Not sure if I should see a medium

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AquaMyst

Not sure if I should see a medium

Post by AquaMyst » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 pm

I recently found out about the death of a former love interest who I had a very intense relationship with, however had not talked to him in several years. Found out he passed away in July of 2012. Since finding this out last week sometimes I feel that I can sense his presence. A new friend who recently came into my life confessed to me that while she was in my office to visit me she saw a male presence watching me, concerned for me...she sensed he hadn't crossed over because he wanted to make sure I was going to be alright. I have felt what I believe to be his presence and when I focus on it I feel there is something he wants me to have or some message he wants to get to me. I am not sure what it is. The same new friend, who is a little unstable told me that she was going to see a medium this weekend and wanted me to come. Although I feel like this is a personal session for her, not sure how I feel about people who charge for their services, and also just think its weird to not have a private session myself if I decided to go this route. At the same time I'm thinking maybe this is a good opportunity in case he does have a message for me. I've read that if a spirit wants to get a message to you they will, you don't need to do anything. I feel like I'm obsessing a little over this and wonder if I should just let it go and continue on with my life normally and let the message come on its own...or go seeking a way to receive the message.
Life is what you make it...

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:17 am

Dear Jennifer, :smt009
It is my personal opinion and advice that seeing a medium to put you in contact with your ex would be a very big backwards step in the healing of your marriage. It could undo all the good which you have done up until now, in one sitting. It would be like you throwing gasoline or petrol on a fire, in an effort to extinguish it.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 921#330921

L&L,

EoT :smt022

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:12 pm

You are right in one thing Jennifer, if a message is important it does not require a visit to a medium or any other source.  It will come naturally.  

When loved ones pass over, their concerns for those left on the earth plane often keep them from the progress of going into the light.  My suggestion would be to encourage this friend to seek the light and move onward, instead of looking back.

When a spirit has not entered the light, they do not learn the skills of communication and can be a bit of a disruptive influence.  Encourage growth at all times and you will get any message that is important to you.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”