lot of the old emotions that no longer serve me.  My twin sister has the absolute ability to see Spirits.. it never went away or has been blocked (well besides in her teenage years lol because she was too distracted)  I have this uncanny feeling that I experienced something that really really frightened me as a child in the house we were living at when I was between the age of 1-3.  I remember lots of things from those years.. I just have no recollection of any moments I have had inside of the house.  My older sister has repeatedly told me that this house was haunted, and by something that made her feel very uncomfortable.

Now my question is, are you able to block certain memories from you mind that scared you?  I know some people block out complete years from their memories.. but in my case I remember those years, just absolutely nothing from the house.. it's so strange!!  I also have this fear of SEEING thing.. I have always said I don't want to see you, and I don't want to hear you.. but I was still always constantly seeing spirits out of the corner of my eye!!  I want to figure out how to unblock this ability as I feel I am ready for it now!

Thank you for reading! :-)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Our mind is a wondrous thing.  We most definitely block what is painful to remember.  And those memories most likely stem from fears.  

You never truly blocked spirit from your life.  You just ignored its input.  The idea of building up your connection may be aided with the notes on Spirit Guides, who they are and their purpose in our lives.   It seems the biggest obstacle to overcome is personal fears.  And if they are passed, then anything is possible.
God bless, J

becky01834

:-)

Post by becky01834 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Thank you Spiritalk! that makes a lot of sense.. I have just ignored things.  It's very true.  I really feel I am ready to start using my gifts and my mom when delivering a message to me (she has passed) said I need to be very clear in accepting these gifts.. so i think I really need to work on it a bit more!
Great advice!! Yes!  I need to speak to my guides more.  I know I have a new guide who has come to work with me, to help balance me out because I have always been extremely grounded!  Hopefully that will help as well!! She has already shown me so much!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Take your time, it will come through when you need it most.
God bless, J

mom2ericha60

Post by mom2ericha60 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 am

That makes a lot of sense to me. I blocked, or ignored it all while I was younger, I was petrified of the things I could do or see. I am 50 now and it seems that when I hit maturity, or menopause I accepted what I can do a lot more than I did at a younger age.
Linda

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Our youth is filled with a lot of experiences to form our personality.  The lessons coming so quickly don't often leave room to try and understand our own spirit.  Maturity brings some time and inclination to spirit awareness.  Open and be aware that it is all about you and take the time to know who and what that is as a spirit.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”